The Babymakers #2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #2

Postby BellaM » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 am

Our beautiful baby Charlotte arrived at 2:41pm this afternoon! She is 8lb (3635g) & 20in (51cm) long. The labour was so incredibly quick that NO ONE was prepared. I will update with the full story & pics when I'm home or when I am in front of my laptop :D
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:20 am

Yay!! Congrats Bella!!! Your right you don't have small babies! :) glad you had a quick labour! Mine took the staff by surprise too! Can't wait to hear more and see pix

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:50 am

Congrats Bella - yay!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 am

Claire - the 90 minute NAPS plan stands for nap, add 90 minutes, play/feed/diaper / soothe to sleep.
It's basically saying that babies naturally follow a 90 minute pattern when they are awake. After 90 minutes they are at their least alert and most likely to go to sleep. The author thinks a lot of babies are chronically sleep-deprived now and recommends trying to get them to nap/sleep 90 minutes after they last woke up no matter how long they have slept. It has really been helping me because Eli doesn't naturally go to sleep when he's tired - he gets grumpy and I thought this was colic/wind before i tried the plan. Turns out he is overtired and I was missing times when he was tired because he seemed so wide-eyed and alert. My only problem now is how to soothe him to sleep. He's ok at night as he seems to be naturally more sleepy then and easier to soothe, but during the day he gets really fussy and other than the pram or using a pacifier and walking around with him in a sling, I'm finding it hard to get him over to sleep! He will fall asleep on me but wants to nibble away at my boobs which just makes me really sore so I'm trying not to do that if I can. The hairdryer also helps! Rocking him doesn't seem to help very much. if you have any tips feel free to share with me!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:56 am

Rach - I've found this site useful, they send you newsletters and have quite a few free information ebooks on all topics related to sleep http://www.babysleepsite.com/free-baby-nap-guide/
Charley usually falls asleep on the breast but I can usually swaddle her tight when she's tired and put her to bed in her cot, with the curtains closed ( most of the way, I don't shut them completely as she seems to know night from day and I don't like to mess with her accurate perceptions.. But earlier on I had them completely closed) and I have a white noise ap on my phone which I put on if she is still unsettled. I then leave the room and listen for her on the monitor. She has distinctly different fussing noise to her distressed/ needy noise so if she fusses a little I tend not to go in for a few mins and by the time I do go in to check her, she is usually asleep. Of course if it's the in need/ distressed cry I go immediately and pat her on the bum to try and settle her, when she's calm again i attempt leaving again which is usually successful.

Charley's naps are usually only 30-60 mins excluding her first morning nap which averages about 1 1/2- 2 1/2hrs and on rare occasions reaches 3-4 hrs. I also allow her to wake herself, if she's oversleeping I open the curtains and door and put some music on. She seems to wake up smiling this way :) though I did used to wake her when she was Eli's age. Id start by gettin ready for nappy change, and even start changing it while she was asleep. Then as soon as nappy was changed shed go on the boob, then play, nappy, feed, nap.

Remember no 2 babies are the same and I can only go by what's worked for charley.
And she has amazed many people with her good sleep from the day she was born so she's much easier to get down for sleep then the majority of babies.

My sister has to double or triple feed before getting any good amount of sleep with her 5 week old bub.
By double feed I mean feed til she's falling asleep, then wake ( by changing nappy or position or breast ) and feed again til sleepy or sleeping. I had to double feed charley in the beginning coz she was always so snuggle she just went to sleep before she was actually full.

Anyway I recommend checking out the site above and at least getting all the free stuff they offer. That's all I needed and more.
Anyway its 3 am here now and im not sure why I'm awake cos Charley's been sleeping since midnight ( she was up late bcos we had a Bon fire with a mate) so im off to sleep now. Best of luck. Hope this helps you

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby MASHINKA » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:47 pm

:lurk: BELLA!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! IM LURKING =)
MASHINKA
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:34 am

Yay Bella!!! Congrats on sweet Charlotte, I cannot wait to see her beautiful face :)

Claire-glad your keepin yourself busy on the weekends. It tends to make them go by faster but much more fun. I can only hope archer sleeps as well as charley but it's ok if he doesn't well get into a good schedule at least by 2 months.

Rachel-I'm glad you have finally found something that is working for you and Eli. Hopefully it continues to work and you can start getting longer periods of sleep time. I think it is mainly an age thing and once he gets a little older and he realize he is full and won't need as much milk from you.

Afm-had a lonnnngg week. I went to the doctor on Thursday and was up 11 lbs in two weeks!!! I was freaking out needless to say. So now I've gained a total of 32 lbs lol. Maybe it will slow down a bit for me now. Anyway, the dr did a check and I was still closed firm and long so I'm guessing nothing is going on down there thank goodness. I want daddy to make it home before the baby comes. We tried once again for the 3d but he was not having it, he was pushed against the uterine wall and was smushed but I still saw a little of his cute face! Last night me and some girlfriends went out to a Halloween party and it was a good time, I danced all night long. I love to dance ;) but today is going to be a cleaning day for me. I've got to get the fridge cleaned out and the floors vacuumed and my cars cleaned. But that is really all I have left to do and that makes me happy!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BellaM » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks ladies :D She is absolutely perfect! We were discharged home yesterday afternoon. Here is my birth story for you all to read and I will come back to post pics when I can!

I went to the hospital at 6am for the induction process to begin. Got hooked up the monitors, went through paperwork with the midwife etc and then at 7am my OB put the first lot of gel in. My cervix was long at this stage. I stayed on the monitor for a further 30mins and then DH and I went for a walk around the hospital and went to the cafeteria for something to eat. Went back to our room and the midwife was doing 30min obs on bub and then hourly obs. DH had a sleep on the recliner, I read a book hoping to kill time. I got up and bounced on the bouncy ball in the hope of it doing something, anything We had some lunch and then I got changed into the hospital gown cos my OB was coming at 1pm to check my cervix. She arrived at about 1:10pm and I was absolutely devastated when she said I had made no progress AT ALL :x So she put another lot of gel in and I was put back on the monitors and she said she'd check me again at 7pm. I was beyond annoyed!! DH and I whinged to each other about having to kill time for another 6hrs before getting checked again. Then at 1:41pm I started getting a few contractions but they were irregular so I just thought it was because she'd stirred things up in there with the gel. I was dying to get off the bed and move around but couldn't because of the monitors. Finally at about 2:10pm the midwife came and took the monitors off and I got up and walked around the room, leaning on the bed whenever a contraction came. I went to the toilet and found it helpful standing up and leaning against the rail in the bathroom whenever a contraction came. The midwife said to hop in the shower and it might help to break my waters naturally so I stripped off and DH came in to hold the shower head on me. I was still standing and holding onto the rail for dear life whenever I got contraction. DH started timing them as it was feeling like they were coming really close together. I buzzed for the midwife cos I was in too much pain and wanted some relief. I asked her for pethidine and she said she'd go and get it. DH told her that my contractions were starting to come every 2mins and she just said that it was the gel. So she went off the get the pethidine. I started getting really nauseous which is how I felt right before I needed to push with DS3. All of a sudden my water broke and I let out a massive groan. The midwife came running in and I could feel the baby's head starting to come out. At this stage I'm still standing in the shower hanging onto the rail. She told my DH to push the staff assist button and next minute there was about 8 other midwives in the room running around getting everything ready while my midwife was pushing the baby's head back in and telling me to get back to the bed. I finally got the courage to let go of the rail and start walking, my legs were shaking really bad, I was soaking wet and had my midwife with her hand between my legs keeping the baby's head in. I threw myself on the bed and the midwife said I could push. I pushed her head out in one go and I remember the midwife yelling "theres a hand". The baby had her hand pressed against her face so I was told to pant through the contractions so she could push the baby's hand back. Then she said push and with the next push the baby's body was out and our little princess was placed on my chest. I was so shocked. It just seemed to happen so quickly! My OB didn't even have time to get downstairs to the delivery. I didn't get my drugs either so was 100% drug-free birth :D
Charlotte Aubree Lucy was born at 2:41pm and weighed 8lb and was 20in long. She is absolutely perfect and such a good girl for not making her mumma suffer through a long labour as I had dreaded after my 1pm check :lol2:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Awww congrats Bella!!! So happy to read that you had such a wonderful birth :) I bet she is gorgeous!!!!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:19 pm

Congrats Bella so glad to hear it was a fast delivery cant wait to see her

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby MelBelle » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi, ladies! I promised to stop back in when my baby arrived, and well... He's here! I was induced this past Wednesday at 37 weeks, after starting to leak fluid on Saturday night. It took 40 hours of labor (not to scare anyone!) and a vacuum assist, but Emmett arrived November 2nd at 8:54am. He weighed 7 lbs 11 oz. We're hoping to get to go home tomorrow morning, and I'll post a pic then. I'm still recovering, but doing well.

Hope all's well with you gals, too! I can't access the TTC side, so if someone could let the gals know, that would be terrific.
Me: 33
DH: 33
TTC #1 since Dec 2011
Chemical - Jan 2012
BFP - Mar 10, 2012
It's a boy! :babyb:

MelBelle

Postby Clairebear » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Congrats Mel!!! Can't wait to see some pix :) so glad to hear all is well with you and your little Emmett :D :D

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:44 am

Cara - glAd to hear you've gotten what you needed done :) it's such a good feeling isn't it :D

Bella and Mel - hope you and your beautiful new bubs are going well!! :D
Bella - how are the boys now that Charlotte has arrived ?
Mel - I'd love to hear more from you, if and when you can

Rachel - how is everything going ? Had any luck finding a way to settle your little man to sleep?

Kellie - feeling any better yet hunni ? How's miss Hannah going ?

Hoping - how are you going with managing work/ life balance?

Eoe - would love to hear from you all! I'm talkin to myself here lol

Afm just did major spamming on photo thread!
I've started pumping BM for Charley to have 1 bottle a day just so she gets used to bottle feeds too for when i go back to work and so I can go out and have a night on the town with my friends.
Charley's just falling asleep so Iv gotta go get her into bed.
Night all

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:05 am

Charley's 1/4 of a year old today! Happy 3 months to my baby girl! :D :D :D
And for her 1/4 birthday she got.... Her first cold! :-( poor Bubbas all snuffley

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby MASHINKA » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Hello Babymakers! Just popping in to say hello. I finally ovulated! 34 days post MC, but it was blazing positive! However I have very low post O temps. IDK. Anyway just saying hello and congratulations to all the new Mommies!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!
MASHINKA
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups