Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

Postby stuckunderhere » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:55 pm

(this is half the recipe... which was WAYYYY enough)

Ingredients
• 1.5 medium sized eggplants
• 1/2 cup flour
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 2 cups fine Italian bread crumbs (seasoned)
• Olive oil, for sautéing
• 4 cups marinara sauce (recipe below)
• 1/4 cup Romano cheese (grated)
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
• 3/4 pounds mozzarella cheese (shredded)
• 1 cups ricotta cheese

Scalini's Marinara Sauce
• 1 Tablespoons garlic, chopped
• 1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
• 4 cups tomatoes (fresh or canned), chopped
• 1/2 cup onions, chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1T fresh sweet basil, chopped
• Pinch thyme
• Pinch rosemary
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Cooking Directions
After you wash the eggplant, slice them into 1/4 inch thick slices. You may choose to peel the eggplant before you slice it. However, you may want to leave the skin on since it contains a lot of vitamins.
Place the eggplant slices on a layer of paper towels and sprinkle with a little salt, then cover with another layer of paper towels and hold it down with something heavy to drain the excess moisture. Let them sit for about an hour.
Working with one slice of eggplant at a time, dust with flour, dip in beaten eggs, then coat well with breadcrumbs. Sauté in preheated olive oil on both sides until golden brown.
In baking dish, alternate layers of marinara sauce, eggplant slices, ricotta, parmesan and Romano cheeses, until you fill the baking dish, about 1/8 inch from the top. Cover with shredded mozzarella cheese, and bake for 25 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Scalini's Marinara Sauce
Lightly sauté the onions in olive oil in large pot for a few minutes.
Add garlic and sauté another minute. Add tomatoes and bring sauce to a boil, then turn heat low. Add remaining ingredients, stir, cover and let simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
Recipe courtesy of John Bogino, Scalini's Italian Restaurant, Smyrna, Ga. (scalinis.com)

On a side note, now I wait for something to happen... lol
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 pm

I can't wait to try the eggplant!!! Gonna wait a few weeks. Probably after the shower and then my mommas surprise shower we are throwing at my house on the 6th. Lol, I didn't think that one through being so close to my due date. Hahaha maybe being s busy will get this baby going!! But AFTER the party of course. :)
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby aaronsmummy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:09 am

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...thats all i've got to say lol, i'd have to leave out a couple of the cheeses we can't get here but will totally make this for the end of my pregnancy too!! :D
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby stuckunderhere » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:49 am

I have leftovers... will eat for lunch :p
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:50 am

sorry for just copying and pasting but writing this all out again would be annoying...

i was hoping for a natural birth (VBAC) but it looks like it may not happen after all...

my pregnancy is going fine - went for a general checkup today and only thing is blood pressure a little low - but apart from that we're looking good. only the doctor at the end of the appointment said to me "we can schedule a section for about 10 days before the due date" (38 weeks-ish) without even asking me what i'd like. i then asked the obvious question "so you think that's the best way to go for us?" and he explained because of the emergency with my son's 35 week premature labour and c-section due to fetal distress he'd rather be on the safe side this time. he said a planned section is better than an emergency.

he must have seen the hope in my eyes, and followed it up by saying we won't make any decisions now, and we'll see how things go. he said we'll keep an eye on how big baby is closer to the time and go from there. however, his opinion was pretty clear...he'd rather be on the safe side and schedule a C-section so there are no suprises.

i don't know how i feel about it...he delivered my son in a scary situation and kept us all calm, i trust him a lot. perhaps i have to let go of my dream of a natural birth - this is not something i want to switch doctors over, he's our family doctor always has been, and i certainly think having a healthy baby is more important than how that baby gets here.

there would be some part of me that will always wonder if i could have done it though...
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby caqtcake143 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 am

Aw Em, I know that feeling. Wanting to have that experience as a woman is completely understandable, I feel the same way. Of COURSE if it comes to the health of the baby we will do whatever it takes but to want that natural experience is completely normal I think. It will all end up the way it is supposed to be and you will have that beautiful little girl in your arms. What does hubby say?

I am so glad everything looks good and she is nice and healthy. :)

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 am

hubby said if we wait and see maybe baby will be small and he'll let us have a go...

i think he's trying to make me feel better. i mean we are both small people so its totally possible we end up with another baby on the smaller side, but the way the doctor was talking i got the hint...he was suggesting the plan should be the least risky in his opinion - the planned section. :?

he clearly doesn't have much VBAC experience as they must routinely just section previous cesar mom's. perhaps its best then i don't push for something he's not comfortable with, he's the one looking after our baby girl after all!

ah well...time will tell, and you're right - i know the most important thing is my healthy baby :D
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 am

I wouldn't get to upset yet. Aaron was earlier than 38 weeks and was in distress. If this baby is the same as Aaron you won't even make it to that date. Every birth is as different as every baby!
Hudson's birth was so different from Link's. Link kept having heart decals and I was hooked up to the fetal monitor the entire time. I had to wear an oxygen mask to try and keep his heart going, they kept calling NICU, and there was a ton of doctors and nurses around. Just before he was born DH was told he would not be able to cut the cord as they were going to be very quick at getting him help. He was blue and limp as they took him over to his heating bed.
With Hudson they only used the heart monitor about 3 times after contractions because I asked them to as I was concerned, because of Link. The doctor pretty much stood to the side and watched as I pushed all by myself and once born Hudson was plopped right done on me they cleaned him and everything right on me. He was red and screaming right away! DH and I had been so worried the entire time it was crazy how stress free Hudson's birth was compared to Link's. `
That said I do listen to the doctors if he is not comfortable with doing a VBAC then I know I wouldn't be. Oh and don't ever wonder if you could have done it, you could have! I look at all you ladies who have had C-sections in awe. When they showed the C-section births at our prenatal class I got physically ill and had to throw up. I told John we had better hope I didn't need that as I don't think I could make it!
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:20 pm

thanks kryssy! hope you hudson and link are well :wink:

you're right. it could still happen that things go smoother this time than 'expected' (by the doctor lol) perhaps i'll still get to have a stab at it after all! guess i was just suprised and a little shocked today as doctor didn't mention the c-section before, and just assumed we'd be ok with it without asking our opinion...

time will tell, if all is looking good i'd like to try. if doc's not comfortable with it even then we can cross that bridge when we get to it. i wish VBACs were a little more common here :?
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:29 pm

I wish it was easier to upload pictures here I am so bad at putting them up on photobucket then resizing then putting them here! lol Here are some photos my friend took of everyone when Hudson was 5 days old, and then a couple of my favourites so far. Oh and the birth announcement I created for Hudson. I love making announcements! lol I am a dork.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorry they are so big they will shrink in a moment! another thing I don't like about having to use a third party for pictures. lol
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby B » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:18 pm

Those are gorgeous photos Kryssy! Awwww what a beautiful family. C, the pictures you had on fb are so cute too! Makena has the cutest, most contagious smile around. Everytime I see you post a picture of her smiling it makes me smile too. Em, I totally think you could do it naturally! That I have no doubt about! And I know nothing about childbirth but if you end up going into labor earlier and she seems okay, can you still do it naturally or would they automatically do the c-section?
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby caqtcake143 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Omg, Kryssy!!!! Adorable!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:27 pm

kryssy - those are just gorgeous!! can't wait til we're a family of four :D

B - i have no idea what will happen now. i'm pretty sure if the slightest thing seems out of place i'll be talked into the section :?
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:11 pm

I thought I would stop in to tell everyone what I told John tonight at the dinner table.
For me it was definitely harder going from no kids to 1 then it has been going from 1 to 2. Everyone always told me 1 to 2 was the hardest, but really it is not that bad. There are challenges, but really I was way more lost and frustrated and got A LOT less done everyday when Link was little. I am very proud of myself. I even remember to eat!!! lol My hair and clothes are still a work in progress lol
I hope you all find going from 1 to 2 much easier as well. B I hope you have an easier transition from none to 1 than I did. Everything I did was for or with Link it took me forever to figure out how to do laundry, cook and eat throughout the day.
That is my update for today
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caqtcake143 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Oh Kryssy, you give me hope!! I'm am starting get really nervous. Not about labor or delivery or even about lack of sleep and exhaustion. I'm nervous to learn to divide time between a little helpless new born and my amazing 2 year old that deser DS just as much attention. And I'm scared to be outnumbered!!!! Lol

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups