The Babymakers #2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #2

Postby Clairebear » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Omg congrats to cara and archer!!!
Hope your both doing well!

Will be stalking

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Check the Dec. boards for an adorable pic of Archer!!!!! I can't believe we have another babymakers baby!! I thought we'd have to wait another week or two at least!!!!!!

Congrats again to Cara he's beautiful!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:04 pm

hoping I'm so sorry to hear your news about Kyle. I hope that his treatment is straightforward and easy because you already have experience of dealing with this disorder. Will you know soon how he is responding or is it something that will take some time? No wonder you haven't been posting much. I'll be thinking of you.

breastfeeding is actually going ok for me! Eli is doing well but is colicky every night from 4am onwards. I hope that will settle down in next few weeks...

I'm going to check out the december boards now!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:07 pm

H0ping - sorry to hear kyle has the same health issue as ds1. As you say though at least you know what to expect with him and what to do. Sorry to hear its genetic, does that mean for certain that if you tried for LO3 that the baby would have it too or is it 50/50 like it was for Kyle? Either way you have 2 beautiful sons :) that I know you love to pieces :)
I am glad to hear that Kyle is happy, smiling and laughing :D

I saw the pic of archer in the dec ddc - so adorable! So tiny :) hope he's doing well.
Can't wait to hear from mumma cara :D

Rach - glad to hear bf is going well! :) hope the 4am witching hr resolves soon

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi Claire. Meant to say Charley sounds adorable at 3 months! Eli has started smiling a lot more this week which is nice. He also slept 7 til midnight last night! As a result i've been feeling better inmyself with some more sleep.

Huge congrats to Cara
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:19 pm

w ell witching hr started at 230am today but its now 315 and he is back in his cot so I am going to try to sleep again before 4...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi ladies!! Thank you for all the thoughts and congratulations.

The story starts with my husband being gone since October 31st. He finally got home Sunday, November 11th around 8 in the morning, so of course we had sex. It had been a long 12 days so the sex was pretty intense (I guess that's a good word lol). Well about three hours later I started bleeding. I thought it was my mucus plug but I really think it was my lining thinning out. But as you know they let me go saying he shouldn't be here for another couple of weeks. Well we went home everything was hunky dory and I slept fabulous. At 6:30 am on Monday, November 12th I woke up to pee and felt a small gush. I didn't really know what it was but just went back to bed. Then I felt another gush that leaked through my pad and into the bed. I was almost positive it was my water, but as a FTM, I really didn't have a clue. Then the contractions started. Now the night before they had felt like stronger back menstrual cramps, but today I could tell the difference. They didn't hurt really bad at first but I had to breathe through them. But they kept getting worse. So I didn't want to wake dh for a false alarm so I got in the tub and tried to relax for a good hour. The contractions did not stop or slow down, if anything they got more intense. At that time I started timing them and they were coming every 3-4 minutes and lasting about 40 seconds. Then I started noticing when the gushes were coming out, there was pink tinged blood too. So at that point I knew we had to go. I woke dh up at 730 and told him we needed to go. He got up and took a shower and I packed my bag just in case. We finally got to the hospital around 830 in the morning and they took me right back. When I finally got hooked up the nurse checked me and said well your at a 2 but your contractions are pretty close together so you may stay or may not, let's wait for the dr. She also said your drs fingers are bigger so he may not consider you at 2 cm. so already at that point I had dilated since the night before. The dr came about an hour later and did a check I was 2 cm but 100% effaced! So I was definitely having a baby today!! I was in a ton of pain, I don't even know how to describe it but it did not feel good. Pretty much all I can say is, it hurt. But Casey(DH) was a great sport and rubbed my back and let me squeeze his hand til it was numb during each other. By this time they were coming very regular about every 1-2 minutes. I wanted relief, I didn't care what kind just something to help. They went ahead and set up the epidural and had him coming up. He got there around 1030 and got started. It was not bad at all. The worst part was him feeling around on my spine to try and find the right spot. The numbing needle was nothing and finally when it started working I got instant relief. I had the tingling, your foots asleep feeling in my legs but I was still able to move them around to get comfortable. The nurse came in at 1130 to put my catheter in and checked me, I was only at a 3. So I thought for sure I'd be there awhile. I couldn't feel my contractions but looking at the monitor it looked like they had slowed down drastically! We had smooth sailing and were cutting up watching tv til around 230. The nurse checked me again and said, " I think we need the doctor his head is right there and she's at a 9!" so I started freaking calling everyone, crying, I was soo nervous for what was to come, yet I was excited. It was just all so surreal like I'm really about to have a baby. Plus I told my mom i would call her when i got to 6 so she wouldnt miss it, and i was sad she wouldnt make it in timee. The nurse wanted to do some trial pushes so they set my epi back a little so I could feel when to push and I think that helped a lot. Did about two practice pushes with 3 10 second sets each time. That was tough but I did it :) then the doctor came in and got dressed and prepped for the baby. We pushed a couple sets and his head just would not come out. The doctor had to use the vacuum assist but I'm grateful for that because he really would not come out! So a couple more sets and he finally came out :) It was beyond amazing. He looked so fat. I was scared at first because he was gurgling when he came out and it seemed like they took forever to clean out his mouth but they did and he screamed wonderfully. Everyone worked hard to get him cleaned up and they handed him to me while they were putting my stitch in(first degree tear, not bad at all!!) but he was grunting and they wanted him to cry and he wasn't. They were worried so I told them to do whatever to make him cry, I want him healthy. So daddy took him to the nursery and that's when they realized his oxygen wasn't great. Archer Beau was born at 3:04 pm on 11-12-12 at just 35 weeks 1 day weighing in at a whopping 5 lbs 12 ozs and 18 inches long ;) he's perfect with a head full of dark black hair. I haven't got to hold him yet because they are monitoring his oxygen levels for the first day. They started weaning him off the oxygen and he is doing wonderfully! The nurse just called at 10:30 and said he is officially off of the oxygen doing great. They are going to bathe him and then bring him in to nurse but he can't stay the night with me tonight because they still have to monitor him to make sure he's not going to go into distress with his lungs :( I'm just happy he is progressing so well. His pediatrician came in and said everything is great, he is in the 95th percentile for his weight and should be just fine but we need to keep a close eye on him. I'll post better pictures when I actually get to hold his cute little self but for now here he is in his oxygen tank. I'm doing great. Haven't had any problems so far :) I said I had a small tear but in not in any pain and actually feel really great all together, unjust cant wait to get my baby in my arms. You ladies are awesome and can't wait to see the next baby, has to be a girl :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:18 am

Congrats again to Cara!!!!!!!

Will post more later!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:59 am

He is gorgeous cara!! So glad he's a good weight and doing well :D good to hear you had an ok labour too :) and so happy he waited for DH to get back! :) :wink: must admit the night before my induction I had a nice soak in a warm bath and then dtd with DP and lost my plug the morning of my induction.. So it's true dtd does help bring these things on :wink:
Can't wait to see more piccys :) hope you get to cuddle him soon!!!

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 am

Just posted some pics of Kyle on our photo thread :D

Cara: I still can't believe Archer is here already!!! I hope this oxygen is better and you are able t6o hold him!!! He is a really good size for 35 weeks......imagine how big he would have been at 40 weeks :D well I am glad everything went well & DH was home!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see more pics of that sweet boy!!!!!!!!

Rachel: glad to hear bf is going better :D thats wonderful Eli slept from 7-midnight !!!! glad you are feeling better with some sleep also!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby MASHINKA » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Cara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Youre a Mama!!!! Congratulations Cara!!! I am so happy for you and loved your labor story. I really hope I can join you guys on here. However I am 9dpo, and feeling pretty out. BFN this morning, so I guess its on to the next cycle for me. But enough about me! Its all about Archer!! What an adorable baby!!!! Can you post some pix of his face???
MASHINKA
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MelBelle » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Congrats, Cara! He's adorable. Our boys are so close in age... We'll have to find a time for them to meet in real life someday.
Me: 33
DH: 33
TTC #1 since Dec 2011
Chemical - Jan 2012
BFP - Mar 10, 2012
It's a boy! :babyb:

MelBelle

Postby Clairebear » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:56 am

Ok refresher time.. Those who've had their LOs how old are they now? And those still prego how many weeks?
So much has happened here lately and a few ladies haven't posted much lately..
Combine all that with how busy I've been and how many people I know personally that have had bubs recently and my brain has turned to mush... Feel like a bad buddy but I'm sure I'm not the only one whose lost track lol

Mash your never out til the witch shows! So many ladies have 0 symptoms on their bfp sticky bean cycles. I still think December for you no idea why though :) hope your doing ok.

Anyway 2 am here so I'll come back n post more tomorrow. Night ladies :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby carak21 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Update-Archer and I get to go home tomorrow! I'm very excited that he has done so well and did not have to go to NICU. The dr is very happy with his progress and said he should go on and have a very healthy life. He has only lost 4 ounces so he is at 5.8 now but he is such a doll baby. My nipples are tender from feeding but he is doing so good with it I forget about it when he's hungry and I believe my milk is beginning to come in. He is a great baby and only cries when he is wet or hungry or needs to poopoo. He hates being naked unless we are doing skin to skin, and he does not like peeing in a diaper. I think I'll start potty training now, lol. He looks identical to his daddy so it's a good thing dh is attractive :) I'm so excited to go home tomorrow.
Here's some spam for you guys :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Congrats again Cara!!!!! Glad you will be home soon. You both look great. I hope breastfeeding goes well for you and Archer - you know we are all here to listen / offer advise / whatever you need!!! How exciting!!!! Glad to hear he did not have to go to the NICU at all. He will gain weight in no time - my little Kyle has gained about 4 pounds in 2 months!!!!!!!!

Mash: I have fingers crossed for you but also feel Dec. could be lucky for you...........not sure................keep us updated!!

Claire: Kyle is 2 months (10.5 weeks - will be 11 weeks on Monday)

Hope everyone is well!!!!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups