The babymakers #3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

The babymakers #3

Postby Clairebear » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:20 am

Hey ladies hope you all find this.
We are once again at 20 pages so it's time to start a new thread.
:D

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Re: The babymakers #3

Postby h0ping » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Yay for new thread!!! Thank you Claire!!!

Claire: Is Charley taking to the bottle any better? How is pumping going for you? Do you think you will be able to pump enough BM or will Charley have to get formula?? She is getting so big I can't believe it!!! How are you feeling??? I read you POAS just in case...........

Rachel: How is our little Eli? When do you plan on going back to work??? You mentioned something about no more kids - you are not planning on having any more?? I was an only child and didn't mind it at all - I am a super daddy's girl!!!!! Is breastfeeding still going better???? Getting some sleep I hope?

Mash: Sorry to hear of AF - but we are all sending baby dust your way!!!!!!!! Keep us updated!!!!

Bella: So good to hear from you!!! I am sure you are crazy busy with the boys and Charlotte!!! Sorry to hear DH had to leave........do the older boys help you with DS3 or Charlotte????

Cara: How is our newest babymakers mama and baby??? How is breastfeeding going?? Hope little Archer (and you of course!!!!!) are doing well and getting some sleep and lots of cuddle time in!!! How is DH with Archer? And your step son???? I hope everything is going well - we hope to hear from you when you have some time to catch your breath!!!

Just stopped in to say hi. I will be going back to work on Monday and dreading it!!! I don't know how I will leave my sweet boy!!!! :( :( :( I know he will be well taken care of but I am gonna go crazy with out him!!!! I was home with DS1 for almost 3 years!!! I worked but I worked 2nd or 3rd shift so I was with him the majority of the time...this is going to be so different. So I have all day tomorrow with my boys then back to work. BUT it's a short week because of Thanksgiving so I will work 3 days then be off for 4 - so I hope that helps me & him adjust!!!!

I hope everyone is well!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi Hoping - lovely to hear from you. I'm an only child too and loved it so that might partly influence my decision! I don't know - i've found this really hard and I didn't particularly enjoy being pregnant and i'm not sure i'd put myself through it again. I also really enjoy my job and i'm so used to being career-focused I don't want that to change. I'm not actually due back at work until August. Here you are entitled to 1 year of mat leave if you want but it's not all paid. I really hope the return to work goes well for you - the short week should help. Hopefully the thought of going back to work is worse than the reality
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:36 am

rachel - only just noticed you're from uk! i grew up there - well lived there for 19 years before i moved over to namibia. where abouts are you?? my family live close to wolverhampton in a village called wombourne (west midlands). i also stayed in london for a year when i was 18 while at london college of fashion (on bond street/oxford street), and worked in notting hill during that time. looking back i definately preferred village life to city life!

claire - where abouts are you in austrailia? don't kno if i mentioned but my best friend over here is aussie...her family live in melbourne and she went to school in Werribee, Victoria. its a small world! this will be my 5th christmas in the southern hemisphere and i'm still not used to it being in the summer - reading story books to my son about santa with winter themed snow-filled pictures just seems wrong in this weather lol

cara - can't wait to hear more from you and little archer, he's so gorgeous!

hi to everyone else :hi:

not much going on myself, had a lovely diwali celebration for indian new year with the family on tuesday - first time DS has seen fireworks...he loved it!! he's not v.well at the moment though and we may take him to the doc, he's lost a bit of weight with this tummy bug which is going around. hopefully he gets well soon, he's hardly been sick his entire life and i'm not used to the extra fussy behaviour and getting up so many times in the night - caring for a sick child is quite exhausting for this pregnant mama!! :?
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:50 am

Hi Emily,
I'm in Edinburgh. That's funny you lived in the UK - do you miss it at all? I can't imagine the difference in lifestyle between London and Namibia lol!

hope your son is better soon and you can get some decent sleep before LO arrives! I'm obsessed with sleep now... :roll:
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi ladies!!!

Glad to see the boards are still active since I've been gone!

Claire-I never have thought about what to do when Archer gets older and needs solids...hmmm guess I should start thinking ahead lol. Maybe I should start pumping after about a month to build my supply for daycare :-/. Oh well we will get to that point soon enough. Time is sure flying, I cannot believe Charley is already 3 months old!!! She's getting so big and she's so pretty :)

Rachel-I'm so happy breast feeding has gotten better for you. Hopefully little Eli is giving you some sleep. These little guys are awfully needy. Lol I'm sure since it has been so hard for you, one is plenty. You get to experience motherhood and that's enough!! Will you be taking the full year off for maternity leave? I wish I could get a full year! We only get 6 weeks and at my job that's not even paid :( but my boss assured me she will be paying me.

Hoping-what is your name? I would like to put a name with a face :). Sorry you have to go back to work already!!! I totally feel you because it won't be long and I'll be in the same boat! It sucks, but Kyle is looking great!! He's getting so big! I didn't see an update on his surgery, how did it go? Is he doing fine now?

Bella-oh my goodness, I couldn't imagine being withouty baby for so long! I'm so glad he has done so well and is a healthy boy! He sure is a trooper. I'm sorry things are so hectic but I suppose that is too be expected! I think I want to wait til Archer is older before we try again, I think I would be very stressed with two young ones. Your a tough mama. Sorry dh had to go :( that's horrible. I'm dreading dh going to work for 12 hours a day, I'm going to go stir crazy.

Afm-I'm doing great!! Me and Archers first night home was hard and I cried all day the next day and felt very defeated and scared. So I asked for advice on the December boards and got a lot of responses, some from a couple of you :) and I tried a new routine. We get a nice warm sponge bath, then nurse really well, then we get swaddled and go to sleep. The next two nights have been really good. He wakes up only one time in the night to eat and then I usually wake him up to feed in the morning. I know they say you aren't suppose to wake them but he goes past 4 hours for a feed and that bugs me because he is premie. He starts off in the bassinet but then after his 2 am feed he usually joins us in bed and daddy snuggles with him all night. I'm hoping to stop this because I really don't want him so tiny in the bed with us. But whatever works to get a good nights sleep and a happy baby. Breastfeeding is going amazing!!! I'm so thankful that I had such an easy latching baby! I was worried he would have a hard time because he didn't eat for the first 12 hours that he was born. But he latched great and has been eating good the whole time. When my milk came, he started eating less and fighting to latch but it was because my boobs were so engorged he couldn't latch. So I pumped a few ounces and ever since then I haven't had any engorgement problems. He eats around every 3 hours during the day and 4 hours at night and pees and poops constantly! Everytime I change his diaper is poopy and peepee. He did get circumcised and that is healing well I think, it's looking better by the day, but everytime I put neosporin on it he tinkles on himself lol. He's not a very fussy baby at all. He only cries when I'm bathing him or changing his diaper, he hates being naked. He doesn't cry when he's hungry just starts sucking on everything in site and has stopped crying when he was set or poopy. So far things are going great and I'm proud to say I'm a happy mama. We go to the dr tomorrow to check everything and I'm hoping he is gaining weight because if not they will want me to supplement and I really want to EBF. But I'll do whatever to make sure my little guy is healthy. I am doing great as far as PP. My bleeding has slowed down quite a bit and my girly parts are no longer sore at all. My stitch feel out two days ago and physically I feel amazing. You would have never thought I'd had a baby. I'll share my 6 day PP pic, it's amazing how much of my belly is gone. I weighed myself at my moms and I think I have lost close to 20 lbs already! Dh is in love with Archer. Has to hold him everytime he's around and talks to him all the time. And Archer loves his daddy, they look soo much alike it's scary. I catch DH telling people all about my labor experience and about the baby all the time and I think it is so cute. He's so different now and I really like the change. DSS is also in love. I told him earlier today not to be scared to pick him up but just to make sure he always supports his head. Well he has been handling him all say and doing great. Hes so excited for when the baby gets old enough to talk. It's so cute. I never imagined loving something so much until he is here and I cry when it's just me and Arch and in talking to him and telling him how much I love him. It really is a beautiful thing :) thanks for your patience ladies. Hopefully I'll be on here more often now that things have calmed down.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BellaM » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Quickly posting some pix of Charlotte while she sleeps...

DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi Cara
So lovely to hear from you and hear that things are going great! I love the photos too- he's so cute! It sounds like you're getting a good sleep. I wouldn't worry about waking him up to feed - one expert says one thing and the next says another -trust your instincts because all babies are different. I was really worried about DH going back to work too but honestly the days go so fast with a baby - before I know it 12 hours have passed and he's home again! I wish I was getting as much sleep as you but I can manage now on 4 hours ok. Sometimes I just can't block out all the baby noises he makes in his sleep and thats part of my problem. Oh and crying is perfectly normal - I cried so much the first 10 days. I'm ok now though. I think i'm taking 10 months of leave in total although I only have to give 28 days notice to go back earlier. It sucks how leave is different everywhere. Good you'll get paid though.

Sorry can't type any more with left hand whilst feeding!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby aaronsmummy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:36 am

rach - lol no i don't miss uk...i only miss my family! and i'm super lucky mom and dad are retired and they can come out to me every year for the full 3 month visa they're allowed. one thing i do miss is the better quality and cheaper stuff available - i've placed a LOT of orders like books for DS that they're bringing out to me - can't wait! (they arrive 10th january)

cara - great to hear from you and that you're so positive! sounds like archer is doing great and glad DH is enjoying the LO! :D i'd definately go with your instinct on waking baby up, each baby is different and what works with one baby may not be applicable to another. hope the checkup goes well and he's picked up weight nicely! :wink:

bella - charlotte is adorable!! :hb:

hoping - let us know how your 1st day back at work is...hope all goes smoothly for you and baby! i bet that's strange having had so much time with DS1 (i've also been at home with DS for almost 3 years now - he's off to kindergarden for the first time january 14th and turns 3 on february 10th) not sure how much time i'll get with this one, i graduate, with any luck, in december 2013 so will get a year at least until then, then it just depends how long it takes me to find a job once i've graduated and if i decide to go back for a holiday in uk - may be my last chance before i find work so think i'll try and get as long a trip as i can.

claire - hope you and charley are well!

as for me - 30 weeks today!!! :D :D next checkup is this time next week (monday 26th) and i'm hoping to discuss birth again. we'll see what doc has to say about VBAC v. repeat section again then, no idea what to expect him to say (since he wasn't optimistic about VBAC last time even though he said 'we'll see' whatever that means) guess i'll find out when i go in...
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:08 am

Lovely photos Bella :D
I also love the photos of Kyle in the other thread.

Ugh, weather here is awful today - really stormy and wet. Don't think i'll be going out at all!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi ladies! Posting from my first day back at work!!!!

Rachel: I can totally understand your reasons for not wanting anymore kids - and hey I don't think being an only child is bad at all!!!! And you were one to so you understand!!!! It's so weird how different things are depending on where you live - here most places are un paid 6 weeks or so - I think you can get longer but by law they have to give you 6 weeks (and almost no where pays you anything!!!) but they don't HAVE to give you anymore time off - meaning they can offer your job to someone else or something. They only have to hold your job 6 weeks maybe is the way to say it!!!! Crazy!!! Kyle used to make a LOT of noise while he slept also and I also could not sleep while he was doing that - it made for some tough nights!!! But I have to say he is much better now. I don't know what Eli does but Kyle would make grunt like noise and such while sleeping - I would think he was awake or waking up and his eyes were closed!!! So I would try to go back to sleep and he would do it again.......alllll night!!! So if Eli is doing that just know it gets better!! Kyle is a much quieter sleeper now thank goodness!!!

Cara: My name is Krissie :D Archer is so sweet!!! It seems so long since Kyle was that size!!!! He also looked so tiny in his car seat. And I think Kyle may have the same little skull shirt - I will take a picture of him in his and post it - you can tell me if it's the same shirt!!!! Glad things are going better for you and Archer - sounds like he is a good sleeper now. And I agree - there is no real "rule" about waking baby to eat or not - some say do and some say don't. I would wake Kyle up to eat if it had been sometime - I think for our boys since they were born early and small they need to be eating!!! I don't think I would have worried so much had he not been early and small!!! So you will be going back to work right around the 1st of the year then???? Will Archer be in daycare???? Kyle hated being naked also but now LOVES bathtime!!! He seems to get excited when I am getting him ready for a bath and once he is in the water he just lays there and hardly moves!!! He smiles and laughs all the time now and it's so sweet. I was trying to nurse him the other morning and he just kept smiling and laughing so would lose his latch - I would get him on again and he'd start smiling!!! It had me laughing :D Glad Archer is doing well with nursing it's a relief when things go well!!!!

Bella: Charlotte is beautiful!!! Thanks for posting pics!! We know you are a busy mama!!!

AFM: I have about an hour and a half left at work and I am trying to wait as patiently as possible!!! I miss my little man!!! But I also know it will be so sweet to see his smile and hold him at the end of the day!!!!!! And it's a short week at work for me because of Thanksgiving so that will help!!!

Hope everyone is well!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm

hoping - the older boys do help with DS3 and Charlotte thankfully. I'm very lucky that they are so good with helping. Can't believe you're back at work already. That went quick. Thankfully you only have a short week so can transition back into it.

Emily - I hope your DS is feeling better! Yay for being 30wks! Good luck at your next appt.

Cara - when does your DH go back to work? So glad to hear things are going great with you and Archer! :) I hope your dr's appt went well and he is gaining weight. Love all the cute pics over in the spam thread :D He is super cute!

Claire - yep I definitely barely have time to scratch my ass :lol2: I can't believe how quickly Charley is growing!

AFM - I have finally managed to get time to do a proper unrushed post. But I'm doing it at the expense of my daily nap :cry: We had a house inspection which was scheduled for between 11am-1pm and of course that is the time DS3, Charlotte and I have our nap so I've had to miss out and I'm starting to feel it. Oh look, i must've jinxed myself cos Charlotte has just woken up! Hope you're all well and at least I got to catch up a little.
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi Hoping - yes Eli grunts a lot in his sleep and also cries and sometimes makes sudden, very loud noises almost like a shout. The combination of them all makes sleep very difficult. Glad to hear it gets better! It's been so bad this week I think I'm going to get ear plugs to block out some of the noise! I can't wait until he's in his own room... Hope the rest of work went well for you and you're enjoying some time with Kyle now :D :D

Bella great to hear from you but if sleep comes before posting here we all understand!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:55 am

Cara: Is this the shirt Archer was wearing?????

Will post and update later!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Oh it's very quiet here...
:o
Well Eli slept almost 6 hours from 9pm tonight! But I slept 4 and a bit cos then my boobs were engorged and sore. I sat thinking should I pump milk or not but in the end I waited until he woke up to feed. Maybe he'll get into a pattern and eventually my supply will adjust? Anyway, hope everyone is good. Just thought i'd ramble on a bit :o
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups