The Babymakers #4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #4

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:45 am

Any news yet Claire? I hope to goodness you're still not waiting there...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:52 am

Claire: Stalking for an update.....hoping you are not still waiting!!!!!!!!

Cara: Nice to hear from you :D I agree 100% about having small babies - I say all the time I couldn't imagine Kyle the same size as the other babies at daycare - I have picked some of them up....YIKES!! And that is just for a minute or so lol!!! I am so glad Kyle is tiny! Archer sounds like Kyle when eating!! Kyle does the same thing (opens mouth when I eat) its pretty cute. I try to give him "regular" food whenever possible but been doing more jarred food since there is not much available here this time of year - in a month or so there will be a lot more and then the farmers market starts in June!!! YAY so then he will get more "real" food lol and he'll be able to eat more just cut up rather than pureed which will be nice also - I made homemade beef stew the other night and Kyle loved that - potatoes and carrots and meat :D he has only had meat once or twice but he loved the beef stew meat! And it was nice and soft which was good. I think Kyle will be around 15 pounds or so but I am curious to see where he is!!! I will be making his 9 month appointment this week - probably for the first week of June.......I just can't get over how fast our babies are growing up!!!!

AFM: nothing much going on - Frankie had baseball tryouts last night and he was SOOOO nervous and is now worried he didn't do well and won't make the team :( its a lot of pressure on these kids and most are only 10 years old......I think he did alright (he did not get a hit when up to bat but there were other kids who didn't either......) but I don't know.....they call you within a week if you make the team so now we wait........

Hope everyone is well!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:39 am

11:30pm, I arrived at about 3pm, I'm on my way home now. Got to see bean wriggling and heart beating :)
They don't know what caused the bleed but everything looks good
Bean looks great and that's the main thing :) :) :)
So reassuring to see that LO moving

Anyway I better go and eat something and get some rest, back to work in the morning

Thank you all for checking on me :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:53 am

Great news Claire!!!!!!!! Oh I am so happy :D :D :D :D !!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:51 am

Fantastic new Claire. Read your post earlier but was driving so couldn't reply! can't believe how long you waited but sounds like it was worth it in the end
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:05 am

Hmm another small bleed. I just keep reminding myself I saw bean happy and healthy last night. DP just brought me dinner in bed and a friend of mine is coming to take care of my pets. I'm just going to lay here abd try to relax

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 am

Try and take it easy Claire. Hope the bleeding stops soon for you. Shame they couldn't tell you more about what to expect etc.

Krissy - I need some tips about weaning! I gave Eli a biscuit yesterday for the first time and he sucked on it for a while but then broke a small piece off. Now he's not used to eating 'whole' foods - he likes his smooth purees and spits out any that aren't entirely smooth. Well anyway, he must've got a piece of biscuit at the back of his throat as he started to cough a bit then choke a little, then he gagged and brought up milk (which he never does really). I'm now nervous to give him whole food again because I don't want him to keep being sick - but I guess I just have to keep trying with him? What do you think? I'm worried all the sweet smooth purees are going to stop him eating other foods - I really want him to try some meat! Ugh, probably worrying too much but wondered if you'd gone through the same thing with Kyle?

Hope Frankie makes the team!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:07 am

Thanks rach

With 'solid' food if baby's gag and cough it's usually ok, choking is silent.
They gag most while starting to try these foods but it's all a learning experience for them. Scary for us but their gag reflex is further forward then an adult do they tend to gag and cough it up before they could choke on it. Just start with things that disintergrate when slobered on, like biscuits. Or pieces of really ripe soft fruit they can mush.
Charley loves broccoli trees and snow peas, steamed. She also loves toast and fish fingers, potato and banana. She's tried little bits of cauliflower, carrot, capsicum, avocado, salmon and load more I'm sure I'm forgetting.
She still gags occasionally but she's tried all this without choking.

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:27 am

Claire hope you got some rest it is very reassuring that you saw little bean....so even though its hard try not to worry....

Rachel Claire is right a babies gag reflux is further forward then ours for safety so its ok if he does that but what you could try is chucky puree...like banana for example don't completely puree it leave it a little chucky so he gets used to having to "chew" a little with Kylehe started trying to chew the thin pureed food so I now add oatmeal to most and he loves that! Other good foods for starting is potatoes banana avocado squash anything that is easy to puree - just don't puree all the way. I have't tried teething biscuits yet but here in the US we have these little "puffs" its basically cereal for infants that melts in your mouth so even if they try gto swallow it it will melt....and surprisingly they are pretty good lol but I started Kyle in those awhile ago and at first had to break them up for him and he coldn't figure out how to pick them up and get it to his mouth (and in lol)but then all of a sudden he's ready for a whole puff and feeding himself!!!! This weekend Kyle ha beef stew some carrots potatoes and just a little meat and he did great.. if I'm not sure I will smoosh the food before putting in his mouth but most things he does pretty good. I know some moms do pasta and things but I'm not comfortable doing anything like that yet....I have done a little cracker but again I break a piece off the break it up and put it in his mouth so he's basically getting like a chewed cracker lol.....

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 am

Thanks ladies for all the tips on weaning - you guys are great!! Claire - I didn't mean not to ask you about weaning stuff - I just asked Krissy cos she'd been talking about Kyle eating - but thanks for all your advice I'm definitely going to try what you've suggested. :)

Krissy - thanks for the tip about the puff things - I noticed some in the supermarket the other day so I think I might give those a go and see how he does.

Well I'm not on for long. Did you get the email about the post on one of our old forums? I assume it's just spam...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:24 am

Rachel I did not get the email...but yes I would assume spam also.....I didn't know if you would have puffs where you are but Kyle loves them eats them everyday and they are great to throw in your purse/diaper bag......I am just getting to the point of being more comfortable giving kyle more bits and bites even with Frankie when he was little - I guess I am a little over cautious with food / feeding but you just have to do what you are comfortable with.......does Eli have any teeth yet?????

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:41 am

I've forgotten my email password, I usually just leave it logged In but it told me the session had expired and I needed to confirm my password.
I went to password reset and it's sent the reset info to an even older email address that I definately don't know the password for!
It's not giving me any other option to reset it with, soo frustrating!
It's almost 4am here so I better try and get some sleep I guess. Woke up a few hrs ago and just couldn't get back to sleep. Getting a little tired now tho, time to try again

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:47 am

I quickly checked the old thread, it from #2 on this side.. Which is odd.. And it's a post by a new user, their only post on 2ww preg boards, and it's a question about acne and pregnancy ..
How bizzare.. Not sure what to make of that one

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 am

Krissy - no teeth yet thankfully! I'm a bit worried about how BF is going to go when he has teeth. He hasn't done it in a few days but he has clamped his gums down before on me when he's frustrated the milk isn't coming fast enough. That would be even worse with teeth I imagine! Sore enough just with the gums :!:

Hope you get your password sorted out Claire.

The message on one of our old threads was something about did we have acne that resolved after pregnancy and it looked like the person had a couple of links on their signature - dodgy!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:00 am

My thoughts exactly rach - re the old thread

I know I said I was going to sleep but I started 2ww stalking people.
Poor Mashinka is still ttc and up to 3 mc's :( she just dropped out of the oct ddc.. Makes me so sad :( she deserves her sticky bean too..

Wonder where our other members have disapeared to? Love chatting to u ladies but I often wonder about those who seem to have dropped out.

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups