The babymakers #3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The babymakers #3

Postby carak21 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 am

Hi girls! I'm going to try to update regularly from now on. Archers eating so I have free hands to use.

Rachel-wow I can't believe Eli only eats 4 times a day. I just can't picture Archer a month and a half from now eating only 4 times a day lol. But then again Eli is eating a lot more than Archers measly 3 ozs lol. How did the situation with your in laws go? Did they ever meet up with you all?

Hi Krissy- I wonder why Kyle eats so sporadically. Maybe it's just comfort eating with his mama. You may have to start weening him in his nighttime feeds. Maybe even start having him drink a bottle before he eats solids. Even though he loves them and may fuss, just keep offering the bottle until he takes it and just change his afternoon routine a bit. I think he may be getting full on the solids and not taking enough BM to last through the night. With pumping I only pump twice a day-first thing in the morning and after Archers last feed. I get anywhere from 3-5 ozs out of each breast now, it's amazing! So this weekend I'm going to try and pump after every feed since I'm going to work next week. I'm hoping one pump a day will be ok to keep my supply up and then just nurse regularly at home. And I think Archera fussiness is due to lap colic....I don't know how he got this way I don't hold him all the time. It's just so frustrating especially when DH gets home and just wants me to let him cry. I hate it. I'm just ready for this needy stage to pass. I know you don't get frustrated with him for waking up so often but you need some rest too, seems like your run ragged. You may have to let him cry for a little while til he understands he can't always eat. Maybe send DH in there to comfort him back to sleep, I heard that works well. Archer is such a great nighttime sleeper I don't have much trouble of him taking the paci over the breast. Last night he slept from 730-700 waking up once at 1:40 to eat and once at 5. When the work week starts back well both be getting up at 5 but for now he goes back to sleep until 7.

Claire-nice to hear from you. Sorry the neighbors called in you, how rude. But I'm sure your happy you passed inspection. I can't believe Charley is almost 6 months old. It's crazy to think that we've known each other for so long. Would love to see some updated Charley spam! Take it easy at work ;)

Emily-hope your hanging in there. Update us with a little Lexi and Aaron spam mama when you have time.

I'm doing good today. Just straightened up the house a not while Archer took a 1 1/2 hr nap(YAY). His naps are getting a bit better, I want to start working on getting a naptime schedule going for my mom to follow while I'm at work. I think 3 naps a day in the beginning will be good. A morning nap from 8-10. Then noon nap from 12-2 then a light afternoon nap from 4-5. Well that's my goal at least well see how it goes. He slept only an hr earlier grrr but it's a work in progress. We have a lunch date today with a gf and her baby girl Josie who is 2 weeks older than Archer. I haven't seen her since she was born so I'm excited. We plan to take the babies on the boat this weekend, so excited. Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:07 pm

Wow I missed a little.....

Claire: So nice to hear from you!!! Sorry your neighbors are such a pain in the ...... but glad the inspection went well!!! :D And now you can slow down the cleaning and have a little more time......Glad Charley is doing well and bottle feeding is going well she's such a sweet girl!!!! How is work? Things still good with the new supervisor??? I hope so - I know how bad things were when you were pregnant....

Cara: Thank you - I know Kyle is just comforted and wants to eat with me - it just makes it hard......I can only imagine if I still breastfed him (instead of BM in a bottle) how bad it would be!!! I do try to get him to take the bottle first before the solids but he will have nothing to do with it.....he will scream and cry and go nuts and then he just won't take anything!!! I have tried feeding him less solids and he still doesn't drink much BM.......atleast with his cereal he gets some BM...I don't know he is just odd that way I guess But I also know his teeth are really mucking things up right now - last night he was just so upset and in pain - oh I think I mentioned this - I gave him tylenol before bed and he slept better - not great but he did better than the night before and that can also cause them to not want to drink - sucking hurts the "teeth" guess I should say gums since he has no teeth.....I have a feeling the poor guy is gonna either get more than 1 tooth or he'll get a few real close together - this has been going on over a month!!!! So he could be having issues because of that also....but I don't want to give him tylenol every day either.....I am also going to try letting him belly sleep to see if that helps.....I want to try that before starting to decrease the amount of BM offered at night.....So I am off work this afternoon and he is "belly" napping now for the first time.

So even though Kyle hardly ate before bed last night he didn't get up to eat until 12midnight - not too bad since he only ate 1 ounce around 7pm!!! He woke up a few times before that and a few times after that but was fine with his nuk.....he ate again at 4am and was up just before 6am - so last night was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be....so part of me is hoping his teeth (gums lol) are really just giving him trouble - that once those feel better maybe he'll sleep better???? Otherwise I will start to decrease the amount of BM offered at night......

Thanks for the help and for listening I will keep ya updated (and this is a nice way for me to go back and see how he's doing :D )

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby aaronsmummy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 am

man, i don't know how you ladies find the time for this with the babies!! lol

quick update from me (again, sorry for the lack of personals, i'll get there i'm sure!) aaron is doing well with his star chart on every section EXCEPT the 'be good to my sister' section and the 'stay in my bed all night' section. thankfully he hasn't been making a fuss in the night, BUT he does creep in during the early hours, and when i wake up to feed lexi i notice a toddler shaped lump at the foot of our bed lol. we'll keep working on that. the sister thing? well, its just that he's a bit rough...he wants to kiss her, then does it so hard she cries. sort of over-enthusiasm mixed with jelousy and confusion i think...agh, we're not PUSHING the sibling love on him, i know he needs space to warm up to her etc so we will just give it some time.

anyway, the most likely reason i'm not finding the time to update as much as usual is i'm back to my studies for the new semester. have actually managed (mostly thanks to my parents helping out with the housework and organising at home) to finish 3 study units this week, and will attempt a fourth tonight! that is such a great sense of achievement for me because of juggling a newborn and toddler too...and trying to somehow get rest as well lol

thats it for now ladies, :wink: will put some spam up just now too
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:21 pm

That's great about the study you're getting done Emily. What a lot you have on your plate. Looking forward to more updates but we all understand you have a busy life at the moment lol! I'm glad I'm done with studying now - I can't quite believe it some days.

Glad your last night wasn't as bad as you expected Krissy. It must be horrible for them when they're teething. Eli was awake from about 430 last night until 0520. I'm assuming nights are going to be variable but I still think we're doing well! He's had a little bit of a grumble trying to get over to sleep tonight but now his eyes are shut and I'm sitting with DH having a glass of bubbly as it's the weekend and he was working all last weekend.

Cara - unfortunately I have to see the inlaws tomorrow. They did agree to meet us out somewhere but initially they said 'any time that suits you' - now they're saying they'll be in town from 12noon but need to leave at 230 to get a bus home. Well I normally feed Eli at about 1pm and I'm not feeding in the restaurant in front of them after how DH's father has behaved about BF. So I'm not sure we're going to get lunch at all as Eli has been taking a long time to feed at the moment. He's really impatient if he isn't getting a fast flow of milk and as a result he wants to keep swapping sides then cries if it isn't fast enough lol! It's quite funny to see but means it takes a lot longer to feed him than it used to. Anyway, the inlaws are just doing this to be difficult I think because they've come through for lunch before and not had to leave at any particular time. (I think they're just doing it so they can complain they didn't get to see much of him so next time they need to come to our house - I won't be buying that if that's how they play it ;) ]

Anyway, I splurged on a jumperoo today so it's funny watching Eli get used to it. He's holding his legs off the ground so hasn't quite got the idea yet that he can bounce himself!!

Well, better go have dinner now. Hope you ladies have a great weekend. I should be able to reply if anyone feels like posting!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Sorry I didn't keep you company today Rachel, it was a pretty hectic Friday here. I'm glad the in laws agreed to your terms but of course they are trying to schedule in the middle of lunch for Eli. Could you go feed him in the car, and if they try to say something ugly about bfing, you both can leave. Tell them they don't have to agree with how you feed your son but they can at least respect you and not voice their opinions. And maybe do try don't run in to your weekend time (I know how precious that time is) invite them over for dinner at around 6, that way they can play with him for an hour or so before bed and then what other reason do they have for being there :D. Surprisingly enough most people who find out I'm breastfeeding are more than supportive. They don't tend to ask questions they just kind of push it off. I've had a few people try to get me to try formula but I just say, "why should I when I make enough milk to feed my baby?" that usually shuts them up. I have noticed that the ones who often "recommend" formula are the ones I think are still upset about not BFing or who were unable. More of a conscious jealous feeling they have toward me. Ahhh I don't care how you feed your child as long as they eat but don't try to push something on me when's child is doing just fine if not better than how he should.

Krissy-I guess No child is perfect and they are supposed to make our life's hard from day one. You seem to have such a happy baby yet he is just too fussy of an eater. Whereas Archer is a grump and cries all the day but ways and sleeps wonderful. I guess we cant have it all lol. We will get through it no matter what though, sleep and sanity will be back in our lives soon. But he did do great only waking twice to eat! I have a question though, how do you know when Kyle is hungry over just wanting his pacifier? Archer will always take his paci and I've just never let him go long enough to see if things change for hungry reasons. At night I just do first 6 hrs then 5 an know that when he eats again he can catch up. But he will take his paci up until that feeding window and even during the day if I'm just trying to pacify him until I can get somewhere to feed him he will take his paci.

Emily-lol my catching up is done while nursing. The only time I have two free hands and am able to sit down. But totally a different ball game with a toddler and school work! Im hoping to go back to school when Archer becomes a little older. I'd like to Get a masters in education and when I get too old to continue teaching I can move on to school board officials :) when things start to wind down a bit we will be here!

Claire-I hope your enjoying your weekend. Can't wait to see new Charley pics.

Today has been a stressful day for me. Archer slept horribly last night. I think it was because he was sleeping better during the day so it ruined his schedule at night. I tried to keep him up more today but we had so much running around to do its hard to keep or start a schedule. Then when we got home he cried all afternoon and I was at my brink and just cried. I cannot accomplish anything when he's screaming and even though I want to console him at the same time I want to finish what I started. So in a way I'm glad to be going back to work. Now though Ive heard we have a bit of drama going in so I'm excited to see what goes on. Im the director so I'm in charge if everyone and I don't think they will be too happy with my rules and procedures. Ahh that's why I love my job. I'm now sitting on the couch enjoying a glass of red wine to calm me down after today's events. Going to bed shortly as it is now 9 pm. Goodnight ladies enjoy your weekend :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:57 am

Wow I missed some chatter!!!!

Emily: Glad Aaron is doing well with his new chart - everything will fall into place soon I'm sure. And I agree with Cara - I find the time to post mainly while pumping or at work (I have a great boss!!! :D ) but different with a toddler and schooling for sure!!! I have time at work somedays - as you can tell when I am chatty!!!! But there I am kid free of course.....glad things with Lexi continue to go well - when will she have a check up?? I am curious to see how much she has grown!!!

Rachel: Good luck with the in laws!!!!!!!!! I just can't get over how they act.....is Eli getting the hang of the jumperoo yet??? It sounds funny to watch!!! You'll have to take some pics of him in it for us!!! Glad Eli is still sleeping good - teething can be horrible!!!

Cara: Sorry Archer had such a bad night - that is hard when they sleep a lot during the day - and I def. understand when you are running around and trying to get things done they end up sleeping a lot!! Kyle is getting better with that but that's just because he's getting older - he still falls asleep of course but stays up more when it's short trips in the car and in and out of places....And I agree - I got a very happy baby but a weird eater and sleeper and you got the opposite - we could combine them lol!!!!!!!!! So last night (since it's now the weekend) I thought I would try holding him off more to eat - so he ate 3 1/2 ounces at bedtime (around 7:15pm) slept until 9:20pm - tried to just offer nuk and some pats / back rubs no go.....got him up tried just cuddling...no go....gave him just about 2 ounces maybe....back to sleep.....then starting around midnight awake fussing a little talking etc...gave nuk and turned on his music (noticed some nights when I laid him down after feeding he would still be awake - turned on little musical frog he has and he would fall to sleep - I turn this on when rocking and feeding at bedtime - so hoping he will associate that music with sleep) awake / noisy / fussy finally feed a little at around 1-130am I think back to sleep by 2am (tried to keep track / remember but I think I was falling asleep in between offering nuk lol!) nuk a few times between then and about 5:15am when we got up......So all in all he really ate twice (9:20pm and say 1:30am) otherwise took nuk...I can tell he is hungry sometimes just by cry alone but sometimes like last night when he was in bed (the 1am) after awhile he just won't take nuk and won't go back to sleep then finally will start to cry. But sometimes he wakes up and cries the "I'm hungry" other times its just he's up for so long and won't take the nuk then I know.....I have been sleeping in his room ever since putting him in the crib - so I am right there to try to offer the nuk before it gets too far but sometimes that is just not an option......and most nights I always tried to offer the nuk first unless he woke up really crying so last night all I did different was just letting him awake longer (the 1am) instead of just trying for 5-10 minutes to offer comfort before getting him up - during the week it's just to much to let him go to long and then if in the end ends up eating anyway it seems why should we both be awake an hour + if he's just gonna eat anyway....but I'm gonna try again tonight and see how he does. So are you looking forward to going back to work??? Oh I meant to tell you - I think pumping once during the day should be fine for you - are you going to try and pump after nursing Archer in the morning before work also??? And will you pump at night also??? I think if you pump before work and once during work you will be ok - since you will be "emptying" both times....will you be able to pump a good amount of time during that one daytime pump??? I know questions sorry!!! But I think that will be fine for you......and I wanted to tell you too - Kyle still only drinks 3-4 ounces most sittings and he's 5 months!! So if Archer drinks 3 ounces from a bottle that's great!!!

AFM: Quick update since I have already posted a book lol sorry ladies!!! Haven't been on much - we had a snow storm wednesday afternoon - left work early - no work Thursday then Friday (yesterday) had to take the boys for their treatment at the hospital.....long day!!! I honestly have an easier time posting more when I work as funny as that sounds since I usually have a few quiet times at work and of course when I pump at lunch and in the morning!!! But anyway...Kyle now weighs in at...........are you ready........12 pounds 13 ounces :D so tiny!!! he had to get 2 needle pokes yesterday :( poor guy but otherwise things went pretty well......

Well I am going to stop here - will try to jump on atleast once this weekend!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:12 am

Hi Krissy! Glad you had a good night. Kyle sure needs to get those teeth already so you can get some sleep. And that's great that he's gaining. He's just a little guy with a small appetite. They say normal weight gain for breastfed babies is only 6-9 ozs after 4 months so I think he's right on target! Archer is going to be a chunk. He already has rolls all over his body ;)
I will be pumping before work after Archer eats. That's when I get the most milk anyway. This morning at 7 I got 8 ozs. Then I will pump at work around 12, and then again after Archers last feed around 730. If I don't pump before bed I will get super engorged and it's not fun. Last night I got 6 ozs and then this morning 8. My stash keeps getting bigger and bigger. I'm actually looking to donate I just finished a box of 50 pump and store bags and that's 250 ozs. Actually a little more because I always add about 1/4 to 1/2 oz more.

Last night was a great night for us. Archer slept 7 hours straight :) not waking up one time on between 730-230. Then when I went in there because I hear him fussing he had rolled over! From tummy to back. I was shocked, so I guess it's time I start working with him on the floor :) then after that first stretch of sleep he thinks it's time to get up so after he went back down at close to 3 he was back up at 410. Got his paci then was back up around 5, paci again, them finally back up at 620. So he's getting better. Pretty soon hell be sleeping til 5 am and that will be great! Not really anything going on today, feling eater lazy but I have some laundry to do and maybe finishing the cookies I started last night. I may end up relaxing on the couch with a good book and entertaining the baby. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:40 am

Hi cara wow archer slept great!!!!! Will be nice when he sleeps right through to 5am!!!!! Hopefully Kyle continues in the right direction I would love to move back to my bed lol!!!! That sounds like a great pumping schedule too I think your supply will be just fine :) yup time to work with archer on rolling!!!! How fun!!!!

Not much going on here this weekend either....would like to get stuff done but always seems something comes up that I am just getting the minimum done around the house......oh well I guess!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:54 am

Hi ladies. Well, I survived lunch with the inlaws lol! Actually I spent a lot of the time they were through feeding Eli in the feeding room of our local department store and then went to meet them for lunch. They had already ordered because they'd decided they were leaving at a particular time this afternoon and lunch went ok as I didn't have to see them for that long ;) DH said that they mentioned how 'awkward' it was coming to see us today - but he just ignored it. They decided to get the bus through rather than drive so that was their decision. And if it was so awkward they needn't have come through - ugh, they are a bit of a nightmare! Anyway, enough about them...

Krissy - Eli hasn't got that hang of the jumperoo yet but I hope he will soon. I have to put a cushion under his feet as they don't reach the floor yet!! Kyle did well with the night-time feeding - that's great.

Cara - thanks for the support over the inlaws. I'm not a push-over so I'm afraid that future visits are going to have to be what suits us and not them since we're the ones with a baby lol! Archer sounds so great about feeding and sleeping. I worry sometimes cos Eli is still quite light, but he does seem to be feeding well so not sure what else I can do... Relaxing on the couch with a good book sounds great - I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Well just stopping in quickly. It's bath time now and then bed for Eli so I'd better go - but I'll try to re-read the posts and pop back again later. Bye for now
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Rachel glad you survived lunch I was thinking about you!!! Eli sounds so cute in the jumparoo!!! I am curious as to how much Eli weighs....I'm always curious to see how other babies are compared to Kyle......

Well was just popping in to say hi!!!!! Hope everyone's weekend is going well!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:38 pm

he weighs about 13 lbs and has done for the past 3 or 4 weeks. Not sure when I need to start worrying if he's not gaining, but i'm not going to worry just yet.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:50 am

Rachel how much did Eli weigh at birth??? They say they should double birth weight around 4 months....and I think at this point he should probably gain a half a pound a month or more.....

Of course little archer is just leaps ahead almost doubling birth weight at 2 months!!!!! :D :D

Well our night time report: laid down by 730pm up at 945pm for nik again at 1015pm and 1030pm finally just got him up to eat.....up at 1am (!!!!!!) For nuk up at 330am for nuk 445am for nuk 515am up to eat/still up - its 540am I am pumping Kyle is talking laughing and smiling at me :D such a happy boy!!!! So pretty good last night I think he must know I was going to cut out feedings because now he hasn't wanted to eat lol before I would always try the nuk first but he was always hungry.....and no increase of bm during the day to allow for less at night....weird boy!!!! Anyway I'll take the sleep

Hope everyone is good!!!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:51 am

Omg!!!!!!! My baby is 5 months!!!!!! 8O :D

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:15 am

Yay for 5 months!!
Eli was 6lbs6 at birth but he reached 13 lbs by 3 months and hasn't gained since then (well actually I think it was a week after 3 months). But over the last few days he's been wanting to feed for 45mins at each feed rather than 25 so maybe he'll gain now? I'm hoping so!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:16 am

Oh you need to update your BF blinkie now lol!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups