The babymakers #3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The babymakers #3

Postby carak21 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi girls!!! Yes it has been quite.

Oh krissy sorry about the long post disappearing I know how bad that can piss someone off lol!! Hope Kyle is good!! Are you off work today for MLK day?

Hi Rachel- I like your updating us on whatever is going on and keeping the board active! I go back to work in two weeks :( the first week of February. I'm so sad about going back but I will be glad once I do. I'm sorry to hear Eli is getting his teeth but I'm sure you'll be glad once they are in. Crazy about the snow. I would love a little bit of snow but that won't happen where I live. It gets cold but not cold enough for snow :(. Although last year we only had two cold days-so basically no winter and then this year we've had maybe three weeks of cold. It stinks you'll have to fight with your in laws about what's best for Eli, they have to realize you mom and you do what's right for your baby. I'm not sure when I'll start Archer on solids. I may start giving him a but of rice cereal at night at around 3 1/2 to 4 months but I'm not sure. If I do it won't be a lot probably just a couple teaspoons. My husband grabbed in of my strawberries this morning and tried to feed it to him! Ah crazy man but funny Archer was loving it. Just licking it like crazy until I slapped my husband and he finally stopped.

Hi Claire-hopefully you can come back soon.

Emily-glad things are getting better. I'm sure Aaron will experience a bit a jealousy at first and maybe even back track. Like he will want to be the baby. I've seen it many times in 2-4 year olds. But they soon get used to the change and grow to love their siblings! I'm glad she's such a good baby! FX it stays easy for you. I remember saying how easy Archer was for the first two weeks an then bam-things changed. I love my baby but he can be a pain sometimes :)

Afm-my cousin who is more like my sister hemorrhaged last night and ended up having her baby this morning at 28 weeks 5 days gestation! The baby weighed 2 lbs 7 ozs and has been transported to another hospital. Please keep her in your prays, I know she's a fighter though :) little Jaidynn Rosalee. Last night me and dh tried to go on a date last night and I left Archer with my mom. Well after dinner I called to check on him and he was crying not wanting to eat. I couldn't handle that do we went home and I picked up my baby. My mon was rocking him and when I got him from her he got this big smile on his face. Oh I was so sad and felt so bad for leaving him an messing up his nighttime routine. So going back to work is going to be that much harder. Going to spend the day with my cousin!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi Cara.....no i was not off today for MLK day - were you??? All our schools were still open - only a few banks (not all of them) and the post office was closed.....Kyle is still not feeling well - I just laid him down for the night so we'll see if I get some sleep tonight......Sending thoughts and prayers for your cousin - that is scary!!!! Make sure you tell DH not to give Archer licks of "high allergy" foods....you don't want an allergic reaction in a baby!!! Kyle loves to lick and taste things though too - but he is also eating some solids and he loves them...he sits in his chair and squeals and makes all kinds of noises (happy and mmmmmm noises) when he eats. It's adorable!!! Sorry Archer did not like you leaving him :( I don't think it will be so bad for him during the day - night time is totally different!!! Are you getting nervous / excited to go back to work????

AFM: Just got Kyle to bed.....he laid down well I am just crossing my fingers for a good night. He has had 7 doses of his antibiotic now (he will get 20) so I am hoping we'll see some improvement. I picked him up early from daycare today - just an hour early - but when I got there he was crying and all upset - he had just woke up and they were trying to feed him.....he just didn't want to eat!! He wasn't hungry at that moment (picky picky huh???) I tried giving him the bottle and he started to fuss so we just sat and talked and walked around and got his stuff and hung out for a little bit (since sometimes 5 minutes after crying that he does not want to eat he wants to eat!!!) So he seems happy and content so I load him in his car seat and we head out in the freezing cold - get not even a minute away and yup - crying cause he's hungry!!! So poor guy we drove to pick up DS1 then I gave him his bottle in his car seat there....silly boy!!! But if he doesn't wanna eat he's not gonna eat!!! I think the daycare thinks thats funny since it had been quite awhile since he had eaten - they just assumed he would be hungry. Othertimes he eats after only 2 hours.....

Anyway - nothing really to report just feeling chatty!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:08 am

Lovely to hear from you ladies. I read your posts this morning (it's now mid-afternoon) so I'll try to remember what was in them but excuse me if I forget some things!

Krissy - I'm sorry Kyle is still not very well and your sleep has been so disrupted. Hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick. He sounds so funny when he's eating solids! I can't wait to see what Eli does with food. I hope things are a bit easier for you over the next few days. That's funny that he didn't want his milk and then no sooner are you in the car and he cries. Babies are so funny!

So sorry to hear about your cousin's baby, Cara. Hopefully things will go okay for them. Yes my MIL and FIl are complete pains - partly because he's the only grandchild - and partly because that's just the way they are. I won't be letting anyone push me around though :wink: That's funny about DH and the strawberry. Do you think you'll make your own food purees for Archer or buy some? I don't think I'd bother making my own - there seem to be really good brands over here with all organic food etc.

Well I managed to get out for a coffee this morning which was great. For some reason our street has seen a snow plough this year every day we've had snow - previous years we've never had a plough and couldn't get the car out. I've no idea why this year is different but I'm not complaining! Eli is still a bit fussy today - he grumps when he's not tired and needs constant amusing - I'm running out of new ways of entertainin him!! Any ideas welcome.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Rachel: I am hoping the antibiotics do the trick also - the daycare said they noticed a difference in him :D I have as well but its nice others are seeing it too......he is very funny when he eats and when he wants to eat (solids) he won't take a bottle....I am trying to work with him to take the bottle first so he gets as much BM as possible - but sometimes he has his mind made up and that's it!!! I feel so bad when he starts to cry in the car since there is not much I can do for him!! But I really hate it when I know he's hungry and he just cries and cries!!! I've sat in parking lots feeding him in his car seat.....whatever you gotta do :D What kind of little toys and things do you have to entertain Eli?? It's a little different for me and Kyle since during the week I don't see him much he wants my attention all the time - its a little easier since I don't see him all day and we don't get a lot of time together ( :( ) because I am not entertaining him long...of course I would much rather have more time...but any ways. Does he like to sit in a swing or bouncy chair?? Or do you have a little activity saucer you can put him in??? He should have enough control of himself to be in one of those - they have them at our daycare ( you can buy them at any department or baby store) and most of the kids love them - once they can control their bodies and heads a little of course......
That's great you got out for coffee and they are plowing your road!!! It is still crazy cold here!! -30F again!!!!! Yikes!!!

Anyway not much to say - hoping and praying Kyle has another good night tonight - I just laid him down almost an hour ago so we'll see how tonight goes!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby aaronsmummy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:08 am

again i've missed a whole lot of chatter! hopefully you'll forgive me having a newborn :wink:

just a quick update on me - aaron has FINALLY had 2 days in a row where he hasn't cried when he's dropped off at kindergarten! amazing! and his nighttime routine is back to normal, after stories he has his cuddle and kiss, i walk out the room and we don't hear from him again til the morning! phew...

baby lexi is doing great - still so quiet but she is gradually finding her voice, she made some noise during her bath time yesterday (and big brother aaron helped - well sort of!!). breastfeeding is going just great, i can't believe how lucky i am to have 2 children take to it so easily and no problems, the engorgement has settled down now and my boobs are feeling good! :D overall i'm one happy mama

i promise i'll find the time to catch up on personals soon ladies, just having my parents over we've been quite busy (taken lexi out for her first trip to the aquarium this week - lol not that she knew we were even there, it was more for aaron) :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:00 am

Hi Emily!!

Good to hear from you!! Glad things are going well with both aaron and lexi thats great!!! We understand that you are one busy (happy!!!!!) mama!!! Hope things continue to go well for you!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:54 am

Lovely to hear from you Emily. Glad things are going so well for you - and of course we understand that posts may be shorter/less often with a newborn!

Krissy thanks for the suggestions about activity for Eli. He likes his bouncy chair but we don't have a baby saucer (I'd never even heard of one until you mentioned it - so I'm going to look into getting one of those). I really hope Kyle is better for you by the time he's had all of his antibiotic doses. Fingers crossed.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to vent a bit here ladies. I've already told you that MIL and FIL have been a total pain about me BF, but that's not even the half of what poor DH (and I) have to put up with. They said they want to come through to see us in a couple of weeks and the last time they came they said they were coming at a certain time (which didn't suit us) and that was it, they weren't able to come at any other time (even though they don't do anything so could come any time they like). After quite a few conversations they eventually agreed reluctantly to come through to see us at a time that suited us. They insisted they come to our house (and this was at a time where I could only really get out and about when DH was home). After that I told DH "I'll do this this time, but in future it's going to have to be what suits us." You see we really didn't want to have to spend all day at home when the weekends were our only chance to get out together.... Anyway, they're coming through to see us in a couple of weeks and I told DH we could meet them in the city centre and go for lunch or coffee, whatever they want to do. Well they were on the phone last night saying "we want to come to your house - it's not the same seeing him [LO] anywhere else." I mean, WTF, what is that supposed to mean?! We both want to meet them in the city because we like to get out and about at the weekends and I spend so much time at home during the week when DH is at work, the last thing I want to do is spend half of the weekend at home too. I really find it difficult to like them. This is only one example of how inconsiderate and controlling they are. They already have a daughter-in-law who doesn't speak to them (she HATES them) and now I feel like they're going to end up with another one who can't stand to be around them. They're just so selfish, think that everyone else is wrong and they are right all the time, and there's no reasoning with them because MIL throws a tantrum and FIL has always let her get her way... Why don't they understand that the more you try to control people, the less they want to do with you?

Ugh, sorry to rant on... I don't really know what you ladies can say to make me feel better - but it helps me to be able to rant to someone. I don't want to upset DH by telling him what I really think (although I think he has a fair idea anyway). Thanks for listening lol!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:25 am

Rachel: Vent anytime!!!! I am not really sure what to say either but I think you are 100% right about them needing to come when it works for you & DH and I understand about wanting to go out and do something.....I think your MIL & FIL are being a little selfish......what does DH say??? Does he stand up to them or say something to them??? I don't have much experience as my MIL & FIL are great and we get along so well.....my dad is also great and there for us and really for DS1 now that he is older - they hang out almost every weekend (I think I have mentioned that before....sorry to repeat!) but my mother has not been in our lives for over 3 years.....even though it sounds horrible my life is better and easier because of it....a lot of people don't understand that but those who know the entire situation understand........I'm sorry I can't offer you anymore than just an ear to listen........

AFM: Kyle seems to feeling better and better - well I think so.....we have had 3 nights (don't jinx it don't jinx it lol!!!!!) that Kyle slept!!! He still gets up to eat of course (sometimes now its 3xnight instead of 2......) but he is sleeping IN HIS CRIB otherwise :D :D so I am happy with that progress!!!! And daycare says they can see a difference also :D not much else to report.....

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks Krissy. Yes DH does stand up to his parents (although he didn't always used to) but the problem is they just completely ignore what he says. I hear him repeating the same thing over and over on the phone and when I ask what his dad said in reply he says "he just ignored me." We had a big argument years ago when they asked for keys to our new house before we even had keys. Now they don't have any boundaries so I didn't let them have keys because they'd be calling over unannounced all the time, opening our mail, going through our things (that's what they did to DH before we got married) and I wasn't having that kind of behaviour! Anyway, when they said "oh we'll have the spare keys to your new house" I said "we haven't even discussed that ourselves yet", his mother repeated herself, I repeated myself, then she said "oh we'll just have keys though" and I said "we haven't even discussed it yet" and DH stood and said nothing the whole time. Anyway, long story short is that I got my way and they don't have keys! It's just as well too. DH likes to avoid arguments if he can help it so for years he just didn't let them bother him but when I arrived on the scene I said enough is enough, they can't treat you like a child any more. He says things like opening his mail used to irritate him but it wasn't worth the argument! Thankfully he stands up to them a lot more now. Ugh, the more I think about stupid things they've done over the years the more I dislike them!!

I can understand about your mum without knowing any more. I have a good friend who hasn't seen her mother in about 10 years and she is definitely better off that way. You can't choose your family, only your friends! I'm glad you have great parents-in-law though, that must be really good for you. And of course it sounds like DS1 loves your dad too! When LO is older I'm definitely not going to be a nightmare MIL - I've learnt enough about that from my MIL!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm

Rachel: Wow....sounds like MIL & FIL are a lot to deal with.......I would not want them to have a key to my house either if that's how they act!!! My dad is the only one with a key to our house but we trust that he does not enter without letting us know.....I am sure though we would give my MIL & FIL a key - there just hasn't been a reason too.....glad DH does say something to them though weather they listen or not - atleast he stands up and tries to say something!!!

I agree on being a nightmare MIL!!! I am also just trying not to be a nightmare mother lol!!!! I have learned about that!! I am pretty lucky with my MIL & FIL and also with SIL (DH has a brother and 2 sisters but I am close with 1 sister) I am an only child so I have really liked having SIL :D

Work day is almost done for me.......gone between being really busy and really quiet.....these days sometimes are the worst as I like to be busy then it quiets down and seems to drag on forever....days when its quiet all day atleast I get used to it right away.......

Miss our other mamas!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:23 am

I miss everyone else too!

Well, there was definitely no reason for MIL or FIL to have a key to our house. We don't even live near them, and now my parents are close by and they have keys but they'd never dream of calling over unannounced and they've never done things like DH's parents so it all worked out fine!! I'm an only child too and so is SIL but I don't really know her that well if I'm honest. They're not having kids so unfortunately all of DH's parent's focus will be on us... I'm determined to not let them get to me. If they want to be silly then that's their problem.

Well it has just started snowing really heavily here. Eli is in his cot napping. I have a few things I need to do with him but trying to decide what order to do things in. Now that he's 4 months I need to start the process of not swaddling him at night - but I'm worried he won't sleep as well so I've started letting him have his arms out for daytime naps to see if they're ok. He's definitely fussy at the moment - and he is definitely teething now - sometimes he has squealed when putting his fingers in his mouth as if his gums are sore. Also his daytime naps have gone haywire - he won't sleep for longer than 45 minutes whereas before he would have 1.5 to 2 hours at lunch time. He now wakes up at 3pm and wont go back to sleep. it means he's been in bed by 630pm the last few nights because he's so tired. It might be due to the teething or it might just be a fussy few weeks anyway. I need to move him to his room and want to do that in the next couple of weeks, and also I need to think about starting a few solids with him. I'm just SO worried everything will make his sleep worse - I don't know what to do first lol!

Sorry to ramble on...

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:21 am

Rachel: Hi!!! Glad you won't let MIL & FIL get to you! :D As far as Eli I know sometimes it's harder as they get older!!! Kyle doesn't usually get swaddled (I think daycare might on occasion) but at home I never really did - at night sometimes I will "wrap" him from armpits down but the blanket is more like a dress lol it's not tucked or anything......Kyle is still chewing on his hands like crazy and drooling but no tooth...and he seems like his gums hurt when drinking at times....solids of course it's ok so some days he wants to eat more food then BM....poor boys :( I feel so bad when they are teething since there is just not much you can do for them....Kyle sometimes won't sleep in the afternoon either.....most days when he's at daycare he'll come home (pick up around 4:15 - 4:30pm) and doesn't usually sleep - or will sleep 20-30 minutes I think he just wants to see me and everyone at home since we're apart all day but if he didn't

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 am

Sorry for the shortened post - my computer was being funny and I didn't wanna lose what I had already typed!!!

so what I was saying......if Kyle didn't sleep much in the afternoon at daycare I wonder if thats why sometimes at night he sleeps so poorly - overtired??? Take yesterday - at daycare he slept from 7:45am - 10:15am then I think it was 11:45am-12:20pm then from 12:20pm until I got there at 4:30pm they said he maybe napped for 15 minutes....so we got home and he did nap about 45 minutes from maybe 5:45pm - 6:30pm or something like that but then last night he slept really bad again......So I wonder is he so over tired that he then can't sleep well?????? Cause there have been a few times that he hardly sleeps during the day then sleeps really bad that night.......hmmmmm

Otherwise not much else to report - as stated Kyle did not sleep well last night so I am happy it is the weekend and I can maybe get a little extra sleep.......

Anyway - sorry for the long post :D Hope everyone is well

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm here :) just tired lol trying to get charley down for a nap but she slept in this morning so she'll take a while before napping I think. At the moment she's laying on my bed with me and playing with her bottle's travel lid lol i love that bottles come with built in toys :-p lol

H0ping and Rach - I found that better/ longer naps = better night sleep. This has been true for charley and her cousin Tahlia (who's a bit difficult at times). I also found research to back this up, so if u can get your LOs to nap well night sleep will be better.
Also if charley is unsettled and crying of a night, usually with her hands in her mouth or after chewing the bottle top, I give her a small dose of pain relief and it seems to work like magic, can't sleep if the gums hurt.
And lastly starting solids with charley got out night sleeps upto 12 hrs average +\- 2 hrs. I give her a big meal Of solids at bed time and then she drinks about 1 1/2 bottles of formula aswell. obviously I started with just a few little spoons of solids but these days my monkey eats a tonne! She'll eat some fruit at morning tea/lunch with grandma ( ate a whole mashed banana the other day ) then dinner is 1 1/2 tablespoons of rice cereal mixed with 3 tablespoons of formula and 1 1/2 table spoons of baby food.

If your interested this is roughly our afternoon/ night routine

We get home and she has a bit of bottle, cuddles and play for about an hr
Bath if bath day
Then we change her nappy and put her pjs on (singlet lol) and a bib
We feed her the solids and clean up the resulting mess
Sometimes bath in here instead if she wasn't upto a bath day but made a big mess lol
I ensure her room is ready and dark (except night lights)
She is offered her bottle straight after solids but usually she will only take a little amount.
I put her into her cot, tuck her in and turn on her seahorse lullaby toy n kiss her good night. Shell usually take the most bottle once she's tucked in so I offer it before I leave the room.
On occasion she won't take much bottle at tuck in time. On These days I say good night to her and leave anyway. And 5-10 mins later she will winge for the bottle back and empty it without fail everytime.
Then she rolls to the side a little and goes to sleep, until morning :)

Shes a super well behaved bubba tho so don't stress if your LOs are not so easy at bed time. I know people with 3 yr olds who have never done this kind of thing successfully at bed time.

Hope that helps a little ladies. Charley definately sleeps better now she's on solids and formula. She always slept well but now it's all night every night :) very rare shell wake once she's down :)

Anyway little missy is in her cot now going down for her nap, im in my bed listening to her grumble and chat over the monitor, and now this mummas going to take a nap too :)
Will try n pop back this evening to do more update n less advice
Thinking of you all always xxx

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Claire!!!!!! Good to hear from you......thanks for the info and charley's schedule...kyle defiantly eats (solids) like a little piggy :D although you'd never know it he'sso tiny....and he is definitely used to his routine as far as getting his solids...... And as far as sleeping sometimes I just don't remember from when ds1 was little.....I have been trying to think back the last few days and ya it just seemed Kyle slept better at night after good daytime sleep.....today at daycare he only slept about 2 hours though :( but then he slept from about 445-645pm then got him ready for bed about 730 asleep by 8pm - a little later then usual bit only because of the late / long nap so we'll see how he sleeps tonight.....he is no where near ready to sleep through the night and that's ok....if he would get up to eat ad back to sleep that's ok and some nights he does that but others he has a hard time falling back to sleep or just wakes up to eat 3-4 times - normal" would be up 2x to eat....
Anyway how is work???? Are you adjusting ok to being a working mama now???? Would love to see some updated pics of charley when you have time they grow so fast!!!! Good to gear from you understand you are busy though :D

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups