The Babymakers #2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

The Babymakers #2

Postby carak21 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi ladies!!! We finally made a new thread. So excited we have been on this journey together for sooo long. It makes it that much more exciting, that I have made friends like yall to help me through the tough times of ttc to the crazy eventful things during pregnancy.

Hoping-I can't believe it, only 4 more weeks if not less. There is absolutely nothing wrong with formula feeding, if its too hard to breastfeed as long as the baby is eating it doesn't matter where it is coming from. I'm sure I won't care or beat myself up if I can't breastfeed, but I really really want to. If formula was not good for the baby it wouldn't be on the market, right :) I would love to see a u/s picture of the baby!!! I can't wait until the baby makes its appearance. Your the next one!!!!

Bella-Thank you for offering support and help, I'm sure when time gets closer I will be asking tons of questions. Out of everything there is to be nervous about, breastfeeding it number one on my list. I'm so scared I won't be able to do it, although like I told hoping, I'm not going to beat myself up if I can't do it. I just really want to be different then everyone here and have that special bonding time. If you have a good recipe for scones, I'd love to try to make them. I've never had them before!!! I can't believe you only have 13 more weeks!!! These pregnancies are flying.

Claire-I absolutely love the pics of Charley. She's precious and beautiful :) I'm so happy she is doing well. She looks like a chubby thing too. I think cloth diapering is great but thats one thing that is not for me. I'll still with sposies because I just can't phantom the idea of doing it. I cannot believe how quickly you've lost the weight. It's awesome. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you gain your whole pregnancy. I think I'm up another 3-5 lbs but I'm over it, if I have to gain at least it is for the baby. People still say I'm tiny and I'm almost 6 months pregnant so I'm good with that :)

Emily- Maybe you just have a chill baby in there. DS may as well be more active. My little man is crazy active. His kicks and movements do not hurt or feel strong yet, but he is ALWAYS moving and its a different feeling. I can't really describe it but I enjoy it. He's a stubborn little guy though. People want to feel him kick but he just won't move for anyone but me and daddy :) I'm glad you had a great day cooking with DS and painting. I paint all day long with my babies at work, they are truly a blessing. I love teaching.

AFM-Had another great day, but I was soo tired all day. My blood sugars also were very low in between breakfast and lunch today, I suppose because I don't have time to snack in between meals anymore. I guess I'm going to have to sneak something in, because it was pretty scary. I'm excited DH got my crib bedding today. It's soo cute :) Now if he would just get a move on building the nursery I can begin to set it up. My next appointment is September 6th and I get to see my little man again. This weekend me and girlfriend are going to do my registry. I'm pretty excited to spend the day with her, but not excited about walking around the stores allllll day long with my sore tailbone problem. Anyways ladies, I hope you all have a great night/day :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Cara I put on about 20kg which is more then the 'ideal' weight gain - but I figured I needed it. And it seems most of it was water weight anyway lol
When they broke my waters it was pretty impressive - the amount even surprised the medical staff! I haven't had a chance To check my weight pp yet but I dare say I've lost most of it already.

Anyway must end it here for now, I've gotta call up about my paid maternity leave coz the online thing is doing my head in!

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:02 am

Hi,
Just wanted to check in quickly cos I'm at work but tomorrow is my last day - woo hoo! My colleagues have organised a lunch out today which is really nice of them.

Cara - I'm worried about breastfeeding too - I feel clueless but really want to do it. I figure I might use a pump too to share some of the feeding time with DH. I'm worried about milk not coming in etc but my antenatal class in 2 weeks is all about feeding so I can let you know if I learn anything!

Claire - hope you get your maternity pay sorted ok. Human resources mucked up my application here but I'm hoping it's all sorted now...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:28 am

Hi everyone!!!

Cara: Believe me I can not believe I have less than 4 weeks left! Good luck with doing your baby registry this weekend. Have fun with your friend and make sure your eating some extra snacks!!! You'll have to find a way to "sneak" in some small snacks.

Claire: I would guess you have lost most of the weight you gained - your 2 week pp pic looked great! That is another great benefit of BF - you lose baby weight faster. Your doing great mama!!!!

Rachel: Yay for last day of work!!! I plan to work as long as I can - but my job is pretty low key so its been going fine. Hope your lunch went well that was nice of your co workers. How are you feeling other wise?? Have you had a baby shower yet or are you going to? So exciting - you are next after me!! I can't believe we are almost at the end!!!

Everyone else: HI!!!!!!

AFM: Doctor appt yesterday - 3-4 cm dilated 8O 8O yikes!!! So I could either walk around 3-4 cm dilated for a few weeks or I could be going into labor soon!!! 8O 8O I am still in shock. So we are making it a point this weekend to get as much of LO stuff home that we can. Since we are still "under construction" at our house LO does not have a room yet - so all of my stuff from our baby shower is at my MIL house. But I told DH I need to atleast go get enough to pack the diaper bag and get the car seat JUST IN CASE!!!! I have all the clothes at home already and all the newborn stuff is washed and that but everything else is at my MIL......it's a little nerve racking since I don't have anywhere to put it I can't really bring it home. But I have decided I will go this weekend and get enough stuff to pack the diaper bag and have a few things at home - even if I have to keep them in a box or something lol!!! This is just crazy!!! But as long as LO doesn't come to early construction will be done and we will be ready but if LO is here too early then we won't be ready..........ahhh nothing like some added stress!!!! But anyways also had u/s LO was so cute (Cara I will post a pick or two from home later they gave me a disc) still measuring small but have not gotten a phone call from the doctor yet with any specifics......so I will update more on that once they call me!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:20 am

Rach- hope u had a good last day at work. Now you can nest and rest full time til LO arrives lol

Hoping - I cant wait to check my pp weight it's exciting :) I just need to find a miracle stretch mark remover now lol I have a lot of them and they are everywhere- even my butt and the backs of my legs!
Glad your appt went well, hope you get things at least a little bit organized this weekend just incase! Don't stress, I left a lot to the last minute- Charley was late and still I was setting things uP for her room at 10pm the night before my induction - in the end all that matters is that hospital bag and the car seat- the rest can wait or someone else can do it :)

Afm - Charleys been great :) I've been putting her in bed just before she falls asleep and most of the time it works like a dream, sometimes she will have a little cry for a minute but then she's sound asleep. I fed her and put her to bed earlier then jumped in the shower, only to find when I got out that DP had gotten her out of bed and she was wide awake lol poor DP heard her crying and snuggled into the bed in her room with her and put on a movie.
Anyway long story short I'm now feeding and settling an overtired baby girl while DP is in our bed snoring his head off. Don't want to jinx it but she's almost asleep now fx fx fx (it's 1:15am) I'm ready for bed myself.

A friend of mine from work had her baby girl this afternoon :) Jasmine Taylor 2.94 kg I can't wait to meet her!
My sister sounded like she was in labour the other day but it turned out she's got a cold n a uti and the rest was a false alarm- still she's due very soon- 14th of sep.
Another colleague is due the week after my sister too. I'm taking Charley to meet her today so we can catch up- I haven't seen her since my baby shower so that'll be nice.
So there's babies galore in my life at the moment :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:39 am

Hi Claire and Hoping,
Thanks for the replies. I'm just getting ready to leave work now and feeling a bit sad! Work got me a big flower arrangement which was really kind. Anyway, I'm knackered and my back is sore so I'll be glad of a rest before LO arrives!

Hoping that's crazy about being dilated - but I think people can go weeks like that and not go into labour? Hope you get things sorted. I need to pack a hospital bag - something I haven't done yet.

It sounds like you're loving motherhood Claire - it's so nice to hear. I'm not sure about stretch marks - maybe an oil with lots of vitamin E in it?!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby aaronsmummy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:42 pm

claire - i know its 2.5 years down the line for me lol BUT my c-section scar is practically gone, i just used the johnson's healthy skin pure tissue oil...its basically like bio-oil. you'd have to look really hard to know i've had a cesar!

if nothing seems to work time will do the trick :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby KellieRose » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Sorry girls, I'm behind so I'm going to just respond to the posts that are here. Two days ago I wrote a whole long post with photos and it didn't post for whatever reason.

Bouv- Get some rest girl!

Claire- Sounds like Charley is a super sweet little girl. AHhhh I want to meet mine so badly!

Hoping- OHMYGOODNESS! So I guess you could really go at any time huh!? SO exciting!

Cara- Isn't shopping for baby stuff THE BEST!? Love it.

Em- Hope everything is going well!

AFM: Had a doctors appt for my poor hemorrhoids and had to have a rectal. YUCK! Luckily though he was able to feel them so he could prescribe special suppositories to help (and they have, THANK YOU GOD) since the pain was so awful. He also said the reason it was so bad is because baby girl is SUPER low and putting pressure on them. Like, her head is RIGHT THERE. I'm not dilated at all though so...we will see what happens! She's measuring about 2 weeks ahead according to u/s. Anyway, besides that, not much going on! Here are some photos from my maternity shoot as promised :) I love how in the first one, my puppies are kissing. Awesome lol.

Kellie- 27 & Theo- 28
Fur Babies: Dexter & Emmie
1/5/12- :angel:
2/6/12- :bfp:
EDD: October 20, 2012
It's a GIRL! Our little Hannah Jean
http://apizzaintheoven.blogspot.com/
My TWW FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/kellie.rose.39
FB Page for my Etsy Shop! Please like! http://www.facebook.com/HannahBananaBands?ref=ts
Hannah Jean is here! Born October 4, 2012 at 3:33pm weight 7lbs11oz <3
KellieRose
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Claire-I hope you get the stuff figured out with maternity leave. My boss told me the other day that she will be paying me while I'm gone so I'm happy about that :) so happy to hear good things about charley. She's beautiful. I don't remember if you ever told us what your sister was having. I can't believe she is due so soon.

Rachel-hope your last day was great. I too will be working until I go into labor. I can't afford to be off sooner but we don't get paid leave until after the baby arrives so if I'm out I'm not paid. I doubt my boss will pay me for much more than 8 weeks :-/

Kellie-I love love love the pictures!!! How cute. That tree in the background is gorgeous! Makes the pictures stand out. I can't wait til I'm. If enough for maternity pictures lol. I still feel so small for 6 months.

Hoping-eeeekkk I can't relieve your already dialated 3-4!!! That's crazy, baby will be here before we know it. I cannot wait to see the next little one.

It's 12 am and I'm still wide awake 8O I took a two hour nap when I got home today because I've been sleepy. Had to work overtime the last two days because we were short staffed ugh. I don't understand people who say they need money but call in to work. Lazy people is all I can say. I love working keeps me busy and I'm constantly moving which is great during pregnancy. I cleaned my entire house cuz I'm pissed at DH. Don't laugh but he doesn't want to have sex as much as me and it makes me mad. He has a new job and is always too tired :roll: That's ok I'm gonna make him work for it now. Shopping tomorrow with my girlfriend should be fun but the thought of registering makes my head spin. So I'm really looking forward to lunch at the olive garden if only I could have a sangria or two with my meal...mmmm. Lol not that I'm an alchie I just love wine with my meals but I'm also not one that will do that while pregnant so I'll just wait it out :) I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:19 am

Cara - do you think DH could just be a bit freaked out about the whole pregnancy-sex thing? I know some men worry they're going to harm the baby... or maybe it is just his job - hope you can work things out! I'm not technically on mat leave yet - I had annual leave left to take so that's good. I'm worrying already about how we'll manage when I'm not getting paid full salary during some of my leave, but I'll worry about that later. Hope you keep well and get though work ok. It sounds like you're all organised anyway for LO arriving. I still have lots to do :roll:

Kellie - glad you got something to help the haemorrhoids. Pregnancy can be such a pain! I went through a stage of peeing myself whenever I sneezed (and I had BAD hayfever!) Thankfully that has stopped again - so maybe that was due to baby's head pressing on things down there :oops: It was so irritating and made me feel like an old woman!!

Hoping - I can't believe how close to the end we are!! I hope you're keeping well. I'm not having a baby shower. It's not really very popular here and to be honest I haven't been organised enough to actually have one because of other things going on. But now that I've stopped work I'm looking forward to having a bit of time to myself before LO arrives. Hopefully everything will be organised in time!

Hope Charley's still doing great!

AFM. Last day of work went well as did lunch with my colleagues. I don't really feel like I'm off work for anything but a holiday yet!! I've noticed I'm slowing up quite a bit when walking and my low back pain is really starting to bug me. I've got one of those belts to wear but I don't wear it that much as it always makes me feel like I need to pee! I also think I might be starting to get pubic symphysis pain - but I'm trying not to pay much attention just now. I know from some other friends that it can be pretty horrible. Well, not too much longer to go. In tonight with DH, dinner and movie - can't wait! Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

Rachel
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby KellieRose » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:22 am

Bouv- Oh man, I DO pee myself everytime I sneeze lol. I have to wear pantyliners 24/7. It's terrible. I clearly just have a lot of issues....down there LOL Luckily the suppositories I was given have given me a bunch of relief.

Cara- Thanks! Some women wait until a lot later in pregnancy to do them! My first set of maternity photos was done around 26ish weeks I think? And these at 31 weeks and there is a huge difference in my size.

AFM: Have had a busy weekend! It was my Dad's 60th birthday yesterday and the family went all out planning a nice little party at a restaurant here. So we had a really good time. I was BEAT last night. Now today I need to do some work on my bedroom and the nursery. There are baby clothes everywhere and I need to put stuff away which I've been putting off because I feel like crap. My best friend is going to come over and help me though which is super sweet of her.
Kellie- 27 & Theo- 28
Fur Babies: Dexter & Emmie
1/5/12- :angel:
2/6/12- :bfp:
EDD: October 20, 2012
It's a GIRL! Our little Hannah Jean
http://apizzaintheoven.blogspot.com/
My TWW FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/kellie.rose.39
FB Page for my Etsy Shop! Please like! http://www.facebook.com/HannahBananaBands?ref=ts
Hannah Jean is here! Born October 4, 2012 at 3:33pm weight 7lbs11oz <3
KellieRose
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:33 am

Charley spamming :)

We are still going great.

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:43 am

Hope you all like the pix :)
My little girl is 3 weeks tomorrow - I can't believe it.. And she's growing so fast already. Still eating and sleeping well, 99% of the time.

After 4 1/2 hrs and 3 phone calls I figured out the online part of my mat leave pay forms, now I just need to send in the paper part and play the waiting game til I start getting paid.

My sisters still sick so I haven't seen much of her. Her and her bf have been working on getting ready for their bubs arrival which is good, but he is planning on going down the coast for a boys weekend next weekend- leaving her home alone, sick and 38 weeks pregnant - gee what a caring bloke.

DP just got home with my dinner. I'm going to eat then feed charley. I'll try to pop back for personals later. I'm thinking of you all and reading all the posts as they come through, just not getting much time to post.
Xxxx

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Gorgeous pics Claire! So glad Charley and you are doing well :D That's a shame about your sister - I'd totally freak-out if I was left ill and alone at 38 weeks pregnant. Hope she gets better soon.

Well, tomorrow is my 1st day officially off-work. I've just ordered a few more sleepsuits and bodysuits as realised I probably need more than I have. Going to take the next few days to try to sort things out in LO's room. Despite the fact I'm not working now I seem to have loads to do. Between my car needing serviced, midwife appointments, antenatal classes and vet visits I'm busy a lot of the time! I'm meeting a friend's new puppy tomorrow though after her dog sadly passed away from lymphoma at 3 years old. It'll be nice to be able to catch up with some friends without being limited to weekends due to work.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Rachel: Officially off work! How does it feel? Trying now to get everything done at home??? Sounds like you will still have a busy schedule! But it's nice that you have some time before LO comes to take care of things at home and catch up with some friends that is important!!!

Claire: Charley is just beautiful!!!! I can not believe she is 3 weeks already!!!!! Glad you got your mat. leave taken care of!!! That's crazy your sisters bf would just leave to go out of town like this when she is so close to her due date!!!! Does she know if she is having a boy or girl?? I don't remember you ever saying anything.

Kellie: How are you feeling?? Sorry you've had so many problems!!! But it will be so worth it when you hold that LO!!! Hope you are feeling better and are able to get a few things done!

Cara: How are you? How is school going? And we would NEVER laugh at you.....have you talked to DH?? Some guys do have a difficult time having sex while pregnant while I guess others like it......maybe he is worried he will hurt you or you will be uncomfortable or maybe he is tired from the new job BUT he's gotta realize you need things too right!!!?!?!?! Well whatever the issue is I hope you guys get it worked out.

AFM: Just wanted to say hi and catch up on personals otherwise it gets away from me. Another dr. appt this afternoon - will be there in an hour or so....interested to see what she says today. It is weird going to the doctor every week!!!! Really makes it real that it could happen anytime!! So I will update tomorrow on what the doctor says today!!

Hope everyone is well!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups