The Babymakers #2

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby carak21 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Hello ladies!!

Bella-so good to hear from you :) you look amazing for 30 weeks I don't think you look big at all! I'm up 8 kg and I'm 4 weeks behind you! Don't stress about your weight you look wonderful! I hope you start sleeping a bit better. Less than 10 weeks til Charlotte gets here eeeekkk were all get so close!

Claire-I'm sorry charley had a backwards day but I hope do is making it up to you for being out all night and giving you a bit of a break with her.

Hoping- I'm glad your enjoying Kyle. I'm so excited to meet my little guy :) how is DS doing with the new baby? I hope you get your house sorted out soon. I just walked in my house and it looks like dh will be starting Archers room soon :)

Rachel-how are you darling? Getting close I hope your resting am enjoying these last few weeks of pregnancy. Cannot wait for new baby pictures :)

Emily-yeah only one more day!!! I'm going to say baby girl for you even though I know you would love to have a brother for your son :) either way I know you'll be happy. Wheres the new bump pic I wanna see this pop.

Afm-boring day at home. I love my weekends but I hate having nothing to do during them. I think I'm going to make my mom go with me to town and work on baby shower invites lol. Well see. Night ladies
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:27 am

Hoping - when I saw that you had had Kyle, I did get a bit nervous realising "I'm next". Such a surreal thought. I'm 37 weeks today so it's strange to think I'm considered full term. Despite my back pain & pelvic pain I'm hoping I last at least another 2 weeks. I'm starting to feel a bit attached to being pregnant! It'll be strange not to be again...

Cara - I'm good thanks. Meeting some friends for lunch today. They haven't seen me since I was about 3 or 4 months pregnant so they're going to get a shock at my bump!! I'm taking it easy. Hope you found something to do today. I love days at home but I understand the need to be occupied - I'm not someone who can spend all day in the house without seeing anyone - it drives me mad!

Rachel
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BellaM » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Emily - thanks :) Trying not to let it get to me anymore. Is it Monday where you are yet? I'm dying to hear how your u/s went :!:

Rachel - thanks :) I hate getting weighed at every appt! This is the second pregnancy they've done it and when I was getting weighed when pregnant with DS2 I was a massive heffa yet didn't get a lecture.

hoping - thanks :) My weight isn't causing any health problems so I don't see the problem. I just need to keep reminding myself of that! So glad to hear everything is going well with Kyle and you're back to your usual routine. Good luck getting the house finished!!

Cara - thanks :) We sure are getting close now!! Hope you had a nice weekend.

AFM - still not sleeping properly and it's killing me :( I'm so tired. I have no energy to do the housework. I can manage the basics and then I'm stuffed but I have so much more to do. I managed to tidy DS3's room, sort through DS1 & DS2 clothes and re-fold them all, put 2 loads of washing on, tidy the lounge room and vacuum and thats as far as I've gotten. Hopefully after getting the kids from school I will have a lil more energy to do some more. I'd forgotten what this trimester was like, even though DS3 is only 20 months old :belly:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby aaronsmummy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:04 am

team pink :babyg: i'm in shock...i was so sure this is a boy!!

still won't believe it til that lil vajayjay comes out in january lol those of you on my facebook please keep quiet til i've announced...thanks :D

i'll be back for personals later :wink: xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:22 am

Emily - yay congrats for team pink :) I was leaning that way for you. It takes a while to start believing it when you've convinced yourself your one team and the u/s says the other lol I was thinking blue for me (but hoping pink) and when they told me it was a girl it still took a while to sink in.

Bella - sorry your still not sleeping well, I slept worse and worse as my pregnancy progressed too. My lucky sister has been sleeping better the further along she's gotten. Don't try and do too much, just do what you can and rest every chance you can. I'm guessing g it's pretty hot up there already? We have had a few days in the 20's already which is great for Canberra this time of year, it's been so nice.

Rachel - it is weird not being pregnant anymore, suddenly after 40weeks your tummy decreases in size, boobs grow even more and your bub kicks you from the outside instead of the inside lol but by far the hardest it it for me was walking away from Charley, even for a minute to use the toilet, after having her with me at all times ever since she started her existence that was weird. And leaving her at her grandmas (MIL's) for a few hrs was so hard it wasn't funny. BUT it's AMAZING to be able to finally hold your LO in your arms, kiss their little head, see their face, toes, fingers, ears...

Cara - hope you found something to entertain yourself on the weekend. I hate sitting around bored, unless it's miserable weather, pouring rain I can't sit around doing nothing either, it frustrates me to tears. Charley had 2 backwards days but seems to be getting back on track :)

H0ping - walking with LO is great isn't it! I love walking with Charley and honestly I hardly ever exercised before pregnancy and hated walking if it was avoidable. But now I look for the longest route when taking her out in the pram. It helps that the weather is getting nice here again. Hope you and Kyle are doing well, that ds1 is behaving and that your house is falling Into place without too much stress on your part.

Mashinka - where r u ? Awaiting your updates.

Sorry if I missed anyone but I'm tired

Afm - DP made it up to me :) he applolgised repeatedly and snuggled up to me and he was going to take Charley n I to the sound off comp with him but since we were so tired he asked if we would prefer a quiet family day. So he missed his stereo comp (a huge deal for DP!) and he said "a happy Claire is way more important than any trophy :oops: " so sweet!
So we stayed home, just the 3 of us and watched movies and snuggled, while charley napped we napped too then we all got up and went out for lunch and a drink in the sunshine. When we got home a friend of mine popped in for a quick visit and so did 1 of DP's mates but we sent the friends away after a little while and sorted dinner together and went to bed.

Today I went shopping with my Sis - she got pjs and nursing bras - she's due Friday!! And I got Charley a secondhand play mat and got myself 3 short sleeved nursing tops :) it was a nice day out but I'm exhausted now. Bed time. Night ladies :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 am

DP and Charley snuggling on our family day :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby MASHINKA » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Hello everyone, I should probably give you a head up, I wont be on here much because I dont want too much stress, but I will be popping in every couple of weeks or so =) I love seeing all the baby pix, and all your beautiful bellies! I have a big belly by nature,,, LOL So I probably wont post my pix for a while. =) Is it normal to have some mild cramping on and off?
MASHINKA
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Mash yes some mild cramping on and off is normal early on. It's Ok if your not upto posting much, just be sure to update us after exciting appointments, ultrasounds etc.. Pleaseeee :) we love that stuff and we as all so excited for you :) do you know when you'll get your first ultrasound?
Take care darl xx

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:28 pm

for those of you without facebook here's our reveal pic and my 20 week belly!!

also baby is measuring a week behind so due date was moved to 5th feb, but i generally take the DD with a pinch of salt as my son's was 5 weeks off lol

plus DS was on the small side and so are DH and I so don't think we were ever destined to have a big baby!! so long as all is healthy thats the main thing

PROMISE i'll catch up on personals later, bit caught in the moment today :D xx
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:46 pm

http://www.twoweekwait.com/preg/communi ... 13#2385813

Baby's of the babymakers photo spam group link

I've started it with a few pics of Charley :) can't wait to see more n more bubs in there as more of us have our LO's

Everyone watch the thread do you don't miss new photo spam :) :) :D

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Emily - OMG congrats on a little girl :babyg: :future baby girl: I definitely know what its like to be in shock about it :lol: What great pics!!

Claire - still sleeping like crap but I decided to force myself to nap with DS3 and feel pretty good now. Yes its getting warm up here! I've actually had the air con on the last 2 days cos even with windows and doors open I'm still hot :oops: Its a little overcast today though.
Sounds like you had a nice family day with DP and Charley! Love the pic of him and Charley napping, so cute :) Wow, I can't believe your sister is due on Friday! Has she got everything ready?

Mashinka - yes some cramping is normal. Like Claire said, make sure to update us on all the important/exciting stuff like appts, u/s etc :D

AFM - like I said to Claire, I'm still not sleeping properly. DH is on night shift so at least I can text him when I'm wide awake at 2am :wink: I rushed around cleaning this morning and forced myself to lie down with DS3 and have a nap which has made me feel a bit better. DH gets home Thursday afternoon and I can't wait!!
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:13 am

Emily - wow, congrats on team pink!! That's really exciting - and I love the reveal photos :D

Claire - I'm going to check out the baby spam thread :wink: I really need to work out how to upload photos - I took a 33 week belly photo and couldn't upload it. I think I'll take another one at 37 weeks - eek!

Had our last antenatal class yesterday which made me think "oh no, I've still got more stuff I need to buy". They were going on about thermometers for baby, bathing etc. What has everyone else bought?
It was really quite amusing because they got one of the guys to change a nappy on a doll and it was all a bit of a comedy act - his partner filmed the whole thing on her mobile phone... I'm also the furthest on in the antenatal class (eek!) but we won't be meeting up again for a while. There was one girl a week ahead of me but she didn't come back to class after the first week.

Anyway, midwife appointment today and then the dentist... My stomach is moving as I'm typing this - I keep getting a knee or something right in the middle of my belly quite high up - it feels WIERD lol!

Hope all you girls are good

Rachel
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:22 am

OK ladies - how many sleepsuits do you think we need minimum per age/weight range? I've got a fair few newborn (at least 8) but not many in any bigger sizes. What do you ladies advise?
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Re: The Babymakers #2

Postby Clairebear » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=227170
New link to the photo spam thread

Looks like they updated the site and stuffed up all the old links
Hope you all work it out and find us here again

I hate technology and I'm not having fun trying to work this out. It made me reset my Password to a bunch of jumble and I can't work out how to watch topics. Gah! Looks great but it's not Claire friendly :? :(

Rachel - I have no idea how many sleep suits I have lol but assume you'll need to change clothes with each diaper and then based on how often u plan on washing you can guesstimate a number. You probably wont need to change clothes that much but that's how I'd work it out lol charley has days where she makes more mess then others.

Anyway ladies I'm going to leave it there, get some sleep (it's 6am) and come back later to work out the changes to the site

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Re: The Babymakers #2

Postby h0ping » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi ladies - the site looks so different!!!!!

How is everyone???

Rachel: It really depends how much you want to do wash - Kyle usually goes through 1-2 sleepers (outfits) per day. He's had more 1 outfit days but I am sure that will change!!! As they get older they also go through more clothes. So for newborn I would say at least 10 - that's one for everyday plus a few extra then as they get older I say 2 per day. Between eating more/different food and when they start crawling etc. they can get a lot dirtier!!! But if you don't want to do wash 1-2 times per week then I would suggest more. Remember you will always need to keep 1-2 clean outfits in the diaper bag in case you encounter a mess while out and about!!! Are you getting excited?????

Claire: Charley is just so pretty!! How has she been sleeping??? When will you be going back to work?

Aarons: Congrats on the little girl!! Exciting!! Is it sinking in yet????

Cara: How are you???????????

Hope everyone is well - just wanted to stop in and say hi!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups