The babymakers #3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The babymakers #3

Postby aaronsmummy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:07 am

ramble all you like :D i think you're right the supply will adjust eventually. :wink:

haven't had much to say myself...just nervously waiting for monday's appointment! i am desperate to talk birth again...i don't like the uncertainty of not knowing if i'll be going for natural or having a repeat section. i'd rather know either way, even if i don't get a chance to try for the VBAC!
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:31 am

Hey ladies !! :D I'd been wondering why it had been so quiet here,..... Turns out I didn't tick the notification box when I created the new thread - fail! Lol feeling slightly stupid now but hey at least I found it, and ticked the box now. SO I won't miss anymore.

DP, charley n I are on the first night of our first holiday :) :) :)
We are staying 2 nights in a little sea side town called Merimbula on the New South Wales coast. I used to holiday here with my family when I was a kid so it's kind of nostagic :)

Anyway will upload pics and do personals when we get home :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby aaronsmummy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 am

enjoy claire - ahh first family holiday pics, can't wait to see! :D
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Yes enjoy your holiday Claire, it sounds lovely.

I'm a bit like you Emily. I like to know what's happening! Good luck for the appointment on Monday. Let us know how it goes.

AFM 5am here and Eli is just up feeding but he's been crying in his sleep on and off since 415 so i've been awake since then :( :( I really long for some decent sleep again. I've been having loads of nightmares which is unusual for me.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi ladies.....just got a new phone so had to try posting from it!!!! My first smart phone....anyway

I will do personals from my computer later...

It is quiet in here but I haven't been posting either so I am at fault too.......

Did everyone have a nice thanksgiving?????

Ours was nice and we are enjoying a long (4) day weekend.....

Hope everyone is well!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:08 am

no thanksgiving here in namibia, but we are enjoying the summer!! saw 2 dolphins swimming at the beach yesterday which was special...typically i didn't bring my camera though because living at the coast we're at the beach all the time so i don't bother generally - doh!! never mind. maybe they'll stick around for the warm season and i'll get another chance for photos!
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 am

Hello??? Hello??? Where is everyone???

Hope everyone is well and enjoying either thier LO or their pregnancy!!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi - see if anyone was posting......................

Things with us are well - we got our first snow over the weekend - not much but the grass is still covered :( I don't like the cold weather and the snow and I really hate bring out kids in it!!!!! But what are you going to do??? Saturday I babysat my nephew who is 18 months old - so I experienced having a 10 year old, 18 month old and almost 3 month old (all boys) for a day. Went pretty well I think.....although if we do have another LO (we are talking about it again even with our boys health issues :D :D :D ) I would want to wait until Kyle is a little older - I would want the next one in 2 -3 years....But it gave me an idea of life with 3 :D

Hope everyone is well................
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:26 am

Hi ladies!!!! How is everyone? It's been extremely quiet on our end but I'm sure were all busy with our LO's.

Claire-how was the vacation? We do a lot of vacationing in the summer here as well. Hope you guys had a wonderful time, can't wait to see pictures!!!

Hoping-how are you liking the new phone? And most importantly how is going back to work? Was it miserable? I'm dreading that part :(. How's Kyle? How much does he weigh now? And yes that is the same short and Kyle looks just as cute! I couldn't resist it with the cute saying on the butt lol.

Rachel-I hope Eli starts sleeping better at night. Archer too fusses in his sleep after his second night feeding just about every night. I think I'm going to have to start changing his routine a bit. He thinks it's time to get up around 3-4 and I believe it's because I turn on the lights in the nursery to feed him. I think im just going to start feeding him in bed to get him used to staying in bed. But one thing that helped me, which is probably the worst habit, is Archer is in the bed with us :-/ but it helps us all sleep better.

Bella-how is Charlotte doing??

Emily-how cool about the dolphins. When we take our ocean boat out in the bay we always see dolphins but it's very rare That we see them from the shore line!! Very cool that DS got to enjoy that. I'm so ready for summer here, I'm sure Archer will be a river rat with the rest of his family!

AFM-I'm doing really well. DH gets mad because I'm home all day with Archer and when he gets home the baby is usually fussy. I think I'm gonna start pumping right after his last dinner feeding so DH can give him a bottle to try and bond with the baby when he gets home from work. That can be "his" time with the baby. Do you think that's a good idea? We had our two week appointment yesterday and archer is already 6 lbs 7 ozs!! He gained 12 ozs in a week. I could feel the difference in his weight though so I thought for sure it would be a lot. He's pretty fussy today and last night so I'm not real sure what's going on with him but I'm going with gas issues right now. He's doing so good though and I'm so happy that mommy hood isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Here is me 2 weeks PP. I'm amazed at how fast I lost all my weight. At 1 week PP I ha already lost 22 of the 34 I gained. So I'm sure I've lost more now. I wanted to keep some of the weight on because before I got pregnant I was too skinny but doesn't look like that's going to happen :-/. Ah well
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:25 pm

hoping - how sweet you got a taste for 3! and funny to think of snow its super hot over here!! we're definately done at 2 ourselves...TTC was the worst time of my life, i don't think i could go through it again having lost as many pregnancies as i've had successful ones

cara - you're looking great! but ye, its doubtful you'll keep any weight breastfeeding. i lost a LOT and ended up like a skeleton after 8 months of breastfeeding - it was not pretty and i was so exhausted i had nothing left to give so i had to stop!! i mean, i lost my big boobs too so i just felt like a man on top of it all...
Image Image
this is christmas day 2010 - he was born february 2010, so you get an idea by the end of year 1 i was almost unhealthy thin! was glad to get back to eating just for me!!

here's my latest belly pic...summer has arrived!! gorgeous weather i'm planning on going to the beach a LOT! :D
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:50 am

Hey all

Our holiday was lovely, but too short, loved gettin away for a few days and Charley loved it too

My Internet connection is on the blink and I'm finding it impossible to stay connected long enough to post. My service provider assures me it will be fixed in the next few days so I'll post pix then and do personals.

Glad you all are well

I'm going to leave it there for now, before I loose my post. I'll be stalking if I can get online and I'll let y'all know as soon as it's fixed

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 am

Hi everyone!! Nice to see some posts!!! We are all busy ladies (mamas!!!!)

Claire: Glad you had a nice holiday - they are always too short. I hope your internet is fixed soon so we can see some pictures!!!

Emily: I love the new belly pic!!! You look great!!! Have you been to the doctor lately to talk about the birth???? I know you mentioned an appointment but I don't remember when it was.......I did enjoy having the 3 boys over the weekend. I always said I only wanted 2 kids but while I was pregnant with DS2 I thought maybe I would like 3 since DS1 is so much older. Sometimes it doesn't always feel like I have 2 kids since he is pretty independent.......but then when we found out DS2 has the same health issues as DS1 we said right away nope no more.......but now we have had a few small chats about it and have decided we will talk about it down the road. I would want to wait to start TTC until DS2 is 3 I think........

Cara: I missed you!!!!! Glad you and Archer are doing well!!! you look great by the way I love the picture!!!! A lot of mom's lose weight really fast just by breastfeeding.......its another great benefit!!!! (If you wanna keep a little weight eat extra and a lot of people have told me to drink Ensure - it's like a meal replacement but I have been told to drink it as a "snack" for the extra calories.....just an idea)Kyle is doing well - took him to the doctor on Wednesday November 21st and he was 11 pounds!!!!!!!! Doctor said he is small for his age but based birth weight he's doing fine (I'm sure that's about what you hear with Archer too since he was born early and small like Kyle.) That's so cute they have the same shirt!!! To bad we didn't live closer........they could be friends!!!! Going back to work has been mixed. It's nice to be back in a way but I miss Kyle :( but he seems to do ok - I mean he is still so little so it's hard to know for sure but he seems to do ok. I am always so happy to get done with work though for the day and go pick him up!!! It was nice going back to work last week since it was a short week - I only had to work 3 days and then ended up only working a half day on Wednesday because I had to take Kyle to the doctor. (And because of his health issues his doctor is located over an hour away from where we live - both boys see this doctor - he is really great - BUT it turns into a half day just for a 15 minute appointment!!!!) But more time I got with my little one. As far as DH getting upset - I think pumping so he can feed Archer is a good idea - that may help DH feel more involved.....just know (and maybe remind DH) that the most common time for a baby to be fussy is late afternoon / early evening. That is one really sucky thing about going back to work and working all day - sometimes when I pick Kyle up I haven't seen him since morning and he is CRABBY!!!!! But most babies are crabby/fussy during that time - that's just the way babies are (I always thought personally that they have just had enough by that time - even if they have slept often and well during the day - by the time 4 - 5pm hits they are done and I always thought maybe they were just sick of everything!!!) That's great Archer is already 6 pounds 7 ounces!!! Wow!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!!

Nothing new for me to report - just wanted to post back to those who had posted!!! So happy it's Wednesday and the day is already half over - so half of my work week is in!!! Yay!!! No plans as of know this weekend (other than the usual - house work and grocery shopping....) and just spending time with my boys!!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby aaronsmummy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:33 pm

oh yes i forgot to mention my appointment with all the other chatter lol! it went well...BUT i had to send a urine sample off just in case, as the doc found an organism and i have a history of bladder infections. he said its hopefully nothing though and they haven't contacted me yet so i'm hoping if i haven't heard from them over the next few days i'm in the clear!

birth-wise i didn't ask :oops: i should be confident to approach the subject but i'm just not. i waited for doc to bring it up and he didn't...we're up to appointments every 2 weeks now though so not long to wait til my next one. if he doesn't mention it then i'll work up the courage to ask!!

in other news my weight gain now stands at 17lbs - which i'm informed was my total weight gain last pregnancy (though i only made it to 35 weeks so not a full term pregnancy). doc seems v.happy though as he said jokingly "are you sure you're pregnant" referring to me being small, he said rather not put on too much weight as its good to stay healthy :D i think its good i'm up to last pregnancy's weight already as DS was v.small for a 35 week baby at 4lbs 1oz so hopefully i have a bit of a bigger girl in there this time and she'll be able to come home with us right away (they like them to be over 2kgs to take home over here) :D
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 am

hi everyone. I've tried to post a couple of times and my computer crashed - I think DH is going to get me a new laptop for Christmas cos this one is about to die lol!

Hope everyone is good.

Cara you look amazing - I'm so jealous! i've lost about a stone but have another one to go. Eli isleeping a lot better now. Over the last week or so he's started only waking once per night and 2 nights ago he slept 7 hours straight! I was awake with really engorged breasts but that's starting to settle now too thank goodness. I'm still working on making sure he gets daytime naps though, as he definitely sleeps better at night when he's also slept during the day. You sound like you're doing an amazing job with Archer. I think a bottle is a good idea too for DH.

Hoping - glad Kyle is doing well and gaining weight. Eli is 11 lbs now too! He's starting to get chubby cheeks this week :D

Claire glad the holiday went well. Hope your internet provider gets things sorted soon - I go mad without the internet - I spend so much time online!

Emily - you're looking great now too - I can't believe how skinny you were when BF! Hope you can talk to your dr ok at next appointment.

AFM I went to my university graduation this week which was lovely. My mum looked after Eli and he was great - took a bottle for her with no problem. Well he's just over to sleep again so I'm going to try him in his cot for a nap...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:27 pm

rachel - cannot WAIT for graduation next year (well, if i pass the final year that is lol) must be an amazing feeling! congrats!! my results from latest exams come out in a couple of weeks so i'm excited for that at the moment...hopefully hard work has paid off

claire - stalking for holiday pics!!

here's another belly pic from today, went swimming in the most glorious weather!! (we sadly don't have an indoor pool in our town so during winter we hardly swam, v.happy 'tis the season for it now!)
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi ladies 
Internet is still on the blink :( 
Dp is being an inconsiderate asshole the last few days and I just don't know what to do :( 
He's hardly been home and everytime  he gets home (7am two nights ago and 4am last night)  I tell him how upset I am by the way he's acting, he apologizes we make up.. and then does it again the next day! The worst thing is his phone battery is shit and always goes flat. So for 9 hrs last night I had no idea where he was, if he was ok and no way to contact him if I needed him!
Just now I asked him to feed charley and he said it was bad timing coz he n 3 mates were going to play with the RC cars n he walked out. I made him come back n talk to me and he tells me they are going out, as in for a drive, not just outside, and there's no room in the car for charley n I to join them. I have suggested to DP so many times that we should take charley n the RC cars out together but he obviously forgot all about us when he was making plans. 
I've told him I feel like he doesn't care about Charley and I and that I don't feel very loved at the moment and he just tells me im being silly and he does care but he wants a social life too.. I just wish he'd learn to balance his time properly and get his priorities right :( 

I hate this, I cant stand fighting with DP. We never used to fight and I just don't know how to handle it. I told him I hate being mad at him and asked him to stop making me cranky and he said he would and it shouldn't be too hard but then just hours later he's doing it again :( 

Sorry just needed to rant 

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups