The Babymakers #2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #2

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 am

Oh my word i've missed so much!!

CONGRATULATIONS cara and baby archer - he's adorable!! :wave: as the fellow mom of a 35 week-er i can tell he's doing great, aaron was only 4lbs 1oz in comparison, so skinny, archer looks nice and healthy :D and its great you get to take him home. aaron had a 2 week hospital stay while he caught up his weight. can't wait to see more pics mama!!

SO...i've been MIA as we had to spend an extra day in the capital for my 4D scan - little Lexi was camera shy and hiding her face so they let us try again the next day and FINALLY got some nice pics!! so glad, it was an aweful journey (3.5 hours) and 109 degrees F (43 degrees C) in the capital. unbearable weather, i don't know how people live there, really appreciate being back at the coast with the sea breeze to keep us cool! here's some pics:

Image Image
Image Image

she's 1.2kgs, still about 6 days behind but i hear its usual to vary by a week or so either bigger or smaller. she's just a small baba :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:06 am

Cara - enjoy taking Archer home - that's fantastic news. And i love his hair - so cute!! As Hoping mentioned - if there's any way we can help if you have questions about breastfeeding then we'll do our best. I wasn't sore initially but it got pretty painful before it got better and after the first 3-4 weeks it got easier for me. I think Claire had an easier time of it from what I remember but I'm sure she'll say herself how it was. everyone is different - enjoy your LO.

Claire - Eli is 7 weeks, 8 weeks on Monday.

Emily - great scan pictures - we never managed to get 3d cos he always had his hands in the way!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:23 am

Emily - adorable pics love the cheeky little smile :)

Cara - you both look great :) such a cute little man you've got there! So glad your both doing well. Get some lanolin ointment for your nipples, it works wonders and you don't need to clean it off before feeding. My grandmother potty trained her kids from day 1.. I just can't imagine trying it before they can walk/ talk but if it works for you, go with it.

H0ping- hope everything's going well and your little guy is doing ok after his treatment

Bella - hope little Charlotte is well and behaving for you. Need photo spam :)

Rach - how are you and Eli going these days ?

Eoe - hope you and all your little ones (inside and out) are doing well :)

Afm me n Charley have been busy as usual. We went to a 2 yr olds birthday party and charley got her first party bag with a few toys and Lollies (which dad ate). She got frustrated when the other kids had cake though.. She really wants to eat what everyone else is eating already! We went shopping with my sis and her baby. We went to DP's sound off stereo comp state final - which he won! We reorganized Charley's wardrobe and I did some online study. Today we went on a bush walk and then went and met another newborn baby :) We are planning on going to a mums n bubs movie screening on Monday and we leave for our weekend away next Friday. so busy busy busy

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:27 am

Claire - we're doing well thanks. except Eli has had a cold the past 2 weeks so his nose has been really stuffy and i've been doing my best to clear it. He's happy enough in himself though - just really noisy in his sleep at night. DH is a bit better now and I had a milder version of his horrible cold but that's cleared up now too. I've stopped the antibiotics now too so fingers crossed the infection doesn't come back... I meant to ask - what did you do about your mini-pill in the end? I've been prescribed cerazette but haven't started it yet and I've never taken the mini-pill before.

When do you think you'll start to wean Charley? Official advice here is 6 months but most of my friends weaned from 17 weeks as their babies were actively looking for food. I don't think I'll wait the full 6 months - but we'll see how it goes...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:59 am

Rach - glad to hear your all getting better :) Charley's had a cold the past 2 weeks too but she's happy, just sounds snotty sometimes.
I persevered with the mini pill and after a few emotional days I seem to have leveled out and feel back to normal now so I guess my body was just adjusting. As for weaning, we are starting to introduce pumped breast milk in bottles but she's not liking the bottle very much. I will be supplementing with formula in about a month (so when she's 4 months if not before) and we are already contemplating starting some food with her but will probably hold off on that til she's 4 months as well. I plan on giving her some breast milk and occasional breast feeds til somewhere between 6-12 months depending on my supply of course.
Opinions here seem to be divided on all things feeding related. I've been told by some that she can start solids at 4 months, some say now, and others say not til 6 months. Breast feeding is encouraged til 6-12 months with the first 6 being EBF but it's just not going to be possible as I can't get enough stored for when I go back to 8-9hr days at work. A friend of mines bub is 12 weeks today and has been on formula only for a week or two already.
Probably not much help for you but I just take every suggestion with a grain of salt, seeing as its so different depending who you ask, and every baby's do different too. I wasn't planning on giving charley anything except breast milk til 6 months but she's so interested in food and gets upset that she can't have it already. He will let you know when he's ready for more :) think that's what you've gotta do, just listen to your baby.
Hope that helped a little, I feel like I just rambled on in circles lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:03 am

Rachel - i agree with claire, your baby will let you know when they're ready for food. It may well be different for each baby, i think the '6 month' is just an average to guide you. Aaron started showing an interest around the 5 month mark so we introduced mashed banana mixed with breastmilk for breakfast and went from there - i was planning on EBF til 6 as well but when your baby is ready you'll know it! :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby MASHINKA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Hello ladies, just a quick update, AF hit today, hard. Its okay though, starting fresh.
MASHINKA
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Fx for a positive cycle mash :D
Keep us posted :) sending baby dust your way xx

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 pm

There is loads of media hype here at the moment about how breastfeeding is 'pushed' too much. I agree that we all just have to see what works because every situation and baby is different. I doubt i'll be breastfeeding beyond 6 months... It's funny how advice in different countries varies. Just shows we should listen to ourselves and not anyone else!

Good luck for a new start Mashinka.

It's almost 5am here and we're up feeding. I'll be lucky if ican get him in his cot again - but i'm going to try!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:07 am

Rach hope hes gone back down for you. I co sleep with charley if she's up too early and won't sleep in the cot.

Afm I've been dizzy and nauseated and really sickened by certain smells the past few days and was dtd with DP for 2 weeks before starting my mini pill so I poas just to be sure and it's bfn :) mixed feelings about that but honestly I don't want to be prego again so soon do its good - I want to enjoy charley and adjust to being a working mum first lol DP doesnt want another yet either but he wants to wait longer then I do so part of me was kinda hoping it would just happen lol oh well I'll convince him to ttc again in a year or two. Anyway just had to tell someone I poas coz I didnt want to tell DP and get him freaked out about nothing lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:21 am

Cara - :congrats: on baby Archer. He is absolutely gorgeous! DS3 was born at 35+1 & weighed 6lb & spent 8 days in SCN so Archer sounds like he's doing great!

Claire - I started all my babies on solids at 4mths but like everything with parenting, just do what you think is best

Mash - sorry to hear AF arrived. FX for next cycle.

Emily - cute pics of Lexi! We weren't able to get any when I was pregnant with Charlotte as she had her face buried in the placenta

Hoping & Rachel - hope you are both well

AFM - forgive the short responses as I'm on my phone & feeding Charlotte. Things are pretty hectic here. I'm lucky to find time to eat let alone do anything else hence why I've been mia. DH went back to work today :-( I spent yesterday crying on & off cos I didn't want him to leave. Charlotte is doing well. She would have to be my most demanding baby though! Witching "hour" tends to begin late afternoon & last all the way through till late at night. It makes cooking dinner, eating, cleaning up afterward, showering DS3 & showering myself very hard/stressful. I will put up some more pics when I get a chance to get on the laptop.
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:49 am

Bella - so good to hear from you! :) glad your doin ok. Hopefully Charlottes witching hr settles down to make evenings easier for you soon. I struggle enough to get dinner cooked and eaten, and that's with only one LO and DP is usually home. It amazes me you can find the time to scratch your arse let alone anything else lol. Ppl say girls are the toughest cheeky babies, sounds like its proving true for you.
Looking forward to photo spam when you can :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:09 am

Hi Bella and Claire
Glad for u Claire that it was BFN - it'll be good to feel u can juggle work and a baby before no. 2 comes along. I'm a bit biased though cos i'm sure that's me done having babies now. I was doing natural family planning for 4 yrs but now i'm not willing to take the risk of getting preggo again!

Bella I hope things get easier for you. I don't know how u do it - i'm struggling with 1! We have witching hour from 4am til late morning. I'm hoping things will settle by Xmas. I guess we just have to do what we can and accept chaos to varying degrees for a while!

On the upside - the inlaws are here and I get to escape by removing myself to go feed :) :D
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:22 am

Everyone come join the new thread - we are upto 20 ages here again do time to restart :)

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=230636

Part 3 for us babymakers on the preg/ mumma side :D :D

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby johnmash » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:17 pm

So I was wondering if anyone here had Acne that cleared up while they were pregnant and if so did it stay away after pregnancy?
johnmash

Previous

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups