The BabyMakers

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby carak21 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Claire-the first few weeks are meant to be hectic. Things will settle and she will start getting on schedule. You just keep being a great mommy. And I would take up MIL on that offer, you need rest too girl!!

Rachel-totally normal to freak out. I know I will do the same. It's hard to imagine yourself with a child when you have been without for so long. We will be great parents though, don't worry! Have you picked out your lil mans name yet?

Hoping- ahhh you may be next!!! Are you excited? My LO definitely hit a growth spurt, my belly button is now flat lol. I'd love to see an updated pic :)

Emily-hope you got all your marking complete! My school year begins on Monday. But I am super excited to have new babies to welcome :)

Bella-nesting rather early lol! I did a TON of cleaning in my classroom these last couple days and when I get home I'm pooped. Hope your doing well and enjoying your time with DH! When do you get another scan? I'd loveto see a pic.

Afm-working like crazy getting my classroom prepared for school on Monday. I have 16 starting and I'm so excited. Yesterday was my open house and I worked a 14 hour day so I am mentally and physically drained. It's 730 and I am beyond ready for bed! Here is a belly pic from today, granted in sitting in the car but you can definitely see that my lil man has hit a growth spurt! Lol this is 22wks3days
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:39 am

cara - wow i'm definately noticing the growth spurt! think you'll have a healthy size lil man out of this :wink:

claire - can't DPs mom just spend a few hours a day at yours if she wants to help? that'd take away your anxiety over the situation and she could also make you snacks etc to take some of the 'early days' pressure off. just a thought...with charley in the same house you'd sleep soundly i'm sure!

hoping - oh my goodness you're close! i never made it past 35 weeks so the last month is un-familiar territory to me! good luck with preparations, hope the ultrasounds etc go smoothly! :wink:

rachel - even though we have a child already i'm still nervous about a new baby in our lives, mainly how DS will take it. yes, i've been through the whole baby thing before BUT not whilst dealing with a toddler at the same time...juggling them both will be a whole new adventure for sure!

:idea: do those of you who are already mothers of two have any ideas on preparing an older child to be a sibling? he'll be turning 3 just after baby's born.

sorry if i missed anyone :oops:

as for myself - went for my bloodtest so hope thats all good. think its pretty routine stuff so i can't imagine there being a problem. not much other news, just waiting waiting to feel baby and time seems to be going so slowly with our impending 20week ultrasound approaching - always the way!! xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:18 am

Just picked Charley up from MIL

I cried when we dropped her off - it was so hard leaving her- but DP n I went to the games arcade and I won her a toy, which I then carried around like it was a baby - I didn't notice til DP pointed it out- lol.
After that we went shopping for essentials, a new DVD to watch and thickshakes then headed home where we cuddled up in bed and watched a movie.

I've just fed her and now she's sound asleep again, fx for a good night- id love to spend a night in my bed.

Cara - love the updated pic!, would b good to get a standing one but even in the sitting one you can see the growth.

Emily - DP's mum spending time here is not an option, and honestly I wouldn't sleep better knowing she was poking round my house. We have, to put it nicely a big difference of opinion when it comes to pets and house keeping.
She is allergic to cats - dp and i have 3 and my sisters 2 still live here also. She won't come here even though the cats are confined and is constantly asking me if I've gotten rid of them yet!
She doesn't understand they are part of the family and are not going anywhere!!
We cop enough from her about hair on our clothes without having her in my home.
It's just easier for Charley to go there, even if it's hard on me.

Anyway hope eoe is well,
I'm going to put my head down now incase little miss wakes up again soon

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby carak21 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 am

Lol Claire I do have standing pics I just like the way that one looks!
Here's one I took this morning

Emily-hope everything comes back great :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:25 am

claire - ahh i see...we had a lot of disagreements with MIL when DS was born come to think of it. generational and cultural. on the other hand my mom was just great in the early days, sadly my parents couldn't stay for long as they were still working at the time BUT luckily for this baby they're retired now and visiting for 3 months starting january. LOVE love love my mommy...so difficult living on different continents. miss her like crazy!

hope you've gotten some rest mama! :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:44 am

Cara: I LOVE the pics!!!! I forgot to post mine last night - will try to remember tonight! Archer def. has grown!!!! Exciting!!!! I am excited to meet this LO but yet can't believe its so close!!!

Claire: Glad you got a little rest - even if you had to drop Charley off for a few hours. Hope you start settling into a schedule soon! You are doing a great job mama!

Aaronsmummy: Thanks. We are excited to see LO again......I think I made it to about 38 1/2 weeks with DS so we'll see what happens this time.

AFM: Nothing to report - just thinking what I have to get done before LO arrives - feels like a lot but I know I'll get it done......going to wash clothes and pack diaper bag and DH is going to install car seat bases soon...so crazy!!! But exciting.....also going to get crib soon & DH will set that up :D
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:29 am

H0ping - it was soo hard to leave her.. It was nice to spend some time relaxing with dp, though now its midnight and Charley is awake and all I want to do is sleep- in kinda wishing id done more sleeping and less activity while she was with MIL Ahh well I know for next time now lol I'm sure you'll get everything done in time, I got sick of waiting for DP to help with the nursery so my sister n I put the nursing chair and cot together lol

Emily - that'll be so nice for you amd LO to have your parents around. My dad lives in the same city but he was never much of a father. He's started trying the past year or so. My mother was an amazing woman and not just my
Mother but my best friend, sadly after a 4 year battle we lost her to cancer about a year n a half ago. She taught me so much though and I'm
Confident she's still helping me and the things she taught me and the times we had together will never leave me

Cara again I love the pix

I'm falling asleep, babe on my chest, 13;30 pm
Time to set up safe sleeping bed and let sleep
Win

Night

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:08 am

claire - enjoy your rest snuggling up with the LO! :D i know exactly what you mean about mom being best friend...a shame that they can't be with us always. nice your father is making an effort, you know what they say 'better late than never'. DH has an estranged father who lives in our country but has never met our son (after a messy divorce with MIL), from experience i know that'll be awkward as DS grows up - i have an estranged grandmother myself. when people ask me how many grandparents i have i say 2 (even though technically its 3).
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby KellieRose » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:43 pm

Cara- Look at that cute baby belly! I freaking love it! I have gotten SO huge lately...

Hoping- I'm better. I had gotten in a HUGE fight with my Mom, she basically went off for no reason and it left me incredibly anxious and upset...to the point of having contractions...she apologized and all is OK but it was just scary...

Emily- almost your 20 weeks u/s!? My, how time flies! I am SO happy you are here with us :)

Claire- Sounds like your enjoying Mommyhood :) Makes me so excited for Hannah to come

Sorry if I missed anyone!

AFM: I had some painful contractions after the fight with my mom for 2 days and started having some other symptoms that led me to think I had a bladder infection. So I ended up going to see my OB and it turns out it was just braxton hicks caused by a combo of my IBS and my severe acid reflux. The doctor presccribed me nexium because it has been SO bad...literally haven't been sleeping and I wake up choking on acid. Been 3 days now and I feel like a new woman! Doing SO much better and luckily the bh contractions has mostly subsided. Oh weight gain is only 6 pounds total so far. So thrilled with that. I've been spending a lot of time trying to organize stuff in the nursery, been washing Hannah's clothes and stuff. Everything is so tiny and cute. Love it. Anyway thats it for me. Here's my 31 week belly pic for those of you who I'm not friends with on FB. My doctor had moved my DD up two days a few months ago but I never changed it on here. According to them, I'm 31 weeks today :)\

Kellie- 27 & Theo- 28
Fur Babies: Dexter & Emmie
1/5/12- :angel:
2/6/12- :bfp:
EDD: October 20, 2012
It's a GIRL! Our little Hannah Jean
http://apizzaintheoven.blogspot.com/
My TWW FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/kellie.rose.39
FB Page for my Etsy Shop! Please like! http://www.facebook.com/HannahBananaBands?ref=ts
Hannah Jean is here! Born October 4, 2012 at 3:33pm weight 7lbs11oz <3
KellieRose
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:10 am

Hey ladies

Just wondering where everyone is ??? It seems really quiet ..
I can hardly wait til we have more babymakers become mummies!
I'm so excited to see everyone's LOs and love the belly pics and ultrasounds and progress updates.

I will take a belly pic in the next few days- might aim for Tuesday - 2 weeks pp

Charley and I are good :) I'm still a bit sore, but I'm adjusting to the new sleep pattern fairly well, and feeling generally great lol I already want to take long walks with Charley, or hit the gym, or the pool... But then I do an hrs housework and I'm sore and ready for sleep so I'll have to ease back into it.

DP and I gave charley her first tub bath last night- she loved it! She's still feeding well and I still Have a ton of milk which leaks everywhere when she's feeding lol

Hope your all well, hope to hear from you all soon

Xxxx Claire bear and Charley cub xxxx

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:29 am

Mel - sorry to hear you are/have left the forums! Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy

hoping - not long to go now!! :D Hope you were able to get a bit more organised

Cara - having another scan at 34wks to see if my placenta has moved up so will post pics then :) LOVING your belly pic! It is such a cute bump!! :D

Emily - hope you start feeling bub move soon. Not long till your u/s :)

Kellie - glad you were able to get some relief from the acid reflux, sounds awful!! I've been getting heaps of BH lately. Especially if I'm stressed and push myself too hard physically. Love your belly pic!!! Perfect and round :)

Claire - glad to hear everything is going well with you & Charley!! :D

AFM - been a hectic couple of days at work so am looking forward to days off now!! I did my GCT on Friday so will get my results in a couple of weeks when I see my OB again. We got a new king sized bed last week and it is absolute heaven!! I have been sleeping so much better since we bought it!! I need to start getting things organised. I haven't even put my forms in at work for maternity leave and I finish in 8wks :oops:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi everyone!!! I'm here. On the road coming back from our mini vacation.

Claire-glad y'all are doing so well. Nice to know your milk has come and is not giving you any slack. Can't wait to see the pp belly :)

Bella-nice to hear from you!!! You procrastinator better get those papers in, 8 weeks isn't very far away!! I cannot believe we are so far already!

Hoping-oh my only 4 more weeks if not less!! So excited to see the
Next BabyMakers baby :). I wanna see a new pic!!

Kellie-your belly is WAY cuter than mine! I absolutely love it. It's soo far out there!!! I can't wait to see what mine will look like at your stage. I hope you had a great weekend.

Afm-wonderful weekend with my men(dh and dss) a lot of walking so I'm glad to going home. School starts back tomorrow YAY!!! Can't waitro meet all my new babies. Oh yeah, we were at a expo for hunting supplies and such and this little girl no more than 3 rounded the corner and started crying, I knew she was lost). So I bent down to talk to her and she really couldn't tell me anything but I brought her to the front so we could find her mommy. I was soo upset that she was lost I was crying :( then finally found her frantic mommy thank god. I cannot imagine losing my child in a crowd it was horrible!!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:46 am

Hi,
Great to hear from everyone. I'm still here too! I took a photo a week ago at 33 weeks but I can't remember how to upload it from photobucket (I haven't put a photo up for ages...) I'll have to see if I can work it out...

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. It's scary how close to the end some of us are!!

I have an appointment to see an obstetrician this week. I went to an antenatal class today and it confirmed for me that I have major anxiety about labour. Even though I'm a doctor I'm dreadful when it comes to stuff to do with me - I used to faint when having blood taken! I think I'm going to ask about having a c-section. I feel really sick whenever anyone talks about labour.... feel free to tell me your stories if you think it will help. Just so much to think about right now. Last week at work and I can't wait to finish. My back really hurts sometimes and I'm tired :!: Had a nice day off today and took a nap - it was great.

That sounds horrible about finding that little lost girl Cara - I'm glad her mum turned up in the end!

Hope Charley and Claire are still doing well.

Bella - hope you get your maternity leave forms in soon!!

Kellie - love the belly pic and I'm glad you're feeling better. What are Braxton Hicks like for you? I'm still not sure whether I've noticed any...

Everyone else - I'm reading your posts - sorry for not replying with personals for everyone.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Sorry pic is so huge - don't know how to re-size!!!!!!

Rachel: Nice to hear from you - you and I are next in line to have our little ones. I am due Sept. 19th. Labor can be scary but everyone is different and each time is different. I was nervous my first time also and ended up going so quick that i really didn't have time to process everything which was actually good! I am nervous for this one too but I also know at the end when you hold that LO it is all worth it - no matter how you get there everything just falls away.....and that is the moment I did not understand until I had my first and now this time that will be what gets me through. I would talk to your doctor about your options and choose what is best for you and what you are comfortable with. Your labor is yours and its your time for you and your baby - you have to do what you know will be right and everything will be fine!!!!

Cara: I just love your pics!!!! I can not believe how much Archer is growing!!! So exciting. The pic above is me yesterday (about 35 1/2 weeks) sometimes my bump sticks out a little more but people still comment all the time how I "hardly look pregnant" Sounds like you had a nice weekend with the boys!!! So sad about the little girl - glad you were able to find her mama!!! I can not believe I have less than 5 weeks to go........it just doesn't seem real!!! Organized clothes and things this weekend - still have construction going on at my house so I don't have LO room set up yet 8O and its driving me crazy!!!! But it will all work out I just have to keep reminding myself of that. How was the first day of school????

Bella: Sounds like you'll be sleeping a lot better!! That is good - you need all the sleep you can get!!!! And you better get going on those forms!!!! I am looking at my calender at work and just can't believe I am due in less than a month!!! I plan on working as long as I can though - as I work for a small (small) company and it is not stressful or anything. But still I keep thinking in a month I probably wont be working 8O crazy!!!

Claire: How are you? How is sweet Charley?? Are you sleeping a little more / better??? It does seems quiet here........everyone is busy I guess but I miss the chatter! Not that I can say anything since I have not been posting much either though!

Kellie: Glad to hear things are better......that is scary to have contractions like that - I had a friend that got into an argument with her DH and she ended up in labor 4 or 5 weeks early - her water broke soon after the argument - so thats why we all have to remember to keep our stress down!!!! I LOVE the pic by the way!!!!

If I missed someone sorry!!!

AFM: Had to post my belly pic since Cara & Kellie did. Still feeling pretty good - nervous about LO arrival yet excited - just want to get our house finished so I can finally set up bedrooms and such but yet trying not to stress about it lol!!! My boys (DH & my dad) are working hard to get things done and are doing a great job! It's just nerve racking for me not to be able to set up LO stuff!!!! But I keep telling myself if all else fails I will have lots of time after LO is born to sort and organize! See the dr. on Thursday this week and get another u/s due to limited growth so hoping that goes well. I just keep in mind DS was small too and things worked out fine - but again it's hard not to worry a little!!!!

Hope everyone is well :D
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Cara - glad to hear you had a nice weekend with your men :D I can't believe we've come this far too. I still remember us peeing on sticks :lol:

Rachel - its natural to be anxious about labour. Especially when you haven't done it before. I mean, I'm having my 4th and labour still scares me. Personally I wouldn't ask for a c-section. Yes labour is going to hurt like hell and its going be hard (hence why its called labour) but it is so worth it!! :) A c-section might seem like a 'quick fix' but the recovery time is so much longer. I have complete faith that you can get through it!

hoping - how cute is that belly!! :D You're almost to the end now! Good luck at your next appt and u/s :)

AFM - feeling tired today. DS3 didn't have a good night. He was kicking me in his sleep and Charlotte was kicking as well so I was being kicked on the inside and outside. I should have had a nap today but instead did the housework so it didn't get away from me. I'm supposed to meet up with friends tomorrow but don't know if I can be bothered. I just don't have the energy to move right now. Hopefully after an early night I will feel better.
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups