The babymakers #3

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The babymakers #3

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Oh Claire that's rubbish. Have u any way of 'not being available' for him to make him feel like he's missing out on you both and that he'll need to consider your plans when he makes his?
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Not really :( yesterday we couldn't even go out cos he had the car n the pram was in the boot

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:24 am

What about just sleeping then?! 'oh I'm so tired - I must catch up on some sleep' - assuming Charley will nap too.

Men just don't get it sometimes - I think for some reason they find it hard to put themselves in the other person's shoes! I hope you get it sorted out somehow. I'd be annoyed too if it was me.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby aaronsmummy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:31 am

claire - i understand this behaviour. DH goes through phases with a v.active social life and i have to remind him i need one too...you also need a social life - as does little charley as you rightly pointed out by seeing if he'd take you both to the RC cars. thats the sort of nice thing the 3 of you can do together if you can manage to organise things like that. as mad as i get at times (ok by late nights i'm talking anywhere from 10.30pm - 1.00am generally speaking) DH will usually come through for us in the end, for example after a couple of weeks late nights recently and me starting to feel v.lonely in evenings, we finally had a braai (BBQ) last saturday with friends and all stayed out together, little aaron was the only child there that time but he still loved the food from the fire and playing trucks in the sand outdoors. it will take a bit of time to adjust to being a new parent for DP i'm sure - he sounds like a man's man like my DH, who enjoys his time with the boys! but hopefully you will find a nice balance soon.

could you ask him for a night off? organise a movie night with your sister perhaps who is a new parent aswell (or any girlfriends will do) and catch a chick flick at the movies while the men watch the kiddies? he will get a small taste of what its like for you then, and you can have a breath of fresh air knowing that you won't be away from her for too long.

just an idea! i hope things come right for you...men can be a bit 'slow' and sometimes they need a nudge/hint to get the picture! :wink:
aaronsmummy
Angel
Angel

Postby MASHINKA » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:52 am

Well ladies finally got a pos opk today! So happy as this is the earliest ive ever gotten one!!!! Hope to be joining you again soon!!!

MASHINKA
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi everyone!!! It's still quiet here.....

Mash: yay for + opk!!!!! How are you feeling????

Cara: how is archer? How are you feeling?

Claire: how are you and charley?

Bella: how are you and charlotte??

Rachel: you and Eli??

Emily: how are you feeling? How many weeks left to go? Is big brother excited??

I hope I didn't forget anyone......

Afm: home with Kyle the daycare said they thought he had thrush because his tongue was white (they thought they saw white spots) and then this morning they said he was crying and wouldn't eat.....but I got there to get him and he wad calm and we came home and he drank 3 ounces (his usual) with no problems. I told dh I think he wanted a day with mommy lol!!!! So anyway we are home spending the day together.....

Hope everyone is well!!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Internet still playing up :(

Fx mash chart looks good. :)

Hoping - enjoy your snugly baby day :)

Charley n I are good and DP is being better now.
Hope to be able to post properly soon

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby carak21 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi Ladies!!! It's so quiet over here and I haven't got updates, it makes me forget you guys exist but only for a split second :wink:

Krissie-Sorry to leave you hanging over here. Not to sound ugly but it sounds like the daycare is making excuses, I know a few centers that do that and if someone has to leave-like a staff member, they send kids home to try to cut ratio. I'm sure you don't mind because you get to spend the day with the baby. But if it starts to get excessive you'll know why. I work in childcare and a lot of our children come from different centers and they have had that complaint in the past. Either way, I hope he is enjoying his mama, I'm sure your back at work today. I am officially going back to work on February 11th. One day until Archer is 3 months old. He will start daycare that day as well :cry: He'll be at my companys sister center so I'm not concerned about leaving him in that aspect just leaving him in general.

Claire-I hope you get your internet situated. Your our main source of conversation, I think that is why we have been so dead lately. Come back we miss you and Charley. Glad things have resolved with you and DP!

rachel-How are you darling? Can you pump when your boobs get engorged over a period of time? I have only have engorgement problems once and I pumped and ounce out of each breast and got instant relief. I think my baby is a lot like yours, he is constantly making some noise. Grunting and moaning ALL day long. I say its his way of communicating with everyone, but I'm not going to lie. It can get rather annoying.

Mashinka-Good luck this cycle!!! I have a good feeling about this month for you and Claire has always said December for some reason. We shall see. We'd love to have you back on this side soon :)

Emily-How are things going? Did you dr by any chance say what the chances of you having a premie again? I'm already concerned about what will happen with my next pregnancy. Archer has been fine and I think I can say that the steroid inhalers I was on for asthma helped strengthen his lungs while I was pregnant. Maybe thats why he didn't have any problems. Either way, I'm curious if it is recurrent or if you will be able to hold the baby full term. I'm praying you will and Lexi will go home with you as soon as you leave the hospital.

AFM-I'm doing great. Archer does have his days and nights mixed up but it's not how I thought it would be. He wakes up about 2-3 times in the night and is up for at least 45 minutes so it's not too bad. We tend to sleep in in the mornings so I can catch up on sleep. But I think I'm going to have to change that because it seems to be messing with his sleeping patterns at night. Today I've been trying something different, and after about an hour I wake him up and interact with him for a little while so he can start getting used to being up more often than not. I went to my PP appointment yesterday, called and got in earlier because I was impatient. I got the all clear :) So me and DH had some fun this morning :) 3 weeks is just too long. It was wonderful all over again. I now weigh 113 and I am totally fine with that, 10 lbs more than what I weighed before I got pregnant but I want to keep that extra weight on. I like having a little extra than just skin and bones. Archer is getting so big so fast. We go for his MONTH appointment on tuesday. I can't believe hes almost a month old :( I bet he is going to weigh close to 8 lbs if not more. His little face is fattening up and his belly is soo tubby. lol On Sunday me and DH went to see the twilight movie and brought the baby. It went pretty well, he only fussed one time and I had to take him out and to the bathroom to calm him. But after that he was just fine :) We never stay home, I'm ok with that though because I get antsy at the house alone all day. But today we are home ALL day, I'm wrapping presents :) So excited for Christmas. I'm going to add some more spam in the other thread. Have a good day ladies!!!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:25 am

Hi Ladies!! It is very quiet here...........missing Claire and everyone!!!!

Claire: Hope your internet gets resolved soon - we miss you and Charley!!!!

Cara: I know at times the daycare does make excuses - but in their defense - with Kyle's health issues I am sure they are playing it safe than sorry - which I would MUCH rather!!!! I would rather have him sent home for nothing than there be something and them not say anything until I pick him up.......I don't mind being home with him either :D but at the same time I do have to work.........this week was already going to be short as I am off tomorrow to take the boys to the hospital......but oh well nothing I can do about it......at least I have a great job and a wonderful boss who is very understanding - so that also helps to relieve a lot of stress!!!!!! I can't believe Archer is almost a month!!!!!!!! Crazy!!!!! You'll have to update us on his weight. Kyle went to the doctor on Wednesday November 21st and he was 11 pounds 2 ounces!!!! He will get weighed again tomorrow so I'm interested to see how much he has grown!!! It's amazing watching them grow knowing you are making that happen (by breast feeding!!!!) Glad you have kept a little weight on - to keep it on just make sure you eat extra snacks and things since breastfeeding burns so many calories :D Oh and I love the pics of Archer!!! He looks so big compared to the other pics you posted!!!!!

Everyone else: We miss you!!!!

AFM: Nothing much to report - Kyle went back to daycare yesterday no problem.....we will be together tomorrow but its not an enjoyable day :( I get to snuggle him a good part of the day but have to put him through the IV and pain to get to the snuggling :( DS1 had a really hard time last time so I think this time I will have him leave the room while Kyle gets "poked" then have him come back so he does not have to hear Kyle cry :( :(
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:46 am

Oh no I hate to hear what that poor baby is going through :( Noone likes IV's and to be poked and proded, you are a strong mama to deal with it. Archer gets shots next week and I'm dreading it. I'm making daddy go with me so he can hold him. I definitely understand precaution, better safe than sorry!! I will enjoy them calling me out of work too to be home with the baby :wink: I'm glad your boss is understanding. Mine is too but our company is based on ratio and sometimes things are out of our control.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:10 am

Hi
Sorry can't type very well on tablet!

Lovely to hear how Archer is getting on Cara.

I really hope Kyle's treatment isn't too traumatic for him Hoping. I hated Eli getting his vaccination so I can only imagine how you feel.

We're good. He's a pretty happy baby and smiles and 'talks' alot to me now. His favourite song is rudolph the red-nose reindeer! Not much else to report. He'll be 11 weeks on Monday and the week after is his second lot of vaccinations. He's got a neat outfit for Xmas someone bought us. Is everyone organised for Xmas yet? I just can't believe how fast things are going.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Cara: I understand the ratio - do you work for a daycare????? My boss is great - he has no kids and doesn't want kids but is so understanding when it comes to mine which I was surprised at when I first started - I have worked for other companies some that had kids and some that didn't and none were even half as understanding as my boss!!!! (One place I worked for was upset because I wouldn't come to work while DS1 was in ICU in a hospital an hour away from my house!!!! - He was 3.5 years old at the time) Kyle can not get vaccines but DS1 got some before we realized he could not get any either.....but their day at the hospital is sadly much worse :( :( You think Archer has his days and nights mixed up?????

Rachel: Wow Eli is going to be 11 weeks!!!! How is he doing at night now???? Is he still noisy??? I am doing well in the Christmas prep department lol - I am almost done shopping - then have to wrap (which is one of my favorite parts - and last year DS1 really enjoyed wrapping and this year has bugged me about every day to wrap!!! So I am looking forward to doing that together to spend some one on one time) we still have to put up our Christmas tree - which I think we will do this weekend. Kyle also has a "first Christmas" outfit to wear.

Cara and Rachel: Kyle was very very noisy also in the beginning (grunting and such) - he has gotten much better now - it got better at night around the 2 month mark and now over all is much better :D cause I agree it can get a little frustrating!!!! Now he "talks" to me a lot and I love that!!! Although the last few nights when he gets up to eat (usually the second time) when I put him back in his bed he starts "talking" to me and even laughed one night and let me tell you how hard it is not to engage with him!!!!!!!

I will post some pics soon - St. Nick visited our house last night (does anyone else do this????) and I got some pics of DS1 and Kyle - didn't get a good one of Kyle smiling - of course I missed those!!! Slow camera lol or he'd wait until I put the camera down!!!! But I got a few cute pics!!!

Hope everyone is well - it's nice to chat again although I know we are all busy!!!!
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Oh Hoping - Kyle sounds adorable! When I'm feeding Eli at 1 or 2 in the morning he quite often smiles and giggles at me and it's the nicest thing! He's still sleeping about 4 or 5 hours from 8 pm then another 2 or 3. After that he won't generally go back in his cot so he lies on me for another couple of hrs.

I've just found out that another friend of mine is pregnant so now that's 3 - one due in December, March and April! All with their second baby. I have to admit I still don't miss being pregnant!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:35 am

Hey ladies :) 

My little princess is 4 months today!!

Internet is almost fixed.. Apparently..

I'm Pre writing this post in my notes so I can get more then a few words in, problem is I can't see who's said what lately while I'm writing so no personals today. 

Charley's teeth are trying to break through again the last few days so she's been a bit unsettled. Silly me put the teething ring in the sterilizer and destroyed it last night so Charley and I shared an iceblock to soothe her gums. That and a dose of panadol and a feed did the trick and she went to bed well after. 

Today we went to lunch with my brothers half sister- confusing so we just always called her a sister- and my sis, her bub and her bf. 
It was really nice to catch up with everyone and charley got to try her first hot chip ( potato, once it cooled of course ) and she loved it :) she was soo excited to try it and so proud once she'd eaten it. Super cute. 

She's been having 1 meal a day of baby food for the last 2 weeks and so far has tried apples, rice cereal, mangoes, carrot and potato! 

We also had her first professional photo shoot at the local mall. She was a bit tired n grumpy but we got a few smiles and they invited us for another sitting tomorrow to try and get more happy pics. Normally I wouldn't pay for photos but it was $27! For a $190 package inc 1 print, 2 key rings and an option to pay off a package of prints. Her cousin Tahlia had a shoot too, she smiled more then Charley but today was Tahlias second shoot and Charley's just not a fan of flash in her face. 

Tomorrow night we have an 80s themed party to go to so at the moment I'm working out the finishing touches for mine and Charley's outfits, cooking dinner and feeding charley, as well as posting to you all! 

Anyway enough rambling about me n Charley. I'll post a ton of pics once my Internet is fixed properly!!

Hope your all doing well!! 

Cara, archer is soo cute! Glad your both doing well :)   I'm super jealous of your pp pic btw, I've lost about 10 kg and have about 12 to go! 

Hoping, hope your boys are doing ok. U r such a trooper :) 

Rach, hope your doing well, would love to see new pics :) 

Bella, I'm sure your busy busy but would be great to get an update. :) 

Emily, how's everything going? Is it time for another bump pic yet??

Mash, I'm chart stalking you.. When my Internet connects that is.. Fingers crossed for you. Sending baby dust your way by the bucket load. Hope your well darl. 

Sorry if I forgot anyone. Multi tasking and not online, so please forgive me if I left you out.

Also, question, any of you mummas have tattoos for your Bubbas? Or plan on getting one? Im contemplating getting one but wondering what others opinions are

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:56 am

Hi Claire - great to hear from you. I can't believe Charley is 4 months - yay!

On the subject of tattoos - what were you thinking of getting? I like tattoos but it depends where they are I prefer if they're quite individual. I'm not sure about writing - but each to their own. DH hates tattoos and I have 2! Although one is partially removed. I'm not planning on getting one now, but have thought about it now and again. Not sure what i'd get.

By the way I think Cara's tattoo is great!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups