The Babymakers #2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Clairebear » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Rachel - hope your enjoying not working. Sounds like you need the time at home. I was the same. I stayed at work as long as I could bcos I knew I had so much to do once I finished- it was less busy at work then I was at home lol

Hoping - hope all goes well at your doc - it does feel weird going weekly doesn't it.
My sister is having a girl. And her bf is still an irresponsible selfish asshole. They still haven't got everything ready for LO - they still need things like a cot and car seat!! It makes me so angry that he'll go out of town and spend thousands of dollars in his guys weekend when their LO is so close and still needs so much.

Cara- my sis is having a girl. As for your sex disagreement with DH, I hope you guys can reach a compromise. My poor DP is frustrated at the moment bcos we haven't been able to dtd since 2 nights before Charley was born, and we can't even try for another 3 weeks with my stitches. I must admit I'm getting a bit frustrated by it now too lol

Afm toOk ChArley to meet my colleagues yesterday and then to meet my grandad :) it was great to see everyone and show off my beautiful LO. I finally worked out how to wear my baby sling and got brave enough to try it and we loved it! I felt like she was secure and she fell asleep straight away :)

Gtg now charley needs a nappy change and my phone is low on battery

Hope eoe is well

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby carak21 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Claire-I cannot get over how beautiful Charley is!!! I love it and all the spam :) Glad your sis is having a girl, it will be nice for Charley to have a cousin so close in age. Too bad her bf hasnt grown up yet, hell have a rude awakening when that baby gets here.

Rachel-Glad your at home getting things done. I bet it feels so real now. Ahhh I can't believe I only have 3 more months 8O I feel like it has went so fast.

Hoping-Glad to hear your still doing well. DH is just tired all the time. But I told him how it makes me feel and hes trying really hard to not be so tired all the time. We've actually dtd three times in two days ;) Much happier now. LOL this weekend I was just a bit bitchy I suppose.

Kellie-Hope your doinggood :)

Had a goof day off work today for the so called hurricane we were supposed to get, and we haven't even had a drop of rain. Blah oh well it was a nice paid day off ;) I have 4 showers in the next 4 weeks and my vbs partners gift to be shopped for. Yikes this month is going to go very fast. My next doctors appointment is on the 6th so I'm excited to see Arch again.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Gosh it's very quiet in here - where has everybody gone?! :?:

I hope everyone is doing well. Life can be very busy...

Things are just going so fast here. I've almost had a full week off work already and boy has it gone quickly. I feel a bit more organised than I did this time last week though. Hospital bag is (partially) packed and a lot of things are sorted now in LO's room. DH has taken a day off work today so we'll hopefully have a nice easy day of it.

How's everyone else? I can't believe how many baby showers you have coming up Cara - it's so strange because no-one here really has them! I also can't believe you only have 3 months to go - it will pass very quickly! What is your due date again?

Forgot to mention that we had a scan this week to check growth of the baby and they're estimating he may be close to 8lbs when born - we'll see what happens...! (He's currently about 6lbs according to scan - and that's with me measuring slightly small for dates according to midwife - so it just shows that it's a really rough estimate when they examine you with the tape measure).

Sorry to ramble - just thought I'd get something on this board...

Hi to all!

Rachel
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:17 am

Rachel I was thinking the same thing - its quiet here. I keep checking in to make sure my email alerts are working lol

Charley n I are well- she seems hungrier then usual the past 2 days. But other then that there's not much to report.

We are planning on going to a cracker show tomorro night just out of town. Charley is coming too becos i dont like the idea of leaving her at MILs while we go an hr out of town, so we bought her a set of baby ear muffs so the bangs won't be too loud for her little ears. They'll come in handy for when DP has his stereo comps too.

My poor sister had a repeat doctor visit today after her tests last week. She's got the flu, a uti, and a flare up of her hsv! All that at 38weeks pregnant and stuck at home alone while her bf goes fishing with his dad and his mates.
I want her to come spend the weekend with me but she's refusing incase she gives me or charley her flu. I'm glad but I feel bad for her.
Her and her bf are having trouble with a grown man from his past again too, threatening them and just being a down right immature pain in the butt. They had a confrontation with this guy at the local club last night. I just really worry about get being home alone with all that going on.

Anyway now I'm rambling too rach lol

Where is everyone? Updates please!

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:50 am

Ugh Claire - that's horrible about your sister. Poor thing - I hope she can get some rest and try to get over the flu etc. I feel bad enough at almosdt 36 weeks pregnant without having to cope with other problems too... can only imagine how she feels.

People can be such a pain - why can't they just grow up and stop bothering others... I hope things get sorted out with your sister and her partner.

The cracker show sounds good - it's nice to hear that it is possible to get out and about after LO arrives!

Right, I'm off to have a shower and get ready as going over to a friend's for tea/coffee this morning. Haven't seen her in quite a while and our mums are good friends too so it'll be the 4 of us. Have a good day/night (depending what time it is with you!)
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby aaronsmummy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:21 am

all is well here :D

just had a couple of days where i couldn't post as i spilled coffee on the keyboard and it needed to dry out...luckily it's still working but a few of the keys are still playing up. hope it sorts itself out as i have 3 assignments due next week!

claire - glad all is well with little charley! sorry to hear about your sister...hope things improve for her!

rachel - wow, my son was 4lbs! hard to convert we generally work in kg's here...

cara - exciting for you to see DS again! my appontment will be around the 10th so not long after yours and i'll be finding out what team we are this time!

How's everyone else?!

as for me - excited to book my scan next week. we should be able to be seen then the week after when i'm 20 weeks! i'll let you know the exact date when we've booked! xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:24 am

Hi everyone!!!! I agree - it is quiet in here!!!!

Claire: Glad you and Charley are doing good!!! Sorry to hear your sis is so sick :cry: that is terrible at any time - but expecially when you are pregnant!!!! I hope she starts feeling better soon.

Rachel: Sounds like you are getting a lot done! That is great!!! I wonder why it is that baby showers are not normal where you live. They are so great everyone can celebrate the new LO and of course it helps the mum to be!!!! Hope you are able to continue to get things done at home and enjoy some time with DH & friends before LO comes!!! I understand what you are saying about being measured that it is just a guess. I am measuring pretty far behind and am very small but I also had an extra growth scan last week and things seem alright - LO is measuring small but not terribly behind - will probably just be a small baby. But your LO sounds right on if they are guessing 8lbs!!!!!

Cara: Sounds like you have a busy few weeks coming up with baby showers and such. Little Archer will be spoiled! :D Sounds like lots of fun! And exciting you get to see little Archer again soon!

AFM: Had dr. appt on Tuesday - I am now 4cm dilated 8O and she reminded me again it could be anyday 8O exciting yet nerve racking since we are not quite ready - almost but not quite there. But otherwise I lost some weight again since last week and still measuring quite behind but with my growth scan last week LO was ok - measuring small and on the "low end of the curve" but still ok - so we'll probably just have a small baby which is fine by me! I am now just anxious to meet my LO. Even though I am not "ready" I am ready. My house is not ready but I am ready I guess is what I should say!!! I just wanna meet this LO already!!!! I hope everyone is doing well - its a long weekend for us this weekend (no work on Monday for Labor Day) so we will be working lots on our house & DS gets to move into his new room!!! So it will be a crazy but fun weekend I think. DS got a new bed and I want to pick up some new stuff to hang on his walls for his new room so I think he will be excited. And then he starts school on Tuesday!

Hope everyone is well and hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby KellieRose » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:11 am

hoping- 4cm!? How exciting! Def gonna be anytime now for you!

Emily- Can't wait to hear what you are having!

Claire- Ughh I really feel for your sister! Esepcially since I'm experiencing a lot at the same time too. I have ear infections in both ears, a yeast infection, AND hemorrhoids. It's just lovely, let me tell you. Oh and love all the pics, as usual :)

Rachel- I feel like everytime they measure me or I get a scan they tell me the results but always mention how off they can be. Like, I was a little taken aback when at 31 weeks they told me she is measuring 4lbs9oz...which is kinda big! But besides that she has been measuring very average. Ehhh, don't know how much I trust ANY of their measuring methods this late in pregnancy.

Cara- I'm doing OK here! Just counting down the days until it is OVER lol

AFM: Just still really been struggling with this pregnancy. It makes me feel like such a bad mommy to hate being pregnant so much :( I want to be able to have more than one child but I honestly don't know if I could go through this again. Truly never been more miserable. And it has nothing to do with how I look pregnant or any of that....it's just the amount of pain I am feeling everyday. I REALLY hope it's all true like everyone says, that when my baby comes I will forget how hard it all was. That would be great! lol
Kellie- 27 & Theo- 28
Fur Babies: Dexter & Emmie
1/5/12- :angel:
2/6/12- :bfp:
EDD: October 20, 2012
It's a GIRL! Our little Hannah Jean
http://apizzaintheoven.blogspot.com/
My TWW FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/kellie.rose.39
FB Page for my Etsy Shop! Please like! http://www.facebook.com/HannahBananaBands?ref=ts
Hannah Jean is here! Born October 4, 2012 at 3:33pm weight 7lbs11oz <3
KellieRose
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:25 am

Kellie - I know exactly what you're saying about not being sure if you could go through this pregnancy process again. I have had an uncomplicated pregnancy so far and I'm still struggling with the back pain and sleepless nights. I just wanted to say that i'm an only child and I've always been happy with that. I may never have any more after this LO.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Wow, I didn't realize I missed so much. I haven't gotten any emails :(

Rachel-so happy your getting things done. Only a few more weeks now. Have you figure out a name or are you just waiting for him to be here? Yes I do have quite a bit of baby showers to attend this month and then my own next month. Ahh it's crazy it's getting so close. I love it though every bit. I wonder why showers aren't very popular there....hmmm.

Claire-sorry didnt mean to be so quiet jus didn't think anyone was chatting, oops. I hope your sis starts to feel better that stinks she is so sick. I hope you have fun at the cracker show, take pictures it's Charley's first :)

Hoping-eeeekkk 4 cm how exciting. Your getting so close! I give you until Tuesday and LO will be coming. Get everything done as much as you can. I hope Ds likes his new room. I always loved getting a new beset for my room and such.

Kellie-I'm sorry your pregnancy has been so hard on you. I know right not your thinking you dot want to go thought it all again but after Hannah is here you will be overjoyed and then as she gets older youll missing and want to try again :) and next time the pregnancy will be easy. I feel very blessed to have had it so easy. I know next time will have to be miserable.

Afm- exhausted today. It's a holiday weekend so no work on Monday ;) I've got to get dh on the ball with fixing the babies room, we don't have that much time left. We have everything except the room lol. I just got done shopping for my million showers and it wa fun shoppig for three girls and one boy. It's harder for me to buy for boys because I want everything I buy. So I just bought some of the same stuff I have. Archers movemts are getting a little stronger and you can see him from the outside but he's a little punk because when I lift my shirt for others to watch he stops! Then as soon as I out it down he's back at it again. He only moves for mommy and daddy :) I hope we are going to take the big boat out in the bay this weekend, but fuel is getting so expensive I don't know if we will be able to. Anyway, I'll finish up now. I need to post a new pic...I've grown in two days lol. Sunday I'll be 25 weeks and I'll update. Have a good weekend ladies.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:45 pm

Haven't got a name figured out yet Cara. We're hoping to have a shortlist by the time I go into hospital, and then when LO's here we'll see what suits him best. That's the plan anyway - we'll see how well it goes...

Ugh, I've woken up in such a bad mood this morning :mad: I've just been sleeping so badly and last night was worse than the previous - with my sore back bugging me and unable to get into a comfy position to sleep! I've tried all sorts of support pillows without much success. Oh well, headache this morning then...! I don't know how much longer I can do this for :!:

If anyone has any tips about sleeping then please feel free to share them!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:11 am

i'll catch up with personals again after my assignments are in monday tuesday...for now here's a little something i got excited about, I CAN SEE MY BUMP!! :D
19 weeks tomorrow, xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:30 am

Exciting Emily - go BUMP, go BUMP!!

Rachel
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi ladies

Just a quick update, I'm really tired

Didnt end up taking Charley to the crackers :(
DP was Really worried about it Being too scary for her so I caved and agreed to take her to MILs. We ended up having to leave about half way thru the show bcos we had to be back in town in time for Charleys next feed. MIL gave her a bath and then Charley slept the rest of the time.

Last night Charley kicked my iPhone out of my hand and it hit her in the head. I cried more then she did, but my poor baby! DP spent the rest of the night trying to convince me baby's are tougher then youd think. And she really is fine, she fell asleep 5 mins after it happened but I still feel awful. :$

Cara - lookin forward to your pic

Emily - look at that, it's a bump! I'm jealous, I was massive by 19 weeks

Rachel- your allowed cranky days, but i hope your feeling better now. Sorry to hear your not sleeping well. I got a new firmer pillow for my head and just used regular old pillows between my knees and under or behind my back. I usually sleep on my left side but I found sleeping on my right much easier when I was bigger (even tho they recommend sleeping on the left, it was right or nothing some nights)
I wanted a wedge pillow to support my stomach but I never ended up finding one.

Kellie - sorry to hear your not enjoying your pregnancy, sounds like you've got a lot of the crap bits going on but it will all be worth it!
I decided during labour that anyone who had more then 1 baby was completely insane - but already now less then a month later I'm certain I'll be ttc to have a second bub in a few years time.
They are amazing!!
Ive always wanted 2, DP wants 3 but I'm still not convinced lol
But if you've always wanted more then 1 then I'm sure you'll decide to ttc and go thru it all again, and if you decide 1 is enough, there's certainly nothing wrong with that either!

Bella and hoping where r u?

If I forgot anyone sorry but I hope your well. Forgive me I'm tired

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:28 am

4 weeks and our secOnd walk to the local corner store

Compared to 1 day old

It's amazing how fast they grow!

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted