The Babymakers #4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #4

Postby h0ping » Thu May 02, 2013 6:22 am

Cara: Nice to hear from you :D :test: lol!!! You should....just to be safe.....and of course because we want to know!!! :D :D I can't believe how big all our LO are!! Archer is going to be 6 months!! I have to schedule Kyle's 9 month appointment 8O !!! And as far as Frankie and the baseball team yes I was pissed - I would have felt better if out of 30 kids they didn't take 10 or more......but to take all but 3????? Thats just not right. BUT he feels a little better because we saw a dad of another player (Frankie's age - they are in the same class, etc) and he told Frankie he did not even let his son try out - so he will be playing on the same league as the boys played last year - that is exactly what Frankie needed to hear (its not the same as when mom says something!!!!) so it sounds like he will be playing this year....Well yesterday turned into a really nice day :D and after work I picked up the boys and we got Subway - went home to eat then out for a walk! Kyle feel asleep - was so cute.....I don't know what if anything I will get for mother's day either......hmmmmm......I don't know if we are doing anything that day - we are having dinner at my in-laws on Saturday night - we usually do something on Mother's day but we are trying something different this year....should be nice I just hope its nice weather!!!
I can't wait to see how big Archer is!!!! If he was 12 pounds and 24 inches at 4 months I bet he will be around 14 pounds or so!!!!

Rachel: Sorry Eli isn't sleeping well....Kyle doesn't nap well most days either - some days I get 2 30 minute naps out of him! But then he is dead tired by 530pm or so! but now that it is getting nice out sometimes Kyle will fall asleep while we are walking so I figure if I need to I can head out for a walk and maybe he'll fall asleep! Thankfully Kyle's night waking - for now - has gone back to normal - Monday he ate like crazy at daycare well he ate more than usual I should say - then Monday night he got up twice but now is back to normal so must have been a mini growth spurt lol!

AFM not much else to report.....busy at work and at home - sometimes I feel like I need to remember to breathe!!! But at the same time I like being busy.......

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri May 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Hey everyone,
How are you all?

Krissy - glad Kyle's eating and sleeping has settled down now! As you say - must've been a bit of a growth spurt - gotta love 'em!! Well for some reason Eli wasn't as fussy today and he had 3 really good naps by his standards - 1 and a half hours (OMG - we hardly ever nap that long!), 1 hour at lunch time then another 40 mins late afternoon! That is a record day for naps by our standards! He's now in bed asleep and I have some news - he is officially out of his swaddle - yay!! I took his other arm out a few days ago and he's been sleeping really good at night - long may it continue...

Cara - let us know if you've tested :wink:

Claire - hope you're feeling ok. Give us an update when you can.

AFM - my mum babysat this afternoon and I went to meet a friend for coffee and a look around the shops. It was bliss! We're supposed to be going out for dinner with some friends tomorrow night - we had to postpone this a couple of weeks ago when my mum wasn't well and couldn't babysit - but hopefully tomorrow will be ok. Otherwise DH is off work on Monday for a public holiday and he's out tonight with his brother and some friends for a curry. I'm home with the dog at the moment - baby's asleep upstairs and I'm having a glass of wine in front of the TV (and computer lol!). Hope everyone is good :)
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon May 06, 2013 5:57 am

Hi ladies.....how was everyone's weekend?

It was nice weather here :D :D - we had a busy weekend as usual!!!!!

Rachel: Yay for getting Eli out of his swaddle!!!! How has he been sleeping?? Kyle has been all over the place - but yesterday took a good nap in the morning - about an hour and a half!!!! :D we spent a lot of time outside yesterday and I think Kyle liked it! Sounds like you had a nice time with you friend!! That is wonderful! So nice you have your mom to watch Eli and get much needed time to yourself!!!

Cara..........how are you? How was your weekend???? Test?????????????

Claire: Hope you are feeling well!!!!!

AFM not much to report - busy weekend as always - took Kyle and the pup out for some walks and yesterday Frankie had baseball practice so we were outside a lot....got a few things done at home but never as much as I want! But thats ok - I couldn't give up time with Kyle and Frankie when he's home lol! He went with grandpa most of the day Saturday so I didn't see him much but he had a good time! They drove to a town about an hour away and had a little picinic and went bike riding on some trails there.......Nothing much this week...just work and hopefully nice weather so walks and time outside after work! :D

Hope everyone is well and has time to chat soon!!!!!!!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Wow have we ever been dead! Hope everyone is doing well!! Archer is officially teething and has been a miserable little booger since Saturday! I see the tooth ready to break through and I'm ready for it to come on out because jeez this kid is killing me! He is super cranky and screams everytime he eats. He will not go to be easily anymore and I find myself going in several times to rock, pat, cuddle, and back down. Two nights ago dh got so tired of getting up and down so he put him in the bed with us! Oh man that was ruff, no one slept well that night. Anyway, just on while archer is nursing hopefully he won't get too cranky. Think I've decided to stay home and become dhs legal assistant that way we can bring in business and I can stay home with archer. I just miss being with my boy all day and this is the only good solutiOn. My boss will not be happy, as a matter of fact, she asks me just about everyday if I'm leaving. I just haven't told her honestly yet :( I feel so guilty. I'm planning on quitting in August and helping out throughout the summer so I can save a little money for disneyworld in November :) Archer will be 6 months old ob mothers day! Crazy how fast everything is going. He is already trying to crawl, doing the army crawl thing, but sill will not sit up! Ugh I'm so ready to get rid of the dang carseat fr a convertible but I can't until he is sitting! We go to the dr next Friday so I will get an update on his weight and such. I did test and it was a big negative thank goodness, I'm not yet ready for that. Probably after inset we will try again :) I want to be able to ride the rides with my nieces. That's about all for me. Just had to replace $700 worth of stuff on my car-yikes. So now we are going to pick it up, go eat Chinese, and get some ice cream :)

Krissy-glad your getting out and about and that Kyle loves it as much as you! I'm excited for football season to start, dss plays so I have to get arch a shirt made for his bro :) I love sports!! Yay Frankie.

Rachel-how are you? Was your weekend wonderful?

Claire-how's pregnancy treating you?
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Thu May 09, 2013 5:03 am

Heya I'm still here :)
Just exhausted of an evening, which is usually my posting time.
I start work late tomorrow tho so I'll try to post more then.
I also got locked out of my emails, again lol n only just got in contact with someone to help me reset my password. All good now :)

Does anyone here remember a user called 'Tiffy1082' from July ddc last year?
She has a daughter by the name of shaelyn who had to have a heart transplant. I know none of us were in that ddc but I lurked in other boards a bit and followed Shaelyns journey.
Tiffy aka Sherry-Lynn pm'd me recently to try and get in touch with other ladies who supported her and sent prayers and well wishes during Shaelyn's difficult first few weeks. I have her contact details and link to her blog if anyone here remembers her, or still has contact with others who might.
Little shaelyn is doing fantastically with her new heart and her mumma just thought itd b nice to keep people posted on her progress :)
I invited her to join us here too if she would like too, so we may have another lady in the group :)

Anyway I'm falling asleep so I'm going to get some sleep and I'll pop back in the morning :)
Almost out of this first trimester :) hope I get my energy back soon

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Thu May 09, 2013 7:22 am

Hi ladies!!! YAY chatter!!! LOL I have been checking but didn't want to talk to myself...........

Cara: Sounds like you will have a nice arrangement staying home!!!!!!! I wish I could - I miss my boys!!!!!! So is DH a lawyer????? When do you plan on talking with your boss???? Poor Archer teething! Its horrible!

Claire: Glad you are still hanging in there!!! Have you set up appointments for the bubs???? How is Charley? Yes yes I remember Sherry Lynn and Shaelyn - I followed her updates and posted to her!!!! I would love to know how she is doing - I had even read some of her posts/updates to DH....Would be nice if she wanted to join :D

Rachel: How are you? Eli? I hope he (and you!!!) are getting some sleep!

AFM: Its been nice weather (FINALLY!) the last few days - but this weekend is supposed to be cold :( Every day wishing I could stay home more with my little peanut - he has started crying when I leave now :( :( :( breaks my heart.....but I don't have the option to be home and no option to work part time at my current job and afraid if I found a new job (part time) I would not get the flexability/understanding I have now when one of the boys is sick or has an appointment or something at school etc.....not to mention I love my boss to pieces but if I did leave and found something part time and something came up while I was supposed to be working I fear after once or twice I would then lose the job (with so many people unemployed there are always more people standing in line) so I am really stuck on what to do......

Anyway...thats it for my mini vent.......

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri May 10, 2013 1:09 am

Ugh - I've replied twice now and lost both posts cos of my stupid computer :mad: The internet keeps playing up for some reason. driving me mad!

I've been reading all your posts though!

Krissy - hope Kyle's crying when you leave settles down soon. I think it's just a stage they go through? (hopefully!) Eli is sleeping ok but waking at 4am every morning now - I think because he's teething. But then teething gel and paracetamol haven't really helped. He fell asleep again this morning after a milk feed and I just let him sleep because he was so tired (I'd never usually do that because I don't want him to depend on milk to get back to sleep -but hey, maybe a day or two won't hurt...)

Claire - I don't remember the other girl you mentioned but I'm happy to have more ladies on here to chat :)

Cara - I feel your pain with the teething at the moment! Eli has been screaming the place down at lunch time for the past few days. The only way he'll settle is watching cartoons whilst being fed his lunch! Not ideal but it's really the only thing that'll stop the crying. He's having trouble with his naps because of his teething so he's also crying because he's tired. If you discover any great solutions for teething let me know!! I'm thinking of trying a new teething gel that's homeopathic and gets good reviews. Who knows...

Well ladies, I'm knackered cos I've been awake from 430am - so going to grab a cup of tea (how British lol!) before the boy wakes up again.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri May 10, 2013 1:25 am

Hey all I had my routine prenatal appt today, got the flu shot n had breast check, BP check etc and booked my ultrasound for tues next week :)
MIL worked out I'm pregers and seems ok about it.. Well she did today at least
Was planning on posting more this morning but charley slept in so I made the most of it n slept in too :)

I'll post the link to sherry lyns blog tomorrow when I've got more time, I also popped into the lucky charm mummas thread to see if they remember her and left an invite for anyone there to join us too! Emily was part of that group too, hoping she pops In here!

Gtg Charley's tired hungry and grumpy

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri May 10, 2013 7:21 am

Hey Claire - glad MIL was okay about your pregnancy. Good luck with the ultrasound. Glad everything else checked out ok. I've to see my inlaws tomorrow :( They're STILL going on about BF and solids :roll: They've nothing better in their lives to think about - very sad, but I don't have much patience with them!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Fri May 10, 2013 7:40 am

Hi ladies!! :hi:

Claire: Glad you are still doing well! Yay for doctor appointment and scheduling u/s!!!!!!!!! I miss Emily and Bella also.....I am sure they are busy but I miss hearing about how they are and how lo's are!!

Rachel: Hi!!! I hate that when you lose your posts!!! :mad: It has happened to me before! I hope Eli started sleeping better soon!

Kyle is still crying when I leave him :( its very sad.....but he is SOOO excited when I pick him up! But I still wish everyday that I could spend more time with him! Other than that a busy weekend ahead as usual!!

What is everyone doing for Mother's Day????

Hope everyone is well and hope for some more chatter soon!!!!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri May 10, 2013 9:55 am

Hi. When is your mother's day? Ours was a couple of months ago. DH, Eli and I went out for lunch - that was about it. Oh and I had to endure a lunch with MIL the day before - because everything is always about her, of course! :roll: Didn't see my own mum but that wasn't a big deal to her - she realised it was my first mother's day - enough said!

What are your plans Krissy?!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Fri May 10, 2013 11:03 am

Rachel: That is right!!! I remember your post now!! Sorry - I forget that your holidays are different then ours :D mother's day here is Sunday - Saturday Frankie has baseball practice at 9am (if it is not raining!!!) then he is going with my dad until probably 3-330pm - I have my niece's dance recital (she is 4 - should be cute!!!) and then we are having dinner at IL's house for "mothers day" - so it will be us 4 - MIL & FIL - SIL & her husband & 2 kids - other SIL - and niece and her DH & little one...I HOPE the weather is nice!!! We wanted to cook out but it is looking to be cloudy and cool and possible rain!!!!!! :mad: Sunday I don't know yet - talked to DH about it a little bit but nothing really set up - Kyle made me something at daycare (so cute!!) and Frankie will probably want to go get me a little card and something small for a gift but I guess I am "hard to buy for" since there isn't anything I ever really want lol but I'm ok with that!!! For my birthday I got a new pillow lol!!!!

So that's my somewhat crazy weekend!! Everyone else?????

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri May 10, 2013 6:21 pm

All I want for mothers day (Sunday here too) is to spend nice day with charley and DP. I don't have energy or money for much else anyway. The 12week scan I'm having on Tuesday is $20 but the blood test that goes with it is about $150!
So that's my mothers day fund gone lol
Would have been nice to go out for lunch and I've been eyeing off a necklace with a 'mum' charm but the most important thing to me is some family time :)

Charley slept in this morning so I did too, but I've still woken up in a bad mood :(
When I snap out of it I'll be doing housework but at the moment I'm lying in bed sulking lol I don't even know what my problem is lol I'm just in a bad mood.. And my arm hurts after my flu shot yesterday :(

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby carak21 » Sat May 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Wow sorry I am so behind!!

Krissy-I understand about how you feel leaving your job. That's why I was so worried about finding another job because I have it so good where I am at. I can take off whenever. My hours are nice and I'm off by at least 330 everyday but working for dh will be even better and I'm so glad I am able to do that now. Yes dh is a Lawyer so I would be dealing with all the legal paperwork. Yuck I know but will most likely be worth it in the end. I'm do sorry to hear Kyle has started crying when you drop him off. That's so sad and would break my heart too! I hope it is just a phase and he gets through it quickly. How did practice go? Did it rain? It was supposed to rain today and the day started off overcast but then it ended up being beautiful. Sounds like you will have a lovely mothers day. I love spending time with family. It's Saturday night and I'm am putting the baby to bed, we will probably grab some pizza and a redbox tonight and then go out to eat tomorrow night. I'm thinking red
Lobster or olive garden :-/ I can't decide. We will probably end up going on the river tomorrow so that will be nice. Anyway, I hope you've had a wonderful weekend so far.

Rachel-so sorry Eli has been waking up so early :( that's tough. Archer woke up around 615 and I went to get him around 630. Then he wouldn't go back to sleep so I'm still tired too. I tried to take a nap with him earlier but it didn't last long. I tried using the hylands teething tablets and it has helped him go to sleep at night. Really the only time they seem to bother him is eating and sleeping. But once he is asleep he has been fine except for that one night. Eating has been a different story. He just fights and fights to eat and pulls off and cries and it's horrible :(. I'm still waiting on my amber necklace so I will let you know how I like it and if I feel like it really works. Sorry you have to be around the In laws. You would think after 7 months they would understand your his mother and will decide what is best for him! I hope you still let then know how you feel. How long will you be breastfeeding? I know in the beginning I said 6 months but Archer is 6 months tomorrow and I am far from ready as is he. So we will definitely be going a year and then I will probably still do night feeds...I think mainly for my own benefit :) I enjoy breastfeeding my baby even through the struggles!

Claire-sorry to hear how sleepy you are!! Not much longer in the first tri. Glad mil was fine and didn't give you a hard time with ring prego. Is DP still doing well? Why dont you have any programs to help pay for your appointments and testing? That's crazy that you get so much time for maternity leave but yet they won't help pay for you prenatal care! Here we have different insurance agencies based on income that will help with prenatal care. Our insurance company is high :( so out copays and deductibles are kind of ridiculous but that's because dh is an attorney. Blah. Anyway, I hope you get lists of rest and family time tomorrow!!! The best day ever for it if I must say :) our first mothers day :)

Afm-I pretty much told my plans in my personal posts. I made footprint butterflies for my mom and mil as gifts, a photo card, a chocolate rose, and a massage thing. I'm still curious is dh got me anything. He's mentioned mothers day a few times already but I just don't know. Today I spent the day with my nieces, we went to the toy store and browsed around for hours! But we did have a great time :) then we left and went and got the girls some ice cream while I fed Archer and we went back home. Archer has had the sniffles for the past two days and HATES when I clean his nose with the saline drops but it's the only thing that is working! I can't wait until his doctors appointment on Friday :) im going to mention his allergy mess and see what he says and also I'm wanting to give him some baby yogurt. I bought some today but am scared to try it without peds permission. Anyway, hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Sat May 11, 2013 7:48 pm

Those prices are discounted! When I was preg with charley I wasn't entitled to discount services so the same ultrasound cost me over 200 then the blood work was about the same as it is with the discount..
I think I get some money back on the blood test but unsure how much. And it still doesn't help much at the time :(

I'm just relaxing in bed watching tv at the moment, trying to get dp to wake up and charley to nap lol she should b asleep at the moment but my dad came over to wish me a happy mothers day and heard her make one wingy noise do he went in to her room and got her all stirred up! I could see she was still tired tho so as soon as he left I gave her a bottle and put her back down, listening to her talk to herself on the monitor now fx she goes back to sleep, I don't want a cranky baby for mothers day lol

I've cleaned the kitchen and dining room this morning, doesn't sound like a nice way to start mothers day but it'd been bugging me so it feels great to know its done :)

Think I'll reward myself with a little nap :) then its time to wake DP and go out to a park or something with charley :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups