Yes I will be a wonderful mother

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:10 pm

From Babaki:
This is something I found online and I thought it was beautifully written and something we could relate to . . .
There are women that become mothers without effort, without thought, without patience or loss and though they are good mothers and love their children, I know that I will be better.

I will be better not because of genetics, or money or that I have read more books,

but because I have struggled and toiled for this child.

I have longed and waited. I have cried and prayed.

I have endured and planned over and over again.

Like most things in life, the people who truly have appreciation are those who have struggled to attain their dreams.

I will notice everything about my child.

I will take time to watch my child sleep, explore and discover. I will marvel at this miracle every day for the rest of my life.

I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the night to the sound of my child, knowing that I can comfort, hold and feed him and that I am not waking to take another temperature, pop another pill, take another shot or cry tears of a broken dream. My dream will be crying for me.

I count myself lucky in this sense; that God has given me this insight, this special vision with which I will look upon my child that my friends will not see.

Whether I parent a child I actually give birth to or a child that God leads me to, I will not be careless with my love.

I will be a better mother for all that I have endured. I am a better wife, a better aunt, a better daughter, neighbor, friend and sister because I have known pain.

I know disillusionment as I have been betrayed by my own body, I have been tried by fire and hell many never face, yet given time, I stood tall.

I have prevailed.

I have succeeded.

I have won.

So now, when others hurt around me, I do not run from their pain in order to save myself discomfort. I see it, mourn it, and join them in theirs.

I listen.

And even though I cannot make it better, I can make it less lonely. I have learned the immerse power of another hand holding tight to mine, of other eyes that moisten as they learn to accept the harsh truth and when life is beyond hard. I have learned a compassion that only comes with walking in those shoes.

I have learned to appreciate life.

ImageImageImageImage
AmberLoo1022
Angel
Angel

Re: Yes I will be a wonderful mother

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:11 pm

This page is for all of us mommies that transfered over from our TTC page. And anyone else who wants to join, you are more than welcome to!
ImageImageImageImage
AmberLoo1022
Angel
Angel

Postby hopeinside » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:15 am

Would you mind if I join you ladies? I really loved the support on the ttc side I had from the group I was in, but no one is really posting anymore, people are in different places in their journey.

My name is Celeste, I am 32 and am expecting triplets in August! Would love to share in the ups and down's of pregnancy with you :)

Me - Celeste

:angel: :angel: - Makayla & Dakota - November 2004 @ 24 weeks
:angel: Kaylee -October 2012@ 18 weeks
hopeinside
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:53 am

You are more than welcome! Alot of the other ladies havent found this thread yet I suppose. But there are a few of us from the TTC side that are over there now.

We are also in the same DDC together so thats fun! :) I love that your having triplets! It was natural right? Not IVF or anything?
ImageImageImageImage
AmberLoo1022
Angel
Angel

Postby hopeinside » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Thanks, I miss the buddy group on the ttc side, but it really started to slow down over there, It was more personal I guess, if that makes sense?

That is awesome that we're in the same DDC. What is your DD? You are correct, I wasn't on anything, they are spontaneous triplets. two eggs, I have ID twins and a fraternal :) The twins are mono-di which means they're sharing a placenta but each have their own amniotic sac, so I could have problems with twin to twin transfusion, which I'm hoping we'll be able to avoid :)

Do you have any other children, or will this be your first?

Me - Celeste

hopeinside
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:30 am

Oh my goodness that is so cool!!! Ive always thought it would be cool to have twins, but triplets, especially all natural, is just amazing! Prayers you have a healthy pregnancy and healthy delivery!

BTW Yes, I know what you mean on the TTC side being more personal.

and my due date is August 19th. and no other children other than my spoiled rotten furr baby! (shes a dog named Lily) So this will be our first!! and first grandbaby on both parents side, and will be my grandmothers first greatgrandbaby! (DH is pretty much the baby on his side of the family, so his grandparents have great grandbabies already, not that ours wont be just as loved or anything because he or she will be!) Everyone is so excited, including us.

What about you? Any children?
ImageImageImageImage
AmberLoo1022
Angel
Angel

Postby hopeinside » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:36 am

Your family must be over the moon excited!!
These will be my first children, I've had two second trimester losses, I'm going to be a basket case when that time rolls around! I have lots of animals to compensate, I love them all to death though :)

I feel so jealous with people who still have grandparents around etc, My mom died a few years ago, my dad moved across the country, no grandparents at all. I'm separated from DH...LONG story! His mom died when he was young and his dad is dying of cancer. No grandparents either, needless to say, there won't be a lot of family to drawn strength/support from! Make sure you get a generations photo! That's something that would be cherished in the family forever!

How's the pregnancy treating you so far? smooth sailing?

Me - Celeste

hopeinside
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:22 pm

Oh my goodness, so sorry about your family and stuff. Yes, I feel really blessed to have them around. My moms mom died about 5 years ago-she was pretty much my best friend at the time, so that was hard lossing her. You know, you still miss them (especially your mom!!) ((and DH lost his Dad almost 10 years ago, so I know that is hard on him and taking a toll on him- he died of Cancer)) everyday, but it does get easier, but when big life events like your wedding day, or having a child, its difficult. DH is so blessed to have his grandparents around, they are alot older than my Grandmother is (she is 63, and DH grandparents are in their 80's) I am definately planning on a generations photo.
All your babies need, is a wonderful supporting Momma like yourself.

Pregnancy is going by so wonderful! I feel so lucky and so blessed. I havent had any nausea since week 5. I did not even throw up at all! Havent had any problems other than a little bit of pink spotting a few weeks ago, but Dr said everything was ok. Went to my appt last week and actually saw a Midwife instead (Dr had to leave to deliver a baby apparently) and we decided to stop seeing Dr, and switch to the Midwife. Anyways at that last appt with the Midwife they used a doppler and we heard the heartbeat. So cool! I also bought myself an at home doppler. I received it yesterday and was able to hear the baby's heartbeat then too! yay! We decided to have a NT Scan done, and they scheduled that for Valentines day. So we will get to see our little one on Valentines Day! So excited.

How about you and your pregnancy? How are things going with you?
ImageImageImageImage
AmberLoo1022
Angel
Angel

Postby Clodagh » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi - I've just got a BFP, so I'm fresh from the TTC pages - I'm one of the first to get pregnant so there are no other of my TTC buddies here - but i followed the TTC version of this board so i am familiar with some of the names.

I already have one son with autism.
Clodagh

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 am

Welcome! Glad to have you. Congrats on your BFP! Youre due in Dec right?
ImageImageImageImage
AmberLoo1022
Angel
Angel

Postby Clodagh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Due around December 4 (from an on-line calculator).
Clodagh

Postby Mommabella » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:14 am

I was just browsing through topics and came across a very familiar name. I almost was offended that someone took the name, and then I realized who that someone was ;) I'm still not joinin my DDC until I am a little further along and feel less nervous, but I'd love to talk here!
Kim + Travis 10/13/12
:babyb: Connor 9/5/03
:babyb: Jack 12/22/07
:babyg: Isla 12/29/13
:babyg: Hazel 10/10/15

:angel: 3/7/05 :angel: :angel: 1/15/13 :angel: 4/1/13 :angel: :angel: 11/10/14 :angel: 5/25/17

:bfp: 6/17/17 EDD 2/28/18
:hb: 7/6/17 125 BPM!!!! This is a take home baby!
:babyb: 8/11/17 no trisomies!

My sons are from a previous marriage, we have two daughters together and Multiple miscarriages.

DX homozygous MTHFR C677T

Mommabella

Postby god_promise » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 am

Hello, may I join this group? I'm almost 5W along. Praying for a sticky bean. EDD is around Christmas.
god_promise
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Clodagh » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi momma I've been stalking your other site for the past year so i knw you wel. best of luck this time around.
Clodagh

Postby Clodagh » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:45 pm

And hello promise too!
Clodagh

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups