Lucky Charm Momma's---- Part 3!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Lucky Charm Momma's---- Part 3!

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Awwwwww, LOVE!
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:39 am

wow, they really are v.similar sarah!!

C - sorry the work transition is so difficult :( i can only imagine! seeing lil aaron go to kindergarden has been an adjustment even for me, but he seems to be enjoying it much better this week - in fact the last 2 days when daddy dropped him off he hasn't cried, which is a BIG improvement from last week!

he's been a good big brother this week too. i think last week with the lack-of routine, all visitors coming to see the new baby, people staying late disrupting his bedtime, basically now we are alone like normal things are better! i read his stories, give him his cuddle and kiss, and he goes to bed - well done my big boy!!

things with lexi are still great. breastfeeding is a dream - i feel so lucky having 2 kids take to it so well! she's gradually finding her voice, but not yet crying properly, bless her. its difficult to hear her fuss still - but i won't complain, i'm sure when she does find her voice i'll miss these quiet days!!

here's another comparison - though of course its still early days!
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby stuckunderhere » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:36 am

They have a lot of similarities, but I can see some differences too... The eyes are adorable! :)
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:27 pm

i cant see the picture! Wah!

Glad BF is going good, Em! I was very lucky too, both were awesome with no issues! Guys, all our babies are HERE!!!! Can you beleive it?!?!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 am

Yep yep, and omg, how are Lo and Eli 3months old??? And Hudson is what? 5months? Geez! Time is a'flyin :)
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Ladies!!! How are all my fav mommas doing?!?!?

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:24 am

I'm good. We usually tend to catch up on Facebook eh? I don't wanna lose this group though. So lets keep it running, ladies!

Updates!

Well, like I said, things are good here. We are finally setting in a routine with both kids. Moe is going back to work today after 5wks off for paternity leave and I'm a bit anxious. But we will be okay. Elijah is finally eating every 1.5-2hrs and being awake for 1.5hrs, napping for 30-45mins. Samuel is a good big brother. But the older he gets, the more I see his SPD issues come out. We definitely need a diagnosis and some OT time to help with this before it gets real bad. Right now, we are staying home mostly because the weather is real cold, so we are working hard on homeschooling and taking care of Eli.
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:43 pm

hey everyone!!

how are you yourself C??

sarah - hows your nutrition course going?? i've started study again and am finding it super easy with my mom around - she's absolutely refusing to let me lift a finger lol bless her!! i had to beg her to take a day off with my dad tomorrow because she wants to help out so badly she is over every morning...but i think they need time together too, its their HOLIDAY after all, won't be enjoyable if she spends all her time washing dirty dishes for me!! (plus i'm totally fine coping on my own, just obviously don't want to spit in her face when she's offering help!)

B - saw on facebook you're back to work...good luck!!

things my end are great - i'm tired (obviously) but getting so much help (as i've mentioned) that i've been able to cover 4 study units already and started reading my first novel for the semester. aaron's 3rd birthday was just now and it went great, we had a party out at the dropzone where daddy jumps (skydiving) with all the other skydiver kidddies, and a couple of friends of mine with their children...a lovely turn out and fun had by all!! look out on facebook for pics :wink:

lexi is doing just great and picking up weight, i don't need a scale to tell - she now has a roll of fat under her chin lol. still a v.quiet and exceptionally well behaved baby, and i so badly wish it to continue *knockonwood*, 1 month old tomorrow so here's hoping!! :D aaron is still v.tired and overwhelmed after kindergarten but his teacher tells me he's doing just great and picking up his german too which is what counts. he is doing better with his sister too and they took their first bath together tonight...he was v.gentle and helped me wash her!

oh, and thanks for your advice about the leappad sarah, aaron LOVES it - we gave it to him for his birthday present and he is simply mad about it! loves the cars2 e-book, petpad (he has a cat he looks after!) and drawing pictures on it. and we haven't even experimented with the camera, mp3 player or other games yet - i'm sure he will get a lot of fun out of it!!
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby stuckunderhere » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 am

I started taking More Milk Plus again 2 days ago and holy cow, Eli just took 3.5oz in those days. I guess he was just a hungry lil guy... aww! So we are now at 14lbs4oz (42%) and 26in (96%) long. We are in the 5th percentile for BMI. Finally ON the chart! But still tiny for his height. Grow baby, grow!

Oh, talking about the LeapPad, Sam's favorite game is Mr. Pencil!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stuckunderhere » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:48 am

Pedi appointment update for both boys. Let's start with the easiest... Elijah. He is growing well and seems healthy. A few days before his 4 months, he is now 15lbs even (45%) and 25.5in tall (75%). Shorter than his brother so he's chubbier. No growth issues as I had first thought because he's not as tall as the measurements I got at home. So yay! He's good and healthy. Reflux is manageable with diet changes (avoiding certain things for mama) and thats about it. Oh his fontanel is small, but not closed, so we shall keep an eye on that.

Now, Samuel, well, thats a different story. He's growing well. At his 4yr appointment (3months late), he was 39lbs (70%) and 44in tall (95%), which places him in the 7th BMI percentile. Under 5th is underweight. Tall and skinny. Anyway, he's growing and I'm happy. Apart from that, she heard a heart murmur while listening to his heart. So I have to send him for an echocardiogram soon and make sure there's no issue there. Knowing that most everyone in my dad's family has heart issues (incl. me) this scares me a little. But we will get to that when the time comes... She also agreed with me that he might have ADHD so he needs blood tests to check for his thyroid as a first step. Since we are vegan, she wants to check his B12 and iron at the same time. So eventually blood tests will be had by my 4yr old. Eeek!

No shots were done for either boys, but seeing that I'm doing delayed/selective schedule, she said we have some time to go do that. Sam's need to be done between 4-6yrs old, so really, it can wait. As for Eli, well, soon would be nice to start with at least the ones that were due at 2m old. So we will do both kids at once when we're ready.

Oh, also, Sam is still walking on his tippy toes and we need to get things checked further. My mom managed to get us an appointment with her podiatrist next week, so we will wait on that appointment to check for next step. I really dont want my bebe to need casts :( (that is the final option). For now, we do ligament stretching exercises daily on his feet, and make sure he wears sturdy shoes at all awake times (even indoors).

So thats my update. A lot going on, but we're doing good in the Lopez household. Up next, mama gets an IUD on March 13th... Well thats the plan for now. But I'm still debating it.

How's everyone else doing?

I wanted to post this after our trip to see my in-laws in January, but never had the chance to. This is Moe with Eli, and my sister in law, Helen, with my pretty little niece, Adele, born 1wk after Eli. That side of our family is so mixed, its quite funny! Moe's father is half Italian, half Chileno, I'm part French Canadian, German Swiss and French. And Moe's brother married a Chinese girl. So we're worldwide! haha
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kryssy » Fri May 03, 2013 4:16 pm

I know we don't come here often or if you guys ever check here. But I thought I would share my news here, Not ready to put on facebook yet. I have been feeling crappy for the past few weeks, just really tired and dizzy,at times I would see black spots if I moved to quick and yesterday I was nauseous then today every time I ate something I would get really nauseous. I decided to call the doctor to see if they had heard of a flu going around as I was starting to feel hot in the face as well. The nurse made me mad when she told me "first things first pee on a stick" I told her we were being very careful, I hadn't had a PP period yet and really honestly we have only done the deed about 2 times in the past two months. She didn't care. so I peed on a stick cursing her in my head the entire time. I thought this is stupid, as soon as I was done I turned the test over and I am not kidding the test line was already DARK!!! I thought the test was broke the wrong line showed up. Then I watched as the colour thing went across the screen and slowly the control line showed up. Sooo... I have no idea how far along I am. The line is Dark it definitely beat the control line and like I said it was there instantly. I am imagining I am due in December. I am hoping late December, as I need 600 hours to qualify for my mat leave again and I don't want to go back early so if I start back with the students in August that means I have to make it to the last week of November. I can only shake my head, I can't believe this. I thought we were done, just hadn't done anything permanent yet. I guess we were supposed to have 3. Again if you do read this don't put anything on facebook. I have to figure out how far I am then figure out work then I can announce it. My Principal is on my facebook so until I tell him, I don't want him finding out. lol
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Sat May 04, 2013 11:14 am

So are congrats still in order? A "good" surprise? God (or whatever higher power is up there) always has a plan for us. I will say I am happy for you if you are. Good luck with everything and report back to us soon... hugs*
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Thu May 09, 2013 5:16 am

Hi lucky charmers :)

I'm not part of your group, I'm a babymaker

But I think you gals have been around TWW for a while?
Anyway I'm posting just to see of anyone here followed the journey of a baby from the July 2012 ddc, a special bub by the name of shaelyn, who needed a heart transplant shortly after she was born..?

Her mumma, 'Tiffy 1082' Sherry-Lynn, is trying to contact those who supported them on the TWW site during that trying time, just to keep in touch and so people who care can see how great she's doing now with her new heart :)

I have her details if anyone wishes to contact her, just message me and ill get the email address and blog link to you.

Ps. Aaron'smummy, emily, the babymakers miss you! Pop in and update us one day, cara, Krissy, rach and I still post regularly in the most recent babymakers thread.

Of course any of you ladies looking for other chatty mummas can visit us too :)
We go through quiet weeks but we always pick up again :)

And kryssy, I just got my new bfp in similar circumstances. Lol. Congrats :)

Hope you all don't mind my popping in,
Take care.

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:13 pm

updates time yall!
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend