Lucky Charm Momma's---- Part 3!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Lucky Charm Momma's---- Part 3!

Postby B » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:22 am

Apparently babies don't sleep at night guys. Why didn't anyone warn me? Soooooo tired. I'm like where is a NICU nurse when you need one to do a 3 am feeding? Breastfeeding has been okay. My boobs are really swollen and tender though. Any advice? I have to pump a little between his feedings too bc they seem to fill so fast and get so uncomfortable. Em, your bump is sooooo cute. She does seem lower this time around. Sarah, I can't wait to see pictures!
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby caqtcake143 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Eli is here!!!!!
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby caqtcake143 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Hahaha!!! Oh, B, I hear ya. These new borns I tell ya, they are night owls!! We had a ROUGH night last night. Logan was up for 2.5 hours in thr middle of the night, just irritable. I couldnt put him down or he would get upset.:(
How is Ian doing? Long periods of being up in the night? How is the dilating? Is he doing well since you have been home?
So sorry the nips are struggling, that's the worst!!! They should start to even out and not get so engorged in between feedings once they figure out how much the little guy needs. What helped me is to take warm shower whenever I got engorged, the hot water hitting them would help with a let down and relieve some pressure. I also used the gel packs that they sell, I would put them in the fridge and it felt SO good. And then lanolin cream helps a little when latching. Although I found that using too much cream made them a litte too raw, I needed them to get a little roughness for protection against the crazy suction!!. :)

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kryssy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Yay!! Eli

B - be careful with pumping to much. Your body doesn't know baby isn't eating that and it will replenish what you take out. Right now your body is trying to figure out how much to produce for baby. I agree a hot shower is really nice. I have been having serious engorgement issues since the 6 week growth spurt and I tried putting ice on the outer sides,(wrapped in a towel) and it totally worked to stop the swelling pain. I would say try that and be ready for 6-8 weeks. I do not like that age as they have a HUGE growth spurt. They are up all night and day and only want to eat, which of course then leads to engorgement issues. Awe the joys of breastfeeding! Lol
How is he doing? Did they say when they wanted to look at him having surgery or just leave it wide open? I am so glad he didn't need to spend to much time in NICU.

On the plus side for the past week Hudson has been sleeping from 9pm to 5:30 am so it does get better! Just 7-8 weeks from now.

Em - your bump is so freaking cute!!!

Cake - how are you enjoying the dance of a mom of 2?
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caqtcake143 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:13 pm

I agree as well with what Kryssy said about the pumping, it may be contributing to the engorgment. Try to maybe skip a few pumps and do the hot shower it may help regulate your production better.
Kryssy- man, o, man. Tonight was ROUGH.... To say the least. Lol. Makena is SO loving to Logan, no jealousy shown whatsoever right now. She is though starting to test us a little more, not sure if its just the age or if its am attention getter? My biggest struggle is keeping up with Makena during the day and making sure she is getting the attention she needs. It's not super bad but like at dinner tonight she REFUSED to eat. We sat there for like an hour and a half with her, omg. Lol any pointers? Is this just my little one or is this normal?!? Starting to feel like I am lacking as a mommy. :(
It truly is a dance, that's for sure. And so far, it's so rewarding when I see my two little ones next to each other. Keeping up with both of them, laundry, cleaning the house, grocery shopping and keeping our household running smoothly is proving to be hard. :(
How are you doing with your little guys?!? Nice to get some sleeping?!?!? I'm so jelly!!!!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Kryssy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:12 am

Cake - you are doing great mommy! Do not worry. I would say her behavior is completely normal. Maybe a little brought on by Logan but really age appropriate. Link has started sucking his fingers when he gets tired. He never even sucked a paci as a baby so really weird for him but I think it is brought on by Hudson. We don't have an isue with eating, but now at bedtime when i put him down he will stay up and play in his bed for a hour or so, not loud and he doesn't get off his bed he just plays with the stuffies on his bed. I was told by a friend the other day, as I was asking her about what to do. Her advice was to use this mantra "I am the parent of a toddler, I cannot make them eat, sleep or poop! " I thought it was funny but true! She will eat if she gets hungry, don't push it. On nights when Link doesn't eat much we just leave his supper out in case he gets hungry, but we don't force it. Infact sometimes when we completely ignore him not eating he starts to eat. We just sit at the table and talk with each other and try not to look or to give him any attentioin. They just do it to see what you will do. It is just their natural, they are figuring out throw the world works. Try not to focus on the negative and know that if she ate good during the day, her pulling a little rank at supper is just to get a rise out of you. I know it is hard, and I can only tell you what has worked for us and that's to just let him be. If he eats he eats, if he doesn't, he doesn't. But when we stopped asking and trying to make him eat he did start to eat.
This is a stage and only lasts a while, that is what i tell myself. In the big picture of her life if she will not even remember this time anyways. Plus it is good to how to entertain yourself at some point. You are doing fine Link is a ball of action, he knows when I am feeding Hudson he has to play and I will be right with him. When he asks I ask him what hewantsthen tell him as soon as Hudson is done I will do that for you. He seems fine waiting now. Just remember in a few short months you won't be tied done as much, and will be back to normal fun levels, right now is just a momentary dip in fun for her.
Wow I haveno idea if that made sense because Hudson starting screaming the moment I started typing lol.
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caqtcake143 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 pm

Kryssy- thanks friend for the reassurance! Sometimes we just need to hear that sometimes. Great mantra!!! I am so using that one for sure!
Today was much better, thank goodness. I needed a good day for sure. :) Makena was awesome which reminded me that we are gonna have rough days with a toddler, that's all there is to it. Just gotta get through the tough ones for the good ones. You are right, this is just a momentary change in our daily but once Logan is a little bigger and we have our feet under us again it will be much easier. My mom and I went to put local YMCA today to check out their facility and different things they have for kids Makenas age. I think we are going to join! They have an awesome gym(to get pre-prego body back of course :) and kid watch which is amazing. And then they have some classes we can sign her up for like dance and gymnastics. So excited for her to try those out. And I think it will be so good for her.
I had to laugh when you said that Hudson had been crying since you started typing your post.... Life of a mom!!!!!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:47 am

We're ready for Halloween :)
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:41 pm

Happy Halloween little monkey Eli!!!!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby B » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:41 pm

My thing is all screwy again and I'm not getting notification of new messages. Argh. I learned my lesson about pumping guys. I am definitely having an oversupply issue. I goggled it and am trying block feeding (feeding from only one breast at a time for a specified amount of time) to help regulate this breast milk thing but man the not fed on side gets so full and hard! Who knew this would be such a crap show! I'm leaking milk everywhere and even after he feeds, it feels full again after an hour. Siiiggggh. But on a good note he is doing well. The dilations at home are not fun. He wails so much when we insert. Breaks my heart. Hope you guys have a good Halloween! Post pictures of the kiddies in their costumes!
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Kryssy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:30 pm

Awe sorry to hear that he cries for his dilations!! Nothing hurts a mom's heart more. I have an oversupply and an over active letdown issue as well. I had it with Link as well so I am coping much better this time. Or at least I understand better. Block feeds are good, I am serious about putting icon the other side. It will take about a week to fix the engorgement issue every time it happens. It might happen a lot until Ian is about 3 months. I hate the leaking I constantly feel sticky and gross with milk, who would have thought milk could shoot so far out of your breast without even trying hey!! It does get better but it might get worse first that is the struggle with breat feeding and why so many give up. We are hear to support you and hear you vent. Let us know when your boobs are so full they feel like they may burst!!we are all going through it and understand. If you can find a lactation consultant that is another good person to lean on. I went to one every Monday for 3 mons with Link. They have so many tips, especially when dealing with an oversupply issue. Plus they weigh baby every time so you get lots of reassurance you are doing good.

Keep up the good work mommies!! We rock!
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:39 am

hi guys, i'll try to read through the posts soon, i've been keeping up with baby Eli on facebook!! congrats again sarah, he's gorgeous!! :D

so i'm finally down to one exam left...wrote the 4th one this morning. was so worried, and only got 3 hours sleep, but it was thankfully nowhere near as difficult as i was expecting!

doctor says i've put on 6kgs so far, and lexi is head down ("but that could change" he says...unneccessary comment i thought). haven't brought up the issue of VBAC again, i guess we'll talk about it next time. i'll be 31 weeks when i see him again!

will get to personals after my monday exam. for now just trying to focus on finishing!!
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Kryssy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:05 am

Good luck Emily!!! You are amazing for getting this done before Lexi makes her debut! I am glad to hear she is head down, and I agree why would he even tell you she till has time to flip! That is something you tell mommies when baby is breech. With so much looking good so far I hope you get your VBAC. I can't believe how close you are getting pretty soon we will all have our LO's with us!
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby stuckunderhere » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:17 pm

I went to bed on Friday night, cuddling with my almost 4yr old. Woke up 3hrs later when contractions 7-9mins apart and not feeling too great. Tried to fall back asleep, but things just didn’t seem right. Got up to use the washroom, and started feeling sick. Food came back up a few minutes later… and again, and again… about 4-5 times that night. I also started feeling contractions getting closer together and timed them at 5mins apart. Things were moving along, finally! Around 6am, I really couldn’t handle it anymore, and woke up my husband. Told him we had to go. Contractions were 3mins apart at that point. And I was still feeling sick. We took a taxi to the hospital and got sent to “first contact” where they monitored me. After about 2hrs, things weren’t progressing much. I was stuck at 1cm and 75% effaced. They told me to go walk around for an hour and see if things would start up again (contractions had been slowing down). I walked around the halls for about 20mins and started feeling faint and seeing spots. My blood pressure was low, I felt like crap and things weren’t getting anywhere. Doc came to see me and said because of all my symptoms, that they wouldn’t be sending me home in this state. Fast forward about 2hrs (it’s now noon) and I’m feeling a bit better. Contractions have slowed down to 5-6mins apart and no progress has been made. OB told me that I would be better off to go home and let things move along in more comfort. We talked a bit about other options and she said she could maybe check if there would be a spot to induce me that day instead of Monday or Wednesday. Turns out, hospital was full and I had to go back home. Buuut, she had some somewhat good news. They had found me a spot for Sunday morning at 7am instead. I had a day/time. I was happier. We went home, got some rest and headed for the hospital again at 6:30am on Sunday. Samuel got to stay at my parents’ house during this whole ordeal.
Anyway, I got settled in, put on monitors for 30mins and checked again. I was now a good 2cm and contracting strongly every 3-4mins. After a good hour, they were getting really painful and I asked for the epidural while I still had time. They checked me and I was now at 4cm. In went the needle and pain was gone… or so I thought. Things started progressing fast after 11am. Pain was coming back and there was nothing comfortable. Around 1pm, I started feeling more pressure. Doc came to break my water. TONS of green goop that looked like pea soup. He’d pooped! A few mins later, he was getting lower and his head was pushing on my pelvic bones (on the right side of my groin area) were gonna fall apart. It hurt a ton! I mean, like, I felt like my body was going to break in half, type of pain. Let me tell you, if you’ve never dealt with SPD, you are very lucky. This was just unbearable! It got so bad, I was crying uncontrollably during every contraction (2mins apart) by 2pm. They tried giving me a second dose of epi to help, but it wasn’t touching the site of the pain at all. So the nurse called the anesthesiologist, and he recommended 10cc of something MUCH stronger (can’t remember the name but it was Dilo something). After a few minutes, I was completely numb from the ribs down. Pain was gone but baby didn’t like the contractions I was getting and had bad decels… and the medication made me shake so much, I thought I was gonna pass out. By 3pm I was now at 8cm and completely effaced. And then 3:35 hit and it was time to push. Uhh, yeah, I don’t know how they wanted me to, because frankly, I felt like I had no body. I gave it a try though and he moved a little bit. But things were too strong for him to handle and his heartrate went too low. One of the nurses had to push down on his butt while another made me push as hard/fast as I could. Monitors were beeping, baby was in distress and doc told me he HAD to come out. I gave it one last try and out he came at 3:45pm. Peeing on daddy! Yes, that’s right, pushing was done in less than 10mins. And I couldn’t even feel a thing. It was so weird! She said I had a 2nd degree tear and she would fix it as I got to hold my boy. But he was choking on meconium and they had to take him away to aspirate him and then give him a gastric wash.
When he came back, things were calmer. I had time to recover from the whole ordeal and he was doing much better. They put him on the scale and what I thought was gonna be a 8lb-ish baby, turned into 11oz more. Bigger than his 8lbs2oz brother, Samuel. So yes, Elijah Spencer came into the world at 3:45pm on October 28th 2012, at 8lbs11oz and 20.5in tall. Big boy! I’m in looove! Things are going great! :-)
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Holy moley, you are a trooper Sarah! It sounds like you had a few scary moments. I can't believe they sent you home the first time even though your blood pressure was low and you felt like fainting! He is a big boy! And he is adorable. How are you guys doing now and how is Samuel handling having a little brother?
B
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups