Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

Postby stuckunderhere » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:35 am

Yay, B!! Soooo close! Heck, much closer than I am even while going through pre-labor for weeks. I am so pissed off. I am DONE! :'(

Little update from last night...
"Ugh, stupid body that doesnt work!! Started getting really strong contractions around 7pm last night... they were 4mins apart for over an hour so we went in around 9pm. Hooked up to monitors for an hr, feeling like crap, getting warm and in so much pain. Thinking these would get me to deliver my baby boy today. After an hour, they checked me and lo and behold, I was still 1cm dilated and no effacement changes. GRRR!! So they sent me walking around for another hour. I walked, and walked... and squatted and walked some more. Around midnight they put me on monitors again and my contractions had gone down to every 6-8mins and not as painful. Nurse checked me after about 20mins and no changes either. They said I could either stay and try to get things to progress, or go home and kick start things in a more comfy environment. So here I am, the next morning, contractions anywhere from 6 to 10mins apart. I am "le pissed!"

This happened with my son in '08... even during full on induction with Pitocin and waters broken, it took 22hrs to get to 10cm. Blah!"
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Wow i've missed a lot!

Sarah - i feel your pain, my friend had her induction and similarly after walking etc etc for like 24 hours or so there wasn't much progress. she was super fed up - she's the one with diabetes i told you about. well, they ended up giving her a c-section (much to her disappointment - her other 2 kids were natural and she was determined for another) they said the baby was starting to get distressed from it all and she refused to sign the AMA so they went ahead with the section...she was also sad because they knocked her out and she'd of preferred to be awake for the cesar. hope things work out better for you :wink: COME ON BABY ELI!! :jump:

B - super excited, keep us posted!

C - congrats again, and loved reading your birth story, it sounds so perfect! i really hope either way mine turns out (VBAC or section) that it's better than my previous experience. i'd love just to be able to hold and feed my baby from the beginning without the whole incubator lark, and baby staying 2weeks in hospital wasn't fun! sounds like a lovely ending to your story...and makena's journey as a big sister is off to a great start - wonderful news too! :D

as for me - first exam is now out of the way!! i think it went well :D i'll keep checking for updates but they aren't over til 5th nov. so i'm quite busy...i apologise if i'm quiet over the next few weeks!! our daughter's name will be Lexi (chosen by daddy) i'm already in love with her :hb: and am FINALLY used to the idea of a girl. now just hoping she doesn't turn out to be a 'he' after i've taken so long to adjust and get used to it lol!! xxx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby B » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:20 pm

I seriously never knew labor was like that Sarah. I always thought once contractions started, it was go time! Who knew it could take so long to progress or contractions could be so irregular. I would be so disappointed if I was sent home from the hospital! I hope my water breaks. That way you HAVE to have the baby within 24 hours right bc of the risk of infection? C, I don't think the doctor did a membrane sweep. She didn't mention it at all. The cervix check was kind of uncomfortable though and I've had mild period like cramps off and on since then. I hope this baby comes soon! Good luck on your exams Em! Only 4 left!
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby B » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:40 am

I think my water broke you guys! Waiting from a call from the on call doctor!
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby stuckunderhere » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:50 am

Ohhh yay! Easy labor vibes, mama!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kryssy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:44 am

Yay! What a time to check back in.

B -After reading your first post about the menstrual type cramps after your cervical check I was going to say I bet you have your baby in 24 hours or less!! I hope you have a wonderfully smooth labour, and have your baby in your arms soon or even right now lol! Crazy how ou commented you wanted your water to break and then about 12 hours later it did lol!

Sarah -I can't believe little man is still playing games with you! I hope he decides to come soon for mommies sake.

Emily - congrats on your first exam done! You are almost there. I love the name "Lexie." your DH picks great names!

Cake - Logan is so stinking cute! It looks as though Makena loves him very much. That is great especially for a mom's heart. Did they bring her up to the hospital to meet Logan? DH brought Link and when Link walked in the room I started crying. It was like I loved him so much more than I did even 6 hours ago! It was crazy I was just so happy to see him.

AFM - things are going really well. Hudson is growing just like his brother WAY to fast. He was 6lbs 5 ozs when we left the hospital at 36 hours old by 6 days old he was already 6lbs 10ozs then at 1 month he was 10lbs 5ozs!! He is growing like crazy. My family calls me Jersey! because, my family are farmers, and the jersey cow makes the thickest milk lol! The doctor cannot believe he is gaining twice what they want to see in a week and he is EBF. Link was the same which is when I earned my nickname, Hudson just solidifies it lol. He is already smiling when people talk at him and yesterday at bedtime I was teasing him and being silly and he started smiling so much he almost started to giggle! I am so torn, i do love my little man, but I cannot wait until he gets to the stage where he is participating in his happiness. I think I like infants and toddlers more than newborns! Newborns are almost boring, I like it when they acknowledge your existence, either good or bad. I love seeing thier personality develop!
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:50 am

B wrote:I seriously never knew labor was like that Sarah. I always thought once contractions started, it was go time! Who knew it could take so long to progress or contractions could be so irregular. I would be so disappointed if I was sent home from the hospital! I hope my water breaks. That way you HAVE to have the baby within 24 hours right bc of the risk of infection? C, I don't think the doctor did a membrane sweep. She didn't mention it at all. The cervix check was kind of uncomfortable though and I've had mild period like cramps off and on since then. I hope this baby comes soon! Good luck on your exams Em! Only 4 left!

My issue with all this is that this isnt the first time... I was soo hoping to avoid going past d-day again. ugh! On wednesday I have my 40+3 appt and they'll schedule my induction/section. Pleaaaaase, make him come before then!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:08 am

Yay, B!!!!!
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby B » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Omg guys that happened soooo fast. I went from being uncomfortable to kill me now so quickly. But of course the anesthiologist had one other person he had to finish and one more ahead of me. I was like I need something, anything right now! So they gave me fentanyl in my IV to try to help a little. My doctor was in surgery too. She checked on me around 10:45 and I was 5 cm, which was what I was when I was admitted. After the fentanyl I was like I need to push! So the nurse checked and I was ready. The on call md was called but she didn't even make it on time! I started pushing at 12:15 and baby Ian came at 12:33. The nurse delivered him as the doctor was walking through the door. There may be a problem with his anus though. The doctor says the hole is really small so he is getting evaluated by the neonatologist. I'm waiting for the hubby to come back to see what they say.
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Kryssy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Yay for baby Ian!!!
Wow only 18 minutes of pushing that is great!! You had a short first labour as well. Be ready your next will be even shorter!! I know you think how is that possible but believe me it is. We have talked about it and have decided we are definitely done because i seriously don't want to have the next one in the car.
I hope that they find nothing actually wrong and it just looks smaller than it really is. Let us know what they say.
Congrats again and enjoy all those baby snuggles!
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caqtcake143 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Yay, B!!!!!!! Congrats on your new little addition and congrats on an amazing labor! You are going to enjoy every second of that little man. :)

Keep us posted on little Ian and if they find anything. Hoping they are just being overly cautious. Can't wait to see pictures of him! xox

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby B » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Okay guys, looks like Ian has anal stenosis, which isn't terrible. It's not great but it could be worse I suppose. He was able to pass a stool, which is great but they don't want him to eat anything overnight to see if he can poop again. They also have to use these dilation sticks to try to stretch it out, which we'll probably have to continue at home. Unfortunately we probably won't be able to take him home with us when we get discharged on Sunday bc they'll probably need to monitor him for a little while longer. We are sad but it could be a lot worse so we're grateful that he seems to be doing well. He has to stay in NICU so for the time being I'm trying to pump every two hours to try to stimulate milk production sinc he can't nurse yet and we're going to try to get as much rest as we can. Sarah, how are you doing?!
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby caqtcake143 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:27 pm

B- I'm so sorry you will need to be leaving without little Ian, that has to be a tough pill to swallow. But as you said it could be so much worse! I am glad he could go poo though, that's a good sign right? Does the dilater normally correct the problem? When will you guys head home?

Kryssy- it's do amazing seeing your two kids together, perfect. Makena was actually there when it was time, she was in the waiting room so she was one of the firsts to come in and meet him in recovery. I wish I had recorded it. She was so excited and so happy to see him. The first night we were home we were reading before bedtime and had Logan laying with us too. I totally lost it. The hormones had a lot to do with the uncontrollable cry im sure but it was just so amazing to look in that bed and see everything that matters. Just to see how "complete" Logan made our litttle family. And we didn't even know we were missing a piece. :)

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby aaronsmummy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:01 am

ahh C - i almost cried at your bedtime story story! so beautiful can't wait to have that too!!

B - CONGRATULATIONS MAMA!! :wave: sorry he has to stay in hospital, i know exactly what that's like. aaron was in a week after i left (i was also in a week due to a temperature after my section) and even with the hospital around the corner from our house it was super strange as a first experience - walking around the supermarket etc. and no bump or baby...it feels wrong - hopefully he's let out soon and these first hospital memories will become distant compared to the amazing feelings you have when you finally get to take your baby back home!!

kryssy - nice to hear an update on you guys, a happy lil family :D glad baby hudson is doing great (and i agree its so funny how you want your baby out, then want them to grow! newborns aren't awefully entertaining are they lol - in fact even now aaron is starting to sound so grown up i still can't wait to see what he'll come out with next or what he'll be like by 3 when his sister arrives, the personality layers that just keep getting added on are definately the nicest thing to watch, little people with their own thoughts and ideas!)

sarah - COME ON BABY ELI! we're all cheering you on :wave:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby stuckunderhere » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:08 am

So I'm in the first stage of labor now. Pain all over, contractions every 6-8mins starting at the top of my uterus (oh my god, so uncomfortable all night long... it felt like he was pushing his feet against my ribs, but he wasnt moving and I later realized those were contractions), I am hoping we make the leap from 1 to 3cm pretty fast. I dont want this to take days. Hey, maybe he wants to come on his due date (tomorrow)... Anyway, I made a strong batch of RRL tea yesterday and omg did those contractions start so suddenly afterwards. Instead of 1 pouch for 1 cup, brewing for 5mins, I put 2 in there and brewed for 10mins. Maybe a bit too strong? lol

B- CONGRATS!!!!!! Wow thats a fast labor! Cant wait to see pics. And yeah I agree the next ones come even faster...

Carolanne- Awww *sniff* cute story. I'm sure I'll be an emotional mess for a while after he's here. This has been such a horrible process from beginning to end since Aug '09. My miracle boy is on his way...
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups