The BabyMakers

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby W8ting4baby » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi everyone sorry this is my first post. Been super busy and super tired. Yesterday i hit my 12 week mark and today we had an appointment to hear the heartbeat the doc had a slight problem although he heard it for a second he allowed us an ultrasound! What a beautiful sight to see our little one doing flips....I can't believe they can do that already! We got to witness it 3 times...wow is all i can say and now it totally feels real i have a little person growning in me!!!! FREAKING CRAZY LOL

I need to come back from personals but wanted to say congrats on the girl Bella this is very exciting news!!!!!! :) Best wishes to you all
W8ting4baby
Friend

Postby carak21 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Ahh waiting nice to hear everything is progressing so well for you!!!

Emily- I don't know of the gender theory would work for a boy as easily as a girl ya know because both boy and girl sperm are produced at the time so it's a hit or miss but with trying for a girl and you have sex 2-3 before O and that's it I can see it because the male sperm die... Anyway that possibly means you have a little girl growing in there because you only bd the one time close to O right? Anyway well see what happens in a few months.

I'm whooped got me some nonfish sushi and about to eat them bed, it's only 545 8O
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:09 am

lol cara - i love avo, cucumber and carrot sushi!! (i'm vegetarian!!) mmm...

ye maybe we have a girl?! just i can't imagine having one considering i have a boy - you're automatically trained to look at boy stuff in clothes stores and boys toys in toyshops! i'd be v.happy to be mom of 2 boys but i know DH wants a girl, it'd be strange 4 me to adjust to girlie things!!

as for uni - just found out i got another distinction this morning so that's 2 so far!! can't wait for the other results now, am so happy! :D also i start work monday 8O got a shock job offer to teach english @ high school and they need me to start immediately! the teacher is in recovery from a heart operation til september so i'll be standing in til then. will be nice having the extra cash and the timing is good since it's uni holidays for a while still. september may be tough when i start studies again but i usually studied in the evenings anyway so things shouldn't change that much!! wish me luck :D
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby KellieRose » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:47 am

Bella- CONGRATS on your little girl! I too am so excited for a little girl. So exciting!

Emily- The job sounds good for awhile!!!! Being occupied and making money at the same time will make things go faster even :)

Cara- When are you going to be finding out the gender?

W8ting- Glad you got to see your LO!

Claire- Glad everything looks good! You'll be the first of us to have your baby! So exctiing!

AFM: Things are pretty good...just exhausted a lot. I am having some serious problems with my feet. I have plantars fascitis and its much worse since I got pregnant. AT times I can barely even walk, the pain is that excrituating. I've been getting lots of massages and they help but still not enough. My feet are so swollen...ughh...not fun. In fun stuff, I am just loving feeling my baby girl all day long. Her kicks have gotten HARD and I LOVE it!
Kellie- 27 & Theo- 28
Fur Babies: Dexter & Emmie
1/5/12- :angel:
2/6/12- :bfp:
EDD: October 20, 2012
It's a GIRL! Our little Hannah Jean
http://apizzaintheoven.blogspot.com/
My TWW FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/kellie.rose.39
FB Page for my Etsy Shop! Please like! http://www.facebook.com/HannahBananaBands?ref=ts
Hannah Jean is here! Born October 4, 2012 at 3:33pm weight 7lbs11oz <3
KellieRose
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:36 am

W8ting - so good to hear from you!! So Glad all is well with your bubba :) :) it's amazing to see them on u/s isn't it :D I hope you get some second trimester energy - I didn't but I hear that people do lol.

Cara- hope you got some rest. Hope your new work schedule works well for you. I would love an extra day off, but longer days would kill me. I was debating wether to try and negotiate half days with my work but it's been quieter at work recently, and I've only got 3 weeks of work to go now so I'll just stick it out. did you pm our missing babymakers? I miss and worry about them!

Emily - as I said to cara works been quieter lately. And I'm on reception duties - have been since about 18weeks I think- I am a vet nurse for a very budy clinic, and used to spend all day every day on my feet, running around, lifting heavy things& animals, playing with anaesthetics and other drugs, etc so full time reception is definitely taking it easy for me.
Are you finding out if your team pink or blue ? I'm so excited to hear about everyone's progress :) my lo will be here soon :D it's all routine check ups and no ultrasounds since 20weeks here I'm missing count downs to ultrasounds which is silly really cos now im in the countdown to meeting my bub for real!

Kellie- its exciting to be due first in the group :) Im trying to keep track of where eoe is upto but it's so tricky, but exciting i think our group here ranges from 8w - 34w. Mummy's to be at all stages- its a great mix :) hopefully everyone sticks around til we all have our lo's in our arms, how exciting!! I'm tired a lot lately but I'm doing my best to keep in touch. Glad your enjoying feeling bub move- its amazing and so reassuring isn't it :D I'll miss that feeling so much when shes born

Afm I'm so tired lately but I'm still working, DP has just retrained for his old job, he doesn't like the work but it pays well and he can start up again very soon - which is what we need at the moment. Once I'm working again he can look for something he likes. My sister n I went to the local second hand baby markets this morning and bought lots of stuff. We were shopping for 3 hrs! I came home, had a snack and fell asleep. I'm still in bed now lol. ( I've been in bed since about 2 pm - slept from 3-5:30 and just lay here for an hr since I woke up, writing to you lovely ladies) waiting for DP to come home, we are supposed to be going out for dinner and then to a housewarming party. I'm keen for dinner but it'll be back to bed after that for me, DP can go to the housewarming alone. Anyway I'm going to call it quits on this post now and see what DP is upto, I want steak lol. Night ladies, have a good weekend where ever you are

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:52 am

cara - you feeling baba yet?! it should be sooooon!! you have nothing on you so i'm guessing it'll be any day now! :D

kellie - wow just realised how far along you are...in the last half of the journey! seems like yesterday in 'fab dreams' when you told us! did you know kristie from that group is pregnant with twins?! i found her as i spotted her username on the multiples board one day - wondered if i should PM her to congratulate or if she'd think i'm a stalker lol!

claire - yes we plan on finding out! things are different here in namibia though, we go to the private hospital so you don't 'book' for ultrasounds. for example when i see the doctor for my first appointment (i'll book next week for 10 weeks) he just takes me through to the ultrasound machine and does one himself there and then - doctors here do everything, he's an ultrasound tech, doctor, and can perform minor surgeries like C-sections. i'm grateful we can afford to go private because they're really skilled and are with you all the way - DrCurrie went in every morning to the hospital and visited Aaron (my son) while he was in the paediatric ward even though it wasn't part of his job...nice to see friendly faces in the hospital! they really care about you too, he said to the nurses when i came in with contractions and he saw babies heart in distress to forget the paperwork and take me to surgery NOW! couldn't be more pleased to go through this with him again, we really trust him

can't wait to see first pics of you and bub! agree with you we have a great mix of a group going on here

waiting - so you're just starting 2nd tri! exciting stuff...

bella - got anything pink yet?!

shan, mel - any news?!

as for me - well as i mentioned its getting closer to my 1st appointment, i'd like it on the 2nd july but any day that week will be fine (as i now work i'll need it to be an afternoon appointment and DH wants to be there so it may depend on his work schedule) BUT so excited :D kellie is right i'm sure the time will fly now i've taken on a job! thankfully its short term which is perfect for my studies and pregnancy!!

xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby KellieRose » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:49 am

Em- Yeah! Her and Kay are both in November! Pretty cool :) I congratulated her awhile ago so I don't think it would be weird for you to at all!

Claire- Yes, this group is a great mix! Which is nice because when those who are further along can help out those who are just starting!

AFM:

Last night and this morning have been AWESOME for movement. She mostly kicks ABOVE my belly button now which is pretty cool. She makes my whole tummy shake and move. It it just the coolest thing. I am so so in love already!
Kellie- 27 & Theo- 28
FB Page for my Etsy Shop! Please like! http://www.facebook.com/HannahBananaBands?ref=ts
KellieRose
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Oh kellie I'm so jealous of all the kicks your experiencing! I cannot wait for that! Hope you get some relief from your foot problems :( quick question, I cannot find anywhere close to where I live that do prenatal massages but they say they are safe during pregnancy, do you think there is a difference? My back is beginning to kill me. I should find out what he/she is on July 11th. I would love to do an elective scan like you did but they are ridiculously expensive here! The cheapest being 125 and I don't think finding out two weeks earlier is worth the extra money I can spend on the baby.

Emily- once again yay for work. I love working as a teacher and it makes time fly so much faster. I'm sure you will enjoy the change for a bit. No i don't feel the baby yet, my doctor said between 16-20 weeks for first time moms but I'm hoping I'll be the 16 weeks because I'm so skinny. :)

Claire-hi honey!! Not much longer as well see that beautiful baby :) hope you had a nice dinner and got tons of rest. I don't know how I will like the extra hours either but I think having a day off will be worth it. Well see :) have you got everything ready for Charley's arrival?

Afm-heading to the lake today it's kind of nasty weather but I don't care I love the water and the outside :) I'm so anxious for my next appointment it's driving me nuts. Yesterday my boss as I went shopping for her daughters wedding and we found the cutest zebra print bloomers with matching bow and we just had to buy it. I have boy stuff and girl stuff do well see. I also am anxious to start feeling kicks, my belly seems to be smaller this week and it bugs me and I'm too scared to use my Doppler too often so I only use it every monday. I definitely have the second tri energy Claire was talking about. I've been feeling great this whole week, not that I felt bad before but I feel more like myself. I'm not as tired until about 10 and I have even been hanging out with friends late at night. Lol my birthday is Friday so I have a few things planned next week :). Have a good day ladies.

Claire-
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KellieRose » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Cara do you have any massage envy places by you? they are a chain of massage spas...and thats where i get my prenatal massages and they are heavenly
Kellie- 27 & Theo- 28
KellieRose
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:43 am

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA. Had a lot going on at home. My dog is still in and out of hospital and she has a rare condition that even the local neurologists don't know how best to treat. So all my time is being taken up trying to research where to get her the best treatment. Even though we're in Scotland I'm planning on contacting a vet in the US to see if he can treat her long distance. All very stressful and as a result I've had little to no time to think about my pregnancy.

Just had to pop in to say congrats to Bella on the girl - that's such great news! I was kind of surprised when I read you were having a girl given your boys, but very happy for you!

Waiting, Cara and Claire - I'm glad things are going well for you all. I can't believe how close you are to going off on mat leave, Claire! Yay for good scans Waiting and Cara - try not to worry too much about things, I think they're going to be fine for both of you.

AFM I'm keeping ok. Just stressed and not sleeping well because of things going on here. Everything with the baby is ok though - had a scan earlier this week and everything is measuring exactly on date.

Sorry I've not had a chance to get to know you other ladies yet. I hope I can pop back in the next few weeks and check in.

Bye for just now x
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:39 am

cara - you're right, i've got aarons scrapbook out and this is what i wrote:

"at 16 weeks we felt baby's first movements shifting position in my tummy!"

(i say 'we' because the first time i felt it i put DH's hand on my stomache where baby was and he could feel it too...we were lying in bed and it was like a tiny lump under my skin rotating, sometimes poking out a little then going back down - NOT a fluttering like some people describe)

"at 18 weeks baby is moving round a lot! we can feel distinct kicks now and my baby bump is just beginning to show"

here's my bump pic with him @19weeks

so maybe now i'm a second time mom i'll feel it earlier as i know what to look out for (or feel out for! lol) can't wait to hear from you when it happens!! an amazing moment xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:57 am

Kellie-I just looked it up and I do have one close by. I will definitely be checking it out, my back has been killing me!

Rachel-sorry with all the things going on with your pup. I hope you can get some answers soon, I'm sure it very stressful. I'm very happy the baby is doing good though. Update us on where you are in your pregnancy please.

Emily- yay for 16 weeks. I hope I feel s/he soon! I am constantly putrid a little pressure on my stomach hopin to feel something but I just don't :( but my belly is definitely bigger than yours and I'm 15 weeks lol I'll post a new pic tomorrow.

I had my first baby dream last night. You would think I'd been having them regularly but I haven't had a single one until last night. I was at my doctors office and begged them for an u/s because I didn't want to wait 2 weeks for the scan and wanted to know what it was. Well the doctor was doing the scam and i said yep it's a girl tere nothing there and he zoomed in and said what you can't see that, that's a boy! Lol and I had a picture of his little penis to show everyone :). Well see three more weeks I'm counting down.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:13 pm

cara - that was my last bump! perhaps i'll have a bigger one 2nd time round?! 9 weeks tomorrow :D i've had vivid dreams, just no baby dreams for me either...your dream sounds exactly like my reality last time, we got a sweet winky pic and there was no doubt of aarons manhood!
don't know if i need to explain but this is looking up at his legs spread! 20weeks
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Lol Emily I knew that was your pregnancy with Aaron. I was actually excited about you saying you felt movement at 16 weeks. One more week I think I can handle it! Only 17 more days til my gender scan :) and then I'll get to see a scan like yours!! I think
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:19 am

Hey all :) tired as usual - about to go out with DP to buy some stuff for dinner - just thought I'd pop in quickly to keep in touch- ill try and post more and a new pic soon. My bump dropped down lower late last week, my boobs were sitting on my belly but they each have their own space on my torso again now, and my colleagues have noticed my new shape too. Charley has been very active the last two days, I've lost a tiny bit of weight and have had strange bm habits.. I'm really starting to think that she's coming any day now! I'm supposed to have 3 weeks left at work bit I think I'll be doing well to get thru this one without a trip to L&D.
Of course now that I've said it charley will stick it out another month lol
Gtg now I'll be back later

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups