Lucky Charm Momma's---- Part 3!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Lucky Charm Momma's---- Part 3!

Postby Kryssy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Cake and Sarah - I think it is the age, Hudson is letting me put him down once in awhile now lol. But my back remembers those days, and quite honestly every other day still.

Emily - I am lucky that Link is still young, small, enough that I can manage to till pick him up when he needs to and I am holding Hudson. Most times he will wait until Hudson is down but every once in a while he just wants up. Lol
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:43 am

great to hear from you kryssy!! be sure to post some pics of the birthday, sounds like you've been super busy - glad that hudson is doing so well hee hee...just washed aaron's tummy time mat in preparation for the new arrival, eeek getting close now!!

quite busy here too, glorious weather so it would be a crime to stay indoors and sitting on this computer - off to the beach just now and swimming this afternoon at the outdoor pool (well, thats the only pool here we don't have a public indoor one!) :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby caqtcake143 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:06 am

It's 2am here and we haven't gotten a wink of sleep. I think I may be starting to lose it. I am so so tired and frustrated.
Me- Carolanne 28 DH- Jeremiah 31
DD- Makena Marie- June 24th, 2010
DS- Logan Emery- October 14, 2012

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:31 am

Ugh, we had a horrible night too... He wouldnt sleep, and he screamed his head off for 3hrs from 8-11pm. And then it was on/off popping on the boob the rest of the night. Like, he was hungry but couldnt get anything or wasnt comfy or something so he'd just let go instead of suck and then the cycle would start all over til 6. I just got up and I need my coffee now. *yawn*
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caqtcake143 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Almost Christmas ladies!!!!! Eeeeeee!!!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:57 am

Yep yep, you ready?
What'd you get the kids?

Samuel is getting a nice big car playing mat, custom made of our neighborhood, with some kid sized Wii remote, a Thomas DVD and some clothes.
As for Elijah, a soft squishy ball, some stacking blocks and a new Sophie because Sam wrecked his lol

Hubby and I arent exchanging gifts this year. I am more into celebrating the Pagan holiday and I dont feel that the holidays are about gifts as much as being with family, enjoying a nice dinner, so thats what I shall do on the 22nd (winter solstice). The 21st, we are having a small Christmas party with my parents, brothers and niece... the 22nd we are also at my father's brother's place for our big family gathering on his side. Then afterwards, we are going up north to the cottage house with my parents til the 25th. And no plans yet for New Years. Moe will be working the 31st and we're not big on NY celebrations. I'm usually passed out by 8pm lately so... lol
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:01 am

finally did my christmas shopping! Aarons main presents are his first duplo set and a kitchen set (breakfast style with a frying pan egg sausage bacon toaster coffee pot and cups!) smaller gifts are a couple of musical instruments (triangle and cymbals) some jumbo chalks for his chalk board, a chopping board and knife playset (with a couple of plastic foods to chop in half) and a cars colouring book - not from the movie cars, just LOTS of pictures of cars and some car stickers too.

We thought 6 gifts is more than enough, he won't be getting from my family yet as they don't live here and mom and dad only arrive january so will be waiting til his birthday in february for more!

also david's family are hindu and don't really have huge christmas traditions, only his cousin, partner, and their inlaws will be joining us from Johannesburg, along with his mom and brother who stay here with us...so quite a quiet christmas with just the 5 of us who live in namibia and our 4 South African guests!

its not really the weather for roast dinners here in the summer so we usually do a cold christmas lunch (PLUS me, MIL, and her family are vegetarian, so theres not much point roasting a whole chicken just for david, his brother, and our little one lol). our christmas will be at MIL's enjoying the sunshine and family company at the beach for the day. that's about it!!

as for new years? we're not big on that either...its WAY too crowded to go to the beach here then as people camp out there for miles and miles you can't get a space, we prefer to do something quiet like go camping with friends and have a braai (BBQ) - in the opposite direction of the crowds!! welcome in the new year in peace and quiet with nature...and good friends!

WOW hope i didn't bore you, that post was longer than i thought lol what about everyone else???
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby stuckunderhere » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:13 am

I'm buying a "turkey" roast for Yule dinner :)
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:52 pm

stuckunderhere wrote:I'm buying a "turkey" roast for Yule dinner :)

ok jelous!! you just can't buy things like that over here...do they do inter-continental deliveries i wonder?! lol :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby stuckunderhere » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:54 pm

LOL, dunno. Look up Gardein's Holiday Roast online
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kryssy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:12 pm

I finally finished Christmas shopping for everyone. The boys are giving each other a movie. Cars for Link and a bugs life for Hudson. We got them each 2 books, and a puzzle and an outfit. Then we got link a set of planes, a train set and a catching butterflies game. Hudson got a singing abc train and a soft keyboard, Link broke his from using it so much, and some tub toys.
I got John a ramp for his snowmobile and the boys bought him a soda stream, so he can make his own pop or carbonated water rather than buying it. The boys bought me a gold necklace that has their names and birthstone on it. I wanted it so bad and John kept asking me what I wanted soisaid if he let,e buy it he could count it as the gift from the boys, he agreed and we ordered it. He went and picked it up and now it sits under my tree driving me crazy!?k I want to wear it sooooo bad. I don't have any jewelry, I rarely wear it so why have it, but I knew I wanted something really special to celebrate my two beautiful boys.
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 am

aww kryssy the neclace sounds just lovely! aaron had a wooden train set as his main christmas present last year and LOVED it, i wanted an extention set this year with extra pieces but it was sold out when i went back to the store for my christmas shopping so that will just have to wait for another time!

as for my appointment: 33week appointment yesterday and everything is looking great! doc gave me the note to book into maternity ward, and wrote on it c-section for +/- 15th january...

i then asked him "so you think a repeat cesar is the best way to go?" and he said we don't have to make any commitments now, BUT that considering the first c-section it'd most likely be the safest way to go, and that baby is feeling big for my build as my pelvis is small. great.

oh well, so it looks like we have 5 weeks to go...

i've had a lot of time now since he first mentioned his feelings towards VBAC to come to terms with this decision. if he'd like us to book a definate date for the section next time i'll ask if there are any ways they can make it more special...not sure what requests they will accomodate but it couldn't hurt to ask!
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby caqtcake143 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Makena is getting an Easel and a box of coloring stuff I got from Costco. She loves coloring, I can't wait for her to see it!!!! We also got her a couple barbies and a little mini mouse doll. Plus a bunch of little miscellaneous things and some clothes which she needed anyway. Oh, and the movie Brave!!!! I found it or $9 on black Friday!!

Doc appointment for Lo today, 11.5 lbs and 22.5 inches. Both are the 26th percentile so very proportionate. :)

I will cross my fingers for you, Em on the vbac! I hope hope for you that you get to try. But in any case however that little girl needs to get here we are good with!!! :) This group needs their princess to arrive! Hehehe we need to see your belly! Getting big?!?

So we had a big opportunity come our way. My BFF recently moved about 5 minutes from my house and her little 9 month olds care giver is not going. Be able to watch him any more. We had talked a long time ago about me possibly staying home to watch him, with pay of course, bu it never has worked out and always seemed like it wouldn't work. Well it might now!! I am supposed to be going back to work January 14th and am probably going to be going back for a month r so and then giving my notice if this all woks out. The thought of the opportunity to stay home with my babies makes me so excited!!!!!!

caqtcake143
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby stuckunderhere » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:09 am

Oh yay, that sounds awesome. Hope it works out! I love being able to stay home :-D

Em- I hope you have a chance at a VBAC! But like C said, in the end, it doesnt really matter how they get here. As long as they are good and healthy, right?

B- Hows it going hun?

Kryssy- I wish I could afford some sort of train table for Sam, but we have no space and they are $$
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:45 am

aaron was playng hide-and-seek behind my dress!
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups