The Babymakers #4

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #4

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 am

Hi. I'm still away on holiday so will post more when home - phone reception not great!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Krissy-I did cut out caffeine completely and that's where I was seeing a big issue. I tried dairy but he was fine either way, plus I need my dairy to keep some meat on my bones. Today was a really good day for Archer. He was happy all day long and hasn't fussed for my mon or myself. I'm still keeping the appointment though because as soon as I cancel he'll be back to the same crying ways. Ever since he starte getting a bottle he started spitting up more too :-/. He never spit up before. So I bought new bottles and he didn't spur up when using them today!! Yay :) so maybe just maybe he is actually growing out of it or feeling better or something. What kind of bottles do you use? I'm also very excited to see how much he weighs. He was 10 lbs 0.4 ounces at his last appointment at 2 months so hopefully he's gained another 2 lbs :)

Rachel-enjoy your holiday/vacation ;)

Just getting ready for bed. I'm pooped.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Wrote a long post n lost it :(
Not cool. Will try again next time I get a chance. Things with DP have not been good, do my spare time has been spent trying to sort things out.
Will pop back to vent next chance I get.
Still read your posts often. Miss being able to chat.

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 am

Good Morning ladies!!!

Claire: Sorry about losing the long post - has happened to me lots of times.....sucks!!! Sorry about you and DP...we are here for you when you are ready/need to talk/vent...hope all is ok....I still can not believe Charley is 6 months!

Rachel: Can't wait to hear about your trip (holiday) hope you are enjoying yourself!!

Cara: Can't wait to hear about Archer's doctor appointment.......and how much he weighs :D he looks so big in pictures....but I think they all do - I have a few of Kyle that he looks like a chubby babe!!!! Did I tell you he was 12 pounds 13 ounces on Friday Feb. 1st (so just before turning 5 months old) Archer is 3 months old today!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow.....time goes so fast.....glad cutting the caffeine seemed to have helped Archer. I don't drink much so I that doesn't seem to bother Kyle....cutting out dairy has been hard and now I find myself eating more bread and things which is not good for the body..... :( don't think I am gaining any weight but just don't think I look good...its not fun :( but I really don't miss dairy - just harder to find things to eat....anyway (having a few "I feel really fat days......" DH just LOVES that!!!) Glad Archer had a good day with your mom!!! How is he eating now during the day?? Kyle uses Playtex Vent Air bottles (they have "skinny" or "wide" - we use the skinny) first bottle we tried and he did great so figured why mess with it - and even though they are "skinny" he was able to switch from bottle to breast no problems at all...As far as the spitting up it could be the bottles or it could be that he is growing out of it but if its getting better who cares right!?
Well Kyle is still not wanting to eat much at daycare - and yesterday slept 5 hours while there!!!!!!!! I said I think he needs a day or two of catch up after the weekend because he doesn't nap much at all most weekends - I did get an hour and a half out of him Saturday - he feel asleep in the car on the way to babysit my neice & nephew and I left him in his car seat and he slept for an hour and a half!!! And he was right on the kitchen table with the kids running around and playing like crazy.....but I was glad he napped....so its like he goes to daycare Monday to catch up....we'll see how he eats today - he seemed "off" this morning - was smiling and that but just didn't seem his usual self....I don't know - and today is not a day I can get out of work early :(

Well anyway. Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Cara stalking for an archer update.....hope you got some answers/help at the doctor.........

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Sorry I wasn't able to update yesterday. Archers appointment went well. He did not get weighed so I don't know about that but the dr thinks he may have reflux and prescribed us Zantac. I'm not ready to try any meds and I thi j that may be a cure all for some people but ever since I made the appointment on Friday, everyday has been good and there are hardly any fussy times throughout the day for me or my mon. So maybe 3 months was the magic age :-/. I went ahead and picked up the prescription just in case but me and dh want to wait it out and see first. So all in all a pretty useless appointment but we got to see our favorite dr :) love my pedi he's just so good with the babies. And in the office Archer was just smiling and laughing at him like he was his best friend lol.
How was Kyles day today?
Valentines day tomorrow So it will be a busy day. Made some cards for the family and bought dh a coin counter. I want him to take me to the melting pot so bad and we will go soon if I can help it :D. Any plans Krissy?
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:46 am

Hi ladies - I'm home :) We had an amazing time away - Eli was SO good - he slept really well in his travel cot - no different to usual really, except for the first night when he started rolling over onto his face and he wasn't able to roll back! I had a shocking night's sleep that night because I kept having to get up to roll him back over onto his back - and of course I couldn't sleep because I was worried he'd smother himself! But the next day I put a rolled-up towel under his sheet next to him to stop him rolling and we also had to make an emergency shopping trip to get a bigger sleeping bag for him that would tuck into the end of his travel cot mattress - then he was sorted! Oh we had such a nice time - we were staying in a small hotel that only has 10 rooms - we've stayed there quite a few times before. It's dog friendly so our dog came with us and we had a proper family trip :D Also our room was only along the corridor from the restaurant so we put Eli to sleep in his cot with the video monitor on and off we went to have dinner and a drink in the bar - I cannot tell you how good this felt to do again! Also our friends were staying there the first night too so we all had dinner together and then a late breakfast the following day before they checked out. I really did not want to come home again 8O

How's everyone else?

Cara - I'm so pleased that Archer is much happier now - hopefully you won't need the medication but then it's good to have just in case.

Krissy - how's Kyle doing with the eating/daycare/sleeping situation?!

Claire - sorry to hear that things haven't been so good with DP. Do update us when you can - we're all here to listen if that helps you any - but I understand you have your hands full with work and Charley.

AFM - I moved Eli to his own room last night and he did okay in there (I'm also sleeping in there and plan to do so until he's 6 months). It felt kind of sad moving him out of our room but today I'm over it - on with the new!

Sorry to talk so much about myself - I just cannot believe we managed a little holiday/vacation! :wink:
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:29 am

Rachel: AWWWW :D so sweet what a nice trip!!!! Sounds great!!!! And so great you also had some friends there also and some great family time!! Wow - sounds so great!!! Glad Eli did well what a good sleeper!!! So he is in his own room now??? And you will sleep in there for a little also??? Don't worry about talking about yourself!! We love to hear it!!! Was the trip for any special reason??? I am glad you had a nice time!!!

Cara: That's too bad they didn't weigh little Archer!!! ........glad he is feeling better - I have been thinking about him/you and I was wondering - did you notice him being less fussy/ and less spitty (spitting up) after you switched bottles???? I have been thinking about this and wonder if he was fussing and spitting up because of the bottles (maybe getting too much air while drinking or something) that will cause MAJOR fussing......just a thought. I agree about the medication - if he seems better I would hold off but I do the same thing - still pick it up to have on hand just in case.......anyway just my thoughts (usually at 2am lol!!!!!)

Sorry - will come back to finish lol!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:34 am

Sorry ladies - at work - had to work lol!!!

Cara: Did you make it to the melting pot??? No plans for us - tomorrow is DH birthday :D and we talked about doing something but didn't really wanna have to find a babysitter (and no one has watched Kyle except for daycare of course) so I will probably order dinner tomorrow for us and Frankie and we'll eat at home.....same thing when it was our anniversary - DH asked if I wanted to do something but I just really don't wanna leave Kyle.....so no - nothing special - tonight will just be the usual then probably special dinner at home for Valentine's Day/DH birthday.....

But my dad just brought me some flowers :D so sweet!!!!

I will post a pic soon - but Kyle has a cute little "my first valentine's day" shirt on - brought him to daycare this morning and 2 of the little girls were arriving while I was there and they both had little v-day outfits on :D so cute - I think the ladies in the room were going to try and take a pic of all of them together with their little outfits on - if they do I will post that pic also :D

Not much to report here - no tooth for Kyle yet....... :x :? wish it would just come out!!!!!!! I keep saying if he doesn't get one soon I might have to be commited to the nut house lol!!! He is still chewing like crazy and seems to hurt esp at night :(

Still working on the sleeping / eating at night - but with the eating he has now been eating even less during the day at daycare :( so I am not really pushing that - last night he ate twice 4 ounces each time (I am only making him 4 ounces bottles so he doesn't get anymore but he took all 4 both times) if he just gets up to eat it doesn't bother me (as long as he is sleeping otherwise) - it would be nice if it was only 1xnight but 2x isn't too bad either right now......I just don't want to push too much since he is hardly taking anything as it is (the other day was only 19 ounces for 24 hours with a night time feed!!!) I am sure his teeth are causing some of the problem but still I just don't want to mess with too much right now.....and like I said I don't really mind him eating at night as long as I can get him sleeping better otherwise.......

Sorry to go on and on hope everyone is well

P.S. it is snowing like CRAZY here!!!! I am so sick of winter!!!!!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 am

Oh.....Cara keep forgetting to answer your question - no Kyle can not sit up 100% *yet* - in that pic you saw he was in the corner of the couch - he can sit sometimes for a few seconds and is good at sitting like in his high chair (which is still leaned back slightly) and the corner of the couch - unless he's being lazy and flops forward lol!! But should happen soon!!!! He's getting too big......

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Hello ladies!!

Claire sorry to hear things aren't going well! You do what you have to do for you and charley, we're here whenever your ready!

Rachel-so glad you had a great time! Is t it. I've when the kids behave themselves, especially if you are stressing about it. I think Archer would be able to sleep anywhere as he loves to sleep at night! When he is fussy I can just put him to bed and he will stop fussing and go right to sleep. Was it a bed and breakfast you went to? I love going off and stayIng somewhere for a change! Ramble all you want we love to hear it and I love the chatter.

Krissy-I think Kyle just not be a big eater. No we haven't went to the melting pot yet because this weekend they will be booked next weeken we have dss so we will go the following weekend. I did get a dozen roses today at work though :). I'm sure it won't be long until Kyle is sitting up! I'm ready for Archer to be sitting up, that's the only way he likes to be. How sweet of your dad!! Yes, changing bottles helped drastically. We are now using the avent bottles! He loves them! I did go ahead and fill the prescription just in case.
That's crazy he only ate 2 4 oz bottle in 10 hours! Archer eats 3 4 oz bottles with my mom and then nurses with me 4 times. So I'm not sure how much he gets all day, but definitely 12 ounces in 8 hours. Also maybe Kyke isn't teething. Archer has been super drooly lately an eating his fists like crazy, so I asked the doctor an he said they got through a oral stage from 3-6 months then the teething begins. So maybe he just likes the oral stimulation.

Afm-good day with my class. Super busy as it was our valentines day party! My mom said Archer was very sleepy today and that's all he did so tonight may be a bit ruff but I'm hoping not! I sure am glad tomorrow is Friday, I miss my baby ;)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:33 pm

Cara - Kyle is not a big eater.....the most he ever drank at daycare was 14 ounces and that was once.....usually it's 7-12 ounces. Lately its been 7-8 and eats a 3rd 4 ounce bottle if I get there after about 415pm - so some days he is eating when I get there and then he usually won't finish when he sees mama!!! And when I picked him up early the other day for therapy he had only taken 8 ounces.....then 2 of the other days he was eating when I got there.......when he's with me all day he's back and forth...but as long as he is growing I'm happy!!!!!!!!!! How did Archer do last night???

Not much to report here....just trying to keep the board chatty.....didn't work all day today and got to bring Kyle to work with me :D was nice - and he actually took 2 decent naps today!!! I was surprised I usually have a hard time getting him to nap when he's with me but today he did pretty good in the morning but not much sleep after 12noon.....

Kyle will go for his 6 month check up March 1st (6 months 8O ) and he will get his IV the same day (that's usual)...............

I will post some pics on the picture thread this weekend got quite a few good ones!!!

Hope everyone is doing well

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:01 am

Hi,
I haven't been on here much as DH has been off work all week and we've been out and about - but I'll try to remember to reply to any questions...

Cara - it was a country house hotel we stayed in earlier this week - so not just a B & B because they do lunch and evening meals too - it was fab - I really can't wait now until we go back! It was the place we went to stay to celebrate my 30th birthday and we also stayed there for my dad's 60th. It's lovely to find a place that's really good - we'd be happy going there for many years to come!

Krissy - the weekend away wasn't really for anything special this time - just DH was desperate to get away somewhere on his annual leave. We're really desperate to go back to Amsterdam again - that's our usual trip away as we love it, and also where I found out I was pregnant - but I'm not sure when Eli will be old enough to go there - it'll be tricky in the evenings if he needs to be in bed...so lots we have to think about. It's nice to hear a bit of chatter - even if it's not about terribly much! Wow, I cannot believe Kyle will be 6 months so soon 8O Wow! I've been meaning to ask you how you started him on solids - i.e. what did you give him first and how did he do? I gave Eli a little taste of apple puree this morning and his face was hilarious - he kept screwing it up and didn't really eat very much - I doubt if he even had a quarter of a teaspoon! I'm going to try again tomorrow too - just to let him start tasting things - but I think I'll stick to fruit and veg for the next few weeks before trying anything else. But I'm open to suggestions!

Apart from Eli trying a little bit of apple today I've not too much to tell you. Oh, except we went out yesterday and DH got me an eternity ring (partly for Valentine's day but mostly because of Eli). It's lovely but I don't get it for a couple of weeks yet because it needs sized and engraved. So that's something to look forward to. Anyway, hope everyone is good and enjoying the weekend. I'd love to hear some updates.

Oh, I nearly forgot - Eli has been waking up at 5am the last 3 nights (previously he'd go until 6, although some nights he'd wake up early). I'm not sure what's causing the early waking but I think it might be teething - I unswaddled his right arm this morning and he immediately started sucking his hand - and did eventually get back to sleep again, but the 2 previous nights he wasn't able to get back to sleep. Hmmm - I wish they could just tell us what's wrong!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi ladies - just updated the spam thread!!! All current now :D last 2 pics posted were from yesterday.....

Rachel: I wondered why you weren't as chatty but we understand!!! Great that you and DH got/are getting time together!!!! As far as solids - I started Kyle a little early (before 4 months) but really only because we were having problems with reflux/spitting up a lot - the dr wanted me to put cereal in the bottle which I did not want to do....so I waited a little while then started with cereal (oatmeal) on a spoon.....I then went with fruits - bananas and pears I think were 2 of the first......apples was also right in the beginning. At first they never take much (quarter teaspoon or so is normal!!!) A lot of people debate fruits or veggies first and a lot will say "oh fruit first gives them a sweet tooth...etc" but BM is naturally sweet so BF babies esp. already have a "sweet" tooth......Kyle took to squash and sweet potatoes right away though......But any way - it took a week or so to get more than a few bites in him but the biggest thing is to just keep offering it to him and follow his lead and soon he'll get the hang of it. They say to wait at least 3 days inbetween new foods - again this is debatable - I do that with some foods but not all - my dad is VERY allergic to sweet potatoes and squash and carrots so I waited 4-5 days with those (you just only offer 1 new food every few days) with some of the fruit I didn't worry too much and the next day offered something else - its up to you on that and your comfort level - for me I worry most about the ones my dad is allergic to (just in case of course) and then the high allergy foods I will be careful with - strawberries, nuts, eggs....me and DH don't have any food allergies so that's why I wasn't too worried.......how exciting for you and Eli though!!!! It's really a fun stage when they get into it - Kyle is just so funny making all kinds of noises and such when I feed him!! And he gets so excited sometimes he shakes!!! Then I love when they are learning to pick up food and feed themselves...oh so fun!!!!

Not much to report here - babysat my nephew today (he will be 2 in May) so busy day - he was here from 8am-3pm....tomorrow birthday party for my other nephew (will be 7 at the end of the month) and my niece (turned 4 yesterday) and just spending time with my boys!!!

Hope everyone is well and having a nice weekend!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks Krissy - that's a big help.

Well Eli's sleep has been worse the last few days with early waking but last night he was awake from 0350 and unable to get back to sleep which isnt like him. I think it is teething because he is also struggling to nap in the afternoons and yesterday fell asleep for 10 mins with his fingers in his mouth! I gave him paracetamol at 4am but it didnt seem to help much
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups