Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 1

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby aaronsmummy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:08 pm

cute!! love the dino theme carolanne!! the more i think about little boys the more i'd love another one :D don't remember if you mentioned names, you got any picked out yet??

sarah - your yummy snacks always get my mouth watering lol cannot BELIEVE how close you guys are...i'll be all alone expecting soon :( lucky for me i'll have all your first baby photos to keep my spirits high, can't wait to meet all your little ones! (well hypothetically! :wink: )

kryssy - yay! nice of you to check in!! sounds like you're v.prepared! i just love scrapbooking, am super worried my current scrapbook is too girlie in case i have a team blue player in there...oh well we don't know at this stage so that can be my excuse for trying to keep it 'neutral' as possible in the beginning!

B - hows things with your little man?? any names yet??

as for me - so glad i left the school, it was too much to cope with on top of my university studies, being a mom, and being pregnant. i promised i'd finish the marking of the last pieces i took in but then i'm done and can rather focus on my own studying than other kids!

oh and maybe find a moment to relax once in a while?! that'd be nice :D xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby stuckunderhere » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Kryssy- I feel ya on the winter weather. I'm in Montreal and it gets real cold by Halloween. We usually have snow or very cold windy weather around that time too. Lil Elijah is due mid-October but I'm planning some short sleeved outfits AND some long sleeved too. Never know! Although with the super high heat summer we've been getting, I think it'll be hot in October.

You have SPD too?

Emily- It sucks that now I gotta unsweeten things down a bit. I so dont want to. *sniff*
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kryssy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Sarah - yeah with baby due beginning of September I am half and half on short sleeve and long sleeve for newborn. The SPD got really bad at around 29 weeks I thought I was going into preterm labour as I never had any pain or anything with Link until he was born! I went in expecting the worst and she just said this is only going to get worse. I have be working very hard doing everything she said to maintain like keeping my knees together when I get up or out if the car, bed, couch pretty much anything. I also make sure to sit at evey moment I can again with my knees together. It seems to be working at least a bit. I still get crazy pain but not as often or as bad as she said it could get.
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:03 pm

I've been doing all that too. It's getting worse now at 28wks. I feel like my crotch is breaking into millions of tiny pieces and my back is on fire no matter what I do. Ugh! Dont tell me it just gets worse and worse. I dont need that :(
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kryssy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Yay I feel you! I have so much pressure and pain in both regions which is why I keep thinking I am in labour. Lol No contractions just pressure on my rectum that I only had during labour with Link. It can be kind of scary to use the washroom sometimes lol
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:51 am

I am getting tons of BH lately. I'm so scared I'm gonna go into preterm. And then DH has the nerve to come and tell me that he had a dream he saw the baby 2 nights ago. And he was premature. Eeek!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kryssy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:37 am

I started getting BH'S around 20 weeks as well this time I never had them with DS so it freaked me out. They are now starting to feel more like real contractions now. They squeeze my pelvis and they are around 3 minutes apart when they come. Hopefully it is just the SPD that causes them. That is what I tell myself anyways!!
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:24 am

Yep, thats how I'm feeling now. They've gotten worse since 27wks. Never had them with Sam. Really, he was induced at 41.5wks and I never even felt a contraction til he was like 39wks and even then, they werent like this. I hate it!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:17 am

sarah and kryssy - man i hope it subsides for you both...sounds like a lot of pain!!

sarah - i'm the opposite at the moment, my mom suggested snacks more regularly (since my collapse) keeping energy levels and sugar levels up - like not just making a hot drink, having biscuits with it as well...BUT i got biscuits as she suggested only to discover i'm not a sweet tooth. now i'm sitting with a bag full of biscuits which make me sick to look at. i don't even take sugar in hot drinks usually so the biscuits are one step i can't take right now!! i'd rather eat savoury any day...hubby got spinach feta pastry puffs as a snack which sounds MUCH nicer to me!!

C and B and vanessa hope you're all doing well. update when you can!! :D

as for me - recovering from work now. i've run myself down SO much with that job i couldn't kick the cold i've had for like 2 weeks and to top it off my nose is now covered in cold-sores. thankfully i did the smart thing and left for my health but man, i have a university assignment due on the 8th that i haven't even picked up a book for yet...hope i manage!! for now i'm just resting eating and sleeping, and hope to feel better again soon and enjoy this 2nd trimester! xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:38 am

Emily my doctor suggested drinking watered down Gatorade or powerade. I don't know if you can get that in Africa though. I haven't felt dizzy much since I started drinking 1 that is half water half Gatorade a day. I have no idea how or why it woks but it instantly killed my dizzy spells and now I only get dizzy if I skip a couple days.
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:42 am

thanks for the tip kryssy! i'll give it a go...we get similar things here, i'll look around. :D
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:21 am

Ahhh my ticker says 30 days!!!!
I need to get my stuff together.
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:38 am

Mmm that was an awesome bday cake. Go me! Dairy-free, Gluten-free and sugar-free chocolate cake with orange flavored frosting :-D

And I got some amazing gifts from my family too. More cooking on its way! haha

stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:26 am

Happy Belated Birthday Sarah!!!!!! That cake looks AMAZE! Did you have a great birthday?

Kryssy- You are so close!!!! Its great for you to check in. Any feelings on when this baby may come? Are you thinking early?

AFM- Doing well here. Starting to get super tired, and so irritable at times. lol. I guess it comes with the territory, right? :) We went to a wedding on Saturday night which was so so fun. Plus my mom watched Makena for the night so we had a little break and got to sleep in until 8! Amazing! lol. We danced SO much at the wedding, I was a little nervous that this baby might fall right out, but he didnt. I was definitely hurting the next day though, my feet are STILL sore!

Looks like we need a new page, I will start one now! :)
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:28 am

Here is the link ladies:

http://www.twoweekwait.com/preg/communi ... 27#2370127

Hope everyone has a fab week!
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010