The Babymakers #4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #4

Postby Clairebear » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:55 am

Wow I just wrote a book!
Lol
Sorry bout that

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:02 am

Claire: lol its ok to write a book - I sure did yesterday!!! Thank you for your thoughts on my daycare problem. If Kyle were sucking that hard I would def. increase the flow but he never does that and almost NEVER even gets frustrated at home - so why he would be so different at daycare I don't understand - which is why I think they just want him eating faster which is not right at all......again I could see 100% if he was taking forever to eat because if so even I would have enough of that (as much as I love holding the little guy.....) but he usually eats in about 10 minutes or less (I have kinda been timing this weekend and so far no feeding has gone over 10 minutes) - so to me 10 or even 15 minutes doesn't seem like too much........maybe he is more distracted at daycare but still - if he's hungry he eats.....And yes for the most part I have been pretty happy with his care - he seems to like the girls there and always wants to play when we get there....there have been a few comments / things that I am not very happy with but I have said what I think and they are doing that - to me this is a HUGE problem just because I told them no and they are doing what they want anyway.....esp ruining his nipple and then going and buying different ones???? Ahhh sorry still makes me upset!!! Glad you are feeling better!!! Hope this week goes well at work for you.....

Cara: I am sorry I never really answered anything you said yesterday :( The boys appointment is this coming Wednesday (April 17th) and DH will not be going.......but we should manage fine - that's why I plan on leaving early - hopefully Kyle will sleep a good chunk and if we need to stop once or twice we will have time and if we don't we'll just waste time once we get there.....Kyle is kinda trying to crawl - he does the "army crawl" SOOOOO cute lol!!! still has to figure out how to get his knees under him lol but he's so much fun to watch and play with!!! How is Archer? How is working on the sitting? I still can not leave Kyle sitting up yet by himself I need to be next to him or atleast put the boppy around him.....soon I hope but its not a big deal - takes quite awhile for them to figure that out sometimes and to have good enough balance to be by themselves.....How fun - FOOD!!! Can't wait to see pics of a messy Archer!!!

Rachel: Thanks again for your response on the daycare issues. I am still really upset and probably won't be able to talk to the director until I pick Kyle up tomorrow - I'm not sure how I'm going to get through work all day with him there.......another thing that bothers me is they will WAY over feed him with a faster nipple (another reason I have kept him at slow - other than the obvious that he doesn't need it....) because as soon as he whines they give him more milk. I am going to mention something tomorrow to his teachers when I drop him off that he does not need 2 bottles at one sitting!!!!! Ahhh sorry - still bothers me!!!

Afm: Just still obviously upset about the daycare situation........otherwise weekend as usual - not as busy as most but soon will be leaving home for most of the day so it will go fast.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:25 am

Wow Krissy you really had a lot going on! I work for the school board but before getting my degree I worked in child are/daycare. Although the center I worked at did not have infants. I think either way they need to obey your wishes. For example when I was working there I had a little girl whose father said she needed pull ups at nap time, well she honestly didn't and never had an accident all they did was embarrass her and she never wanted to wear them. So I talked to her father about it and he said no she has to wear them. Well that's what I did. Even though his daughter would cry everyday not to put it on I made her because of her parents wishes. So the same concept applies. The parents are ALWAYS right no matter what the teacher thinks is necessary. I think you should make it a point to tell the teachers you know what they have done and you do not appreciate it. That you will be talking to the director and thinking about pulling him out over this incidence. It is unprofessional to not follow the parents rules and makes for a horrid teacher regardless of how they treat your child. If you threaten to pull him out I garuntee they will fix whatever they have done. Explain to them that he is breastfed and things are different with breastfed babies, they eat slower and less milk and more often. And point out that you think they are only asking for bigger nipples because they want him to get done faster. That's not how it works!! Jeez that upset me too. I'd be pissed and would have went crazy mama on them with the cut nipple!

I'm sorry I totally have no idea what anyone else said because krissys post upsetme so much. Will try to catch back up later. It's a rainy day today and I fel awful. Strep throat is going around again I feel like I may have caught it :( I'm going to nap with archer. Have a good Sunday ladies!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:50 am

Good morning ladies....

Cara: Thank you for your response!!! I will update below.......How are you feeling? I hope you don't get sick again!! That is no fun!

Rachel How are you today? How is Eli sleeping?

Claire: How are you feeling? Better I hope!! I hope work goes alright for you.....

AFM: I am still so upset over the daycare issues and honestly going crazy that my little sweet boy is there and goodness knows how they will feed him.....I will be speaking with the director this afternoon (office girls are not there when I drop off and I could not come into work late today) I am hoping to leave work early so maybe they won't have "doctored" Kyle's bottles back to "normal" - since they know when I usually pick him up and I did not mention about getting there early......so we'll see. But either way I plan to talk to the director - so I am planning on going to get Kyle then check bottles then talk to the director......(no matter if nipples have been switched or not)
I am so glad I have you ladies to talk with and I hope my issues have not caused any concern - you ladies are lucky to have family available or able to stay home right now.......I have lost sleep and am sitting here going crazy and I haven't even put 2 hours in yet.......But I am glad you let me vent and gave me advise/suggestions - you confirmed I am not a crazy mom lol! I also let DH read your responses - he hasn't said a whole lot other than I need to talk to them about it and also realizes this breaks trust and just the fact that they are doing what they want with out concern of what I want......I have a few things I will be speaking with the director about......and sadly they are all feeding related - last night talking with DH I did say I think it also really bothers me because Kyle seems happy there and besides some feeding issues I haven't had any problems....Kyle seems excited when he sees a few of the girls (the 2 main ones and then 2-3 of the other ones that help in his room often when 1 of the 2 main girls is off/sick/on break)
I did talk to 1 of the 2 main girls this morning about 1 of my concerns / issues (the other main girl is there today but wasn't in yet when I dropped Kyle off) so we'll see how that goes......
I'm sorry I am all over the place...........Hope everyone is having a good day

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:22 am

WHERE IS EVERYONE????

It's a ghost town around here......

Rachel, Cara, Claire??? How is everyone???

Got an update on the daycare situation - but don't have a lot of time to write it out right now - I will soon (probably tomorrow) I promise......I have not been around much this week due to things being CRAZY (again will update on that soon also!!!!)

Hope everyone is well!!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Tired, 5:45am and been up with charley since 5. Shes got a tummy ache n had a wet bum (DP put a disposable on her, newborn size lol)
Laying in bed waiting for her to sleep so I can get a little more rest before work.
Will post more when I'm actually awake lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:06 am

Hi,
Sorry for being MIA - for some reason I haven't been getting update emails...

Krissy -how has the daycare situation gone? I really want to know what they said to you!

I can't stay on as Eli is having a fussy couple of days and he's not napping at the moment like he should :!: We were away again for a few days this week as DH is off work. Hope everyone is good!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:07 am

Rach- my alerts play up from time to time but usually after I put a new post on they start coming through again. I just check the thread if I haven't had an alert in about a week, just to be sure.
Hope Eli gets back into his routine soon for you. Do u have any idea what's thrown his napping schedule out?

Krissy- I agree with rach.. Need a daycare update from you! Hope everything's sorting itself out there for you.

Cara- where r u darl??? Hope u n archer are well :) missing your chatter.

Afm - I'm sooo tired! All I want to do is sleep, this pregnancy is causing extreme fatigue at the moment. Combine that with charley having a few rough nights with a snotty nose, full time work and u get one exhausted mumma lol.
Had a late night last night, I had a work training/trivia dinner on after work. It was a great night out, our major sponsor released a new product range and put on a free dinner and trivia night for their stockests to launch it. Good people, good food and good fun! :) and all free! (always makes things better lol) it was in the city though and didn't finish til 10pm, so I didn't get into bed til about midnight.
DP took care of charley every morning this week and last night while I was at the dinner function. He fed her and put her to bed, and gave her panadol for her snotty nose n stuffy head, not a single panicked phone call at all :) very proud of them both. :) DP has been so helpful with charley the past couple of weeks, hopefully he keeps it up. As I've said before, he doesn't do a lot if the careing for her, and I haven't expected him too due to his mental health, but that's on the road to recovery now, and now he's seen first hand just how easy it is to take care of charley, I'm really Hoping he keeps it up. :)

Anyway I'm just tired and rambling cos I can lol
Going to relax and watch a movie now.. 'Pitch perfect' i think.. I want to watch 'what to expect when your expecting' but I watched that the other night, and im so hormonal and emotional at the
Moment that I kept crying during the movie lol I've teared up a few times watching tv lately lol

Anyway, rambling again, signing off for tonight now.
Night ladies lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:20 am

2x week 8 belly pix

Excuse the mess

And at the work function..and I Looked bigger IRL lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:56 am

Good Morning Ladies!!!

How is everyone? Rachel and Claire – nice to hear from you!!!

Claire: Hope you get some sleep soon!! When I was pregnant with Kyle I was sooooo tired in the beginning!!! I can’t believe your belly pics already!!!! How exciting!!!!

Alright – an update as promised!!!! Monday I left work early to talk to the daycare. That morning when I dropped Kyle off I talked with 1 of the 2 “main” teachers in Kyle’s room about waiting until he is hungry to feed him – not just feeding him because he hasn’t eaten for awhile. (this came about the same time as the “nipple” issues – I went to pick him up and he hadn’t eaten in several hours but had eaten A LOT around lunch time – so she said “oh we just made him a bottle – you might want to feed him before you leave” he was playing on the floor content…..so I did not feed him and he did not ate for another 1-1.5 hours after I left with him – so Monday morning I just asked again that they wait until he starts showing hunger signs instead of “scheduling” feeds) anyway so I did bring that up to the teacher. So anyway – left work early – got Kyle and headed to the office both ladies were in the office alone (director and her assistant) I asked if I could speak to them with the door closed…….I approached it as “I am coming to you guys in hope this was a mix – up / mistake but if not I still want you to be aware” I explained about them asking to increase nipple size and that I had stated no and that the “cut” nipple came home on Tuesday night and I said I was giving the benefit that maybe it was a “mistake” and they said it almost looked like it had been “poked” (which honestly no way to tell if cut or poked – they meant like when cleaning – but if you ask me you’d really have to be aggressive to go completely through a bottle nipple while cleaning – but hey it happens) but then the bigger (brand new nipple) had come home Friday night. I said I know none of the other babies in his room use the same kind of bottle but I don’t know if maybe someone from another room (we have like a “transition” room and I don’t know if any kids / babies in there use bottles or if they are all sippies) used those bottles and it just got mixed up. They did not think that would happen since each room’s dishes are washed together so they don’t get mixed up but agreed with me – you never know. So the director asked me if she could investigate a little – I agreed – stating that was why I was coming to them “hoping” that it was just a mix – up. I also brought up the feeding only when hungry (and told them I was only bringing it up because I had talked to the teachers 2-3 times already about it and if it continued to be a problem I would ask that they help me to solve it but that I had talked with one of the teachers that morning about it) Both ladies agreed with me 100% that he should not be increased until I felt he was ready…etc etc. The “assistant” also bf her youngest (I think he is 18 months old or so) and so she brought up that she also never used anything more than a slow flow nipple then a sippy cup. She also agreed with the feeding only when hungry and I also felt she really understood because her youngest is tiny like Kyle – so she understood when I explained how much they had fed him that Friday before and then didn’t want to eat again for a long time and also understood when I said I didn’t feel the need to increase his bottle size….she stated her son also “usually” only took 4 ounces per feeding – up until 1 year old with only occasional larger feedings – like Kyle. So that was re-assuring to me also (especially since Frankie is so much older – I don’t remember a lot of these details like how much he ate at a feeding etc and he was also formula fed – not breastfed which makes a difference) that she pretty much did everything I am doing and did it up until her son turned a year old……

So ok – Tuesday afternoon I go to pick up Kyle and the assistant grabs me right away and tells me that another baby in the room uses the same nipples as Kyle – it was hers!!! She uses a different brand bottle but the same nipples……so we got her nipple – she got Kyle’s!!!!! YAY!!!! Now I should mention – there are 6 full time babies and 1 part time baby. Kyle and 1 other baby are the only 2 babies that bring bottles back and forth each day (the other baby is breast fed also) all the other babies have bottles that stay there – daycare washes them and back in their cupboard (each baby has their own space) they go…….so a switch like this would not have been caught by a parent – would possibly have been caught when the teacher went to feed the other baby but not necessarily….So point being it was a mistake!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness!!!!!!!!! I expressed that to the directors assistant – I said “Oh I am so glad – I was really hoping it would be something like this!” And of course I meant it!!! All in all I have been happy with Kyle’s care – other than the feeding issue which I think will be fine I have been happy – he seems to like it there and seems to like the teachers so that makes me feel good.

But I am SOOOO happy I approached it the way I did – and honestly I am glad it happened over the weekend so I had time to decide how to talk with them!!!!

So sorry for the novel lol….wow!!! I hope this made sense!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 am

Wowser on the belly pic Claire - woo hoo!! Sorry it's taken so long to reply - I seem to have been running around so much the last day or two it's hard to find a minute to post here. As for why Eli's fussy - I'm not sure. I think it may be a developmental thing - he stops napping and acts fussy for a day or two and then he's over it. He's better today but my goodness, he's suddenly turning into a proper little boy now - I think he's gonna be stubborn too - he screams if he doesn't get his way and shouts at me when I'm not feeding him fast enough :o He's all rough and tumble too (all of a sudden). I'm guessing boys are very different to girls lol!

Krissy - that's great news about Kyle's daycare. You must be really relieved you don't have to worry about that any more. You sound like you approached it really well. Must be such a weight off your shoulders.

Sorry I can't stay on long - it's almost Eli's bath time. Had some horrible news today about someone I know in Australia who was killed in a motorbike accident today. Not sure if you heard anything about it Claire (I admit I can't remember where in Australia you are). Wasn't someone I knew well but kind of know her through Facebook as we have the same breed of dog and her dog has had major health problems that are a bit like ours. She'd just had plastic surgery on her arm after the dog bit her (it has a disease in its brain) and she literally just got out of hospital a week or two ago. We'd chatted a lot online in the past few weeks. I think the accident was in Victoria. Anyway, been on my mind all day.... :(

Right, off to get the bath run and the boy into bed (fingers crossed).

Cara - hope you're doing well - I'll need to check your post again to remember what you were saying last - sorry no personals today. Hopefully catch up soon!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Catching up now. I just haven't found time to post lately. archer has been super high maintenance lately and needing every minute of my time. And when he's finally in bed, so am I. So I will try to play catch up while I am sitting in the ford dealership waiting for Casey to get here so we can drop off his truck to go in the shop.

Krissy good to hear you got everything squared away with daycare. I think you handled it well. How was your weekend? Busy as usual I'm assuming. When is your 3 hour trip again?

Claire-wow at the belly!! They do say you show faster with multiple pregnancies. Glad to here DP is doing more and keeping charley for you. She is at an easy age now. When archer gets that old I'll probably feel comfortable leaving him with his daddy but right now I don't want to leave him with anyone!! Sorry your so sleepy, I do not miss that sage of pregnancy!!! But I am ready for another :) I'm hoping to try again around October.

Rachel- sorry about Eli's fussy days. I totally understand archer picks and chooses his fussy days too. Sorry to hear about the friend you had. So is so terrible. I hate hearing about motorcycle accidents, so scary!

Had a good weekend. Archer is doing the popping off the breast thing again and making breastfeeding a challenge once again. I just don't feel like he is eating enough when he does that. Apparently so because he is not crying that he is hungry. I'm having a breakdown because my mon cannot watch the baby this weekend for us to go deep sea fishing and I'm not comfortable with archer going yet so I called my mil as a last resort. She's extremely excited about watching him. Me? Not so much. She's I my met him about 10 times in his life and he just doesn't really know her. She doesn't know his ways and anything about breastfeeding, so I am about to work on a nice long about Archer list and hope and pray everything goes just fine. I will be leaving my cousins phone number because she can calm him down but I know my mil is too stubborn to admit defeat. But for the sake of the baby if she's needs help with him I hope she would ask for it and not feel like she couldn't handle him. Jeez I'm so nervous about this I don't know if I will go through with it. I've already called my mom and she told me to postpone our trip until another time but truly it just keeps getting hotter and hotter this weekend will be perfect weather and my best friend will be in town to go with so we can really enjoy ourselves. Ahh well see I'm such a nervous nelly!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:55 am

I'm bleeding... Red blood.. No horrible cramps though, really hoping its the sch...
If it doesn't stop I'll b going to the doc tomorrow..

Cross your fingers for my bean

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:23 am

Fingers crossed for you Claire. As you say, hopefully just the sch
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:13 am

Thanks. Tryin not to stress but it's hard not too.
Told work I won't b in tomorrow, will call my doc first thing in the morning

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups