The Babymakers #4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #4

Postby h0ping » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:07 am

Rachel - I didn't think Eli had teeth but I couldn't remember - and I can only imagine the pain.... :!:

Claire Hope you got your password sorted out!!! I know what a pain that can be!!!! How are you feeling? How is working going? and lastly - things with DP????

I agree with Claire - I wonder how the other ladies are doing - not that I don't love our little group :D but I think of Mash often and Bella and Emily....That is sad about Mash - I remember awhile ago a post about stopping TTC but I hope she doesn't.....she def. deserves a take home baby though!!!

Well kinda boring day ladies - just counting down time until I can pick up the boys!!! Hope everyone is well

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:12 am

yeah I agree - i'm sorry to hear that about Mash. Hopefully we'll hear some good news from her sooner rather than later.

Someone I know just had a baby boy today. She had a mc then a stillbirth at 26 weeks. There was an abnormality with the baby that should've been picked up at the 20week scan but it wasn't, so I think there's an investigation going on at that hospital. Anyway, I'm happy she's finally got her take-home baby.

Well Eli has decided he's going to cry tonight for mama. Every time I go in and pick him up he stops crying, but as soon as I lie him down in his bed he screams. I know he's tired but he's fighting it tonight! About to go back in to see him again in a few minutes. Wonder how long this will go on for...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Exciting news for your friend Rachel!!!! I hope Eli goes to sleep....Kyle had a night like that a few days ago he was sooo tired yet wouldn't go to sleep....almost done with work yay!!!! Cant wait to see my boys!!!!

Have a good night ladies!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm feeling ok, tired, nauseated, and my cold is back but I'm feeling ok
Otherwise. My bleed last night stayed smaller then the one I went to hospital for so I'm happy about that, keep reminding myself I'm at 9 or 10 weeks now and I've seen the bean with hb 2x so my risk for mc is low and dropping everyday.
It may sound silly but st the scan in hospital bean looked like a boy lol of course I couldn't see anything to actually make it look like a boy but I just felt it looked that way lol

Work has been good, my supervisor is much more caring and understanding then my old supervisor was. She put me onto full time reception duties before I'd even had an ultrasound or hcg levels because she wants me to be safe. My old supervisor got crabby when I had to go onto reception duties at about 20weeks because of low blood pressure. Also when I messaged my supervisor and told her about the bleed and needing the following day off work, not only did she say it was ok, she messaged me the next morning to let me know she was thinking of me and bub, hoped we were both ok and told me to take all the time I needed! Never in a million years would I have gotten anything like that from the old supervisor.
I've only told a few people at work but our workplace is terrible for gossip and I'm pretty sure everyone knows. Still not announcing til after my nt scan at 12 weeks.

Things with DP are pretty good, he's helping out with charley and taking care of me. He still gets distracted out with his friends a lot and still pulls the odd all nighter with them but for the most part he's better. He's not drinking and being silly like that anymore, his nights out are purely to socialize. He's had charley at home a few nights while I've gone out too so it all evens out.
At the moment Charley's really heavy for me to lift so he's doing a lot for us.
He's still afraid of cloth nappies and poop but if he needs to he will change her, usually he puts a disposable on her but I don't keep many in the house so he's used cloth before too.

Rach - hope Eli decided to sleep for you. Charley fusses like that when her belly hurts. As soon as I pick her up she stops, but when she's back down she cries. I pat her on the back, give a bottle of water and wrap a blanket tight round her middle.

Krissy - still can't fix my stupid password so I just keep checking the thread lol
Hope your boring day didn't drag on and you got to get home to spend time with the boys.

Cara- where r u hiding?

Anyway it's breakfast time, charley and my stomach are insisting on that so I best be going. Will check in later :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Claire - that's so nice about your new supervisor checking on you and the bub! What a difference to your old supervisor :wink: As for gossipy workplaces - I hate that - but what can you do? One of the nurses I work with told me that she'd said to the other nurses she thought I was pregnant before I'd announced it - and I didn't even look preggers then!! When I asked her why she thought that, she said I looked pale or something - I hadn't even told anyone I wanted a baby! It was bizarre - maybe she's psychic or something, lol! Anyway, hope things go ok at work with your other colleagues. I'm impressed at DP and the cloth nappies! I don't have a clue about them - we're using disposable but with bin collections only fortnightly now I kinda wish I'd considered cloth - but I can't be bothered changing now... Hope you're feeling ok today and the bleeding has settled down. That's funny about the scan and it looking like a boy. I knew before we had our 20 week scan that we were having a boy - well I just felt from the start that's what we were having - don't ask me why. So does that mean you have an inkling about what you're having?!

Cara - we're missing you! Hope you're having a chance to read our posts if not reply - hope to hear from you soon.

Krissy - any news from you? I gave Eli some of the puff things to eat today and he cried when he'd finished one because he wanted another! I think he's getting better at chewing them after gagging a couple of times to begin with - thanks for the idea.

Well he didn't cry tonight when I put him to bed. I think he was going to - but when I saw him turn his head as I was leaving his room I quickly went back and gave him a big kiss and then he started sucking his thumb again facing the other way - I left the room and no tears!! He was asleep in about 10 mins. I'm one happy mama tonight about that lol! I'm going to have to check the photo spam forum - I haven't looked at it in ages. Hope you girls are all good
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi ladies!! Just read through all the posts.

Claire-so glad everything was good with the scan and I hope the bleeding stops soon. It is so nice to have a warm supervisor who cares about you and checks in to make sure everything is fine. I also knew I was having a boy from the beginning. I definitely wanted a boy but just knew it was a boy. My cousin on the other hand wanted a boy very badly she was so sure she was having a boy but nope shes a girl :) I know it doesn't matter either way, are you planning for more than two? I Orginally wanted 3 but dh only wants one more and with dss that's 3 so I'll settle. I would love a little brother so archer and him could be super close but I also want a little girl to be wrapped around her daddy's finger. I'll be happy either way when the time comes :) glad DP is helping you with everything!!

Rachel-Awww so happy to hear Eli has went down so easily!! And yes I agree about the gag reflex thing. They just have to learn their limit and how far down. I'm sure he looks so cute trying to eat :) I'm going to try weaning when archer is a little older right now I don't think he is ready but I am very excited to let him eat what we eat!

Krissy-hi!!! Love the pictures of Kyle in the photo thread. Has daycare gotten any better? I forgot to mention that Archer takes level 3 nipples and does awesome with them. But of course every baby is different.

I hope Mashinka gets her bfp too soon!!! What about all the girls from the ttc side??? There used to be like 8 of us! Anyway, had a busy couple of days. Had to work ot yesterday blah and then grocery shopping at Walmart! Then today we went to mils to spend some time with her so I could get a better feel of how Saturday will go. I feel much more comfortable now that I watched her in action and let her do everything. So this weekend we are leaving bright and early Saturday morning to go deep sea fishing and I am super excited because I want to catch a huge fish!!! Other than that nothing new to report.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:49 am

Hmm - for some reason I didn't get the alert to tell me Cara had posted :mad: !!

Cara - hope you're enjoying your deep sea fishing (and not worrying too much about Archer).

Claire - hope you're resting up and taking it easy (as much as you can of course with a little one!)

Krissy - you up to much this weekend? (I'm assuming I'll hear back on Monday when you get a chance lol!)

Well I managed to go out for lunch with a friend today which was lovely. DH looked after Eli and did a great job :D We'd been out for a walk with the dog this morning and Eli fell asleep in the car on the way back (it was just before midday). I usually feed him lunch before his nap but he was screaming at being woken up and wouldn't eat anything so had to put him down for a nap. I left thinking DH may have a lot to deal with when he wakes up cos he'll be hungry and grumpy - but I arrived home to a happy bubba who had napped, been fed and changed and was busy playing in his jumperoo. That made me one happy mama (and it was nice to see DH cope so well cos he doesn't usually do all those things!) Had a great lunch and catch-up with my friend which was nice. Hope you gals are good!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:35 am

Hi Rachel! I often don't get alerts either :(. So happy to hear you had a wonderful day with your friend. Sounds like dh did a great job. I still have not left archer with dh yet. I know he would be fine but I haven't had anything special to do without archer. My deep sea fishing trip was horrible!!! I was sea sick the entire time and it was absolutely miserable! Today we were loading up and going to the river and half way there it began to rain :-/ kind of glad though because I need some energy to catch up from yesterday. Going over to my moms shortly to spend some time over there. Hope everyone is having a good day!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi Cara! Oh no - sorry you were feeling sick the whole time on your trip. Don't have anything you want to tell us, do you?! :wink: Hope you have a nice time at your mum's. I'm sitting chilling with DH and a glass of wine :) Eli is in bed sleeping. I think he may be teething a bit. He only napped for 30 mins for his 2 usual naps today but he wasn't fussy (which has happened other days when his naps go haywire). I think I can see little white tips of teeth just under his gum line on the bottom (in 4 places). Anyway, I didn't give him calpol or anything cos he seems fine otherwise, but I just hope he sleeps well tonight. I'm knackered cos last night I was aware he was awake at 3am - then he got back to sleep on his own but I was awake until at least 4am. Then he woke up at 5am - so I only got an hour's sleep after 3am. I ended up turning the volume on the monitor down cos I always wake up if he makes any noise - but I only really got 10 mins sleep after 5am. Hoping tonight will be better - we'll see...

Enough about us - hope everyone else is having a nice weekend.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:46 pm

Lol Rachel nope nothing to tell as of now. Maybe by the end of summer but not planning anything as of yet. Besides I finally got my first pp AF Friday afternoon. Well I think that is what it was, I bled brownish for a couple days but more like spotting. It stopped today though. I got motion sickness so bad I was vommiting pretty much the whole time :( so miserable.
I hope Eli sleeps well tonight for you too. I'm sure he is exhausted of he I my slept an hour today. Archer still has horrible naps. They are never more than an hour but mostly they last 30 minutes. And if he is sleeping anywhere other than his crib he wakes so easily. I hope that if it is teething they will come right in and cause him no grief. I just bought Archer an amber teething necklace from one of the girls in my DDC. They seem awesome and I've read great reviews but they are an old natural remedy to help with teething. Suppose to prevent all of the side effects. Maybe you should look into one...and hey if it doesn't work out at least he has a cute accessory :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:22 am

Hi ladies!

Rachel: Glad Eli liked the puffs!! They are one of Kyle's favorites!! He also gets mad at me if I don't give them fast enough sometimes! But he is that way with food also lol he likes to eat!!!! How is Eli sleeping?? Sounds like DH did great with Eli!!! That's wonderful! Its nice to get out and catch up with friends and have a little time to yourself!!!

Cara: Sorry you weren't feeling well on your trip!!! That's no fun! How did Archer do??? Thanks Cara - I can't believe how big all our babies are getting!! Wow Archer uses level 3 nipples???? Kyle had 1 nipple that was getting old and the hole seemed bigger and he kept crying and whining until I changed it!!! I haven't even bothered trying the medium flows again since that happened! I also have not really left Kyle with DH.....I think he would be fine but part of it is I miss him all week! The last thing I want is to leave him with ANYONE lol!!! Sometimes after I get Kyle in bed and settled I will run to the store if I need to but he's asleep so he doesn't know I'm gone! You got your first AF since Archer?? Another baby may make their way to our group........ :wink: :wink: exciting!

Claire: Sounds like you have a really nice supervisor!! What a difference huh?? How was your weekend?

AFM: Well sad news (kinda) Frankie did NOT make the baseball team :( :( he was pretty upset - he can still play - he will play in the league he played on last year though.......what kinda made me mad was quite a few kids "tried out" - say 30 or so and the took everyone except 3!!!!!!!! WTF????? But what made Frankie feel better was we saw the dad of another player (the dad helped coach last year) and the dad told Frankie he did not even let his son try out for the team - so he will be playing on the same league as last year......so that made Frankie feel a little better - more than likely the 2 will be on the same team again since they try to keep the kids together.....so he's gotta get lots of practice in!!! In other news.......Kyle is.........14 pounds 14 ounces and 25 3/4 inches (approx on the length....)!!!!! My big boy lol!!! We put Kyle's new car seat in the car and he seems to LOVE it!! I'll have to update the pic thread again - he also can ride in the shopping cart now and sits in his stroller like a big boy!! LOL a lot of people commented on him over the weekend at the stores I went to 'cause he looks so tiny in a cart lol!!!! He's getting too big to fast!!!!
Otherwise was a busy yet quite weekend.....yesterday me, Frankie, Kyle and Scout (dog) went for a nice walk - yes it was FINALLY (!!!!) nice!!! Then when we got home my grandma stopped over for a visit and then Kyle and I walked her half way home.......so we spend a good amount of time outside....FINALLY! But now this week its supposed to be rainy then getting cool again :( but summer will be here soon....or I hope!!!
Now the next 4 weekends or so we have something (birthday party - mothers day - etc) going on 1 day each weekend.....I always feel so rushed then.....but we'll see how it goes....

How was everyone's weekend??? Hope everyone is well!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:11 am

Hi everyone :)

I'm soo tired. Hope second trimester brings me some energy.
10 weeks today! :)
I've gotta get my butt into gear and go see my gp for my first prenatal appointment and to get my referral for my 12 week nt scan! Can't wait to see the bean again, still feeling surreal, hoping once I see bean again and start openly telling people it'll feel more real. Plus I need to buy a second cot and a double pram!
Sorted through Charley's clothes and anything that's too small and not unisex is being given away to make more room, but I'm halfway through organizing the stuff that does fit, into draws, so her rooms a pig sty and I've got no energy to finish it.
A friend of mine is going to clean my cat litter trays and ferret cage for me, she's a godsend.
Charley's great, not much new to report with her at the moment, just amazing as ever. :) :)

Anyway I've gotta go feed charley, get her to bed and then dinner and off to bed for me too.

Will do personals when I'm not so tired

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:28 am

Claire: Nice to hear from you! I hope you get some energy too!!!! I was sooooo tired the beginning also when I was pregnant with Kyle but did feel better the further along I got - as far as being tired....glad things are going well :D

AFM: Kyle is starting to get up 2-3 times a night!!!! And wants / needs to eat 8O I am hoping its a growth spurt because he has been eating during the day - its not as if he's too busy to eat during the day then needing to make up for it at night.....but its tiring!!!!!!!! Otherwise another rainy day here :( supposed to rain all week.....but it is MUCH better than the snow!!!!!

Hope everyone is well!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi Krissy!! Glad to hear things are good with you :) good job Kyle!! He is getting so big!!! Good job little man :) I put Archer in the shopping cart when im just doing a few things. But I have to hold his hands because he still can't sit up well yet. We are getting there but he will do it on his own time. In hoping soon because I have a great idea for mothers day but I kind of doubt it. Ah well. Sorry Frankie didn't make the team, that's ridiculous they wouldn't just take all of the kids. Only 3 didn't make it is bull crap. I like the city league teams better anyway. I don't think it was AF starting afterall, just a break through bleed I suppose. Only spotted for a couple hours and it was brown. I don't know. Maybe I should take a pregnancy test just to rule that out 8O. We go to the doctor for Archers 6 months appointment on the 17th! I can't believe he's so old already! I am excited to see what he weighs, this kid is solid! He's a heavy boy he has to be at least 15 lbs by now if not more! He was 12 lbs 4 ozs at 4 months and 24 inches long. Glad the weather finally got nice so you could enjoy some time outside! This week is rainy here too, yuck! Hoping it clears up but it's supposed to be yucky a week and weekend. I wonder what and if Im going to get anything for mothers day. I guess we will see. How's work?

Claire-sorry to hear your so sleepy. I remember going through a couple week of the sleepys. I hated it. I can only imagine with a baby. Can't wait to see pics from your u/s. have u and do discussed names yet? There are several girls that I work with that are pregnant and I am so jealous of them. I loved being pregnant and would do it over and over if I could. Hope you feel better and get more energy soon!

Afm-not anything out of the way going on. Got to see my best friend yesterday so I haven't seen since December! That was great I've missed her! Work has been a pain in my ass and ive been emailing my boss regularly letting Er know about all the bullshit I see going on. I'm ready to go back to school but I have yet to go up to the college to find out all I need to do. I've got to take a lunch break soon and do that! There is an Alice in wonderland play at the college in may 9th that I would love to take my nieces til so I've got to go purchase tickets for that too. But other than that nothing exciting. Have a wonderful week ladies!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu May 02, 2013 4:55 am

Krissy - I hope Kyle's getting up to eat during the night settles down soon...How was last night? Eli's naps have been horrible the past few days - but I think he's teething. He's dribbling a lot more and I think I can see a bit of white below his gums in various places. Poor boy - he's been a bit grumpy too but not all the time and he has still be sleeping ok at night - so I guess it could be worse. He's been napping for less than 2 hours a day - one day I think he only got about an hour and twenty mins in total the whole day! I haven't been on here much because I've been having to entertain him all the time - tiring!

Cara - I meant to ask - what happened with the other job you were thinking of going for? Hope work gets better for you...

Claire - hope you've found some energy - or find some soon!

I have to go as I've a million things to do while he's asleep and I doubt he'll be asleep for long!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups