Lucky Charm Mommas--Part 2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby stuckunderhere » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:58 am

Kryssy- Those look awesome! That diaper cover set is adorbs!! <3

I have another appointment with the nutritionist today at 10:30am. I get weekly's now. YAY! :roll: I hope she says I am doing good. I busted my sugar levels twice only since Thursday. Friday morning after my cereal bfast, and last night after having junk food (oops! I know!) burger and poutine. We had no food and I really just gave up on even going for vegan...
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:26 am

Em- You tell them!!! I swear, I dont understand any insurance stuff. Its so confusing to me. Just tell me what you cover and what ou dont please, spare the mumbo jumbo. :?

Sarah- You will do great!!! Everyone has a little bit of a break down here and there, you will do great. You are so healthy anyways. I was doing SO good up until I hit the 6 month mark, then I kinda just said oh, whatever. lol. We still eat home cooked meals etc. and not a whole lot of fast food or restaurants but even at home I have been eating a lot of cheese and things I would not normally eat. I am just SO hungry. hahahhaa. Let us know how your appointment goes!

AFM- Doing well here. It is SO hot and muggy right now, that has been tough especially at night when trying to sleep. We dont have AC in the house(which is ironic considering my husband has been an AC tech for over 10 years). lol. There is typically only like a 3 week period that we "need" it. Its just really uncomfortable right now. lol Our next appointment is on the 30th, cant wait because that is our U/S day with the doctor to check position. I think he is still head down, but I really cannot tell. Still getting more movement up top for the most part and i can feel hiccups down low sometimes, although they are very faint. When they were listening to the HB at the last app they got it VERY low and it sounded super "far" away. She said that he was pretty deep. I hope that means he will stay that way! lol. Would I feel a difference if he flipped right now? what do you guys think?
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:25 am

Okay, so, she said I just have to change a few things in my diet, like, eat more protein at lunch time and make sure I space out snacks more than 2hrs before meals, and that I need to write down a complete food diary for next Friday's appt. I was so lost trying to remember what I had had on a certain day to bring up my levels and such lol

Oh and I've gained 1lb since last Thursday. Things are good :)

EDIT: Oh and my appt was supposed to be at 10:30am. I didnt go in til 12:10. Ugh! Sam was a little terror after all that waiting and he just didnt want to listen to anything I told him. Poor kid hated the waiting! I was so hungry by the time we left the hospital. So we headed to the basement, where the cafeteria was (weird, right?) and I grabbed an egg sandwich for me, a blueberry muffin and slice of cheese for Sam and we headed back home. On our walk back here after our 1hr bus ride, I was still hungry. So I stopped at the corner store and grabbed a soft serve ice cream with oreo bits mixed in. Mmm! HAHAHA, good thing I dont have to check my levels til 5-5:30pm again. I will go excercise and hope they dont go up too much :p
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:38 am

Why do they always take forever to take you in Sarah?!?! That would drive me bonkers! lol

Sounds like you are doing well though, yay!!! I have been abolutely starving today, ALL DAY! Trying not to eat everything in sight. Cottage cheese and pineapple for breakfast, stinrg cheese and apple for snack(seriously contemplating some light pop corn right now) and then veggie pattie for lunch! lol.

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:11 pm

WTF, why is it my glucose levels are lower AFTER meals compared to before meal testings? I just went from 6.2mmol to 5.7mmol after eating dinner (1.5hrs later). WEIRD!!! I had a chicken ceasar wrap, with rice/veggies incorporated... Wouldnt the rice bring the sugars up? I mean, yes I had an ice cream for a snack, but wouldnt the glucose levels rise anyway from my 6.2 if I ate more afterwards??
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:42 am

Weird!!! But thats good, right? You want them lower?

I dont know much about GD. lol

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:45 am

They have to stay below 7.8 after a meal, BUT they shouldnt be lower after eating something, ya know?
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:10 am

That makes sense. Hmmmmm, weird. Did you start your food diary? At least maybe they will be able to tell you reasons why. I would assume there is a learning curve with getting it all down and being able to maintain the sugar levels. More power to you sister! You will do awesome. :)

I am SO nauseas this morning, I dont know what it is. and I am feeling more pressure in my pelvic area. I have been peeing even MORE then I was before which I didnt ever think was possible. lol

Anyone else going to go do a 4D U/S? I cannto wait to see all these little BOYS! And Em- I cannot wait to hear what you are having!!!!! Still thinking boy?

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:15 am

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate ... kunderhere
Here ya go :)

Someone said it might be an insulin issue and I would need to be on meds... ugh!

No 3D here, unless someone offers to pay the 200$ for us lol
But I will be getting a few u/s starting at 32wks for this lil guy's growth.

Haha, I'm peeing more too. And I'm not even drinking more *shrugs*
Baby is on my bladder I guess... Maybe they are getting lower and lower now? I dont remember... when do they usually drop?
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:27 am

I think it varies from person to person but they can drop at any point. I think I read that the doctor can start checking their station from now and some drop and engage early and some not until labor begins. When we did our U/S this little ones head was on my bladder so I am wondering if thats it. Its been bad at night. lol.
I am still trying to find outthe position of this little one, I keep feelin around on my tummy. lol. I feel something somewhat pointy and really hard up on my right side of my ribs. I dont think its round enough for a head......but I have no idea. :wink:

Heard anything from the job?!?!?!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:28 am

P.S your link didnt work. :( Hopefully there isnt any more meds for you!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Sorry it was on private haha. Should work now.

Eli sticks his butt out, right under my ribs a lot. Feels like he's mooning me lol
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Is it super hard? And almost "pointy" feeling. Thats what this feelings like. lol

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:03 pm

caqtcake143 wrote:Is it super hard? And almost "pointy" feeling. Thats what this feelings like. lol

Yeah... Unless its a foot, but you would know that though. It would show a shape to it, and small-ish.
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:15 pm

And if it were a head I would be able to tell, right? I am assuming bigger and round? lol.
Do your ribs hurt after you eat at all from everything pushing up on them?

Kryssy- You are TERM!!!!! How is everything going? Feeling well? Any signs?

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups