The Babymakers #4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

The Babymakers #4

Postby h0ping » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:40 am

New thread!!!! :yay: will be back later........

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Re: The Babymakers #4

Postby h0ping » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:42 am

Wow ladies another new thread!!!!! We have been together a long time..... :D

Cara: Kyle was still sleeping a lot during the day too up until a few weeks ago....he is more alert most days now and stays awake more often than not during short car rides (like to the store, daycare, etc) You'll have to post a pic of him in his bumbo!!!! :D they are so cute in there - Kyle is super strong too and loves to "stand" I just got a great pic of him this weekend - I will post it soon. I don't understand the people who put baby food in bottles - so stupid!!!! But I agree probably younger FTM's ......although I am happy to say that I had DS1 when I was 18 and never did this......I just don't get it - plus it is so much fun to feed them/watch them eat!!!! :D I love it!!! Hopefully Archer does well for your mom today but try not to get upset if he doesn't......And hopefully you got to work a little closer to your goal....mornings are tough - I get up by 5am to leave the house by 7am....but part of that is the time to pump.....hope your staff meeting goes well and that you have a good day all around!!!!

Rachel: I agree - its so nice to see all the chatter :D I am so jealous of your mommy groups!!! Sounds like so much fun!!! Thanks for letting me worry....lol I say I won't but I do!!!! I would go crazy at home too....I don't think I could ever be a SAHM - maybe part time but not full time.....I was kinda glad (in a way) that I continued to work a few hours a week while on leave......got me out of the house....but I think I would enjoy even just 1 more day a week off......some weeks when it's been quiet at work my boss have given me a day or half day off and that's nice :D

Well..........Kyle slept.........like crap!!!!!!! :( I have no idea what happened.....he actually ate more BM during the day then usual (not much but a little) and I gave him tylenol again for bed but ended up feeding him at 1am and 4am and he was STARVED!!!! So he drank 3 ounces at 1am and 4 ounces at 4am.....and he was up for his nuk I don't know a half million times.......the only thing that was really different yesterday from the last few days is Kyle was at daycare and not with me....so I don't know if that's why he's getting up or if he's going through a growth spurt all of a sudden or what.......but I ended up just laying with him last night and haven't done that for a few nights....... :( I wasn't getting my hopes up of course but last night was pretty yucky!!!! So we'll see how tonight goes.........

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 pm

I found you all here!!

Aw Krissy, sorry Kyle didn't sleep very well last night. He must've been hungry judging by how much he ate!! I hope eventually he understands 'maybe it'd be better if I ate when I was awake' lol! Hopefully tonight will be back to the better nights again for you.

My day went quite well. The group was good - we just sit around and talk about general issues with the babies/life etc. It's only a small group - myself and 3 other mums. The other babies are 3 months, 5 months and 9 months old - so quite a nice age range. But Eli is TINY compared to the 5 month old boy lol! He also was tired as he hasn't been napping very well during the day and he ended up screaming because he couldn't get to sleep so I left early because I knew he'd sleep in the car. He only got 30mins from 4 til 430pm (he'd had a 45 minute nap at lunch time and the same at about 8am). So, he's not much of a napper at the moment - but as long as he sleeps ok at night I don't care!

Cara - hope your work has gone ok (i'm assuming it's over now...although not sure about the time difference)

Off to have dinner with my DH now
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 pm

Rachel: Glad you found us!! And glad your mommy group went well - sounds like a nice group and it's nice to have different ages - especially for the mom's - you can ask questions to the mom's of older babies!!! Sorry Eli isn't napping so well - but it's good he's still sleeping good at night!!! I really hope Kyle has a better night tonight......it was a looonnng night last night!!!!

Cara: Hope work and your staff meeting went well.......

I am wishing it was time for me to be done with work...almost 2 hours to go yet :( missing my little peanut!!!

Hope everyone is well

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Aw hope the next 2 hours go super-fast for you so you get to see the lovely smiley Kyle again :D
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Just got home from my second day of work and it was great again. I really enjoy my job so that made the transition so much easier on me. Archer had a great day with my mom. He ate 9 ozs throughout the day and is now eating again and I will still feed him two more times before bed. So he still eats 8 times a day. All in all it was a really good day. Now I have to get ready for my staff meeting at 530. I just hope there is food lol!!

Krissy sorry your sleep was so ruff last night. Hopefully he will sleep better tonight. Maybe he was playing catch up with his feelings because he hasn't that much the last few days. Hopefully he ate more today singe will sleep better at night. You should only have an hour left of work, I'm sure it will go by fast so you can get home to your baby. And about you having ds1 younger, even just a few years ago people weren't doing that with their kids but nowadays you just see more and more laziness.

Rachel-nice to hear your mommy group went well. Archer doesn't take good maps during the day either so I understand how you feel. And I totally understand as long as he sleeps good at night, although I would like Aecher to be a bit more rested during the day. He's just so cranky all the time!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:07 am

Rachel: Thanks - it went fairly fast and I was able to get to my sweet boy :D well and of course to DS1 - sometimes I feel I leave him out when I talk about missing them!!! Today I get done a little early for Kyle's physical therapy :D

Cara: Glad your second day went well!!!! How was the staff meeting?? Snacks/food??? (lol) That's great Archer did so well!!! On a good day Kyle will eat 12 ounces at daycare (he's there 9-9.5 hours most days...) so 9 ounces while with you mom is great!!!!!! Kyle was so - so sleeping last night - I'll post the "nightly report" later - did Archer nap much yesterday????

Well our night time report.......tylenol at 6pm play/bath/jammies - eating bottle at 6:45pm - up 2x for nuk - ate again 9:20pm - up several times for nuk - remember looking at my phone at 11pm 12:20am 1am and 2am (ish) up at 3am - not really crying or fussing - tried offering nuk and back rub - NOPE - got up then he started crying - so eating at 3:30am tried to lay him back down - awake talking moving, etc. finally about 4am decided to lay him with me by 4:15am he was starting to cry - ate again...slept until 6:05am.

So I think tonight if he does the above pattern again I will just feed him at 3am - going from 9:30pm to 3am without eating is pretty good (of course all night would be better!!!!) but doing what I did last night I have pretty much been up since 3am and ended up feeding him anyway!!!! I don't know ladies - I just don't know.......the only thing that I think is different from the weekend nights to the last 2 nights is he has been at daycare during the day not with me like he was on the weekend.....I don't know.....

Well I hope everyone has a good day!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Sorry I should've asked this before Krissy, but what is Kyle's nuk?!! You must be exhausted the number of times you wake up overnight. I hope tonight is better again for you. I'm not sure what else to say - it's a difficult one...

Glad your second day of work went well Cara - it's great you really enjoy your job and also great that Archer is eating well for your mum! Hopefully things will be simple for you in terms of balancing work and Archer.

Claire - hope you can post again soon for us! Nice to hear that you're still checking in!

AFM - we went to a baby music group for the first time today - it was so funny. There were 10 other babies there of various ages up to about 10 months. We all sat in a circle and the leader sang along to various songs and we all had to copy the actions. She had a toy monkey that she used to show the actions and most of the babies were mesmerized! I'm just glad we made it through without him crying as he was tired - and he only napped for 30 minutes after we left - which meant he had a 40 minute nap first thing this morning and then a 30 minute nap - and another 30 minute nap in the late afternoon - that's all today! But I can't complain about last night - he did well. I, on the other hand, had a dream that his nappy needed changed and I kept waking up thinking 'I need to change his nappy' only to find him asleep in his cot. I was so confused as I'd dreamt that DH told me it needed changed - but then I thought 'I don't remember him being out of his bed so how would he know?!' Ugh, what a waste of good time I could've been sleeping!! Quite funny though...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Krissy I can imagine how exhausted you must be. Tell Dh to watch the kids over the weekend and you take a nice llllooooonnnngggg nap! You deserve it. Hope work is going good for you!! Any valentines day plans?

Rachel-I'm super jealous of your music group!!! I bet that was so fun! I would absolutely love doing something like that with Archer! Eli's sleep schedule sounds a lot like Archers. He is exhausted by 6 and wants to go to bed but I make him stay awake until 7. Dh doesn't get home until 6/6:30 so he wants to spend a little time with him.

Last night I was so tired with my new schedule I was ready for bed at 7 also but I can't because everything I have to have ready I have to do while the baby is asleep, pump, eat, shower. So still I dont end up in bed til 9 :(. Anoter great day only today has been better because Archer has been happy ;) he woke up happy, was happy all day with my mom, and I've brought him home happy and tired! He ate 10 ounces today from 845-130! And now at 330 he's nursing and will again at 530 and 730 and bed at 8! I'm trying to get a million things done at work and it's irritating me that time goes by too fast! I will feel so much more accomplished if I can get some crap done. Anyway, gonna call the hubby and see if we can go out to eat tonight :) we have a new seafood restaurant in town I'd like to try.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Rachel: I am also jealous of your groups!!! Sounds like so much fun!!! Glad you and Eli had a good time. Kyle's nuk is a pacifier - NUK is a kind of pacifier I have just always called it a nuk......I was pretty tired this morning / today - otherwise sadly I think my body is adjusting to the lack of solid sleep...... :( That's funny about your dream but sad that it interrupted your sleep!!!

Cara Thanks, work is going great. I also love my job - because I love my boss :D some days are kinda quiet and drag by and I like to be busy so the time goes fast...but it's ok because over all I have a great boss and a great flexible job.....No valentine's day plans - other than daycare I have never left Kyle with anyone yet......I actually just left him home with DH for the first time last weekend (while he was awake - i have left him for a few minutes at home with DH when he's been sleeping) I am just used to always taking him with me.....Do you have any plans???? Even with DS1 I don't get a baby sitter often - well except for work of course and its just been the last few months that he and my dad have made plans together to do things on the weekends...so that is new too....I understand about being tired!!!! I am ready for bed by 6:30-7pm also but like you have things to do - wash and prepare bottles, spend a little time with DS1 - shower - pump and then sometimes (like last night) I was actually ready to go to bed about 9:15pm - well then Kyle was up and wanted to eat....so I was up until 10pm
Glad Archer had another great day - wow 10 ounces!!! in only about 5 hours!!! Wow!! That's so great Cara - I think he and your mom will do great - he already is!! Good job Archer!!!! Did you get to go out for dinner???

Just wanted to stop in and say hi - not much to update from me - I'll do that tomorrow!!!!

Good night ladies - I've got an hour or more yet to do and hoping hoping hoping to get some sleep!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Just checking into the new thread. At work on lunch. Feeling a bit under the weather today. But ... Charleys 6 months old today :-) yay!! Can't believe it! She's adorable. Got my internet back on so will try to post tonight once she's in bed

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:08 am

Wow - 6 months for Charley :yay: I cannot believe where that time has gone...

Cara - hope you get out/got out for dinner at the new seafood restaurant - sounds yum!

Krissy - have you ever thought about ditching the pacifier? I'm just wondering if he's constantly waking whenever it falls out - you may get more sleep if he doesn't need it to get back to sleep? I'm no expert on the matter by any means but I know a few people who were advised to get rid of the pacifier and their babies ended up sleeping much better (once they had learned how to fall back to sleep themselves). Eli has never taken a pacifier for me so I never had that issue - BUT I never in a million years thought he'd learn to self-settle as quickly as he did. He was previously dependent on BF to get himself back to sleep and that was his 'prop' rather than a pacifier - but once I stopped that it was only really 2 nights of a bit of crying and then he was sleeping MUCH better. He learnt really quickly that he wasn't going to be BF back to sleep so it wasn't worth waking up and crying! He's done really well the last 2 nights - sleeping through from 645pm to 620am without any crying - but I on the other hand was awake every 2 hours last night for some reason. Hope you don't mind me saying - but it might be worth considering???

AFM - I have another mother and baby group later today that I've never been to before so we'll see how it goes. Hope everyone's well
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi ladies - ok I have to go completly off topic here cause I am about to burst.......(sorry if this gets long...)so had a meeting today at DS1 school to review his IEP (set in place mainly because of behavior issues) they also just give me a review on how he is doing and we sit and talk......it's me, his teacher, guidence counsoler, and special ed teacher (although he is not in special ed - he is in the regular class room but if has really bad behavior issues he can be sent to her room - that is in part what the IEP is in place for) so anyway - a little back story - last school year DS was having A LOT of issues at school and his after school program - getting in trouble, bullying, rude, agruing with teachers and staff, yelling, disrespecting, etc - and I had been pushing to get an IEP in place for him for a long time - well finally about half way through the school year last year we got one!! He was placed on a "points" system and teachers were expected to deal with issues a certain way etc. I was happy since I had some members of the school telling me how horrible my son was and how could I let him act this way and did I not care / do anything???? (Yes, I am serious - I had one "specials" teacher - a teacher who does music or art - call me and just go off on me one day because DS was disrespectful and had major attitude etc) after trying to keep my cool and explaining that he has emotional "issues" and true medical problems (no my son is not just a jerk thank you!!! and no I am not just a shitty mom (I hope) thank you!!!!) and the teacher then replying "well where is the paperwork then to document this?" My statement - "I have been asking almost 2 years for help with this and to get an IEP in place" anyway my point is there were MAJOR issues that everyone noticed and it was hard on him (since everyone acted like he was this horrible nasty kid) and me since I was also being treated as though I was not raising my son......
So last school year we set up this IEP and we were hoping to decrease the amount of serious outbursts and problems and agressive behavior etc.....

Ok any way the big news - he has went above and BEYOND the goal!!!!!!! YAY DUDE!!!!! We were able to remove many things off his sheets - he will still have the IEP as he still has a lot of issues and sadly has had a few rought weeks (which I think I have mentioned no grandpa time :( ) BUT a lot of the parts containing the words "harsh" "serious" "agressive" and "severe" were REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!

AND AND!!!!

His "testing" for reading and math ABOVE GRADE LEVEL!!!!!! For math he is one of the TOP (YES TOP!!!!) 4th grade students in his school!!!!!!!!!!! I am seriously just about in tears (happy) writting this!!! So from last year this time he jumped a good grade and a half in reading and math!!!! (So reading he is now about 4 1/2 - 5 grade level and math he is 6 1/2 grade level!!! and he's in 4th grade!!!!)

I am so proud of him - I've always known there is a good smart kid under these problems!!!!

All the ladies in the meeting this morning just could not believe the difference in him (granted his teacher did not know him last year - but she even said from the beginning of the school year to now she has seen a HUGE difference!!) And one lady said - seeing this we can really tell how much his emotional problems / issues were effecting his learning (he was always "grade" appropriate which is great but to be this much above!!!! WOW) and now we've obviously got his meds on track and are doing something right!!!

Anyway - I had to post this I have been busy at work but busting with all this just happiness for my lovely son!!!!

On a side note - he still gives me trouble of course what 10 year old doesn't BUT I have even noticed at home most of the things he is getting in trouble for at home or school are just simple (stupid) things mostly - so knowing he is doing so well you better believe this mama will praise this boy but also continue on his little butt to clean up his act a little more!!! He has had a few "star" weeks at school - which are not good and so has lost grandpa time but again the things he is getting in trouble for are so much more minor then before - granted still not acceptable by any means which is why he has been grounded but much much better than last year.....

Ok I am done :D :D

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Ok ladies

Claire: :D :jump: :jump: 6 months!!!!!!! wow!!!! Can't wait to see some pics!!!!

Rachel: How was group today??? As far as Kyle yes I have thought about taking away the paci - first I am going to try moving him to the next size (Its a little bigger - thinking he may be able to hold on to it better) and / or another brand - he has always liked his but maybe one that he can hold on to a little better......sorry you were up so much last night...thats frustrating!!! And I don't mind any suggestions or ideas EVER!! please don't be afraid to chime in!!!

Cara: did you get out to eat last night???? does Archer keep his paci all night???

Our nightly report: Tylenol at 6pm and bed a little early again because Kyle has been SOOOO tired (maybe if he'd sleep at night......) so bottle / rocking around 6:45pm - he drank 5 1/2 ounces!!!!!!!!!! Around 9pm started making noises whining a little etc.....tried nuk and back rubs - no go - he starts SCREAMING!!! Finally get him up he drinks 4 ounces over the next half hour or so....by 10pm he's still whiney and restless - I am dead tired - grab him and he sleeps with me.... :| not good - don't want that to be a habit!! (I keep saying this yet he ends up with me a few nights a week granted sometimes only for an hour or so but still!!!) So I remember him just being wiggly and restless - offering nuk several times - around 2:30am giving bottle (drank 3 ounces) because again really crying.....I got up at 4:20am - Kyle up around 5:10am......I again don't know....unless his teeth are really bothering him THIS bad........ :( :( lost....

Anyway ladies - better get back to work :D will try to hop on later....

Sorry for the novels!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:09 pm

Yay for DS1!! I can imagine how happy you must be after going to all that effort getting him the help he needs at school. That's amazing about his grades - you must be one proud mama!

And wow at how much Kyle is eating!! I don't know either - I reckon if you can get rid of the paci and get to the point where he only wakes up if he's hungry, then things might be clearer...but easier said than done!

Well my day didn't quite go to plan. I went all the way into town to go to the mother and baby group this afternoon but Eli only napped for 15 mins max in the car on the way there. He was then really tired by lunch time and started crying because he couldn't get back to sleep in his pram with all the noise etc. So I decided to go home again - there was no way he would've lasted at the group. He did have a 30 min nap at home later in the afternoon (thankfully). But I wasted money on parking and petrol today - never mind... I think I'll have to find a group that's closer to me in future.

Not much else to say today ladies. Hope you're all well
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups