Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 1

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby caqtcake143 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Oh no, Sarah!!!!!! I'm so sorry!!

Will you need to do pricks or just watch the nutrition? Will this mean more appts?
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:35 am

I dont know yet. I have to see the nutritionist on the 9th. As for more appts, yes, I'm back on high risk list again. ugh!

I was reading up on GTT testing. Apparently if its over 10.3mmol/L, they dont even require the 3hr test. It's immediate treatment :( I'm at 10.6mmol/L. So pissed off right now!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:23 am

Ugh!!! I am so sorry love!

Did you have it at all with little man? Onset or anything? Thats not common to get it with a second pregnancy and not the first, right?

At least they caught it though now and you havent had any problems. How has your BP been?

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 am

At last check in June, my BP was fine. I will know today at my OB appt how it is now.

As for my pgncy with Sam, no, nada! This sucks!!! And its pretty high too. It's not like I just barely failed... I busted!! For you americans, i think they measure in mg/dl... well thats a score of 191 for me. Most people are always under 140. And a random testing score of 200 in a doc's office, is a definite diagnosis of diabetes. I mean, really??? I'm screwed!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:01 am

Aw man!!!!! That is high. Ya, I dont know much about it but I know my score was around 125 I think?

Let us know how your appontment goes today!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:05 am

My appointment? bahahaha! A real joke! It was at 2:45pm, so I showed up around 2:30. Ended up waiting a full hour, and finally went in to see the "nurse" (or whatever she is) for my bp (I think it was like 102/80 or something) and weight check (I've gained 18lbs now) at 3:45pm. Then she says to go sit back down and wait to see my doctor. So 4pm goes by, 4:30, 5:00, 5:15 and finally at 5:30 I get called in. I mean, really??? WTF!!!! I was pissed and Sam was over himself and wanted to go home. We were tired and cranky and just not in a good mood. This sucked! She tells me she got delayed in the morning at the high risk clinic by a whole hour so it delayed everything later on. But dude, 3hrs late?? Come on! Anyway, she checked baby's heartbeat, it's fine... sounded good and he was his little active self. then she measured me and it was 29wks. So I am 1wk bigger, but whatever. And then she asks if I went to do the blood tests. Are you kidding me? She didnt even know? Dont these docs communicate with each other? Heck she was AT the high risk clinic that same morning, and those people are the ones who called me on Tuesday... Anywayyyy, I told her I busted and they were sending me to see a nutritionist. Thats about it for my appt. It was friggin pointless. I coulda done all that from home on the phone, ya know? Anyway, I'm alright now. Just waiting for the 9th (Thursday) to see what my plan is and I'm starting to cut out sugars now. No carbs *sniff*
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:17 am

Oh my god. A three hour delay? That is ridiculous! Hopefully your appt next week goes better and hopefully your GD can be managed nutritionally without medication. The two people I knew did really well with diet management but it was hard! Poor Sarah! My doctor asked me yesterday too how my diet and exercise was going. I was like uuuuhhhh if by exercise you mean the two flights of stairs I go up and down at my townhouse then wonderful! So now I'm going to try to at least do some walking. Siiiigh.
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby stuckunderhere » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:35 am

I try to excercise, but because of the SPD, I'm in so much pain, I cant do much. So I'm guessing that is not helping my GD.
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:40 am

B - yes its low blood pressure. never got it THAT bad with aaron just headrush. odd woozy spells but never collapsing!

sarah - my best friend's a diabetic. they were hopeless at monitoring her pregnancy (well in this country there isnt really much help for her) and she had quite a few "hypos" as she calls them. scary but this was her 3rd pregnancy as a diabetic and she says she'd rather deal with it at home than go to the hospital as they don't understand diabetes or how to help her. she REQUESTED to be induced early as baby was measuring so far ahead, at 36 weeks she had the induction and 3kg baby. her relative with GD was left to give natural birth because they didn't give advice on induction and that baby was 5kg to put it in perspective!! oh, and they don't routinely test for GD here, only if there's something wrong with you like you start having hypo's.

so i won't be tested. gotta love africa!!
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby caqtcake143 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:40 am

Oh no Sarah!!! That is terrible! Dont they know that hormones in a pregger can be unpredictable, especially when made to wait for 3 hours with her toddler in a waiting room! ugh. Terrible.

I had a friend who did really well will diet as well. You will do great!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:30 am

Today's lunch... split pea soup and a side salad with avocado, carrots, cucumber and lemon vinaigrette. Apart from the carrots, I'm doing good :)

And Samuel's actually eating an avocado/"cream cheese" (soy) sandwich! 8O
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:30 am

Yum!!!! That sounds SO good Sarah!!!!! I am comin to stay with you! ;)

Soooooo we decided on a dinosaur theme for our little man! I was wavering back and forth. Went yesterday after our appt and found a lamp, wall decals and sheets....all CLEARENCED! So exciuted! I will post a pic. :)
Appointment went well yesterday! Baby is still head down, thinking he may stay that way. Hopefully! We got all our appointments booked now up until delivery! Next one is in about 4 weeks and then its every two weeks after that, then every week! omg. Cannot beleive its that close!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby caqtcake143 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:37 am

This is the stuff I got! :)

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:11 am

Cute! And yeah, I know. I go in 4wks at 32wks, then again at 34, 36, 37, 38, 39 and then lets hope he's here by then lol
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kryssy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Everyone is getting so close now!? Sorry I have been MIA I am tryingo get everything done and still enjoy the summer. Lol

Cake I LOVE the bedding I just finished DS big boy room well for now my sister is buying him a car track for the wall for Christmas but it is done for now.

Sarah I can't believe the doctor issues you are having I would be Going crazy!

Emily I am glad you decided to look after number 1 and 2 and quit one commitment.

AFM
I have so much I want to get done and time is seriously running out!

I want to make sure DS's scrapbook/baby book is up to date, I am redoing some pages to make it more like the new babies. My DH bought me a digital scrapbooking program for christmas and it is by far the most amazing thing so DS scrapbook is half cut and paste half digital. I want to have pages for new baby ready to just add things to. Ie hospital items and introducing pages.

I have crocheted a going home outfit for new baby, and one blanket and one hat but I want to make at least one more blanket and a ton more hats. We live in Northern Alberta and by October the kids live in toques! Lol

I also have 8 receiving blankets to finish. I just sew a hem around the edge buttery are still stating on my sewing machine. Lol

Not to even mention pack a freaking bag and clean the basement for my parents who are coming the last week in August! Plus I only really get 2 hours a dy when DS is asleep to do all this and regular house stuff. Baby better stay put or I am not going o make it! Lol I will post. Picture of the going home outfitnd blanket they turned out really good if I say so myself. Well maybe just the going home outfit as I am goingto add baby's name to th blanket once we have one.

Anyone feeling time closing in on them? It might be the SPD making me crazy I think 30 times day that I am about to go into labour. Lol
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups