Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

Postby caqtcake143 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Sarah- hang in there momma, he's gotta come soon!!!! Where are you at now?

B- Ian is SO cute! Love the pic you posted! Any more word on when he will be able to go home with you? You still going tomorrow? Any new news?

Kryssy- I love the pics you guys took that are in FB!! You have a beautiful family!!!

Em- any more tests coming up?!?
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:57 am

C - i have my 2nd exam thursday. reading some poetry from our reading list in preperation this morning...wish me luck!!

Sarah - ooo yay hopefully lil Eli will make it on his own!! keep us posted when you can mama :wink: xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby stuckunderhere » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:43 am

Still home... ugh!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:57 am

B- how you doin? Did you make it home yesterday? How is Ian?

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby B » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:02 am

Hey guys. We were discharged yesterday. Feels so much better to be at home even if we can't take our little guy home with us. Ian is doing really well. He's starting to eat more. The doctor ordered him to increase his food by 1 ml every feeding (every 3 hours). He needs to reach 39 mls before they'll release him. He's at 12 right now. And the doctor is still doing his dilations once a week. I'm trying to pump every three hours too to bring in to the NICU. We haven't had too much luck breastfeeding though. I finally got him to latch yesterday using a nipple shield but this morning he wouldn't suck. Hopefully we'll have better luck at his noon time feeding. I can't believe your husband is going back to work already C! It seems so fast. You are supermom! Sarah, anything?! At what point are they just going to induce you? You must be so uncomfortable. Did you have your second exam yet Em? How are your boys treating you Kryssy? Running mommy ragged yet?
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:19 pm

So glad you are home B! How does it work with going in to see Ian? Can you go any time you want?
So glad he is doing better! How long do they anticipate until he can go home? Is he passing everything okay right now? How are you feeling? Physically? Emotionally? I'm thinking about you!!

Your tellin me it was fast! Lol. The week flew by with daddy home. :( its going really well though so far for our first day. 8 more so just miss Jeremiah. :(
I came up with a strategy for feeding that seems to be working well. Pretty much eveytime we feed we change Lo's diaper first so Makena helps with that. Then when I sit down to breast feed Makena picks a book and we read together. It's a great little quiet time, gets Makena to sit for a little and it gives us a little time together. I love it. :)

How is everyone else?!?

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Sounds like a good plan, C. I might try that with Sam if Elijah ever decides on coming out...

B- Glad you got to go home :) How long do they have to keep Ian for? Is he pooping better now?
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kryssy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Cake - how is it going with DH gone? I love your feeding time routine. Link wouldn't sit still that long, but he plays on the floor, by himself during feedings. My Dh works a 8 on 6 off shift so I am by myself 8 days every 2 weeks I completely understand. It is all going really good now except bedtime. I hate bedtime. I like to spend time with Link and we read 2 or 3 books and talk about our day and what we are going to do tomorrow. Not to mention to whole potty and brush our teeth and Pj's on thing. it really does take me 30 - 45 minutes to get him in bed. Well as you can imagine Hudson rarely cooperates with having a nap at that time. I have tried keeping him in the room with Link and I but that ends up with him crying at some point, totally not his fault just being a baby, but Link doesn't understand and then he gets upset. I have tried to keep Hudson on my but then I get stuck in Links bed and can't get up without a huge display lol and I usually end up with 2 crying kids. I have tried to cut Link short and that results in him screaming "mommy" for an hour or so. I have tried to leave Hudson downstairs and that leads to him screaming and then Link screaming "baby, baby" I dread when the clock hits 7. lol I cannot wait until Hudson gets a bit bigger so that he can hold his own head and be able to sit by himself on the bed with us, right now it just isn't safe for him to be there.

Sarah - Come on Eli!! We are all waiting to see what you look like! And mommy needs a break! lol

B - I Hope Ian continues gaining mls with each feeding. I had to use a nipple shield with Link at the beginning because he was so severely tongue tied that he couldn't suck. We were in the hospital 5 days while the nurses and doctors and I did every thing we could think of to teach him how to suck. I had to start with spoon feeding him what I could express on a spoon it was crazy!! It took 3 weeks for them to cut the tie though even though they could clearly see that it was affecting his ability to eat. I had to use the shield until they clipped it, then that day he could eat.

Emily - Good Luck tomorrow! wow you are flying through those exams good for you!!
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby B » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Good news guys! Ian gets to come home Thursday! We'll have to continue his dilations at home. They're going to teach us tomorrow or Thursday. He also has this little extra skin by his butthole that needs to be excised but they're going to do this in a couple months when he's a little older. He'll unfortunately have to be put under general anesthesia for it. We're just so thrilled to have a release date for him though! They've increased his food by 2 mls each feeding now instead of one.
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Kryssy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:25 pm

Way to go Ian!! I am glad they started giving him an extra 2mls every feeding I was trying to do the math and thought that it was too many days lol. Will he for sure need the surgery or could he maybe grow into the extra skin? If not at least they are willing to wait a few months for him to get bigger. I am so excited for you and your DH to get to bring him home!
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caqtcake143 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm

<3
Last edited by caqtcake143 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:51 am

I started a new page for us ladies....

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=229416