The babymakers #3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The babymakers #3

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:45 am

Hi ladies,
Thanks for posting your nap schedules etc.

Last night Eli slept right through from 7pm until 530am - I couldn't believe my eyes when I checked my watch and it said 530am!! Probably won't happen again tonight but who knows...!

Krissy - the people I got advice from with regard to sleep told me not to let him nap after 5pm as it can mean they sleep less overnight. I've also been told not to get him up before 6am because feeding between 5am and 6am encourages them to wake up early. I haven't really seen a pattern with Eli in terms of good day naps/good night sleep - I've definitely had days where his naps have been awful and his night sleep has been good and vice versa. I guess when it comes to sleep and the advice all babies are different! The only thing different I've done the last 2 nights is cut out night feeds completely. He woke up about 3 or 4 times after midnight the first night and then not at all last night (fingers crossed this continues!)

Ugh, I've had such an irritating weekend. Yesterday my mobile phone stopped working and I've been on the phone 6 times since then to customer services and they keep telling me different things. I'm starting to go mad without my phone!! And it's still not sorted - I'm waiting for someone to call me back again... Such a pain.

How is everyone else doing? Hope you've had good weekends...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 am

Hi Rachel how did Eli do???? Sounds like the sleep training is going well :D Kyle is so back and forth its hard to know what helps and what doesn't.....it seems he sleeps better when he's had good daytime naps even if its a late one......and for him getting up early is no biggie since I get up at 5am during the week....its nice when he sleeps later so I can pump and maybe get a few things done before he gets up but itnit really a big deal either way.....did you get your phone situation figured out and taken care of??? Sounds frustrating!!!!

Eoe we miss you know your busy but I'd love an update on archer and charley and lexi and charlotte and their mamas too!!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 am

Hi,
Well he slept through again from 645pm until 530am today - I'm delighted!! I did get my phone sorted out in the end - Sunday evening after a total of 6 calls to customer service - so frustrating!

It's funny how all babies are different - I hate it when you read things and people say 'you have to do this' or 'have to do that'. It's whatever works in my opinion. And I quite often hear from friends who have more than 1 that what worked for 1 child didn't work for the next one :)

Ah, where is everyone else?
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 am

Wow!! That's great Eli slept well again!!! That makes for 1 happy mama I am sure!!! I think it's great when Kyle only gets up twice lol!!!!!
Glad you got your phone sorted out......how frustrating!!!

It is funny how different each child it - it is also interesting how different doctors can be - like Cara's telling her Archer should be sleeping through the night at 2 months!!!! 8O 8O That's crazy!!!!

I agree......where is everyone......I hope we didn't scare them off :D 8O

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby aaronsmummy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:13 pm

i'll check in with a proper update soon - just finding the time at the moment seems mission IMPOSSIBLE!! my big boy is still finding the adjustment to his new sibling difficult, he's a good big brother at the moment, but i'm not used to the baby behaviour he has slipped into. we've started a new star chart today to try and emphasise the good 'big boy' behaviour we see and focus on the positive - fingers crossed it works some magic, so far its going well but time will tell!!

sorry but thats it for now ladies, i'll be back when i can :wink: hope you're all doing great!!
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 am

Em great to hear from you!!!! We understand its busy with a newborn plus you have Aaron!!! Sorry you've been having some behavior trouble. Hopefully he will learn to accept his new role in the family soon. Glad everything else seems to be going well.....

Afm: just starting my day as always......pumping...Kyle is still sleeping :D and hopefully stays that way for a little while longer...not much else going on we got some snow Sunday night made for yucky driving yesterday :( especially because it was warm enough to be raining so everything turned to slush....yuck!!! Hoping it didn't freeze last night.... Anyway its 530am here and I am already beyond tired!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:01 am

Hi Emily - great to hear from you!

Krissy - hope you have a good day despite feeling so tired. Good on Kyle for letting you pump this morning before he wakes up!

AFM I'm off to a mother and babies group for the first time this afternoon. About to get ready for it and I may have to wake Eli up from his nap to feed him before we go. I hate waking him up!! Anyway, gotta go as in a bit of a rush now. Hopefully chat to you girls later...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:51 am

Rachel: Hope your mommy and baby group goes well :D sounds like fun - what do you / did you do there????? We don't have many things like that where we are......Kyle woke up almost immediately after I hit "submit" lol little stinker!! I only had a few minutes of pumping left though and thankfully he did not wake up screaming!!! Wanted his breakfast though - oatmeal and fruit :D poor guy was hungry and hardly took a breather through the oatmeal!!! He has gotten to know I get up and sit in my chair and get food and mama picks me up and I get food when I get home.....the other day picked him up from daycare early and he was hungry so I thought I'd make him a bottle since it was only about 4pm - he could eat "dinner" later....NOPE!!!! had to eat food - will scream and cry if you give him the bottle and he wants food!!!! 8O stubborn little guy who knows what he wants and like to eat his food!!!

Anyway - it's raining again today :( then tomorrow its supposed to snow and be less then 10F!!! What the heck??? Our weather is crazy!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Alright maybe I can do an appropriate post now. Things have been kind of riff with Archer lately so finding time to post is rare.

Krissy-glad to see Kyle is feeling better. Is he sleeping better now? I can't believe it's so cold where you are. I hate the cold weather. Today it was 82 degrees so we were in shorts. It is supposed to get colder again this weekend but that means low 60s to us lol. I go back to work next week :)

Rachel-Eli is a rock star sleeping that much at night! Congrats mama your doing good! How much does he eat during the day? Does it seem like more to account for his missed meals at night?

Claire-hope your doing well. We know your very busy but how is charley doing on formula?

Emily-I'm sorry to hear Aaron is still doing the baby act. He's younger so his adjustment is just going to take a bit longer but he will get the hang of it! How's Lexi?

Update on me-Archer has been a piss ant for about 5 days, crying non stop and I could not for the life of meade him stop. I finally found a magical pacifier and gripe water and so far our fussiness is out the window. I go back to work on Monday which is only 6 days away and I am excited about it. I will be working 8-2 so that's wonderful. I may try to get there a little earlier say around 730 but we will see how our morning play out. I've been eating oatmeal every morning for the last couple of weeks and the past few days I have pumped like 12 ozs in 8 hrs and that's after the baby eats! It's crazy. I have almost 250 ozs frozen and I've been pumping for almost a month. Me and Casey actually got to go out last Saturday night. A friend had a big hog roast and a dj. So we spent the whole day there with the baby then around 7 came home for our nighttime routine and after he fell asleep my mom came over and sat with him. We stayed out about 4 hrs and had a good time. It was nice to get out and see some friends. Everyone was mad because "I don't look like I had a baby" lol. But Friday night and Saturday night me and dh were both up til 1 am and I still haven't caught up on my sleep! So I'm exhausted. I'm going to let Archer go hang out with Grandma a little tomorrow and let her give him a bottle because he hasn't had one in about a 3 weeks I'm worried he won't take it. Every day this week I have a lunch date with a gf because when I go back I won't be taking lunch. So it's been a busy week. Dh bought me a new bikini for valentines day :) I love it! I think I'm going to start cutting out a nighttime feed too. I'm so tired by the time he wakes up at 5 I'm worried I'm ginna be wore slap out after work. So I'm think 130 is a good time to get up to eat and then 6 or 630 for good. If he gets up at 6, he can nurse an get dressed, and then I can pump. Then I can get dressed and eat breakfast and we can be out of the house by 715. Which puts me at work around 735-740. Well see how it works out tonight :) I'll post some updated pics in the pic thread shortly. Everyone have a good day!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:30 am

Krissy - I really enjoyed the group yesterday. It was at our local church and there were only 4 other mamas there but Eli had a great time with the other babies! I'll be going back again next week.

Cara - so great to hear from you! Sorry Archer has been so fussy recently - I'm assuming it'll pass though and thank goodness the paci and gripe water helped. I bet you'll be looking forward to getting back to work. Your days sound like they'll work out really well in terms of the time you spend at work and at home. Eli is on 4 feeds a day then I top him up just before he goes to bed, but he often doesn't eat all that much at that time. I've no idea if he's eating more than he used to as before I got him into a routine I was just demand feeding so he was snacking rather than taking a full feed. He definitely doesn't seem too hungry though. He tends to eat 3 hourly in the morning and then 3.5 to 4 hourly during the afternoon. Wow, I can't believe how much milk you're able to pump lol!! Maybe I should start eating oatmeal too...

Uh oh, I hear him waking up from his first nap - so time to feed again!

I'll pop back later on.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:00 am

Cara!!!!!!! Started responding back yesterday......but got interupped and didn't get to finish!!! I know it's hard to update here but we miss ya!!! Hope Archer continues to do better - that's so hard when they are so fussy like that....Kyle is feeling better but sleep is questionable.....he is able to breathe while sleeping so that is a BIG plus - he is just still (some nights) waking up a lot......very tiring.....last night he go laid down about 7:30pm - ate again at 8:45pm then again at 11pm then 1:30am then 4:40am (although at 4:40am I think he was just close to getting up for the morning and wanted to be held because he really didn't eat) but then other nights he is down about 7-7:30pm up between 11-12am and 3-4am - his more "usual" routine.....I know part of it is he still has not gotten a tooth but his mouth KILLS him :( and since he hardly eats all day he is not getting his calories in.....I might try to cut down feeding him when he gets up at night to try to push him to eat more during the day but some days he doesn't drink much at all even with the night feedings....the nice thing about bottle feeding BM is I can keep track - and like yesterday from 12am to 12am (24 hours) he only drank 22 ounces....granted normal for his age is 24-35 so he is not too far under but still...he is tiny to begin with!! I don't know I don't know what to do....the doctor said to cut feedings in half at night to eventually cut them out but again I worry will he really eat more during the day??? On the weekends he eats a little more "evenly" because we are together but he still gets up at night...and can I really handle listening to him cry??? oh boy I don't know I just don't know......how is Archer's night time schedule now????
I hate cold weather also....yet I still live here lol!!! My DH lived in Florida for 20 years or so (I think around age 2-20) and his aunt and uncle live there still (well as does other family) and they come to visit 1xyear in July and at night they always wear winter coats - they always come for the 4th of July so when we go watch fireworks they wear winter coats (its usually 60-70 degress) lol it's always kinda funny - they get a lot of weird looks!!!
Back to work next week - sounds like you are all set with your pumping schedule and a good "stash" already!!! Sounds like pumping is going well then??? How long do you pump for each time and how much do you get????? Sounds like the oatmeal is really helping! Sounds like your plan to get Archer to only eat once at night would also work out well....hopefully he will get well by grandma during the day too
Would love to see some pics of Archer - he is getting so big already 2 1/2 months!! Crazy!!! I will try and post some of Kyle this weekend - he will be 5 months on Sunday!!!! I find out Friday an updated weight on him - on Jan. 4th he was 12 pounds 5 ounces - that's really 1 of only a few good things that come out of the boys illness is I get an updated weight (for both) every 4 weeks. And right now for Kyle that is great. Poor guy had yucky stomach for almost 2 weeks while on the antibiotics so I wonder how much he really gained since he seemed to need to be changed every 2 mintues :(

Rachel: Sounds like your mommy group went well - I wish we had something like that here - although with me working full time I probably wouldn't be able to go anyway :( but Kyle does enjoy being around the other babies at daycare - and the other babies also seem to enjoy eachother....it's pretty cute watching them all. I just can't get over how well Eli sleeps!!!!! I am happy if Kyle only gets up twice!!! And he only eats 4 full feeds a day!! Wow he must drink quite a bit at each feed!! Which ok according to my doctor (which I always take this with a grain of salt because each baby is different) at Kyle's 4 month check up he said Kyle should take 6-7 ounces of milk (formula or BM the sheet says) 4-5 times per day for a total of 24-35 ounces per day. So based on that Eli is right on track!!! Kyle on the other hand at 5 months old is such a crazy eater and only eats 3-4 ounces a feed!!! Like yesterday he took a total of I think 22 ounces in a 24 hour period (yes I am that crazy mom with a little notebook on the table that records each feed and amount taken.......) but then other days he is 26-27 ounces....so he varies between 22-27 I would say with a RARE day of 28-30......and most feeds are 4 ounces at the most usually. Now this past weekend he had several feeds of 5-6 ounces 8O so didn't eat as many times (one day he ate 5 ounces then an hour later ate another 5!!!!!! 8O ) but again this is rare and almost only when he is with me (a few occasions at daycare he has taken 2 bottles close together) But if he doesn't want to eat or if he is full he is done - which of course I don't want to over fed or "over ride" that "full meter" and cause problems later in life which is why I have kinda just gone by his schedule. But at the same time I'm tired lol!!!!!!! And as I said on the weekends he is totally different than during the week so there is ZERO schedule except his going to bed bottle and then his "solids" I am at a loss on the best way to move forward - I love that snuggle time with him at night but only to a point!!! But yet if he is actually eating (his 3-4 usual ounces) then I don't wanna just let him cry - would be different if he got up to eat an ounce but he is usually hungry when he gets up and eats a "regular" feed.....what are your thoughts????

Sorry for the book ladies - I am just really trying to figure out Kyle and his eating. I would love to just be able to be with him more so maybe he would get on some what of a schedule but with my job it's just not an option...and I really don't want to quit my job and find a different one because it's not like this will be a problem that continues for years (not that I wouldn't love to be home even part time until Kyle goes to school......) I know you ladies are new at this but I am open to any suggestions - thoughts - etc.....sometimes just another brain or two is helpful!!!!!!

Thank you!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Oh Krissy - some of your nights don't sound too good with all those feeds. I'm not really sure what to advise as I understand your difficulty with working and him not eating that much for others. What I do wonder about though is if you tried milk reduction overnight to see if he would increase the amount he feeds at each sitting during the day? By this I mean instead of feeding his usual 3-4 ounces overnight you could decide you will only feed 3 for a while and then gradually reduce by an ounce every so often. But I suspect you may have to get to a point where you decide no matter what happens you are only going to feed twice overnight or 4 hourly - so if he wakes before then you'd have to try to settle him another way. When I got advice about Eli's sleep I know they advise some people to go down the 4 hour route of feeding only if it's been 4 hours since the last feed, but part of their strategy is to get them into a regular routine during the day to avoid them snacking - so taking larger feeds at regular intervals. I just gradually moved Eli to regular feeds of 3 hours to begin with and didn't have too much bother, despite the fact he'd been feeding before then whenever he liked. Although at his age now he should be on 4 hours but we don't quite make that at the moment, plus I still like him to have 4 feeds a day!

I know it's anxiety-provoking thinking he may not eat as much, but I suspect if he's hungry enough to eat at night, if you can gradually phase out those feeds then he'll feel more hungry during the day and he should eat...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Rachel: Yes that is what I meant - not offering him so much at the nighttime feeds and slowly offer less and less and just hope that he eats more during the day......I know that if he is hungry he will eat it just makes me nervous since he is already so small......but I may just take the plunge and try it.......I just put him to bed about 30 minutes ago and he only drank 1 ounce!!! So I know he will be up before 10pm to eat again.....he ate his "dinner" a little later than usual then had some juice and water with Tylenol in it (he hates the taste so I do juice / water and add the medicine) so I am sure that "filled" him up even though it is not milk.....I don't normally like to do that before bed but his teeth are just terrible and I had to......so we'll see how it goes I guess.....

Just posted quite a few pics in the picture thread :D

Otherwise we got LOTS of snow today.....driving was horrible - things were closing like crazy. I left work early and picked up Kyle and then DS1 from school and it was just horrible driving!! I wonder if schools will close tomorrow if it's still windy and blowing out :( and Friday I have to take the boys to the hospital for their treatment - the hospital is an hour away :( so I really hope the roads are better........I hate driving in this!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:07 am

Hey ladies just checking in 
I've been flat out with housework - stupid neighbors complained again! Anyway had our inspection this morning and there was no problem there so I can stop stressin and cleaning like mad now. 
Works been crazy busy as well, and I'm taking driving lessons in my lunch breaks so I'm on the go at work constantly as well. 
Add to that, my Internet at home is temporarily disconnected as we haven't had the money to pay the bill, and my mobile gets crap Internet reception so I haven't been able to post to you guys even when I've had time. 

Will try and catch up more over the weekend since I'll finally have some down time. Cross your fingers my phone Internet gets reception lol. 

Charley is doing great. She has no trouble taking the bottle now n drinks between 4-6 x7oz Bottles a day + a small solid feed at lunch and a big one for dinner. Can't be much help on the sleep issues sorry, Charley's been a great sleeper since day 1. I do like a website called babysleepsite for sleeping/ napping info and advice, they send free emails with tips and links. Those having sleep training issues should check it out. There's an option to pay for extra content and personalized sleep plans but I haven't seen the need, the free stuffs great n so is my baby girl :-) 

Shell b 6 months this time next week :-) 

Anyway not going to push my luck with this post, I'll end here and try for more this weekend. Miss you guys!! 

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:45 am

Hi Claire!! So great to hear from you. I'm glad your flat inspection went well. Sorry you don't have internet at home at the moment. I know all about crap internet on my mobile lol! Hopefully yours will be better than usual, but I won't hold my breath! It's great to hear that Charley is doing really well with her bottles too - what a star! And OMG I cannot believe she is almost 6 months already - where does the time go???

Well really just popped in to say hi and hope you can keep reading whenever you get reception on your phone.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups