Calling all Preg/Mommas 30+

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Calling all Preg/Mommas 30+

Postby Answered_Prayers » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Hello ladies,

My name is Jen and I am 35 years old. I have been working full time at my job for 12 years. I have a DD 4 years old, almost 5. I am expecting my second child in January. EDD January 2nd. It is hard working and pregnant, as I am sure you ladies know how it feels. Not because I am so exhausted, because I am not really...only after lunch. :wink: I catch myself daydreaming about delivering my baby and being at home with my baby.
Last edited by Answered_Prayers on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Married for 9 years to my DH
DD-5 yrs.
DD2- Newborn born 12/24/12

1 Samuel 1:27
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.

Answered_Prayers
Star Member
Star Member

Postby thirdtimesacharm » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi Jen! I am 38 years old and pregnant with baby #4. I have a 20 year old, a 16 year old and a 2 year old!

I too work full time. I AM exhausted! I don't know if it's the heat (it's 102 here today with a heat index of like 110) or the toddler at home, or my age or a combination of all of the above!

I see posts from other moms who get to stay home and I'm jealous. I wish I could spend more time at home but I'm the primary bread winner of my household so that isn't going to happen.

thirdtimesacharm
Angel
Angel

Postby Answered_Prayers » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:30 am

Welcome Thirdtime! Congrats on expecting your 4th, what a blessing.

I hear ya, I am exhausted. I just don't feel like being at work. Normally, I don't mind, but I just find myself daydreaming a lot. Although, I have my own office, very hard to sleep in the office chair. Not comfortable at all. LOL

I am suppose to be taking a test so I can work at home full-time. I haven't started studying yet. The test is in August. Once I take the test and pass I can work at home full-time.

How many weeks are you thirdtime?
DD-5 yrs.

Answered_Prayers
Star Member
Star Member

Postby thirdtimesacharm » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Oh thank goodness it's Friday!! I hear you about falling asleep at work! The last two nights I was completely worthless by the time I got home.

Oh I'm so happy for you that you will be able to stay home in the near future! I got to stay home for a few years while my oldest daughter was little and we had so much fun!

I'm 15 weeks. Feels like it's flying by faster than it did with the others! I can't believe I'm already in the 2nd trimester. December seems so far away but I know it will be here before you know it! Right now I'm looking forward to feeling movement. That's always my favortite part of being pregnant!

Now we cannot be the only 30+ working moms on these boards. We will have to recruit some more friends! Ha!

thirdtimesacharm
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Hey I thought I would just pop in to say hi!
I am 32 and expecting our 2nd. Not to brag but I just finished work for the year today. I am so excited. I teach kindergarten so the last couple of weeks have been terrible I get home and I am in pain from caring for the kids and then I have my toddler at home. The bathtub is my daily daydream. lol Now that it is summer I am so excited and have so much planned before baby makes his appearance. I am going to catch up on DS baby scrapbook and then start this one and then crochet this one a couple blankets and Can you tell I am so excited to be off work! lol
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Kryssy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 pm

Third time I agree this one is going by much quicker than the last. I can't believe tha tI am already at 30+ weeks!!!

Answered Prayers It would be amazing to work from home. I thought about opening a dayhome but teaching has good perks like summers off and christmas and easter and in Canada the pay isn't that bad, it's not great but with DH working it is good so I can't justify makign the switch. Plus I really think havig DS in his Dayhome has been an amazing thing for him! He is such a social guy and he gets to play without me around watching his every move. I feel he has gained so much from it and I am glad we put him there.
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Answered_Prayers » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Kryssy- Hello and Welcome. That is great that you have the rest of the year off. You don't have much longer until you will get to hold your new LO.

Thirdtime- I have been feeling movement since 10 weeks. I feel flutters throughout the day.

Hope you both have a great weekend.
DD-5 yrs.

Answered_Prayers
Star Member
Star Member

Postby thirdtimesacharm » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:19 am

Kryssy - I'm so glad you joined us!!! How close will your boys be in age? So exciting!! Two little boys will be so much fun!! 30 weeks seems like an eternity away!

I know when I look back on this it will seem like it flew by way to fast. I'm honestly not anxious. I want to enjoy it and well honestly I need all the time I can get to be prepared! Ha. I'm seriously debating on not giving the baby it's own room right away. I'm team green so I won't know how to decorate and I don't really want a gender neutral room. So I guess that's a load off.

Answered_Prayers - EVERYONE is feeling their little one move but me! You would think since this is my fourth baby that I would be feeling early movement. Nope. Nothing. Just in the last few days I've felt something and I'll stop and think hmmm could that be?? But then nothing else. Soon I hope!

Ok, one more question for you guys. Have you heard of Hypnobirthing? I've been reading into it a little and actually considering taking a class (which is soooo not like me) but it sounds like it's really just a great relaxation tool. Know anything about it??

Hope you both are doing great!!

thirdtimesacharm
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:40 am

Thirdtimes they will be 20 months apart. I am very excited. I have heard of it but that just means I haven't seen more than the name mentioned a few places. If you do it you will have to tell us about it. Honestly it took all my effort just to get DH to go with me to basic prenatal class last time. Lol
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Answered_Prayers » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:55 pm

thirdtime-I have heard of the word, but I don't know anything about it.

Kryssy- I won't be taking any prenatal classes either.

Do you ladies have any morning sickness? I have morning sickness, not every morning, once or twice a week.
DD-5 yrs.

Answered_Prayers
Star Member
Star Member

Postby thirdtimesacharm » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:57 am

I did have morning sickness but it's gone now. I still have a few weird things like the smell of perfume still makes me feel sick and for some reason I cannot drink coffee, not even decaf. It makes me feel sick as well. Other than that I feel pretty good. You are right at that point to start feeling better! Hang in there.

thirdtimesacharm
Angel
Angel

Postby jleroux30 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi ladies,
I'll join in. I'm 35 and expecting my first. I'm so very excited- but also a nervous wreck about every symptom or lack there of. I spent the first 3 weeks after my bfp spotting, so now I just worry about everything!

I'm finding that I have all the classic symptoms of pregnancy throughout the day except for constipation. Instead, my LO wakes me up before my alarm each day with the urge to go. Its been kind of nice to start off my day with a bm...but I'd much prefer to sleep to my alarm at least. My morning sickness is an all day affair, at its worst from 7am-9am, 11am-12pm, and then from 4pm til bed. I'm at 9 weeks now so I'm hoping it will go away soon!

I work full time, but I'm a nanny so I don't work in an office. Plus, my little charge takes a great nap every afternoon so I am able to nap a bit, if the mood strikes. (today I missed my chance and then practically fell asleep once little G was awake again). One thing that is good is that I work 4 ten hour shifts, so I get Friday, Saturday and Sunday off every week. Its a great schedule!

Kryssy: I was a special ed teacher for kids with autism for 10 years- I loved my teacher's schedule! Here in my neighborhood there is one gal who runs a day care in her home but she only takes care of teachers' children b/c she loves the schedule so much!

thirdtimesacharm: I'm also interested in hypnobirthing. My good friend used it with her first and had great success. She had a really short labor and delivery, but I'm not sure if it was luck, her physical conditioning, or the hypnobirthing. I'm going to read at least one book on it before I sign up for the class at my delivery hospital. I've still got time!
Me: Jaimee 38, DH 41,

jleroux30
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jjgirl » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi all!! My name is Jenn and I am 37 expecting our first! This is all very exciting. I am at 24 weeks and it seems time has just been flying. Overall i feel pretty good but being in the midst of a heat wave sucks! I am working full time also, until the end of september and i can hardly wait til that time comes. I cant focus much at work and i just dont feel any desire to be there.

Nice to meet you all!!
me (Jenn): 39
DH: 37
DS: 10/28/12
DD3/9/14
jjgirl
Angel
Angel

Postby Answered_Prayers » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:19 pm

jleroux30 and JJgirl- Welcome, and Congrats on expecting your first baby. :D

I am sorry you are having horrible morning sickness. Hopefully, it will go away soon. You are almost out of the first trimester, Yeah.

JJ girl- Wow, 24 weeks. You don't have much longer. Do you know if you are having a girl or boy? I understand about the heatwave, it has been horrible this summer. We aren't even in August yet. Yikes. As far as not being able to focus on work, me either. I don't care to do work. I just think about holding my baby, and having my DD bond with baby.

Kryssy- how are you feeling? You are in the home stretch. Have you made your birthplan yet?

Thirdtime- how are you doing? How was your 4th of July?
DD-5 yrs.

Answered_Prayers
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jjgirl » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:08 am

Thanks Answered! We are expecting a boy and have decided to name him Alexander! I can hardly wait for it to cool down just a bit, i already do enough hibernating in winter, sucks to hibernate in the summer too!! I am really looking foward to maternity leave...2.5 more months!! woot!!

How is everyone else holding up?
me (Jenn): 39
DH: 37
DS: 10/28/12
DD3/9/14
jjgirl
Angel
Angel

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups