Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 am

Hi ladies!
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:12 am

caqtcake143 wrote:Happy Belated Birthday Sarah!!!!!! That cake looks AMAZE! Did you have a great birthday?

Actually, its today LOL! We just had the party yesterday. I feel old now... Welcome to the 30's, Sarah! haha
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:59 am

hahahah!!! Right after I posted that last post I saw on Facebook that it was today.....So I wished you a happy one on there tooooo!!!

Anything fun for today?!?

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:27 pm

I took Sam to the train museum with my best friend/his godmother. Moe had to work.

And then mommy had to copy him ;)

stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Cute!!!!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby aaronsmummy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:58 am

sarah - happy birthday, you're rocking the pregnant look...seriously looking great :D

hi to everyone else :hi:

i want to go doctors at some point this week, we haven't even seen him once yet (our usual family doc) because he was away when we wanted our scan. so i'm thinking at 15 weeks we should DEFINATELY go see him lol get the ball rolling so to speak - we were much more organised last time going once a month and peeing in a cup, getting weighed etc...what happened! :oops:

oh well...no time like the present, only problem is hubbys unpredictable work hours, makes it v.difficult to make a time for doctors!!

xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:46 am

Emily I completely understand working with DH's work schedule. DH has not been to a single appointment this time. He even missed the ultrasounds. Oh well he will be there when baby is born that is all that is important.
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caqtcake143 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:36 am

My DH has had a hard time too! He did make it to our U/S's and he actually was able to make it to the last appointment so thats nice. With Makena he went to every singel one! And he recently interviewed for a stech supervisor position at work and as of last week HE GOT IT! So excited for him! And our family of course. But I am sure it means some late hours with the added responsability. Simple price to pay for making it up the ladder. :)

B- You there?!?!? How are you?!?!

Sarah- How was the rest of your b-day? The train museum looked like fun!

Kryssy- How you feelin girlie? You are SO close! Are you/did you have a baby shower this time?

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby B » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:20 am

Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA! My boss is on vacation so I've got a crazy work schedule for the next couple of weeks and I'm working the next three weekends! Totally sucks. So last weekend hubby and I tried to get a bunch of stuff done. We finished painting the nursery. He's going to put the crib together this weekend while I'm at work and get a mattress I think. I've seem to have blown up this past week too. I feel ginormous! Sarah, you guys look so cute at the train museum! Did you have your appt with the nutritionist yet? Hubby went to all my u/s appts but the regular monthly appts seem like such a waste of time to have him leave work for. I think we spend more time in the waiting room then the appt itself.
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Kryssy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:47 am

I agree B is seems silly for DH to come to the regular appoinments. They are all of 5 minutes and nothing interesting.

Cake - I am just going to do a meet and greet day. We did that with Link and it worked well. Everyone I know does the meet and greet rather than a shower. It is nice to meet that baby rather just see an uncomfortable mommy to be lol. Plus we don't really need anything. A few friends and I always get together to make a few freezer meals for the family so I kind of waiting for a delivery of those but other than that I don't expect anything. Lol
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caqtcake143 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:19 am

Agreed, the appointments are super fast and easy to have them leave work. I actuaqlly recorded the heartbeat a couple times on my phone for him which was nice for him too. He loves hearing it. :)

Kryssy- A meet and greet!!! Great idea! That is awesome. Had my friends not wnated to throw us this time thats what we would have done I think. 3 of my besties are throwing us a co-ed though which I am super excited for. Its going to be a low-key, fun, Baby-Q!!! :) So cute right? Hahahaha. Just a reason to all get together and celebrate the little one's life.

How is the sleep for everyone? Mine is TERRIBLE! Serious insomnia over here. Just prepping me I think. LOL

B- Wow, thats lots of work for you!!!!! When do you plan on going on maternity leave? So excited you have the nursery painted! Post a pic or it and your bell! ;)

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:30 am

Thanks girls! So far, the 30's have been good to me. I am enjoying life more and more each day. Trying to forget the past and move on with better things :) Eli is coming, I have a great "almost" 4yr old, an awesome husband who works crazy hours just to make ends meet (sometimes even not), and a family (i'm talking extended here) who loves me and wants the best for me. They've all said they'd be there for me no matter what and to call 24/7 for ANYTHING. I am on my way to a better self. I will start selling Scentsy in November/December (they are coming to Quebec in October!!!) and I am so stoked about that :-D

As for Carolanne's (haha, I always wanna type my name when I write yours, hun) question, I have not been sleeping well though. Baby is so big and low, I'm feeling like a whale with a bowling ball between the legs. I am experiencing more and more leg pain throughout the night, and my SPD makes it hard to even try to roll halfway over to the other side. Heck, it takes about 5mins just to do so, and then I'm not comfy and want to go back to my previous side. Ugh! Only 10 more weeks or so!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kryssy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Well I had my 36 week appointment and found out some of those Braxton hicks are not just Braxton's lol
I am 1 cm dilated
2/3 effaced
My doctor told me to take it easy this week just to make it one more week, then I can go back o keeping busy!!
I am not to concerned I was like this with DS and he waited unil 39.6 so I am betting I have more time. We will see who is right lol

Cake - the baby Q sounds great. That is the other reason I like the meet and greet it is co Ed and the men don't feel uncomfortable.

Emily - I was the same. I did not even go to the doctor to confirm this pregnancy unil I was 9 weeks and some. Lol
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Oh my goodness, Kryssy!!! :) Thats exciting. Did they check you because of the BH's or do they normally check that early?

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby aaronsmummy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:59 pm

kryssy - when i had contractions at 35 weeks they were super painful ... they're the only contractions i've known and i didn't think it was contractions at first, just pain. when the pain was regular like every 5 mins i was pretty sure its braxton hicks and i went to hospital after work that day, i mean unbearable pain I didn't feel like i was 'pushing' anything or contracting that's why we went, but there at the hospital i was told i was not dilated and my water hadn't broken but I had a mild bladder infection which they reckon could have irritated and caused it all. the heartrate monitor for baby was "in distress" and they pretty much told me 'don't be an idiot, no time to be a hero and push for natural, sign here and we cut him out NOW'

thats my birth story. FAR from my dream scenario i'm hoping for different this time. i want to know what other women feel...like was i in true labour or can braxton hicks be SO bad as it was to cause fetal distress? was the distress only the braxton hicks or (when they cut me open they saw this) the small placenta - had the placenta started to die off and his early birth was in fact the result of inta-uterine growth retardation (IUGR) eventually lack of oxygen from placenta causing his distress. it sounds possible but this is all speculation.

kryssy - sounds like you know what you're dealing with. i'm crazy curious if my 'contractions' were braxton hicks or not though...i've never known so much pain in my life and i thought i'd never give birth if i had to keep up that pain level, i certainly couldn't visualise pushing through it, just curling up in a ball and suffering. I was ready to keel over and give in to pain. before i had that epidural i'd never been in so much pain all my life. and i felt it was going nowhere (i mean like i said i wasn't dilated and water not broke) what is your experience with contractions?? the feeling?? i want to know if my experience was anything resembling normal!! the only way i can describe it is pain like something was terribly terribly wrong. and in the morning it started with discomfort and pain which then built up and built up getting closer and closer in length and more and more intense.

and carolanne you thought you were the only nutcase obsessing about birth!! LOL :wink:

sarah - in fact any input from you guys regarding braxton hicks and real contractions would help. whats the difference?? when is it real?? or does mine sound like neither of the two.

i'm miles away from birth and these questions are all playing on my mind, ones that may never be answered!! i mean its difficult to describe a feeling in words. please give it a shot if you can ladies :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups