Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby stuckunderhere » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:47 am

B wrote:I second the almond milk, Sarah. I'm pretty lactose intolerant so I use it for my cereal and in smoothies and love it. And knowing you, you could probably make your own!

Sam is already on Chocolate Almond Milk as his drink for the day, but I am noticing there's a lot less protein in it than soy. Maybe I need to just switch to soy and deal with it? My kid needs to fatten up like, YESTERDAY!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:21 am

B - love the crib! looks so gorgeous...i'm so ready to find out if we're team blue again, looking at all the cute boy stuff our group's got going i'm really getting anxious to know so i can get ready for baby too!!

to be honest there's not much we NEED, but i definately would like to get a few special things for the little one that aren't inherited from big bro no matter what the gender! :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:22 am

B-the crib looks great. Is it starting to feel more real now? I know when I put up Link's bed it was like okay we are having a baby!!

Emily - I have been the same we haven't bought anything for this one except a first outfit for in he hospital. I put the first outfit Link ever worn in his scrapbook so I thought it would only be fair if new man got his own outfit!! Plus I made him a going home outfit and 2 blankets. He has a few new sleepers that grandparents have bought him in different sizes just so he has a few things of his own lol I don't want him growing up and looking at pictures of him in the same outfits everytime! Lol
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:25 am

He got a callback from the Marriott Hotel!!!!!!!! Interview tomorrow 10am... omg, omg, omg! This can be it! 3days/wk (24hrs) at 13.89$/hr... and then he'd only have to work an extra 2days/wk (12hrs) at his current place for 9.90$/hr and make WAY enough for us to get by. Woohoo! Pray that DH gets this job!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:42 pm

crossing everything for you...that sounds great sarah!! :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby B » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Yay Sarah! That's great news! Hope he gets the job! Kryssy, getting the nursery set up totally makes it feel more real. We were like omg, we're going to be having a baby! Em, I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or girl! Oh, I was going to ask you Sarah, is there anyway to look online to see if you can find any coupons or assistance for your glucose test strips? I don't know how it works in Canada. Do you have to get through a pharmacy? Like in the U.S, Freestyle (a glucometer company) has this freestyle promise program that we enroll patients in sometimes that offers co-pay assistance on their strips. I don't know if that's something that would be available for you up there.
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby stuckunderhere » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:30 am

Insurance works differently here. We get the meters free, but pay for the strips and needles. I havent found a way to get them for cheaper yet. Oh well! My parents will help and if Moe gets this job, we'll be fine *crossing fingers* I'll keep you updated in about 3hrs...

Hun, that nursery theme is awesome! I love it! Good job!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 am

Sarah- eeeeeee!!!! So excited, hope he gets it!!!!!! Any word yet?!?

I cannot wait to put our crib up! Did you guys see our renovation is ALMOST complete?!?!?!?! SO excited! Once that is done , the things in the guest room will go into it. A.K.A the TV, desk, computer and little entertainment center. Then.....the crib will be UP! We need to get a dresser for baby still, just wainting for the room to be done so we have somewhere to put it!

Kryssy- How are you feeling?!?! SO close!
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby aaronsmummy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:11 pm

my goodness kryssy i'd already had aaron by the stage you are now!! you must be so excited to meet the new man in your life!! :D

stalking for sarah's update... :roll:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:20 pm

I am starting to feel more ready. I still have a few things I want to buy/make for new baby and Link. I am making them matching pumpkin hats right now. I am so excited!! I am such a grandma lol.
Here is a couple of photo's of some things I have been making.
The first is a bunch of togues and a diaper cover set for pictures I also have that is a light blue with tan trim but I couldn't fit it in the photo lol

Here is his coming home outfit I made and a blanket. I still have to add a light blue ribbon around the edge and crochet his name on it. I made the same one for Link but his is green instead of blue.
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Kryssy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:24 pm

OKay sorry that one picture is upside down. I turned in photobucket so maybe in a bit it will rotate properly. I have tried to redo the link up it is still upside down so I give up lol
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Well, the interview went really well. The supervisor just needs to talk to the lady we've been communicating with (his boss apparently) to make sure there are no issues about us having a baby in Oct and him leaving in Nov for the same reason (he's taking 5wks off for a new baby... DH is taking 3wks, but dont know when yet. It might even only be around Christmas time. So it should be fine). We will know for sure within a day or two. And he would start training on Monday. Yay!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:37 pm

That's wonderful news Sarah! Kryssy, you are so talented! I can't believe you made all that!
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Kryssy- you are so talented!!!!!!!! I wish I could do that. I love all the hats.

Sarah- yay!!!! Fingers are so crossed for you!
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby aaronsmummy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:39 am

kryssy - if i had that skill i'd be selling those things, they look proffessional! and sooooo cute, the penguin frog and giraffe are my favourites along with the matching green daiper cover set. awww :wink:

sarah - crossing everything, hope this is it for you guys!! :D

C, B - hows things going with you?

i'm just trundling along here...nothing much to report. going to give my blood today for the routine prenatal bloodtests. also going to complain as we're having medical insurance confusion - we believed that 2 scans would be covered by the medicalaid, but as it turns out they refused to pay and i want to know why! the lady i spoke to on the phone said the 2 scans that are covered in pregnancy are for when admitted to hospital. WHAT? then what about the 12 prenatal appointments that are supposed to be covered by the scheme, are they also when admitted to hospital cause that makes no sense to me at all. (her argument was basically maternity care is listed under hospital benefit not day-to-day expenses, well of course pregnancy is not a day to day expense, we aren't pregnant all year every year so i think thats why its in a different section!) there will be a heated debate anyway...hope i win that one :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups