The babymakers #3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The babymakers #3

Postby h0ping » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:10 am

Yay!! It works!! Thanks Rachel and Cara!!!

I will update with some personals later!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:18 am

Yay for the blinkies!!

I've just got my new computer up and running so thought I'd reply. My old one is about to die - it kept giving me the 'blue screen of death' as DH says! Hopefully this one will be much better so I have no excuse not to be chatty...

Well Eli's vaccinations went ok - poor guy it was 3 injections this time and his face went bright red but he didn't cry for too long. I'm hoping he won't get a fever or be fussy later today but we shall wait and see. Hope all you other girls are good. Not much else going on with me. My mum has just taken him out for a walk in the pram so I get an hour to myself. Waiting in on a delivery (I think I mentioned before I do all my shopping online!) and apart from that not much else going on. Oh except FIL will be on the phone tonight so we'll see what crap he's talking about in relation to BF today. I'll let you know!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:59 am

Rachel: Yay for new computer!!!! Glad Eli's shots didn't go too bad.....How was his weight??? I am always so curious what everyone else's baby weighs......Still no word from DS1 teacher....going to call this afternoon if no replies to my emails.....would be nice to know what's going on...Yes I think Kyle and Eli will have teeth soon!!!

Cara: How is Archer feeling?? Poor guy.....Did the tylenol seem to help??? I know some doctors say you can give it to them before the shots so it is already working when they get the shot but others don't like that because then you will really not know if they have a reaction to it or not.....I can see both sides...Archer is really growing great wow!!! So big!!! That's great about the breast pump!! What were you using before???

Claire.............

Saw in the Jan. boards Lexi was 5 pounds 3 ounces born Jan. 12th and they are all home already!!! Congrats Em!!!

AFM: not much to report - Kyle still has a cold :( it just won't go away - I might have to get him on some antibiotics to kick it.......daycare thought he was wheezing yesterday.....great!! Still coughs like crazy and his poor nose is so stuffy.....doesn't seem to bother him though which is great - he is happy as ever!! DS1 has been well behaved the last few days - I think he knew I was pretty upset over the homework issue and him just not being responsible and taking care of what he needs to take care of.....still waiting for the teacher to give me the final word but it seems it may have been a misunderstanding. BUT I found some other work in his backpack since all this is going on - I made him empty everything and show me stuff - and I am not sure if he never turned it in or if it's not due yet or what - but again there is nothing in his assignment notebook about what it is when its due or anything!!!!!! And for this assignment I think it's the teachers not having them write it down (DS1 says it was mainly to be worked on in class - not really "homework") but they can't expect parents to stay on top of this stuff if we have no idea what they are to do!!!! Sorry - rambling again.....Just hate that then either work isn't done or isn't done correctly and I have no idea because they aren't having them write these things down!!!

Anyway - otherwise life is pretty normal I guess - just getting through the days it seems sometimes....

Hope everyone is well!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby aaronsmummy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi ladies! i'm back :D

posted some Lexi pics into the spam thread...so glad i can finally join in!!

you can read my full birth story on the january due dates board if you're curious :wink:

SO where do i begin?! Lexi is a little angel baby, honestly, i hardly know when she's really hungry or dirty or when it's a false alarm because all she does is this little 'eh, eh' wimpering sound and quietly sucks her fist!! bless... she's not needy at all either, and i can leave her happily in her crib alone to sleep with no pacifier (we haven't even bought one). i'm loving this little girl!! breastfeeding has been a dream so far too - well, except for the engorged boobs, but they will go away with time i know!

i've really been hit hard with my feelings for aaron though...i love him so much and i've hardly seen him since Lexi was born -or at least that's what it feels like! so much change has happened in such a small time. i missed his first day of kindergarden as i was in hospital, and whilst i greatly appreciate all the help i've had from my parents looking after him and hubby getting him ready in the mornings and taking him to school, i was SO used to spending 24 hours a day with him that taking a step back and letting everyone else take care of him has taken me by surprise - i felt like i could cry tonight, its the first time i've read him his bedtime stories since Lexi, and when he cried and said he didn't want to go to sleep i could have cried too. its just SO unlike him to be upset at bedtime, but these changes have hit him hard also.

i'm sure things will settle down when he gets used to going to school every day, and having his baby sister around, but i can tell these first few weeks are going to be hard for him. and for us all to adjust!! mama misses all that one-on-one time with her little man terribly :( i hope to go fetch him from school myself either tomorrow or friday so i can feel involved again, and have a chat with his teacher to see how he's getting on.

that's all for now ladies...i'll get to some personals when i've caught up with reading what i've missed!!
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Congrats again Emily - Lexi is beautiful. I know you are feeling as though you aren't spending time with Aaron - and I can only imagine it's harder because he is younger but it will work out soon and you will be feeling much better I am sure. I know I still have days where I feel as though I am "neglecting" DS1 - even though I know I am not - and he's 10 so he understands much better than a young child BUT it was just him for 10 years so it feels weird not to do everything with him and such so I understand what you are saying......glad you and Lexi are home and doing well though!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:43 am

Congratulations Emily - she's adorable! I love the photos and I also read your birth story on the January thread. You sounded so relaxed about everything! I'm glad everything worked out well for you.

I suspect the way you are feeling about DS1 is natural and understandable. It's bound to take a bit of time for the whole family to adjust - but I bet in a few weeks you won't even remember what life was like before you had 2 (and I mean that in a good way!)

Just popped in to say congratulations
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:32 am

Yay!! Congrats Emily! She is just beautiful! I read your birth story too. So glad everything went well and you almost made it to your section date lol. All that matters is that she is here now. I hope healing is going well for you and in sure everything will get better with DS. And things will just start to flow. Of course you all have adjustments to make.

Working on sleep schedules now-forgot to mention the dr told me Archer should be starting to sleep through the night. First night he slept 7 hours and then 4 hrs. 830-330 then up at 715. But I was so worried about him not eating that I gave in and fed him at 330. Although he didn't act like he was hungry. Then last night he was up quite a bit and I kept giving him his paci. Finally at 130 I fed him so he got a 5 he stretch then another 5 hr stretch until 630. Hmmm this is gonna be tough to cut out his nighttime feelings :-/
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:44 am

Cara: The doctor said the same thing about Kyle - and he is almost 4 1/2 months - Archer is only 2 months!!! They also said Kyle should be eating 6-7 ounces at each feeding - he averages 4 ounces.....sometimes he'll eat 5 or 6 but that happens MAYBE once a week if that......Every baby is different - some babies still get up 1 -2 x night until 6+ months some sleep through by 2 months....do what you think is best for Archer. And I can tell you - when I went back to work Kyle's eating schedule completly changed!!!! He is totally different on the weekends (when home with me) then during the week (or whenever I am at work) and fair warning Archer may be the same way.....babies who are BF (well any baby - but they say more common with BF babies) will eat less when away from mom then make up for it when with mom. This may not happen for you and Archer but I can tell you that Kyle does this....and I don't even BF often!!! He will eat the minimum while away from me then eat like a crazy person when we're together - which means getting up at night to eat......at this point I would love to sleep more but sometimes its hard enough to get a good amount of BM in him (one nice thing about pumping and bottle feeding - I can keep track of how much he eats) so I need to keep feeding him at night........Anyway - sorry to ramble on - I guess what I wanted to say is every baby is different and just because he "should" sleep through the night doesn't mean he will and doesn't always mean it's right for you and him (although sleep would be nice.......lol)

Sorry for the book......

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Thanks for all the congratulations!! posted a few more pics in the spam thread...

today FINALLY felt normal. well, normal-ish!! lol i fetched aaron from school, and the grandparents left us early so we had the evening as a family - just the four of us. DH bathed lexi while i bathed aaron, then we swapped and he got aaron ready for bed and i breastfed Lexi, then swapped again and i did bedtime stories and put aaron down while DH burped Lexi and put her down...team work!! DS went down without a fuss :D what a good boy - i'm proud. for the first time today too he asked to cuddle her and told me "i love her" so i'm one happy mama

hopefully the only way is up from here on out!! :D
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Aww that's so sweet Emily - I'm glad to hear the evening routine went well. DS sounds adorable saying he loves her!! You must be one proud, happy mama :D

Oh and I love the photos on the other thread - she is tiny! I forget now how small Eli was when we brought him home. He's like a proper little person now - smiling and laughing. Enjoy her while she's tiny 'cos she'll be bigger before you know it. Oh, and fantastic that BF is going well. Very happy for you!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi ladies!!
I'm still here :) just been busy and I hadn't received an alert email from TWW in a while so I didn't realise I'd missed so much!!

Don't have time right now to read everyone's posts that I missed. Just a quick update.

Congrats Emily Lexi is beautiful :)

Afm just been busy with work and charley and housework. Have to get the house and yard cleaned for an inspection by Thursday week so all my spare time is being taken up by cleaning. Charley's loving going to MILs and lives seeing me at the end of the day - makes going to work much easier, knowing she's safe and happy. New supervisor is still going well so fingers crossed my work environment will be a lot more pleasant too :)
My little family are all well and happy just busy little bees at the moment.

I will pop back when I can and try to catch up on what I've missed.
Still think of you ladies all the time, just so busy or tired since I started back at work.

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:06 am

Hi Ladies!

Wow, so quiet here... Thought I'd post some nonsense for everyone to read.

Hi Claire - so great to hear from you! Glad the job is going well and Charley is well looked-after. Hopefully you'll get some time to do an update soon.

EOE - how is everyone?!

We have loads of snow here. There was some over the weekend so we couldn't take the pram out for our usual walk - we managed to get the car out though and the pavements weren't so bad further into town (we live out near some hills so always get more snow than anywhere else here!). Today it has not stopped snowing since I got up. However DH has managed to get to work in the car and I just hope he doesn't leave too late or our road could be a bit problematic!

Well Eli is 17 weeks now so I expect I'll be getting hassle from the in-laws about when I'm starting solids with him! I'm not going to yet though, as he hasn't really been looking for any and I figure I will wait a bit longer for when I feel it's developmentally appropriate. I think I'm going to have to see my in-laws in a couple of weeks so I'll be prepared for a bit of 'debate' on several things lol! Nothing I can't handle...

Otherwise my week is pretty quiet this week compared to last. I was hoping to meet a friend for coffee tomorrow morning but it depends a bit on the weather. What is everyone else up to? (apart from work for those that are back...) Cara - when are you back at work? Sorry, but my memory is shocking at the moment...

Well, sorry if I have bored you all but thought I'd get another post on this quiet thread lol!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 am

Just typed a nice long post - hit submit - gone!!! what the heck???

Anyway - will have to re-type later.......

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 am

Oh no - how annoying!!

I think Eli is definitely teething now. His cheeks are bright red tonight and over the last few days he hasn't quite been himself. Naps during the day haven't been as good and he's been a bit grumpy at times. Any sign of any teeth for Kyle yet?
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:19 pm

Claire: !!!!! Nice to hear from you!!! Glad you are doing well and work is going good. Sounds like Charley is doing well also!! Isn’t it great when you pick them up after work they are happy to see you? I can’t wait to get to Kyle at the end of the day and get that big smile!!! (DS1 isn’t so excited anymore when I pick him up lol sometimes I even hear “mom why are you picking me up now??? LOL – atleast he likes his after school camp!!!) That’s great!!! Hope everything goes well for the inspection. Hope work (new supervisor) continues to go well. Update us when you can!!!

Rachel: Sure sounds like Eli will get a tooth soon – Kyle is still just drooling and chewing like crazy!!! We don’t have any snow here – but its COLD!! Supposed to be -30F with the wind chill!!! Brrrrr!! I am glad we don’t have any snow though – the cold is horrible but so much easier to deal with than snow!!! Sorry your MIL & FIL are such pains….is Eli their first/only grandchild????

EOE: Hi!!! Come chat when you can

AFM: Kyle is still sick…this is getting so old!!! I am getting zero sleep – but did take him to the doctor on Friday. Wednesday night he didn’t sleep well but we got some sleep (his nose is just so stuffy) and Thursday I only had to work a few hours – my boss had told me I could take the rest of the day off if I worked in the morning while he went out of town to get some materials and I got to bring Kyle to work with me!!! (What a boss huh??) So that was nice cause I was tired but Kyle hardly slept all day…..then Thursday night from midnight – 6am I got maybe 30 minutes of sleep…….Kyle woke up at 330am and about 4am started crying and screaming until finally passing out at 5am…poor guy! Between his teeth and his stuffy nose he didn’t want to eat – yet was starving…….it was horrible. So he finally fell asleep and then from 6-730am I got about an hour of sleep with him then was up for the day. I did not go to work Friday and took Kyle to see his doctor. I had DH take us since the doctor is over an hour away from our house – with no sleep I did not want to chance driving that far. The doctor started him on antibiotics to see if that clears up the cough/nose issues….I hope it does – Kyle and I need some sleep!!! On a good note Kyle gained 8-10 ounces in 2 weeks!!! YAY!!! Bad note….he’s had diarrhea since starting the antibiotic so has probably lost a few ounces….poor guy – it’s the last thing he needs!! Last night I kept having to change his diaper (he slept like crap again!!!) everytime he got up……

Anyway – sorry to carry on…..

Hope everyone is well

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups