The BabyMakers

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Clairebear » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:57 pm

It certainly is crazy how far we've all come!
I remember when I first found the babymakers group- it was about a year ago now!! How insane!

I'm so glad to have found this group, I feel so connected to all the ladies here and my journey would not have been the same without you all!! :grouphug:
It's so exciting to have my Charley girl and I can't wait to see my world wide friends get to hold their baby's too!!! Love you all ladies!!!

Charley and I are great :) she is 2 weeks today! I cant believe it!

she has sore armpits at the moment, apparently we were in such a hurry to dress her after her bath we left her armpits damp :?
Poor baby :( they are getting better really fast though, we are just cleaning, drying and powdering them daily. She's so good about it though :)

She seems to be getting into a little bit more of a pattern with her feeds and naps ... But now I've said it shell change again no doubt lol
For curiousity sake I collected my leaking milk during a feed and i leak about 20ml each feed lol. Im not storing yet - i need to get storage bottles but I will do that in the next week or two. I am starting to get her cloth nappies sorted and washed the next week as well. Disposables look so uncomfortable! She's been in disposables so far but DP and I agreed that they were only for the first few weeks and then for when we go out - not for everyday at home wear.
Anyway enOugh about us.

Bella- hope you get your rest! I'm guilty of cleaning when I should be sleeping too... Feels great while your getting things done, but it sucks when you crash later and know you missed that chance to rest.

Cara - glad you had a good weekend :) and super glad you found the little girls mother! The thought of losing a child in a crowd brings a tear to my eye- bet her mum was super relieved that someone as lovely as yourself found her and reunited them. How's the new school year treating you?

Rachel - you sound like me! I was so anxious about labour. I have a history of passing out and or bursting into tears when having needles or blood tests, I also have a history of passing out with any type of weight or fluid loss, or stress on my body- so as you can imagine, I was sure I wasn't going to make it through labour consciously.
The strongest contractions did hurt like nothing I've ever experienced but the actual delivery/pushing hurt but brought a feeling of relief, and in the end I delivered my beautiful girl with almost no pain relief. If your still worried just be sure to ask about pain relief as soon as you feel you need something and focus on the end result. After that last push it's such a feeling of relief and the pain disappears. It's not pleasant - there's no point tryin to say it is, but it's so rewarding in the end. You can do it! It's normal to be terrified, but it's an experience worth having. I promise.

Hoping - what an adorable belly! I can hardly believe your so close now :) yay I can hardly wait to see the pics of that LO hiding in there! I'm sure you'll get things organized in time, and if not, you'll get round to it eventually. Don't stress.

Here's my 2 w pp pic
I'm all stretch marks and loose skin lol

I'll post Charley's 2 week pic later on :)

Now I'm being told it is feeding time gotta go

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:48 am

hey ladies!!

here's a belly pic for you...spot the difference?!
i'll post another one in 5 weeks so we get a nice comparison as i start to 'pop'!!

claire - so glad you and charley are doing great :D can't wait to see another charley pic

hoping - i'd had my emergency c-section by the point you're at now! scary to think...you truly are nearly there :wink:

cara - glad you had a great vacation :wink: love spending time with my boys too!

kellie - supercute pic, can't wait to see latest maternity shoot pics!!

rachel - i'm not anxious for labour, even though this will be my first natural birth (fingers crossed). BUT thats because i have other worries of another preterm-labour emergency. as long as there are no complications this time i'll be happy!

bella - hope you filled in your maternity forms now and that you've gotten some rest :D

hope i didn't miss anyone :oops:

as for me - i'm still here, just not a lot going on pregnancy-wise. its treating me pretty well so far! i'm hungry, but not specific cravings just enjoying my food at the moment, and getting plenty of rest now i packed in the teaching...plus university results coming through are good, my first assignment i got 87% so i'm glad i can focus on studies more now! 3 weeks and counting til my gender scan...

xxx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi ladies!!!

Bella-Hope you've rested up. Sorry the babes were hard on you the other night but hopefully your making up for it tonight ;). Funny I remember your first peestick, I was trying to get you to pee it was like 11am my time and I wanted you to wake up on your end of the world lol.

Hoping-I'm so jealous of your belly. I wish mine would stay little, I'm terrified of getting huge!! Oh your so close, I absolutely cannot wait to see the baby :)

Claire-so how is breast feeding going? Is it great? Was it really hard at first? I want to bf so bad but around here it's not the norm and no one thinks I'll be able to do it :( its sad but I want to so bad that I am super determined. You belly looks great girl!! You've lost fast! Won't be long and you'll be back to prepregnancy!!

Emily-haha you are still itty bitty. I thought for sure I'd be just like you and not get a bump but clearly that didn't happen :) nownim jealous of your mini bump! Can't wait to see you pop :) have you felt the baby yet? He's just in there hiding right now :)

Afm-so happy school has begun. I've got a great class as I am super excited about this year. I have so much planned I just can't wait :) I feel Archer move all the time! It's not weird anymore and I love it. He's funny he won't kick anyone but me and daddy. I any believe I'm already in my sixth month! Won't be long and December will be here. I finally found the bedding set I wanted its so cute. I'll send a picture when I finally get a nursery built and it all set up as pretty! I hope everyone is having a great week!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:25 pm

They're a bit dark but I wasn't going to disturb her to get better light.

Emily - good to hear all is well with you and your LO, i had times in my second tri where i felt so good i Forgot i was pregnant, even though i was huge lol. Can't wait for your gender scan :)

Cara - that's so sad that bfing is not the norm there :( seriously? All those babes missing out on mommys goodness makes me so sad.
Charley is a great little bf'er - our hospitals give mum and bub 1hr skin to skin bf time immediately after the birth and right from that moment Charley's been a great feeder. the first few days it was a bit uncomfortable and she did give me some grazing on one nipple but I got some pure lanolin ointment for it and I used that after each feed for a few days and it healed up fast. If she's really hungry sometimes she won't attach well and that is uncomfortable but I just slip my little finger into the side of her mouth to detach her and reposition her. If you've got any questions or have any trouble bfing let me know! It would be my honor to be your bfing consultant so that little archer gets the best possible start!! It's great bonding time too, you will love it.
Cloth nappies are not the norm here, I've had similar comments about my intention to cloth my babe, but I'm a determined mumma too lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:37 am

Claire - wow I can't believe Charley is 2wks old already! Its crazy how fast it flies! Hope her armpits are better soon! Glad to hear she's getting into more of a routine with her feeding and napping. By leaking milk, do you mean you feed with both boobs out? I've stocked up on my storage bottles cos I produce heaps of milk so plan on freezing it for the odd occasion I want a break so DH can feed her my milk in a bottle. What you said is so true!! It feels great to get the house cleaned but afterwards you wish you'd napped instead. Your tummy looks like its bouncing back nicely :) Aww what cute pics of Charley!! I love her lil jumpsuit :D

Emily - what a cute little bump :) Glad to hear the pregnancy is treating you well! Congrats on your assignment mark!!! And yay for your u/s in 3wks!!

Cara - :lol: it was the first pee stick I'd ever posted. Nice to see your excited about your class! Its great you're feeling Archer all the time! I'm feeling Charlotte a lot too but her movements are getting painful and I find myself jumping at time when she kicks :lol: And occasionally she'll worm her way up under my ribs and crap its uncomfortable!! Can't wait to see a nursery pic. Great to hear you're wanting to BF even though its not the norm over there. Good on you darl :D If they have any BF classes it might be helpful to go to them before Archer arrives to get some pointers. Is there a reason why people don't think you'll be able to do it? Being a neonatal nurse I have to teach new mums to BF all the time so will be more than happy to help if you need it. But just remember to not be too hard on yourself. It breaks my heart watching mums get frustrated cos they can't pick it up straight away while other mums make it seem easy. Determination and perseverance is the first step :D

AFM - I'm so slack and really need to book my next OB appt :oops: DH is coming home tomorrow, but only for 2 nights :( I did end up meeting up with my friends and I'm glad I did. It was nice to get out of the house and chat and DS3 had a ball with the other kids. A couple of them made scones for morning tea and its just ramped up my scone craving :P Everytime I'm pregnant I crave scones :lol: I had a dream last night that our little Charlotte came 5wks early BUT she was a he 8O I'll be getting them to check again at 34wks to make sure it is a she!!!!!!!
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:13 am

When we are home and don't have company I just feed topless so we get good skin to skin and my tops don't get covered in milk lol yea it's the boob she's not eating from that I'm collecting leakings from, and we swap boobs half way thru each feed. I never realized my boobs can hear lol but when Charley cries they start dripping lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:52 pm

claire - love the charley pics - she's looking really healthy!! glad the BFing is going great, i LOVED BFing too...sadly they wouldn't let me in the beginning as they were feeding him through a tube the 1st week, but even after nearly 2 weeks in the incubator he took to the boob like a charm. nice when things work out, hope i'm as lucky this time round (my best friend is struggling even though her 1st 2 babies fed fine on the boob with her 3rd now - makes me want another Aaron lol)

cara - good question! yes i'm feeling baba but its nothing like i remember with DS...you know what they say, every pregnancy is different! just get random little pokes and prods but they're so subtle, and not every evening at the moment only here and there. not feeling the rotation yet like i did with DS either. perhaps he was a more active baby? or my placenta is placed differently this time? who knows!! all i know is this baba is fairly quiet at the moment on the movement front from what i remember with my last experience!

bella - mmm scones, i got a kiddies baking book and scones are one of the recipies i'd like to try out with DS. one problem with living in this country...no clotted cream or double cream!! i have to make do with single cream and its honestly like thick milk, not like the single cream i remember having in uk.

as for me - had a great day! painting and baking with DS. now thats the life! :D feeling free from stress now the job is over and plodding along now at my own pace but under control with my studies in the evenings. life's good :D
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi all!!!

Bella: Thank you :D I do love my little belly :D

Claire: Your 2 week pp pic looks great!!! And I love the Charley pics!! She looks great!! Glad BF is working so well for you - I had a really hard time BF with my DS and ended up putting him 100% formula before he was a month :( but it was best for him. I can not believe how close I am either.....we have been chatting for a long time now!!!!

Aarons: Hi!!! I know its exciting yet scary to be now 36 weeks!!!! Yikes!!!! Keep thinking I could go into labor anytime - but would be nice to have another few weeks as much as I wanna meet this LO!!!! Glad to hear you had such a nice day with DS - it is nice to be able to relax and do things at your own pace!!! And very exciting that you are feeling LO!!! Soon it will be regular and he/she will be rolling around in there!!!

Cara: Thank you again, I love my belly :D but yours is beautiful!!! And Archer has much more room to move than my LO! Less than a month to go - crazy I just don't believe it!!!

AFM: Just wanted to pop in and say hi - dr. appt and u/s tomorrow afternoon so I will update on Friday - I just didn't want to get too far behind!!!! Have to go but will post results Friday!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Making a new thread ladies....find us over there :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups