The Babymakers #2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby carak21 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Rachel-I hope hes planning on coming soon so you get relived of some of that misery :( Hope your resting up!!

Emily-Yay for your beginner bump!!!! It's coming. Maybe you will pop a little sooner rather than later :) But your almost halfway there. I saw you have your anatomy scan scheduled for tuesday. I cannot wait to hear what you are having :)

Claire-I love the spam. Charley is sooo gorgeous!!! It is amazing how fast she has grown. I see all these new baby pictures and I cannot wait for Archer's arrival. Hows the pp belly coming now that you are a month from pregnancy?

Hoping-I hope your doing good. I worry about you when I don't hear from you too often. What did the doctor say?

AFM-Here's my pic as promised. 25 weeks with DH :) bahaha it makes me laugh

I go to my next appointment on Thursday but I got on the scale on Saturday and if it's correct I'm up 18 lbs 8O That's pure craziness because really in person, I'm not that big. I can't wait to see my baby on the u/s screen. I love watching him and as he gets bigger the cuter he gets. I should get my 3d scan at my next appointment the same time I do my GT. So in the next 4 weeks and I have a busy next few months, before I know it Arch will be here. Two more showers for friends, a bridal shower, two of my own showers, a wedding out of town, then DH goes hunting out of town for 10 days.....jeez time can slow down!!!! ahhh And here is a picture of my crib bedding. We still have yet to build a room but I'll give you an idea of what it will look like.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Lovely photos Claire - thanks for sharing! Charley is delightful :D

I love the nursery photo Cara - that looks like really nice bedding. You look fab in your photo - I wouldn't worry about the 18lbs - so much of it is water weight because of circulating blood volume increasing by about 50%, never mind amniotic fluid, baby etc. I think I've put on about twice that :oops:

Well I've been taking it easy which is just as well because of my back. I'm worried I'm going to pile on the pounds in the next few weeks through being at home so much and not being able to walk about a lot - but hey, I'll take it off again afterwards. I can't wait to get my body back!

Our antenatal class this week was all about breastfeeding and it was really useful. It sounds like they really promote breastfeeding over here - there was lots of chat about the benefits, technique etc. But Claire - please feel free to give me advice if you have any top tips! I really hope I can BF, but I know not everyone can...

Where is everyone else?

Rachel
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Cara - ill post a 4 w pp belly pic later today. At the moment I'm feeding charley then once she's sleeping I've got housework to do. Sigh.
Can't wait to see archer's 3d pics! A collegue of mine had a 3d done and her dd looked so much like the u/s when she was born its crazy.
Your belly pic looks great :) Im so jealous, it looks like beautiful weather and I don't see any stretch marks lol

Rachel - good to hear BFing is encouraged there :) :) do they put LO on for a BF at birth ? I had charley at a certified baby friendly hospital - meaning all the staff you encounter understand the importance of BFing and rooming in and anyone can assist you with BF questions or problems- it was great.
I'm sure they covered the essentials in your class but if u have any trouble when the time comes just post here and between Bella and I, I'm sure we can help out.

Hoping - where are you ??? Your worrying us! You promised an update after your doctor visit... Hope you and LO are ok. Update us please

Bella and eoe - please update. I worry about you all and it's so quiet here without you all

Afm - gotta try and get some housework done today! Boring but it's gotta be done. There's not that much and I just got a robo vaccum so that's 1 less thing to worry about. Im just disappointed cos I was supposed to go shopping with my sis and charley but my sis changed her plans - now that it's just a day of cleaning I'm so unmotivated lol
Charley's getting a flat spot on her head, so I'm sleeping her on the other side more now but I worry she'll get another flat spot from that lol Gah

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Sorry I've been M.I.A lately. I'll explain in my update. Forgive me if I miss anyone in this catch up!

Claire - sorry to hear your sis is sick and shame on her DP for pi$$ing off while she's sick :( LOVE the pics of Charley. She's adorable!! Just make sure to turn her head a different way each time she's down for a sleep cos favoring the one side can not only lead to a flat spot (which you said she is starting to get) but it can also end up shortening the neck muscle and make it hard for her to turn her head without pain which will then need physio etc.

Rachel - sorry you're in a bad mood and not sleeping properly :( Glad to hear your antenatal class about breastfeeding was beneficial for you! :D

Emily - glad things are going well for you! Good luck getting your assignments finished. I definitely don't miss that!! Can't wait to hear when you're having the u/s :) Very cute belly!!!! :D

hoping - wow, not long now!! 8O Good luck getting everything ready for baby :)

Kellie - sorry to hear you're struggling :(

Cara - glad to hear Archer's movements are getting stronger. Can't believe how quickly your pregnancy is going!! LOVE the pic of you, DH and Archer :D That bedroom set is sooooooo cute!!!

I'm really sorry if I forgot anyone!!

AFM - well I've been M.I.A for a while cos its been a bit crazy here. DH changed mine sites and thankfully he did as the one he was at has been told they will close down at Christmas. He ended up getting 12 days at home as his flight back was delayed that many times that by the time he got up there he would've missed the bus so he didn't bother going. We went to visit my parents for a few days which was awesome! Then we went away for the weekend for Fathers Day which was so great. I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately it hasn't all been roses and rainbows though. A friends new baby has been diagnosed with leukemia. He will be 2 weeks old tomorrow :cry: What makes it worse is that even with aggressive treatment he only has a 15% chance of survival. So her and her husband now have the burdensome decision of deciding whether to put their precious newborn baby boy through 6 months of intense chemotherapy, numerous bone marrow transplants, central lines, blood tests and lumbar punctures to end up with a 15% chance of survival (not cure and thats only if he survives through the bone marrow transplant) or whether to let nature take its course and be able to enjoy him at home, pain-free. I've been crying for days at the thought. They are going back to hospital tomorrow for more blood tests and to make the decision :cry:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Bella glad you had a nice fathers day with DH home and good to hear he's in a mine that will still have work come Christmas time.
My heart goes out to your friend and their poor baby boy - that's a terrible situation and I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to be faced with that kind of decision. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.
Charley's been unsettled today and it's been tiring but I'm just so grateful that she is here and healthy

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Bella - it's so great to hear from you. I'm glad you're doing well and enjoying no assignments (me too - my dissertation went in last month so just waiting to hear if I pass...)

That's absolutely horrendous about your friend's baby - so so sad. I can't begin to imagine how they must be feeling about the decision they have to make. I hope they can find some peace in amongst all of the turmoil. I'm sorry you're having to cope with this too during your pregnancy. Will be thinking of you and your friend x
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:24 am

Bella that's horrible!!! A positive story for you, my brother was diagnosed with Burkits Lymphoma at age 10. They gave him a 20% survival rate my mom went ahead with all of the surgeries and chemo and he is now 31 years old with 3 beautiful children :) Im hoping and praying for the family to have a positive outcome.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:52 am

bella - what a terrible decision for that poor family my heart goes out to them...

my grandmother was pretty much told that (being old etc) she was going to die (throat cancer which had spread to nodes close to her heart) and that chemo would only slow things down. they refused radiotherapy as it was too close to her heart - well - in the end they went ahead with the radio anyway, and in combination with the chemo it not only reduced the cancer but she's been declared "in remission". it was beyond what anyone hoped...

having said that she psychologically couldn't handle any of the process. i've been told by the family if i visit UK she's not the woman i remember any more. sad really but being so old i think she's just given up on living.

i'll make a decision whether or not to go back when the time comes (most likely my next opportunity for a trip to the family over there will be after i graduate in december next year)

as for the pregnancy - i'm doing good, chugging along! getting some good results from assignments, 95% 93% and 87% for the ones that have been marked so far so i have high hopes for the oct/nov exams!! booked my 20 week scan on monday and am hoping all is well with the little one...i certainly know they're strong as i've had the crap kicked out of me lately lol i take back what i said about this baby being lazy!! and of course excited to find out team blue or pink!! xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:19 am

Well ladies you know my history of asthma. So Wednesday night I woke up around 230 am unable to breathe. I did a nebulizer and it seemed to get better so I went back to bed ad again woke up at 4 unable to breathe. Did another nebulizer and this time it didn't seem to help as well. Went back to sleep and awoke again at 5 just to need another. By this time I knew it was getting worse and I was sitting feeling short of breath during the treatment do I checked my O2 level and it was 95. That's not horrible but it's not normal for me, I'm usually at 99-100 when not sick. Well I went on the work and told my coworkers that I was going to go to my regular doctor because I didn't want to end up in the hospital again. Made an appointment at 915. I did two more treatments one at 7 and one at 8. So by the time I got to the doctor is was sick, I couldn't breathe and I was antsy to get some relief. Finally get back in a room And I was crying because I was hurting so bad, they have me a steroid shot to make my airways open up and that usually does the trick. It didn't work this time and I was still sick as a dog and they didn't want to give me another nebulizer because of the baby. I had a bad reaction to the shot and I started sweating and shaking and I was still crying and I had no clue what was wrong with me and it was the worst feeling ever. Well try had me admitted to the hospital :( the last thing I wanted to do. So now I am laying here in my luxurious hospital bed writing this story at 3 am. Ha I'm feeling a lot better besides being woke up every 2 hours for treatments and blood pressure checks and antibiotics. I just want to go home. They took a chest X-ray but the doctor hasn't been in to tell me if there is anything on it. Archer is doing great still. Kicking and having himself a good ok time jacked up on these steroids. He's going to come out with huge muscles lol. Anyway ladies, please pray for me, I just want to go home tomorrow. I hate being tied to this bed.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:19 am

Aww cara that sucks I hope your feeling better and can convince Those doctors to let you go home soon. Glad Archer is doing well despite all your going through.

I tried to upload my pp pic but my phone had a meltdown so I'll try again tomorrow

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby MASHINKA » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:07 am

HELLO BABY MAKERS!!!! THE LAST BABY MAKER IS HERE!!!
Just got my BFP two days ago,,, I can finally join you all here!!!! Sooooo happy!!! Will tell you all about it at work! Can you guys instruct me on how to post a ticker?
MASHINKA
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:19 am

Hello everyone!!!!!! Sorry for being M.I.A. But i would love for you to meet my son Kyle!!!!!!!!

h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:20 am

CONGRATULATIONS MASH!!!!! :)
So glad you fOund us again! I've been thinking of you lately.
Omg congrats I'm so incredibly happy foR you!!
Fill us in! I can't wait to hear more :)
I'm hopeless with technology, it takes me ages to work out my tickers and as soon as I've done it I've forgotten how I got it - I'm sure one of the others can help you there though.

My baby girl Charley is having a backwards day. She wouldn't stay awake today (well technically yesterday now) and now it's 1am and she's been awake and unsettled for hrs.
But I'm so darn happy for Mashinka now it's changed my mood completely
:) :) :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:24 am

Mash: WELCOME back and :congrats: wow that is so awesome!!! What is your EDD???????

Cara: How are you?????? I am worried and thinking of you!!!

Bella: Sorry about your friend...how scary!!!

Claire: I can not believe Charley is a month old already!!! She is beautiful!!!! They grow so fast!!!!

I am sorry I have not posted - Kyle was born Monday (Labor Day haha!!!!!) at 5:15am. It was a crazy birth but he is here and healthy and I am just so happy. He was 6 pounds 4 ounces at birth and 18 inches long. He is so tiny but very sweet :D I will post a better pic of him (not all wrapped up) soon but I popped on here last night and saw that a few of you ladies were worried where I was so I wanted to give you a quick update.

I hope everyone is well - I will post some more this weekend - we are trying to finish construction fast now that Kyle is here - hopefully our carpet is getting installed this afternoon so DH & I have been crazy trying to get everything done and take care of Kyle and our other DS!!!!!! Ahhhh no rest for this mama!!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:28 am

Double OMG
H0ping CONGRATS!!! U posted as I was posting to mash.

He's adorable! So exciting :) the babymakers has our first boy baby now to go with our first girl !

Would love to hear more when your upto it! He looks happy and healthy though so that's the main thing. Hope you are both doing well.

:) :) :)

Yay what an exciting time for the babymakers! A birth announcement from h0ping to make Kyle our second baby born - and a bfp for Mashinka :)

Seriously ladies I'm so freakin happy for you

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups