Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:41 am

kryssy - glad to hear it! i honestly didn't find aaron such a challenge - which leads people to say "ooo easy baby last time means hard one this time" :? there are a lot of changes coming our way but mostly good in my eyes...

our biggest news is this week i got "the call" i've been waiting for, Aaron's place at kindergarden is confirmed - he starts january! we live in such a small town i've struggled to meet other parents and set up playdates etc...the only children he hangs out with at the moment aren't his age so i'm really looking forward to him making some friends of his age group (and sex - most of his friends are girls as that just happens to be what my friends had!) and even for me to meet some more moms myself! he'll be at the German kindergarden which was our first choice which i am SO happy about to (being monolingual is such a disadvantage here) and i'll be starting my final year uni studies january so this will allow me mornings alone with new baby and i'll try to get as much studying done as i can during nap times!! luckily for me my parents will be here too, their flights were confirmed this week arriving mid-january for 3 months :D can't wait to see them!! while they're here i'll let aaron have friday's off from kindergarden as they only get to see their grandchildren once a year so time is precious, think it'll help him ease into it aswell.

thats all from me! how are our ladies about to pop?!

C - glad your shower went great, saw your facebook post :wink: x
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:14 am

People told me the same thing. Link was/ is so easy going. He is all go all the time but he is very quiet and can entertain himself most of the time. When we are out he can always, somehow find some one to play with. He is so easy. I just had a hard time balancing everything else in my life. It was like for the longest time I lost me when I stopped teaching. Everyone warned me you can only have 1 good kid, so the next one will make up for it. Hudson is pretty much the same as Lincoln was, very laid back only cries when he is hungry or tired. I am very lucky!! I think once you figure out how to balance everything it is an easy adjustment. Hudson does spend more time in his swing or pack and play while sleeping because then I play with Link. But for the most part I can carry Hudson and still play with Link. Or I just put Hudson on the floor beside us and play as a group. We will see how long it lasts with everyone getting along. Lol
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:56 am

Oct 1st... I am still here. Have made it to 37wks. Yay! But now it is really time to come out, lil guy! He has a little over 1wk to decide to come out on his own before they will induce/c-section. I have my appt tomorrow morning and will get the final info on what the plan is. Eek!

Kryssy- Those are majorly cute kids you got there. Aww!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 am

good luck sarah, can't wait to see little Eli!! :D
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby stuckunderhere » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:39 am

Us too!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:31 am

I can't believe we're all about to pop soon! Well I feel like my little guy is going to come late. No BH contractions or anything yet. And I don't think I've dropped at all. Did you guys lose your mucus plug yet? Kryssy, I'm so worried about figuring out a balance once the baby comes. I'm a little worried about how the dynamics of our marriage will change too but I'm hoping for the best. I figure the first few months will be hard but then hopefully everything will settle into a routine. Eeks. So nervous though!
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Kryssy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:59 pm

B - honestly, maybe the others will disagree with me but or the first couple of months I had a lot of resentment towards DH. He would ask to go out with his friends on his days off, or he would want to go out on his Rhino, quad type thing, I would always say yes because I didn't want him to always be just sitting at home like me. I know it was my fault for saying yes but I would sill say nasty things, in my head, to him as he left. I knew it was going to be long time before I could go out with out a kid, and it made me a bit bitter that his life didn't really change but mine was SO different and boring and frustrating.
It does get better, but even yesterday DH went golfing with our friends for 6 hours while I aw at home, tryingto put Link to bed and listening to Hudson cry, because he wanted to eat right then. Lol so the bitterness came back lol.
After the first 3 months everything is/will be fine and back to normal, well the new normal. my DH is amazing trying to figure out what I need done and does itbefore I even ask. You two will figure everything out, just don't be surprised if you say nasty things, in your head of course, to your DH as he goes out for fun while you feel stuck at home.
Oh and don't worry about not having any BH. I didn't have anything until the day I had Link at 39 weeks 6 days. Then everything kicked in, in full force!!
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:19 pm

I completely I agree with you, Kryssy!!! The DH and I had some balancing to do and figure out when Makena was born. Not only did I sometimes have that feeling too that my life had changed drastically yet his only a little. He is an amazing man and so much more hands on then other husbands so I am so thankful but I do think it is a natural feeling. Even to this to this day I sometimes laugh to myself when we go to a friends and he automatically walks outside or whatever with his guys and I have Makena inside with the girls and it just happens that way naturally.
We also had to rebalance our marriage when Makena was around 6 months. We sort of automatically became Makenas parents and lost the married couple thing for a little bit. We just realized that we also needed to pay attention o each other as well as Makena. Lol. Just more dates and time even after she had gone to bed. In the end it made us better for Makena too!
You guys will figure it out, B!!! Just gotta get your groove. :)
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby aaronsmummy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:28 am

i'm with the ladies on this one B - there's a lot of adjusting your expectations. we actually lived with another couple back when aaron was born, it was a nice arrangement as it was a big house with lots of bedrooms, BUT my dreams of baby having this perfect nursery with quiet at bedtimes quickly went down the drain. there were always braais (barbeques) at the house with fairly loud music, guests - strangers around my newborn - just didn't sit well with me at first, i felt we needed some personal space. however, i'm glad aaron got used to being around other people, and looking back it's the reason he can sleep through anything as it was just never quiet at that house...if it wasn't a braai of some sort then it was DH and his friend we shared with playing playstation loudly (sounded like afghanistan with the gunfire) or some alien movie on surround sound.

anyway, life goes on and in fact the lifestyle we have here in africa i was never going to have that 'western' ideal i had in my mind...i had to let it go for something new. he's a v.happy independent little boy now, and LOVES going out to braais and playing outside with the other kids enjoying the fire. with our 2nd on the way my attitude has definately changed, i'm going to take that baby with to enjoy family evenings with friends whenever we can, even though we DO have a nice quiet appartment to ourselves now. i like that our son is social and not shy around new people, and i like that he wasn't 'conditioned' to one norm as a baby, it made him adaptable to any plan that may be made so we weren't left out

life is v.spontaneous here...we might drive out to watch sunset over the hills or braai at a friends, but whatever last minute plans are made we'll be there!! :D
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:27 pm

I agree we took Link everywhere with us. I remember we went to a party/get together at a friends house when he was 5 weeks old. For some reason one of the guys brought their mom and she was so upset that we would bring a 5 week old baby ut of the house! She was so rude, s I started getting snippy right back, saying we wanted our kid to be a social and polite young man. I also pointed out when he slept for 4 hours in his carseat while everyone was practically screaming! Link never played shy with people and I think that is because I was constantly taking him places and encouraging people to hold him. I think we went to the school at least once a week to visit at lunch! Lol now he is one of the most social almost 2 year olds I know! I also think getting out of the house at least a couple times a week helps keep PPD away. At least it did for me! If I was at home all day for 2 or 3 days in a row I could feel myself start to feel down. So I made a point to get out.
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Agreed! I took Sam out when he was 3wks old to go see Santa. People freaked at how young/tiny he was but since then we've been taking him with us everywhere and people always comment on how well behaved he is in restaurants and big crowds and how social he is (even though he's not in daycare or whatever).

Ohhh, just to add, I knew this particular Santa. I worked for him for 3 yrs in a row taking pictures (I used to work for Astral Photo/Blacks). So he thought it was very special that we took Sam in for pictures early on and he made the 2nd pic just for us... saying he doesnt usually do that. (Pretending Sam is sleeping on him).

And, my gosh we look young! I cant believe that was 4yrs ago 8O
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey ladies, how is everyone?!!
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby B » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Today was my last day at work! Woohoo!
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:40 pm

WOW you guys are right at the end of it all! i keep expecting the next update to be a birth announcement!! :wink: come on babies!! xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby stuckunderhere » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:25 am

Haha, me too, Em.
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups