The BabyMakers

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby aaronsmummy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:26 am

kellie - congrats on becomig an aunt! my boy currently has no cousins...and actually no aunties yet either! i keep joking to my brother in law and brother to get a move on lol glad you had a lovely baby shower :D

cara - glad your ulttrasound went well...you're right that head on shot is freaky! don't think i'll ask for one of those lol

cara, kellie - i totally understand your outlook too, i was also not listening to horror stories with Aaron's pregnancy and wasn't afraid to give birth...unfortunately i never had the chance to 'give birth' in the end though because of the premature labour and emergency C-section. it hasn't made me more scared about giving birth, and i want a natural birth more than anything! BUT what i'm afraid of is preterm labour. especially since i started googling it and know there's a higher risk of premature labour if you've had it with a previous pregnancy. If i make it past 35 weeks i'm sure that will calm me down and i can start looking forward to a nice natural birth experience too :D

OTHER MAMAS - any of you with children already have a VBAC or full-term after preemie story you could share with me?? that would help too i think... :D

bella - aww i can't wait to feel the first movements! i must be close...felt DS at 16 weeks so i'm aching to feel some movement from baba right now!! they say you feel 2nd babies earlier but clearly not always - i'm already almost 16 weeks!

hoping - i feel you on the DS needing to grow up before LO arrives - except mine's literally in terrible two's! just getting him to pack away his toys by himself is a challenge...perhaps he'll improve when he goes to kindergarden?? it must be getting boring for him at home now. He starts in january, and i'm due end of january with baby. it'll be much more exciting for him i'm sure, but a lot of change coming his way - deep down i know he'll adapt just fine and make a great big brother :D just can't help wishing he'd be a little more co-operative during this pregnancy though...

tiff - getting close to U/S day...you must be dying with excitement! :D

:hi: EOE, hope our other mama's are all well

as for me - had my first weigh-in and *drumroll* i'm 50kgs. confused, i thought that was what i weighed before. basically there are two possibilities, one is that since i don't own scales i actually weighed less, like 48kgs, and have only put on a couple, or the other that i haven't picked up any weight yet. Anyway the doctor didn't seem worried so i suppose neither am I...i'll definately start to pick up by 20 weeks i'm sure!! :pregnant2: xxx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:02 am

Emily- I was just dying to feels little one kick. It's my first so it wasn't until week 17 that I felt him and then it was just sparatic until around week 20. Now I feel the little guy all the time. An last night for the first time I saw the movement on the outside and I'll be 22 weeks on sunday. It was so cool! I wanted to record him doing it but everything I did he would stop, I suppose he is camera shy. And with the weight gain, I was asking my doctor about it and he said, the baby will always gain weight. You want to stay healthy and eat right but no matter what you do the baby will get his nutrients either way. I've gained 9lbs(4kg). I started at 105(47kg). Then at my 17 week appointment I was up to 109(49kg). And my last about at 21wk4days I was up to 114(51kg). So I'm gaining really slow myself. And I look a lot bigger than you ;) it's my belly! Anyway, as long as the doctor is not worried you shouldn't be either. You know the baby is doing good.

Afm-DH has finally started riding my ass about shopping for the baby :oops: Wen I found out he was a boy I went a little crazy and bought tons of boys clothes, but I bought everything 12 months and up. I knew I would get stuff at my showers so I didn't buy little stuff. I already was given tons of baby stuff from dhs friend and we already have a lot of the big stuff because we've been trying so long to have this baby. So needless to say I now need nothing :-/. But I feel so much more accomplished than I did before. It's a crappy weekend. It's only 8 am and it's already pouring outside :(. No fun day for me.
How is everyone?
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:42 am

Hi Ladies, just checking in.

I really need to get organised and take a belly shot this weekend - 33 weeks.

Sorry but I don't think I can do personals - I just don't have the concentration or memory any more to remember much beyond the last post on here :oops:

Cara - you're lucky you're all organised for LO. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by everything I have to buy and how much money we're having to spend... We've had loads of things to spend on recently including car services and problems and vet's fees. Now I'm starting to stress a bit about going on maternity leave and not having the same money coming in - but we're just going to have to see what we can manage. Only 2 weeks left of work - I can't wait! I'm so tired now because I'm not sleeping that well but I managed to have an afternoon nap today which was great - this evening we'll be watching the Olympics. Lunch with friends tomorrow and then I've a massage on Monday because I've been getting bad lower back pain... Ah well, just have to put up with these things! The weather here is really nice for a change - in fact I've kind of been wishing it was colder because I'm just so hot at the moment - my hands and feet especially! Bizarre...

I hope Claire's doing well with Charley and everyone else is keeping well. Sorry to just ramble about myself, but I just can't seem to retain much other information right now!

Rachel
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Typheni » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:49 am

I will catch up with personals when I have a bit more time. I'm packing away or trying to. I can't do anything with the way I feel. Hope you all are doing great.
Me - 30
DH - 33
:angel: Faith Lily- @ 20 weeks-Trisomy 18
DD: 3/30/13
:angel: 7w5d heart stopped 9/14
:angel: 9w heart stopped 4/15-Trisomy 13
Beta-15 dpo 133
Beta-19 dpo 975

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Typheni
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:51 am

Hi ladies I'm still lurking

Charley n I are well :) my milk is in, abundant and leaky lol - I think I could feed 6 bubs.

I'm still writing her birth story I promise it is coming lol

Anyway Charley has just gone down after her 3am feed so it's time for mumma bear to get some rest.

I feel bad for not posting much and or doing personals but I'm sure you all understand lol

Night/ morning ladies

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby KellieRose » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:22 pm

Claire- of course we understand! You got a new baby, take all the time you need! Glad all is going well!

Cara- Boo on DH giving you a hard time. That's part of the fun and I think most new Moms do the same when they find out what they're having. I'm totally guilty of it!

Tiffany- Hope you feel a little better soon lady!

Rachel- I feel ya on the worrying about everything that you need to get. We got so much from our registry but there is still so much more we need! I forsee us needing to spend at least another $1500 on stuff before Hannah gets here...

Emily- I've only gained 6 pounds the whole pregnancy so far! Which is crazy. If the docs arent concerned I wouldnt be.

AFM: Shit night...and too tired to go into it. Ill update about what happened tomorrow....night ladies!
Kellie- 27 & Theo- 28
Fur Babies: Dexter & Emmie
1/5/12- :angel:
2/6/12- :bfp:
EDD: October 20, 2012
It's a GIRL! Our little Hannah Jean
http://apizzaintheoven.blogspot.com/
My TWW FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/kellie.rose.39
FB Page for my Etsy Shop! Please like! http://www.facebook.com/HannahBananaBands?ref=ts
Hannah Jean is here! Born October 4, 2012 at 3:33pm weight 7lbs11oz <3
KellieRose
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Cara - glad to hear your appt went well! I agree with you about the frontal pic :lol: I have one of Charlotte when she was about 11wks and it looks freaky!!

Emily - hope you start feeling bubba move soon! :) Sorry but I'm no help with the VBAC thing and not really any help with full-term after preemie either. My preemie was DS3 so we'll see what this one is. Was there a reason you had your son early?

Rachel - look forward to seeing your belly shot!! :) Yay for only 2 more weeks of work. Enjoy your massage, i'm so jealous!!

Tiffany - hope you're feeling better soon!

Claire - glad to hear your milk has come in. Don't feel bad for not posting as much. We definitely understand!

Kellie - sorry to hear you had a shit night. I seem to have had a succession of them lately due to DS3

AFM - I seem to have got the "nesting" bug. I think every inch of the house has been disinfected :lol: DH is home tomorrow and I can't wait!! :jump:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:12 am

Sorry if my pic is MASSIVE I can't work out the resize on the photobucket iPhone app

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:38 am

hey ladies!

cara - sorry DH is giving a hard time, its good to be prepared though! i'm waiting on my shopping til we find out gender...not long to go now :babyg: :babyb:!! nothing we NEED as such as we always planned on a second child we've kept all DS's things...but no matter what the gender is i want to buy my new baby a few special bits and pieces that aren't just inherited 2nd hand from big bro - just for them!

claire - so nice to hear from you and that you're doing well with the breastfeeding! we all understand you take all the time you need mama :wink:

kellie - sad you had a bad night, hope things get better hun :wink: can't believe how far along everyone is getting now!

tiff - 1st tri is always a challenge even just with the worrying let alone adding a butt load of symptoms on top of that! hope things calm down for you and you have a great vacation!

rachel - glad you're down to your last two weeks at work, then you can take some more time to rest and relax - maybe take your mind off some of lifes stresses with long bath's etc!!

bella - my premature labour with DS basically has 3 possible explanations (it was at 35 weeks) 1. a bladder infection brought on contractions 2. it was found i had a small placenta during the C-section (which is what could have caused his lack of oxygen leading his heartrate to be all over the place. that's why they opted for the emergency cesar due to 'fetal distress') 3. i was working about a 60 hour week on my feet all the time, for a crappy salary and no overtime pay (so stress)

OR a combination of all the above.

but i don't want to be a negative nancy so thats enough about that :wink:

:hi: BIG HI :hi: to all our other moms-to-be!

as for myself - trying to finish up marking so i can put this teaching behind me and focus on my own studies (i promised when i left to mark the pieces i took in over the semester) SO boring weekend here lol hope you other ladies are enjoying it anyways :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 am

Oh my goodness ladies - I'm suddenly having a bit of an anxiety attack about impending parenthood! Eek 8O I was just sitting googling for pyjamas with a front-opening so I can breastfeed and BAM, it just hit me - there's not that much time left until I finish work and then have my baby....

Has anyone else been feeling this way???

Hope you're all good...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Rach I did that too, I'm sure it's normal.

At the start it's all about the journey to achieve pregnacy, then worrying about maintaining the pregnancy and then all of a sudden it's been nine months (which pass super fast!) and you suddenly realize your pregnancy is almost over and then you'll have a BABY and be a MOTHER forever.

I had moments during my freak out where I second guessed my decision to have her - but now she's here I cant imagine not having her in my life :)

You'll do it again after your LO arrives too.
I just yesterday had a moment of 'I've got a child for life now, wow'

I've hardly slept in the last 48 hrs but it's so worth it I love Charley bear soo much!

Don't stress, its normal, your not alone and you will love being a mother :)

Eoe As I said I have hardly slept in 48 hrs do I'm going to try and nap now.
Charley n I are co sleeping on a mattress on the floor on her room cos she won't settle alone on her back in the cot at the moment for some reason.

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby MelBelle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi, ladies!

I've been away from the site for the last week or so, and I think I finally realized that trying to keep up with the updates in all of the groups I'm in has been stressing me out. I'm so swamped with everyday life right now that it's become just one more thing to check off my to-do list.

Soooo, I'm leaving the forums. I've really enjoyed getting to know all of you, and I look forward to keeping up with those of you who are on Facebook (when I find the time to check that). I wish you all the best with your pregnancies and beyond!

M
Me: 33
DH: 33
TTC #1 since Dec 2011
Chemical - Jan 2012
BFP - Mar 10, 2012
It's a boy! :babyb:

MelBelle

Postby Clairebear » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Best wishes Mel xxooxx - pop in when LO arrives! (if/when you get a chance)

Afm nap time! :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 am

Good morning ladies!!! How is everyone??

Claire: I love the pic of Charley!!! How is she adjusting? how are you adjusting??? Hope your getting a little sleep!

Mel: Best wishes - check in when you can - we'll miss you!!!

Rachel: I think we all feel that way - its normal. You try and get pregnant then you finally get there and all of a sudden it feels like wow that was fast!!!! Even though we know the end result it doesn't sink it - even for us "repeat" mums it feels that way. For me not that long ago I was thinking "oh 6-7 weeks seems so long to wait to meet this LO" and now I'm thinking "5 weeks or less and we could be bringing home a baby yikes I have so much to do!!!!" lol so its totally normal!

Aaronsmummy: Can't wait for your gender scan...when is it???? Are you hoping for one or the other???? So exciting!!!!!

Bella: HI! Hope you are enjoying DH being home!!!! Hope you are feeling well and Charlotte & DS are letting you get a little rest!!!!

Kellie: How are you?? Haven't heard from you since your post that you were having a crappy night. I hope things are better!!!

Cara: Sorry DH was raining on your shopping parade! But like you said you had been trying for so long your bound to have quite a bit already......well bully for him as long as your happy & LO is set that's what matters - DH will get over it!!!! We need a new belly pic - this is the time he'll really start to grow!! I will post one too!

I hope I didn't miss anyone - if I did HI! and sorry!

AFM: Went to the dr. yesterday - 35 weeks already!!!!!! Yikes!!!!! I am now thinking oh my 5 weeks or less to go!!!! Not enough time, it went to fast, etc. lol - i think just last week I was wondering how I could possibly wait 6 weeks lol!!!! Dr. is still a little concerned so I get an extra u/s next week!! And she checked my cervix (OUCH!) and I am 1-2cm!!!! I know it doesn't mean much - you can sit at that for a few weeks but ya never know - I think that's why I am now like "not enough time and how did this go so fast???" Until she checked me I wasn't thinking that but hearing that made me really think! So this week bags are being packed and car seat bases are going in the cars!!!!! My god I really just can't believe its here!!! So I am now on dr. appts weekly and extra u/s next week!

Hope everyone is doing well - have to get back to work!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:45 am

We are a bit all over the place at the moment. Charley and me. We saw my doc the other day and my blood pressure is fine now so that's a relief. They rechecked charley and Shes still perfect :)
Our sleep/ feeding is what's out of whack at the moment but from what I've Been told by all the doctors and midwives she's feeding and sleeping well for her age, so I can't complain too much :)
It's not been too hard bar the 50hr stretch where she had tiny feeds constantly and barely slept between them.
DP set up a bed on the floor in Charley's room for me for nights like that which has been great it means I can safely and comfortably lay down to cuddle and feed her without worrying about falling asleep.
At the moment it's 3:15am and charley and I are sitting in my feeding bed after a nappy change, having a feed. She had a fussy afternoon do we fell asleep here together in the evening. Once she's almost sleeping again I'll wrap her up and get comfortable for the rest of the night.
We are expecting a few visitors tomorrow ( well today technically ) and I think I might take her to spend a few hours with DP's mum..
She offered to take her for a few hrs between feeds when she's being fussy so that I can sleep... But I don't kno if I'd get any rest knowing my little girl wasn't here with me... The thought of not having her close by makes me tear up. DPs mum lives a 5 min drive from us but I've never been that far away from charley before! And she's so young to be away from me... DP's mum is excited and wants to have her but I just haven't been able to let her go there without me.
I am getting very tired though so I know I'll have to take her up on it eventually - its just a hard thought.

Anyway ladies it is 3:45 now and I've got a full sleepy bub, I could probably get away with putting her in the cot and going to my bed but I'm just going to sleep here with her a while

Night all

Xxx

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups