The Babymakers #2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #2

Postby aaronsmummy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:34 am

sorry for my lack of contribution lately, still busy with revision :( just wanted to say what lovely photos you have rachel of you and baby Eli!! i'll be back soon for a proper catch up...just been such a busy bee between DS, revision, exams, doctors (next monthly checkup is thursday), and organising our new car.

life's good though, busy but good, catch up soon ladies - hope you're all keeping well :D xxx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:10 am

Emily- good to hear all is well with you. Don't worry about not posting much, life gets busy sometimes - we all understand that :)

Afm - just did major spamming in our photo thread. As I said charley n I had a big weekend out n about socializing and exercising, enjoying the lovely spring weather. Friday night was the BBQ with my Sis and tahlia, Saturday was bush walking and BBQ at home with friends. Sunday DP, charley n I rested in the morning and went out for a late lunch in town and had an early night. Charley's been going to bed earlier the past few days I moved her last night feed forward as she was sleeping past 10am with her midnight feed! So bedtime Feed is now between 10-11 depending on how fussy she's feeling, and breakfast is about 8-9 it's amazing but it seems to be working. If she keeps doing well with such a long sleep I'll move bedtime forward again so she's up at 7 as that's where I need her to be for when I go back to work. Anyway it's now 1 am here, poor DP had to drive interstate for work this evening so I've been waiting up to get a call from him once he arrives at his destination, so I have some idea of when to expect him home, but if he doesn't call soon I'm just going to sleep.
Night ladies x

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:04 pm

hoping - still feeling very tired but have had some trouble sleeping. I probably won't sleep well this week either seen as though I have so much going on. I hope you were able to enjoy the nice weather! Its been really hot here lately. You'd think it was summer already. Wow I can't believe Kyle is 7wks old already 8O That has gone so fast!!!

Mashinka - sorry your OPK's didn't get any darker. I really hope O isn't too far away for you!!

Rachel - sorry to hear that Eli isn't giving you much of a break. Maybe you could look at topping him up with a little bit of formula after a breastfeed to see if that helps keep him settled for a bit longer. Does he have a pacifier? Absolutely love the pics of him!! He is so cute and love his hair!!! :D

Claire - I'll definitely keep you all posted on Charlotte's upcoming arrival. I can't wait :D Sounds like you've been super busy. Hopefully Charley's wake time is easy to adjust for you. I hope your DP arrived home safely!!

Emily - good luck with all your exams!! Look forward to hearing an update when its all over :)

AFM - DH left for work today. I'm going to be busy over the next few days and I'm tired just thinking about it!! I have my scan tomorrow, Friday I'm meeting with a student midwife who wants to follow my birth for experience, Saturday night I have my friend's 30th birthday bash, Monday I see my OB to set an induction date, Tuesday my sons scouts group is celebrating halloween and Wednesday DH gets home and I may well be induced that day or the next. I kind of just want Monday to hurry up so we have a date set already. I'm excited to see Charlotte tomorrow and a little nervous to see her guesstimated weight :| I don't have little babies :lol2:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Bella- thanx darl. DP arrived at his destination at 1:30am and home again at 6:00am - only to have to start work again at 8! He's only got a 1/2 day tOday tho do expecting him home again soon. I think I'm having more trouble then charley adjusting to the new sleep routine - I've gotta remember how to sleep before 2 am.
Anyway stay cool - literally- must be hard for DH to go when everything's so close.
I'll b excited to kno how big they guesstimate Charlotte for you., no one ever mentioned Charley's size to me when I was pregnant but I would have been interested to know.
Anyway DP's home so I'll catch up later

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:23 am

Hi ladies!

Rachel: Thanks for the pics of Eli!! He is beautiful!!! I love his hair!!! As far as breastfeeding I think you need to do what you are comfortable with. If you want to wait awhile before trying formula if his sleep is not better that is up to you. I think I would have tried to exclusive breast feed longer if I didn't have DS1 and wasn't working part time during my leave - but I needed a little sleep!!! And I was going through the same things you are - kyle seemed to want to eat all the time and was not sleeping well at all.

Claire: Sounds like you and Charley are keeping busy busy busy!!! Glad things are going well!

Bella: I forget where you are it is almost summer - here it is almost winter!!! Kyle and I did enjoy the weather on Monday. We took the puppy for a walk and then I raked a good part of our yard while Kyle slept in his stroller :D by this weekend it's going to be cool so it was nice to have a nice day or two before the cold weather starts!!!! Keep us updated on your appointments!! I am excited to welcome another babymakers baby!!!!! How big do you think she is???

EOE: HI!! Hope you are well

AFM: Thought I would post quickly while Kyle is sleeping.....I will be going back to work on Monday November 19th - Kyle will be 11 weeks old that day......part of me would have loved to take more time off but I feel bad leaving most of the work to my boss (even though he seems fine with it) but I am glad I am able to take more than the 6 weeks I thought I was going to take off (thanks to my wonderful boss!!!!!!) I was able to get the daycare situation worked out thank goodness - the daycare I wanted Kyle to attend will have a spot for him by the 19th so we are all set!!! Now mama just has to prepare herself to leave little Kyle there and be away all day!!!!!!! :( Otherwise not much else to report - just gonna enjoy the last few weeks off!!!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Claire - glad to hear your DP made it home safely. I hope he was able to get some sleep!!

hoping - glad you were able to enjoy some nice weather! :) I think she's going to be 8lb something. DH thinks she's going to be 9lb 8O which mortifies me that he thinks I look that big :lol2:
So happy to hear that you were able to get Kyle into the daycare you wanted! I hope the transition back to work is a smooth one for you. Enjoy the next few weeks at home :D

My scan is this afternoon and I can't wait :D DS3 has conjunctivitis at the moment :( Poor thing woke up with his eyes stuck shut so off to get some eye drops for him. Hopefully it clears up soon!
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:00 pm

H0ping - glad the work/ daycare situation worked out the way you wanted it :) enjoy the extra weeks off :)

Bella - so excited for your scan :) I'm sure DH doesn't think you look that big n is just going by your history of big bubs :) and who cares how big u are anyway!! You're almost full term with your baby girl! :) plus I was MASSIVE and charley was 7 pound 13 - rather average lol.
Hope ds3 gets better quick. I can remember getting conjunctivitis as a child, not fun.
DP got to sleep at 2pm yesterday, woke at 9:00 for dinner then fell asleep again by 11:30 and is still asleep now at 11:00 am - poor bugger.

Afm we are planning a weekend down the coast in a few weeks time. Im so excited! :D haven't been out of town overnight for over 5 years!
The place we are going is beautiful and so much fun! Haven't been there since I was little! They've got a theme park and games arcade and mini golf as well as a beautiful beach and of course a pool at the hotel and a spa in the room! Charley's a bit little for most of it but there's a few things she can come on with us and the rest DP n I can take turns at cuddles and rides :) :) :) we will be so broke after it but it'll b worth it. Charleys first family holiday :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Stalking for Bella's update

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:32 am

Sorry for the late update. I got stuck in traffic then had to pick up my older 2, then come home and cook dinner and start showers etc. Finally got a couple of spare minutes!

So Charlotte is measuring at approx 7lb 11oz (3477g). She said ultrasound weight estimates are usually give or take 500g. So she's a healthy sized baby girl in there. It was great to see her again. Although its all so squished in there :lol2: Her head is right down against my cervix but we got a quick glimpse of her face and she even opened her mouth. She has chubby cheeks and everything. Was very funny to see! They did a transvaginal u/s as well to make sure the placenta was no longer covering my cervix, which it isn't :yay: It stirred things up for a little while and I was getting irregular contractions and pressure all the way home. Lets just say it is fricking hard to time contractions and concentrate on driving through peak hour traffic :lol2: They seem to have died off now though so don't think it will eventuate to anything, bugger.
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:52 am

Yay Bella glad all is well. Charlotte is going to hang in there til DH gets back.
When is the appt to decide on induction?

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:55 am

Bella: Sounds like you have a nice healthy girl growing there!!! When is your induction date do you know yet??? And I agree with Claire I am sure DH doesn't think your that big - probably just guessing based on previous kids weight!!! I can not wait to see little Charlotte!!! How is DS3 feeling???? My DS1 was just home sick also - had to keep him & Kyle apart all day - which thankfully wasn't too bad with DS1 being so much older but we had a few rough times when they both needed me and I had to chose which one to go to first!!!! That was not a nice feeling - it's times like that I have a hard time imagining if DS1 was closer in age to Kyle but I am sure it's like anything you just do the best you can!!!!

Claire: Your trip sounds nice!! I can't wait to see pics of the first family trip!! How sweet!!!

AFM: Was just looking for Bella's update!!! Nothing exciting happening here.

I hope the rest of our babymaker ladies are doing ok - we miss you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Claire - yay for planning a family holiday!! How exciting :D

hoping - I hope your DS1 is better now! It would definitely be hard to keep them apart so they don't spread their germs. DS3 isn't too bad. Still got yucky eyes but not as bad. Its hell trying to put eye drops in his eyes though, especially trying to pin him down on my own AND put the drops in :roll:

I see my OB again on Monday to set an induction date :D I will be pushing for Wednesday or Thursday. I am so bloody exhausted right now!! I've been out all day and then rushing round trying to sort things here at home. The house is a pigsty but I just have to leave it till tomorrow cos I have no energy :cry: I only just remembered that my OB wanted me to get more blood tests before my next appt and all the labs close to me are closed so I'll have to do it tomorrow morning. I was hoping not to have to leave the house :cry: Then I remembered its also my friends 30th birthday party tomorrow night :doh: I want this week to be over already.
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Oh my goodness ladies I've missed soooo much!!!! I'm so sorry! This site is a pain in the butt to access from my phone that I rarely want to post.

Bella-i can't believe it's time for Charlotte to be here!!! I'm so excited to meet the 5th BabyMakers baby :)

Claire-yay your vacation sounds amazing!!! I love getting away! I also love how your taking and doing all this stuff with charley. It's amazing :) you girls have a wonderful bond and I can't wait to meety little man.

Hoping-you'll have to excuse my horrible pregnancy brain, I'm sure everything is going wonderful for you. I can't believe you will be going back to work soon but so happy that you got in to the day are of your choice. Daycare is very important and I put archer on the waiti list back in June. He has a spot in January but probably will not be starting until march. But I also work for this company just a different location so they will hold my spot.

Rachel-I hope things are well with Eli and he is breast feeding better now!!

Kellie-how's Hannah?

I'm sorry I've been such a bad buddy! I have sooo much to do and do not feel like I have any time to do it. Dh just finished building the nursery and we laid the carpet tonight! It looks wonderful and I will start decorating tomorrow :) I've got to get started on deep cleaning the house but once I get the nursery done I will feel much better about everything being ready and I'll have time to focus on cleaning. I'm almost done Christmas shopping!!! Yay! Just have to buy for my nephew and a few more things for my stepson. I've had all of my showers now an pretty much have everything thing I need aside from the baby. We had our family maternity shoot last Sunday am I got a preview of some of the pics. I'll attach them at the bottom, they turned out great. I'm still feeling good and enjoying this pregnancy but the bad stuff is coming. Last night was my first night of horrible sleep :( my stomach hurt along with my back. I've been having menstrul like cramps since last Sunday and it kind of bugs me. I had one night of really bad BH contractions but since that night they have calmed a lot. Archer did not cooperate for his 3d u/s so we are getting another on Thursday. Well see how he acts this time :) I'm getting in stress mode and wanting things done...with only around 5 weeks left its getting down to the nitty gritty. I've made my birth plan and I'm worrying if I made all the right choices. So anyway, that's my life in a nutshell. Here are a few pics from sunday.
ImageImageImage
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KellieRose » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi ladies, just stopping in to let you know I haven't forgotten about all of you! Miss Hannah is just running me ragged right now and I have to admit that I am still really struggling with my PPD....Only been on my meds for about a week and I know they take a few to kick in. I'm hoping soon because I have been feeling so incredibly helpless lately. I love this little girl so much and want to be the best Mommy possible but I am so not myself right now...
Kellie- 27 & Theo- 28
Fur Babies: Dexter & Emmie
1/5/12- :angel:
2/6/12- :bfp:
EDD: October 20, 2012
It's a GIRL! Our little Hannah Jean
http://apizzaintheoven.blogspot.com/
My TWW FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/kellie.rose.39
FB Page for my Etsy Shop! Please like! http://www.facebook.com/HannahBananaBands?ref=ts
Hannah Jean is here! Born October 4, 2012 at 3:33pm weight 7lbs11oz <3
KellieRose
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:37 am

Bella: Thank you, DS1 is feeling much better now!!! I am so excited to know when we will get to meet little Charlotte!!! Only a few more days to go.....are you ready? nervous? excited? how are your boys feeling about this - are the older 2 excited?????

CARA!!!!!! I missed you!!! I love the pics!!! I am sure the rest are just as wonderful!!! That is really the only thing I did not get to do - was maternity pics. I was going to do them in September but Kyle didn't give us a chance lol!!!! I was so small through my pregnancy that I didn't want to do them until I had at least a little belly and the week before Kyle was born a few people commented that I was "finally showing" so I made an appointment and then Kyle was born!!! :D 8O But yours look great. I am glad you got your nursery finished and Christmas shopping!! Wow!! But I suppose with when Archer is due you don't want to have to worry about doing Christmas shopping!!!!! I can't wait to see pics of your nursery. I can't believe only 5 more weeks until we get to meet Archer!!! Wow!! How are you feeling? I can't wait to see that sweet little boy!!!!!! Well good to hear from you!!!!

Kellie: Sorry to hear you are still struggling with your PPD.....hopefully your meds start working soon - I know it sucks those things take a little time to kick in!!! But I am sure you are doing just great with Hannah!!! Good to hear from you though!!!!

EOE: Hi!!! Just popping in for a minute while Kyle is sleeping - he had a bit of a rough night last night - his little nose seems stuffy :(

Hope everyone is well!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups