The Synchronized Cycle Sisters are PREGNANT!!! Part 3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby moominbaggins » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 am

oh gosh sherah totally feeling for you! least you can try relax in your own home for a few days (hopefully) pals is right try get in the cinema/ dinner. i only have one and find its a struggle to get time to do them things. and youl be busy once that little baby of your is here. cant believe how soon that will be!!!

pals bet your girls love having their room painted. sounds lovely your getting your nursery sorted. you must post pics :D. i too have baby things scattered around the flat (apartment) iv never had a nursery we didnt have a 2 bed till mia was 2 so she went straight into big girls princess room. this baby is sharing with us till shes 6 months - 1 yr. its whats recomented over here to keep the % down for sds. we have most of our stuff for the baby now minus a breast pump. want to wait till my class before i buy one see what they recomend.

thanx girls theres not a date set yet, it all depends on if im put on insulen. if i am i will be induced. its a very slim chance i can go naturally wich im so hoping for. but being realistic il be induced just after 38 weeks.

lisa your dream sounds wonderfull!! cant believe how far we have all come. itreally is amazing :) xxxx
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Keiraplus1please » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:00 am

Sherah, you poor thing! It does sound like you've been on a rollar coaster ride there! Sounds like you'll be holding your littel bundle of joy in a week or two though! That's awesome! I bet you can't wait to see him/her! I can't remember if you had any guesses as to what you were having?

Moomin - we can still cross our fingers that you go natural! Consider mine crossed for ya!

PALS - We are doing the bag packing this weekend. We're also taking the bassinet and car seat out of the attic for a cleaning. I am still amazed as to how you do it all with 4 kiddos at home! Amazing! And, yes, I avoided one of the one-week visits! Yay, less traveling! They basically said since I was having an uncomplicated pregnancy that it was fine.

Lisa - Cute dream! I'm with ya on the meeting them part! I cannot wait to see what my little man looks like!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:42 am

Keira, that's nice that you don't have to make the long trip to the doctor quite as often. With one of my kidddos, the practice didn't even really make me do weekly visits until about 38 weeks, anyway. So funny you should mention how hard it must be with four kids because this morning was one of those mornings where I couldn't even go to the bathroom without someone barging in and needing something... hee hee hee... let's just say that it is NEVER quiet around here. I'm buying a few minutes of computer time as my boys are upstairs making their beds and getting dressed. LOL! :) Then, the busy day begins! :) Have fun packing that bag, momma!

Moom... crossing fingers that you can manage to go naturally! We'll be having little one sleep in our room for the first several months, too. So funny because I'll have this great nursery, but it won't even really get used until the baby is about 3 mos. old! :) LOL!

SheRah... you hanging in there, girl???

Lisa, Pure... how are you ladies doing? Anything new?

AFM: I have developed terrible cramping in my legs... this is truly a first for me, as I haven't experienced this in the other pregnancies. Anyone else have this? It used to just be a night thing... like, I'd have charlie horses in my calves waking me up, but now, I have that tight feeling all day... hurts to walk (or rather, waddle). Ugg. I'm pretty sure it is all normal and related to baby pressing on a nerve (according to what I've heard/read). I guess I have an excuse to go get a massage! :)

Well, my second DD turns 7 tomorrow, so today is birthday prep day! We're excited for a fun, family weekend of partying! :) Have a great weekend, ladies!!!
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:18 am

I'm hanging in there haha. It's nice to be able to relax today. I scheduled the NST for Monday at 8am so hubby can go. Hopefully that goes fine :)

As for guesses, I'm guessing boy, but who knows!

PALS, I have had leg pains the whole time, but it's mostly because my legs and feet swelled up so much. If you are having any swelling try some firm compression stockings, they helped me so much! It's the only way I can get around!
Me-31, DH-29 1st Cycle TTC Aug 2011
BFP 9/1/11
Baby Anna Arrived 5/8/12!
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby moominbaggins » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:58 am

pals i found out this thing about leg cramps as i had a real bad one a few weeks ago. tonic water with quinnin is ment to help. it dissolves the acid in your muscel that creates the cramp. now there is a report that quinnin is bad for you in pregnancy but thats in high doses of about 300mg up. but you only get about 100 in a whole bottle. and recomended that you only need half a glass.

its worth asking your doctor what they think anyhow :)

still lovely to have that nursery though, if you got a chair in there least you can get five mins toyourself to feed baby?

x
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:54 am

Moominbaggins and SheRah: Thanks so much for the suggestions regarding the leg cramps. I was feeling much better this weekend. I still have the cramping, but not quite as bad, or at least, I'm adjusting to it. Plus, the weekends always seem to bring about more time to rest with my feet up, so that helps! :)

Hope you all had a nice weekend. My DD turned 7, so we had a nice time celebrating with her. She had her first sleepover, and I'm not sure any of us got much sleep with giggles from the girls coming waaaayyyy past bedtime. But, she had so much fun!

On the agenda this week is finishing up some loose ends around the house. We've done a lot of redecorating, so now, I'm just pulling it all together.

SheRah... I'll be stalking you for updates today!!! How are you feeling?

Keiraplus... Did you get your bag packed? I'm still throwing things into mine... I need to pick up some nursing bras. So hard to figure out what size I'll actually end up, as it varies from baby to baby. However, I need SOMETHING to take with me to the hospital. :) Mostly, my bag is packed, though.

How is everyone else doing? I'm currently writing at 4am... ahhh, the joys of insomnia... wish I could just turn my brain off for awhile! ;)

Take care, ladies! Happy Monday! I can't believe it is almost May!:)
I'm Jennifer, and DH and I are on Team Green! This is Baby #5 for us. :) DD is 8, DD is 7, DS is 4, DS is 3 and our newest baby boy arrived on June 12, 2012!
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:35 am

PALS - you sound like such a fun mom :) I remember having sleepovers and my poor parents getting no sleep haha. Glad you had a great weekend!

I had my doctor's appointment today and there was good news for once! My blood pressure was 120/78 so nearly normal! He said he would like it to be back at the 110/70 that it was, but that is WAY better. He said maybe it had to do with the fact that I was having so many contractions. I had my NST test and I didn't have very many at all today and the baby looked great!
Now I go back on Thursday :) Hey, anytime after tomorrow, I wouldn't mind the baby coming. We got a lot done this weekend. Hubby shampooed the carpet in the bedroom and I set up the bassinet. I also got the changing pad ready and washed a bunch of stuff. We still have some more to do but I'm totally feeling more prepared.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:45 am

Sherah, glad to hear the last appointment went well! It's nice that the baby got a little longer inside. So now are you just waiting for labor to start? Or are they still thinking of inducing you at 39 weeks? So exciting that it could be any day now though. That's great that you got the carpets cleaned and things ready to go.

Pals, hope your leg cramps aren't too bad. I've been getting some lately too, not too much right now, just the occaional charlie horse, mostly in my calves. I'm just trying to drink more water, since I probably don't drink enough anyways. Sounds like you're girl had a fun weekend! I always loved having sleepovers when I was a kid. Do you have an appointment coming up this week?

AFM, I had a busy weekend. We had a huge yard project, laying a new flagstone path around the side and back of the house. But we had several friends come help and we got it all done, looks great now! It's so nice to get things done, we just have a few more yard projects I'm hoping to get done this summer, since we won't have as much time next year. Also went looking at baby stuff again and picked out the play yard and swing we want. I think I have all of the big stuff picked out, so we just need to go register for all the small things now. Also decided on the color for the nursery, now to find time to paint!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby moominbaggins » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 pm

glad your doing ok pals. cramps can benasty sogad they have eased off.

sherah sooo glad your bp is bk to normal, that must be such a relief!!

awww lisa sounds great, and un picking all our babys bits out, hubby decided he wanted to do it all this time. wish dont get me wrong is lovely, but kinda took the fun out for me. what colour did you go for? x
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby PALS » Tue May 01, 2012 2:04 am

SheRah, what great news about your blood pressure! WOW! You're full-term now... that baby will be here in no time!!! Glad that it isn't an emergency situation, though... hopefully, bp will stay normal and you'll get the kind of delivery you want (when baby is ready). Doesn't it feel nice to have everything "in order" and ready for your little one to come? I really like having everything as ready as possible by the time I go full-term so that all I have left to do is play the waiting game. Especially, since the end is the least likely time I have energy to get things done. Sounds like you are in a good place and just waiting on baby, now. :)

Lisa, how fun that you'll have your yard all in order for the summer. As you said, better and easier now rather than after the baby comes. I bet it feels good to have the big baby purchases checked off the list!

Moom, thanks for the suggestions for the leg cramps! I'm feeling glad that they are passing and easing up a little... feels good to be able to walk rather than limp, now!

AFM: We're going through a bit of a hard time, as our beloved golden retriever is really sick. We have a vet appt. for today, and DH and I are thinking that she is experiencing end of life symptoms and may need to be put to sleep. She's an older dog, but of course, it is a tough thing for the family to go through.... ugg, lots of emotions (especially for an already-overly-emotional preggo).
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:04 am

Aww PALS I am so sorry! I think that decision is one of the hardest ones out there as we love our pets sooo much :( I hope the vet will help you decide what's best. My sister's friend went through a similar situation but unfortunately it was while she was in labor and I think it was right after she had the baby while she was in the hospital, her husband had to put the dog down. So it was like the same day! How terrible! I'm glad you guys have a couple of weeks to readjust if that's the decision you have to go with! I'm so sorry though that's so sad :(

Thanks I'm so glad to that BP was good again! It's official, I'm having a May baby! haha Well, let's see when he/she decides to arrive. I feel like a ticking time bomb. I hope it's soon so that I can beat the doctors to an induction next week if that's what they decide to do. Otherwise, if I have high bp on Thursday, next Tuesday could end up being delivery day, we'll see.

I think it's funny PALS that now that the bassinet and changing area are ready my BP was lower...hmmm...see hubby??!! hahaha
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

Postby Keiraplus1please » Tue May 01, 2012 6:14 am

PALS - so incredibly sorry you have to go through this right now! Poor little thing! We have two labs (one is 10 and the other is 7) and the one was displaying some symptoms like that the other month, we were worried and took her to the vets. Turns out she just had some kind of stomach bug or ate something yukky outside and they gave her antibiotics and a shot to reduce her fever and she was good as new in two days. Crossing my fingers that is the case for your little pup!

I didn't quite get to packing my bag this past weekend. I did go to the store to get pads, nursing pads, to-go shampoo and conditioner bottles, etc., etc,...Just didn't "pack" them. I did get the car seat and bases out of the attic though (cleaned them up), and then we put the car seat base in my car and moved my 4-year-olds car seat over to the side. She likes her new spot next to the window!

Sherah - Awesome news on the bp! Hopefully it stays that way now that you are resting. I'm sure everything would be just fine if they had to have the baby come now. 38 weeks is great!!! Can't wait to see if your guess for a boy is correct!

Lisa - the yard sounds nice! What nursery colors did you decide on?

AFM - we went on our hospital tour last evening. I was told they had changed things since I last had DD. Turns out, everything was exactly the same! Oh well! It was sort of nice to get a refresher for where everything was so if we're in a hurry we don't get lost or confused then! It got me really excited/nervous at the same time though. I was craning my neck for little babies everywhere we went! I only saw one in the nursery and that baby was so far away being fed by a nurse. We were actually shown a room that is right beside where I had DD! It was kind of cool!

Well, ladies, have a great day!
Me (Kelly) - 33
DH - 38
DD - 4
Baby Blake - 6/4/12
Keiraplus1please
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby ambernicole8484 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:19 pm

:hugs: So sorry PALS :( FX it's nothing major!

Can't believe there will be some babies over here soon!
Me 33
DH 33
DD 13
DS 2

ambernicole8484
Angel
Angel

Postby PALS » Wed May 02, 2012 3:47 am

Awww.. thanks, ladies, for all of your notes. Sadly, we did have to put our lovely dog to sleep yesterday. :( It has been a really tough couple days as she declined so rapidly, and it was really hard to see her struggle. It was very tough to see the kids have to take this all in, as well. However, I think now that she is at peace, my DH and I feel some closure, as do the kids. Although, it is really tough to hear my four year-old keep praying that our dog will feel better and come back home. :( They had a special kind of bond. However, I do know that kids are pretty resiliant, and we're just going to keep them distracted and help them heal. SheRah, I can't imagine this happening during labor, as that happened to your friend... wow, that would be tough to take in!

I had some wicked contractions last night, and I'm guessing it was all related to the stress of the last few days. I seriously thought I was going to have to make a trip to L & D and got sooooo freaked out (as this is too early for me). It made me realize how much little stuff I still have to get done! Luckily, the contrax died down, but I think I'll have a really productive day today trying to tie up loose ends! ;) I think it lit the fire under DH as well, so I think we'll be finishing up our projects asap!!!

SheRah... can't believe you pretty much have a week left! WOW!!!! As you said, contractions and BP probably returned to normal after you got all your ducks in a row! :) Ha ha... glad your DH helped out and you have everything ready!!

Keiraplus, I'm where you are at with the bag... bought the stuff I need, and now, I have to just get it TO the bag. ;) I bet your little one is enjoying the new spot in the car. My kids love shifting seats!!! I really need to get the new baby seat out of the box and in the car!! I've been setting up a lot of baby equipment (well, DH has been) so I get my littlest ones used to it being around so they don't climb all over it. They have a tendancy to want to play with anything new (including swings, basinettes, etc.), but if they are used to seeing it now and having to not touch all that stuff now, they are less likely to climb all over it when it contains a newborn baby!

Amber... glad to see you still on here... we miss you, girl! How are you and your DD doing?

I hope everyone else is doing well!!! Enjoy the day! Can you ladies believe it is May?!?
PALS
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SheRah327 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:36 am

Aw PALS so sorry to hear about your dog. That has to be one of the hardest things that anyone ever has to decide. I know that your dog knew you loved her and I hope your kids are all feeling better soon. I think a new brother or sister in a few weeks should be a welcome distraction!

I'm so excited for my appointment tomorrow lol. Such a nerd. It is with the doc that I cried in front of and freaked out that time, so I think he's a little afraid of me lol. Hopefully he will see that I've come around and I don't fear him anymore because he's a man, I actually like him and think he's nice.

Also, in the case that they do decide to induce me, it's my father-in-law's birthday so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, I know it would make him really happy haha.
BFP 9/1/11
SheRah327
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups