The babymakers #3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The babymakers #3

Postby h0ping » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Thanks Rachel!! Updated!!!!! :D :D

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Rachel: When did Eli see the doctor last?? He really should be gaining atleast a half pound per month or more.....probably a little more from 3-4 months then from 4-5 months.....I think once they hit 4 months it is supposed to slow to about a half pound per month......He may need some extra feedings.......but if he is happy and looks good I wouldn't get terribly worried. Kyle is "under weight" but looks great!!!

Well just popped in to answer Rachel.....DS1 wants to use my laptop :D

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:46 pm

I think Kyle is just too busy to sleep. He doesn't want to miss anything and he likes the comfort of you to come to him. Either way he will get better :) I know how you feel about wanting to get stuff done and not being able to, happens to me all the time. I can't believe Kyle is 5 months already!! Time sure is flying by. Happy 5th month baby boy!

Rachel-yay you survived!! Did they make any comments about you feeding Eli? I hope not. Eli is a small guy too. Or maybe Archers just a fatty lol. He would have been a chunk if he would have went full term afterall. I just know hell be up to close to 15 lbs by 4 months.

Just getting everything ready for the work day tomorrow. I went ahead and brought Everything Archer needs to my moms house am have our clothes set out. I plan to get to work at 7, well see how well that works. I have faith I will do good. Archer had another great night, he slept for 8 hrs!! From 730-330 and then 4-7. I'm so pleased with his sleep patterns I just hope they continue. He has slept a lot today though. We went to the flea market and out to eat so he was mainly in the carseat and stroller all day. Pray tonight is a good night too, I want a well rested night before work. Now of I only I could find my name tag....

Oh and I brought a bottle to the flea market to feed Archer and he was NoT havin it. I had to nurse him afterall :( I jus hope he takes the bottle for my mom.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Cara: I will be thinking of you tomorrow!! I don't mind if Kyle wakes for his nuk - I sleep in his room anyway right now so even though it is still breaking up my sleep atleast I don't have to get up or get him up - I just reach in the crib and give nuk and we are both back to sleep :D I was pretty happy with him last night - sleeping from 11pm (ish) to 5:15am only needing his nuk was pretty good.....I do think he knew something was up since just a few days ago he was wanting to eat 2-4 times per night.....and ya didn't get much done...but that's ok it was worth it :D had Kyle just laughing and laughing today it was sooooo sweet!!! Sounds like you are all set for work tomorrow and hopefully Archer sleeps well again tonight!!! He might do alright with the bottle since you won't be with him tomorrow - but ya never know......I hope Archer does well - sometimes its hard with Kyle not eating much during the day (that def. does not help the night time sleeping for us!!!!) Archer isn't a fatty :D he looks great in his pics - its great how much he has gained already!!! He will def. breeze by Kyle!!! When will you start solids with him do you think????

Rachel: Forgot to say yay on surviving lunch - did they comment about your nursing Eli??? If so WHO CARES right?!?!?!?

Alright ladies - it is 7:40pm here - Kyle went to bed early (didn't sleep much today) so DS1 is going to bed soon, then I am going to pump and then try to get to bed before 9:30pm.....I hope anyway!!!! Wondering how Kyle will sleep tonight....oh and he got Tylenol last night and tonight before bed - those teeth are killing him!!!!

Good luck tomorrow Cara!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:13 am

Good morning ladies!!!

Cara I assume you are at work now....I am hoping your morning went as you planned / hoped and I hope you and Archer slept well!!!!!

I just had to pop in to give our night time report!!!! Kyle was given Tylenol at about 6pm then an early bath and "bedtime" bottle (early - was sooooo tired!) at about 6:30pm - drank 3 1/2 ounces (good considering the last few days he has only taken 4 ounces a few times......) woke up for nuk around 9pm or so and woke up a few times through the night for nuk (did not have my phone in the bedroom to check times last night - it was charging) but I know he was up around 1am - since I actually went out to get his bottle thinking he wasn't gonna be satisfied with the nuk.....and was up around 4am other than that I remember giving his nuk at least 2 more times.....but NO eating!!!!!!!!!! YAY Kyle!!!!!!!! I swear that kids knows I was gonna do something - he went from wanting to eat 2-4 times a night to last night no eating and the 2 nights before that only eating once!!!! I am NOT complaining lol just saying it's too funny!!!! But I on the other hand kept waking up to check on him - or a few times thinking "ok he's gonna wanna eat" so stayed up a few minutes and nope nothing :D which again - not gonna complain!!!!!! And then the weird thing is I have not increased his "solids" and he is actually drinking less BM then he was a week ago - so the whole idea of well he'll eat more during the day and less at night - the same amount just different times was what I understood it to be - is not true......I am not going to worry at this point but I just wonder how he is now eating less and is not hungry.........I do also think the tylenol at night has helped him sleep (and I wonder if he is drinking less because his teeth hurt - but then I think he should then be hungry and just not want to eat and that's not the case - he's just not hungry / not wanting to eat.....)

Anyway - sorry for rambling!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:42 am

Well done on the sleep Kyle!! That was a great night. Now for the eating... I'm not sure why he isn't eating more either, Krissy. Do you think it will take a few days for the hunger to build up? Or do you think maybe he just isn't really that fond of eating lol! I totally understand your waking up despite the fact he wasn't - I'm still waking multiple times a night even when Eli isn't making any noise or anything... I guess last night just proves that he isn't terribly hungry overnight. Maybe a few days of this and things will be clearer in terms of his eating?

As far as Eli's weight goes, he isn't due to see a doctor at any time! Over here you get a 'health visitor' appointment at 6 months and that's it. He's definitely eating more today - almost a full hour at each feed so I'm hopeful he will put on a little bit of weight - let's see what happens.

Cara I hope work is going really well for you. It's so funny you refer to Archer as a chunk lol! Hopefully he'll take to the bottle when you're away, as Krissy suggested. As far as my inlaws go - yes I survived - but I do have a bit of a story to tell. Remember I said they caused a huge fuss by dictating what time they were coming through and when they were leaving? Well they arrived in town and called DH at about 1250pm. At that point LO had woken up so I went to the feeding room in the department store to feed him - I definitely wasn't wanting to feed in front of the inlaws with their attitude, plus he gets easily distracted now and is constantly wanting to swap sides when feeding so it's difficult to do it discreetly in public. Anyway, DH spoke to them on the phone and said he'd call them back in a few minutes, Eli is feeding. I said to DH - don't bother waiting on me - just go meet them and have lunch 'cos I could have been anything up to another hour and they were leaving again at 230pm. The next thing I know - they come on up to the 4th floor of the dept store and come in to the feeding room - where there's lots of other mums feeding their LOs. I just gave DH a look as if to say "get them out of here!" His dad came right over and was peering over LO's head - I was SO uncomfortable. After about 30secs I had to say to DH - "why don't you go for a coffee?" because they were talking so much he couldn't get a word in before that. Off they went... I just couldn't believe they had come into the feeding room - I think it's a bit like a random man on his own walking in to have a perve on the mothers BF lol! Plus his dad announced in a loud voice "is this all the privacy you get?? I thought there'd be cubicles in here." I think that says a lot about what he thinks of BF...I eventually made it to lunch and ordered after them and then his mum kept on saying "I wish we lived closer" - they only live 1 hour from us!!! Then she was going on about how she still feels sad about her boys' empty bedrooms (they both left home over 20 years ago). Ugh, they really annoy me as you can tell. Anyway, just had to get that rant out!

Hope you ladies are having good days!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 am

Rachel: OMG!!!!!!!! I can't believe FIL did that!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! OMG!!!!! I am just at a loss for words!!! WOW....I am so sorry you have to deal with this.....I just don't even know what to say!!!!

As far as Eli's weight I would just wait and see - he looks good and eats well and is happy and developing so that's all great!!! Here we have a check up at 2 months, 4 months, 6 months......and Kyle gets weighed each month at his IV appointment - so I get a weight every month now (he goes every 4 weeks for the IV) then sees the pediatrician usually the same day if needed (after the IV) mainly because his ped. is over an hour away from our house - the hospital they get their IV's is an hour away so we are less then 15 minutes from the ped when they get their IV's......

I am thinking with Kyle maybe he just doesn't need to eat that much....

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks Krissy!! I didn't think I was overreacting - but they irritate me to begin with so I always have to check myself that I'm not being oversensitive when they do or say stupid things!

My mum always said that I barely ate a thing. I would hardly drink any part of a bottle and even when they started solids I used to spit most of it out!! I turned out fine so maybe you're right - it's just the way Kyle is. At least you know it's unlikely he's going to be obese when he's older lol!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 am

Sorry - I didn't wanna lose my post - but I wasn't done!! Sorry!! Rachel you are too quick!!! :D

Let me say - you DID NOT overreact!!!!!!!!! That was uncalled for what they did!!!!

What I was gonna say was I am thinking he just doesn't need to eat much....I mean if he was hungry he'd be letting me know I'm sure!!! But I also wonder how badly his teeth are hurting him - if maybe all of a sudden he'll just eat like crazy when he's feeling better...I don't know!! But I keep telling myself that for now I'm not gonna worry (ya right huh????) I mean it's not like he's not happy and alert and such - he's just not eating much......so I'm just gonna follow his cues (like I do anyway.....) and just see what happens at his next appointment. He will get his IV on March 1st and will see the ped. for his 6 month check up on the same day.......(yikes 6 months!!!!!!) so we'll see what his weight is then......And of course too we'll see if he continues not eating at night or if he goes back to eating 1-2 times per night (hopefully no more than that again!!!!!!)

Anyway......ok thanks for listening ladies.....I know I keep saying I won't worry but I do...I just wanna make sure he is getting enough of what he needs - but at the same time I know if he was hungry he'd let me know and I know I can't (and don't want to!!) make him eat.....so thanks for listening to me "not worry" lol - DH just doesn't quite understand!!!!

Hope everyone is well!!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Hello girls! I survived my first day back at work :) The day of course went super fast and I enjoyed my class but I must say there is TOnS of work I need to to do. The sub did not make them clean up after themselves! Ahhh. Archer did ok with my mom. He wouldn't eat in the beginning and he went from 6 am to 1039 without eating :( but I told my mom to hold the bottle like she was breastfeeding and turn him toward her body for warmth and make sure the bottle was really warm and finally he took it. He ate 3 ozs then and then a couple hours later ate 2 ozs and then a couple hour later I was home and fed him. So not to terrible of a day. I managed to pump 5 ozs before bed, 6 ozs before work, and 8 ozs at 1215. So I more than covered what he ate. Hopefully when he gets used to it he will eat better. My mom was just upset that she couldn't make him happy. But I know they have to get there. Tomorrow I have a freaking staff meeting, Bahhh already and I've only even back a day! But that's ok. I'm excited that my days are going to go by quicker and I'll be occupied :)

Rachel-oh my goodness at what your FIL did. I wish we had nursing rooms where I live but we don't. I've said before bfing is far from the norm. And it makes for the jealousy to come out in a lot of women because I do and can. Not anything bad for those who can't but they rather didn't try.

Krissy- glad you had another good night with Kyle. Archers next appointment is march 15th. I'm curious how much he will weigh by then too!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Cara glad your first day went well I figured you'd be busy after all the time off!!!! In a way for me it was nice to go in 2-3 times per week or I don't think I would have found my desk lol and the office would have been chaos!!! Archer might get better eating for your mom but he may not.....but you'll know in a week or two how he's gonna do.......how did he nap???? Pumping sounds great!!!!! I can't wait for archer's appointment either its great how well he's growing!!!! When do you think you'll start to introduce solids??? Well again glad things went well!!!

Kyle was pretty tired and seemed to have owie teeth so 6pm a does of tylenol and 630pm getting ready for bed :D we'll see how it goes :D

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:33 pm

He still doesn't have a very good nap schedule and I think that is kind of due to him being a premie because he still sleeps a lot. He pretty much sleeps off and on all day and then sleeps really well at night. I got home at 245 I fed him and he slept for an hour then was up from 444-745 wide awake so I took full advantage of it and played and laughed all night :) we made cookies and I got a bumbo chair that he LOVED sitting him. He hates laying down always wants to sit straight up or "stand". His legs are so strong it surprises me. Umm with solids I probably won't start them until he starts getting bored with just BM. Maybe around 5 months. I think if he is gaining well and everything is going good there is no reason to introduce them yet. I want him to continue to eat and gain with all the fatty stuff then I'll bring in the good stuff. I'm sure my pedi will say after 4 months but he's just so little I don't feel like he is ready, lol. I don't know well see how things work out a month from now. I may change my mind at 4 months. Good luck with bedtime. Archers been in bes since 8 hopefully he will sleep well. Last night he was up til 9! It was ridiculous, he never ever stays up that late I think he knew something was going to happen today. He woke up at 130 and 230. But then not again until 545. Hope Kyle sleeps well for you tonight dear! Eat good baby boy :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 am

Lovely to see some chatter here! :D

Glad your first day went well Cara. Hope the staff meeting isn't as tedious as you're anticipating! Hopefully things will settle down for your mum and Archer. Is she taking it personally when he's grumpy? I guess it'll take them a few days to get used to eachother. I'm hoping to wait until 5 months as well before starting solids, but we'll see... Over here they advise not to start until 6 months but I don't really know anyone who waited the full 6 months.

We don't mind listening to you worry Krissy! I worry a bit about Eli's weight too but I don't know why, I think if they're happy and doing well then we're probably overly anxious! Thanks for the support over the inlaws. I think FIL doesn't have a clue sometimes about what's appropriate in social situations.

Well I have my mother and baby group again today - looking forward to it. I've arranged to go along to a music class for babies tomorrow and another group on Thursday. I felt really off yesterday - I think I'm starting to go stir-crazy in the house so I'm looking for things to do every day to keep busy. We've snow here again so walking with the pram is a bit difficult! Hope you ladies have a good day
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 am

Rachel-tey don't advise for under 6 months here either but a lot of pediatricians are old school and will tell you you can start at 4 months. And I know TONS of girls who started putting cereal in their baby's bottles at 2 weeks old to get them to sleep better. I think that is just ridiculous and lazy. Probably the majority of new moms/young moms do that. I was actually at a drs appointment one day and I saw a girl who looked to be about 18 with a 2-3 yr old and a 10 month old. She had a jar of baby food and added it to his formula bottle. I was so sad for that little baby because he probably always got food that way and doesn't have the experience of the spoon :(. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your mom and baby groups! They sound like so much fun I wish we had that here!

Krissy-I hope you have a good day at work. If you don't mind and you have a chance can you make us a new thread? My computer crashes a couple weeks ago and doing it from my phone is a pain in the hiney!

Getting ready for work. I got up 5 minutes earlier hoping I can be on time today lol. I made it to work at 720 but was aiming for 7. Today I'm gonna try again! Just got the baby dressed and nursed. Now I have to get dressed and pump and we will be ready to go. Archer slept pretty good again last night woke up at 130 for paci, then 230 to eat, and then 530. I hope he does better with my mom today. I was upset when I called to check in him and he had been crying :(
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:39 am

Cara: Weird...I logged on this morning (from my phone) and thought I better start a new thread later....lol......

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups