The Babymakers #4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #4

Postby h0ping » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Rachel: Thanks :D I am a proud mama!!!!! I can't wait to pick him up from school.......

I know I couldn't believe Kyle drank 5 1/2 ounces then less then 3 hours later drank 4 more!!! I don't know either what to do...this past weekend he did so good!!!! I just don't get it!!! And sometimes I just don't know if I could not feed him - I mean he SCREAMS!!! But then how can I get him to drink more during the day if I don't stop feeding him at night.......this is horrible!!! I truly truly think he did better on the weekend cause he was home and now he's back at daycare and sleeping like crap!!! I guess I'll find out this weekend maybe if he does well again??? But if so then I guess I'll just have to let him scream and not feed him??? That seems so horrible!!! GRRRRRRR I hate this - DS1 wasn't in daycare until age 3 so I didn't have this issue.........

Thanks as always for listening to me.....

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:46 pm

I was so worried that Eli would scream and scream too, but it actually got better surprisingly quickly. I think the first night I put him down without feeding him to sleep he cried for a good hour and a half before falling asleep (I would go in after 10 mins of continuous crying to comfort him for 10 mins then leave again). The second night it was only 20 minutes of crying! The other nights there wasn't much at the start of the night but then if he woke much later in the night and was finding it hard to get back to sleep he would cry a bit. I think we had a couple of nights where it was another hour, but otherwise he did really well and a week or so in he would only give a faint cry/moan while getting himself back to sleep.

I meant to say as well that when I reduced his feed overnight, even when he was only getting 1 feed for 2 to 3 minutes, he wouldn't feed for all that long for his first feed of the day. This definitely improved when he was on nothing overnight.

It is hard listening to them cry but I kind of think that a few days of tears which results in much better sleep in the long run for baby (and mama) is one of the best gifts we can give them. It probably results in less tears overall in the longer-run, if you see what I mean.

Oh I just have to say it again - yay for DS1!! :D
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Rachel: Thanks :D - now when you say you don't feed him to sleep - do you wake him up if he falls asleep while eating then lay him down or ??? I am not too worried honestly about the initial bedtime - sometimes he is still some what awake and falls asleep - its when he wakes up to eat between 9-10pm (since that seems to be the new normal) he just screams........and honestly if he would eat at bedtime then eat again at 9pm then not again until morning I would be fine with that but he usually is up 1 more time to eat...I am kinda curious to see how he does this weekend though - almost curious to see if I do nothing different will he still sleep well (meaning he's home so he'll eat during the day better than sleep during the night????) but I don't know......

Yesterday at daycare I dropped him off at 7am (usual time) and picked him up at 3:10pm (a little early - since he had physical therapy) and he only drank 8 ounces during that time.

DS1 :D (thanks!!!)

I really appreciate your listening and your suggestions!! Thanks again :D

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Oh and I agree 100% that crying for a few days / week is worth it in the end - I did have to do a little sleep training with DS1 but it was more not rocking him to sleep anymore at bedtime - during the night he was pretty easy but again he didn't go to daycare.....but yes I agree!!! And I know and understand that I just don't know how to do it since he's sooooo hungry......

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Sorry I missed so much!

Krissy-congrats on DS1! I know how proud you must be. He has come such A long way!! And that is awesome about his grades. What is his name? I don't like referring to children as DS and DD I like to use names! And as for the pacifier, I have to agree with rachel there. If Archer woke up for it more than once at night I may through it out the window lol. I think for him it's more of a convince because you are going to him everytime he cries or makes a noise. Once he realizes you won't come everytime he will stop. When u first started putting him in the crib he would wake up every 2-3 hours but I think it was more because he was so young at the time he needed new to eat now he doesn't ever wake to before he is hungry. It's after he eats he starts moaning and groaning like he wants to get up but I just ignore him and he goes back to sleep on his own. He does have a pacifier but he only uses it to sleep sometimes. Usually when we are riding in the car or when he is cranky. He doesn't take it at bedtime, unless it's a rare occasion where he wakes up before its time to eat or he is restless. But he keeps it in his mouth really well now that I finally found one he likes. Originally I hated pacifiers but when you have a child who cries all the time for the first two months, what you would have dones go out the window and it becomes what helps mommy and baby. Also when I lay Archer down, he is usually still awake, I leave the room and keep the door cracked. If he knows I'm still there he will start kicking his legs and whining for me to get him.

Rachel-sorry your mommy group didn't go well today. Must have been a bad nap day because my mom said Archer did not nap unless it was in her arms today. He's been I'll as a hornet all day, so he's been asleep since 430. Woke up only for a bath and to eat right now at 730. Next time you log on, write the time it is so I can figure out the time difference if you don't mind. I feel like you are about 8-10 hrs ahead of US.

Claire-6 months!!! Wow time goes too fast.

Afm-good day at work but bad day for Archer. He woke up pissy and has finished his day pissy. I think he has had gas bubbles all day and there is nothing we can really do for that. He didn't sleep but maybe an hour all day and only ate around 8 ozs from 8-1. I pumped 8 ozs the last two days at work and 10 at home between night and morning. So plenty to feed the baby! It's 730 and he is so tired that he won't even eat and he hasn't ate since 4. But on a side note-I cannot wait to put him to bed and spend some time with DH! I miss him. I feel like we never get time together. We did go to the new restaurant last night and it was AMAZING!! I got blackened mahi mahi, garlic green beans, and rice pilaf with hush puppies and everything was delicious! I'll have to go there again soon. I just recently sent a unhappy letter to the lady who did Archers newborn pictures because I still haven't received them yet. Hopefully I will get them soon, I'm sick of waiting for them it's been almost 3 months! Gonna try and post new pics in the spam thread! Goodnight ladies.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:32 am

Krissy - yes I wake him up if he's fallen asleep feeding before bed. But to be honest he doesn't often fall fully asleep because I split his feed so he gets about 75% of a feed at about 430/5pm and then another 25% at about 630pm before bed. We feed listening to a lullaby CD I have to act as a sleep cue then I put on the white noise CD for overnight. He sleeps listening to that all night.

Cara - your meal sounded delicious! It's currently 830am here on Friday - not sure how that compares to you? Also your post about your baby photos reminded me that we returned ours and got a refund because they were awful - not even in focus! But these were ones done by a national company here who take photos in the hospital. I think they just employ any old person who isn't even a photographer! Hope you get your photos soon!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:35 am

Rachel- you are 6 hours ahead of me. Not sure what time zone Krissy is in. But when it was 830 for you it was 230 for me :D. Wellmy pictures turned out good I just had other problems with the photographer that I didn't like.

Krissy-how was your night?

Afm-another good night of sleep for Archer. Although I've been putting him in bed with me at around 400 because he starts rustling in the bed and I'm too tired to keep getting up checking on him. Work has wore me out. So he stays in bed with me for a couple hours but I like my extra cuddle time with him :) getting ready for work! Happy Friday. I'm ready to sleep in!!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:39 am

Hi ladies :D I am loving all the chatter!!!!

Rachel: Thank you - in Kyle's room I have a fan on and he has a frog that plays music for 30 minutes - so I turn that on when we rock then it shuts off.....I have been wondering if I got him a cd to listen to if that would help?? Kyle usually falls alseep while eating his bottle - sometimes is slightly awake when I lay him down but not always..might have to start waking that boy up.....this is so crazy I didn't have to do this with Frankie (DS1) That's horrible about your baby photos - atleast you got a refund!!!!

Cara: Thank you!!! DS1 is Frankie - I agree I don't really like the DD and DS......sorry Archer was in such a yucky mood!!! That stinks!!! Sounds like the pumping is going well though :D even if Archer doesn't eat that much!!! (but yesterday Kyle only ate 7 ounces from 7am-4:30pm 8O )

Well for us - yesterday as I said he hardly ate at daycare....so we got home and I got him to drink 4 ounces :D and was going to wait on his "dinner" well about 15-20 minutes after the bottle he had a different idea and wanted dinner.....

Bedtime - bath and get ready - eating bottle / rocking around 6:45pm (someone said maybe this is too early but the poor guy is TIRED!! rubbing his eyes red and will get crabby if I wait to long - so I have been trying for 6:30 - 6:45pm before he gets too tired and then doesn't want to sleep...) was restless from the beginning - didn't run to him right away - but then would go in and rub back - even had DH go in a few times hoping he would stop....well about 9:45pm up to eat.....10:30pm still up making noises rolling around etc......finally falls asleep (laid him down awake) remember giving nuk around 1am and he slept until about 2:30am then time to eat.......laid back down awake and wiggled talked then whining until 3:30am when I finally just put him in bed with me........

Kinda curious to do nothing different this weekend and see if he sleeps - if so then I can assume it's because he is home and with me and he eats better during the day also when we're home.......

Otherwise am thinking I may need to stop sleeping in his room....last night at 2:30 after I fed him I laid him down and left the room but he still wiggled around and whined and such for a hour before I just gave up....

I don't know this is really so new to me since Frankie did not have this issue - I was also with Frankie a lot more and if I wasn't he was with my grandma since he didn't go to daycare........

Thanks again for listening and offering suggestions....I think DH gets annoyed with me but I just don't know what to do...

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:40 am

Oh and Cara its 8:40am right now

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi again!
Krissy - again I'm not an expert - but I thought I'd mention the ladies I got sleep-coaching from for Eli said was that I should avoid taking him into bed with me - because it will only make him wake and cry more to constantly get brought into bed. I guess all babies are different - but I have a couple of close friends who said "whatever you do don't do what we did - we're still paying the price 3 years down the line." And their 3 year olds are still wanting to sleep in bed with them! One recently told me she'd started a star chart for her son who was wanting into their bed every night - she told him he'd get a toy after one week of stars i.e. no coming into mummy and daddy's bed - after 2 nights he said "I don't want a toy - I'd rather sleep here!!" :doh:

Feel free to have a chat with us here about what you might like to try with Kyle - particularly if you're boring DH lol!

Cara - so by my calculations it must be about 120pm with you - hope your day is going well!

I had a non-eventful day. Went to see one of my good friends this afternoon - that was about it - out for a couple of walks with the pram otherwise and also packing because we're going away for a couple of days tomorrow - I'm dreading how much stuff we have to take!! Well a glass of wine and some dinner is on the cards now - 725pm here! (maybe we should always sign off with our local time lol! )
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Rachel thanks :) and yes bringing them to bed can be very bad...I also know someone who's soon to be 7 and 4 year olds wanna sleep with them!!!! But its easy to break in a baby especially if its not consistent all night.....I still don't wanna do it but sometimes I need a few minutes of sleep!!!! But I won't make it a habit....glad you got to are a friend!! Where are you going??? Any where fun???

Well 635pm here I'm on my phone so this is short gonna get Kyle ready for bed soon.....

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:07 am

Mornin ladies it's 9 am and I'm getting ready to lay Archer down for his morning nap. We're going to try this nap thing this weekend and see if we can get some kinks figured out. Had a good night of sleep and he woke up at 720. We went into the kitchen and he say in his Bumbo chair on the counter while Iade breakfast and did some laundry and a little housework. He stayed happy the whole time!!! I think I found the cure. Now after he is in bed I've got a ton to do, vacuum, sweep, mop, more laundry(about 7 loads 8O ), clean kitchens, clean bathrooms, clean my car, and grocery shopping. I don't know how much I will get done but I'm going to try to accomplish a lot!! Wish me luck ladies :) I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Oh forgot to mention, I made Archer a dr appointment for Tuesday because my mom thinks he's a bit colicy as do I so I'll find out an updated weight and height then :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:50 pm

HI ladies

Check out the photo thread :D pics are from last Friday and Sunday....took more this weekend and weekend but didn't have time to post so stuck to last weeks photos :D

Cara: did you get a lot done? Did Archer nap I guess should be the better question!!!! Sorry he is not acting right - what's happening that you are taking him to the doctor??? But I can't wait to see his weight!! :D

Rachel: how are you??? (are you out of town.....you mentioned something about packing..........)

Don't have much time to update - want to play with Kyle a little before bed but wanted to post some pics!!!

Will write lots tomorrow (got lots to tell ya!!!!)

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Krissy-my mom thinks he has colic. I never believed in it and thought people just don't know what to do with their children so they cry a lot. But I'm starting to believe in it. Archer has always cried a lot but since he is my first I don't really know why is normal and what is not. Now that my mom has him about 8 hrs a day she sees what I've went through and she really thinks he is colicy. So we're going to the dr in hopes for a remedy or answers maybe some testing if they think it's due to his stomach. I know he is very gassy because when he is crying a lot he always passes gas. Some days are better than others and because I am his mon the good ALWaYS outweighs the bad but some days I just lay down and cry with him because nothing I do works. Like tonight he has screamed from 6-8 nothing worked. He's finally in bed but I don't like putting him to bed so upset I just feel like a horrible mom and a failure. I know that's not true but when you can't console your child it's so hard in the heart. Anyway, hopefully the dr will point me in the right direction.

Another thing I find funny is you never hear parents talk about their kids being anything but good babies, well lately when people ask about Archer I'm honest and usually say, " he cries a lot". Its amazing to me how many people's "perfect" babies turned into colicy ones when I admitted what's going in with my son. I think people are truly embarrassed because you seriously feel like a bad parent because of it :(. But I'm off to bed, I'm so tired.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 am

Cara: Poor Archer!!!! I know awhile ago you asked about dairy free or suggestions about gas problems or something???? I just remember suggesting dairy free or caffeine free?? Did you every try either?? I have been dairy free for quite a long time - I think it has helped Kyle - but he is also still a gassy little boy :( well I am interested to see what your doctor says....and I understand completly what you mean about feeling like a bad mom / failure - I feel the same way at times - as you said even though we are not it feels that way when they are upset / crying like that!!! That's kinda funny how peoples "good / perfect" babies suddenly change once your honest...I guess I never really noticed that!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups