December 2013 due date buddy group!!

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: December 2013 due date buddy group!!

Postby Katie95 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:54 am

I actually have a very high pain tolerance and I am pretty confident that I will be fine with labour. I am definitely anticipating that it will be the worst pain in my life but I have also been through some pretty big surgeries so I feel like that can help me.

I had my jaw broken in 3 places and a bone graft from my hip done when I was 16, the pain was bad enough that they had me in the ICU for the entire first day and then I was provided my own morphine pump after that. I was allowed 26 pumps a day and typically I used around 5.

I think the only reason my MIL bothers me is because she gets this smirk on her face like it's funny. I don't think it's funny that someone has to go through that much pain, and definitely don't think it's something that you should make fun of! I do however, think it will be worth it and I plan on having many kids!

My mom had all 4 of us naturally so I figure if she can do it I can! That beign said, if it comes down to it and I'm in that much pain I have no shame asking for an epidural!

Thanks for the comparison, I actually got really bad food poisioning in Cuba once and was the sickest I have ever been so at least I have a benchmark for the early stages!
Me- 27
DH- 32
Baby #1 Due December 2, 2013

Katie95

Postby OCT.4me » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:48 am

I think that is the key, NATURAL labor...when they give you pitocin (auto correct:() and control how close your contractions are....they are creating an unbearable amount of pain...I was induced with all three and it isnt ideal. The dr kept saying lets try to have a baby by noon, what the heck...why would they rush it....
Last edited by OCT.4me on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lunasmommy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Yeah it seems like as little intervention as possible when it comes to timing would be best. I know there are one-off cases but I think the body knows exactly what to do. I plan on having an epidural and vaginal delivery (God willing) but I want to avoid being induced and other drugs along those lines if possible.

Me- 23
DH- 24
Started TTC Oct 2012
BFP 3/28/13 w/ EDD 12/3/13! IT'S A GIRL! **Abigail Ren**
lunasmommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Katie95 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:03 pm

I've heard that being induced increases the pain level quite significantly!

At this point I'm hoping for a natural drug free vaginal delivery... we will see! Like I said before if the time comes and I want an epidural I don't feel I have to prove anything to anyone!

My mom was 3 weeks late with the first 3 of us and I know they don't let you go that long anymore so I am crossing my fingers my baby comes on time or close to so that I don't have to be induced!
Me- 27
DH- 32

Katie95

Postby OCT.4me » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:28 am

Watching baby story can drive you slightly batty, like ug I have so long to wait for that moment!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lunasmommy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:32 am

I know!! I record them all on dvr (ha, hubby always says how psycho that is) and I watch them when he's not home. I cry every single time the baby is born, and especially more so now that I'm pregnant.

Me- 23
DH- 24
Started TTC Oct 2012
lunasmommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Katie95 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:13 am

I used to watch that show all the time but haven't recently. I maybe should start recording them! haha... we can be crazy together!
Me- 27
DH- 32

Katie95

Postby lunasmommy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:16 am

Yeah! I've gotten to the point where I see the last name of the family on the dvr (episode called baby Smith, for example) and I know I've seen it and it gets deleted. Lol it's sick!

Me- 23
DH- 24
Started TTC Oct 2012
lunasmommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby OCT.4me » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:52 am

BUT funny lunasmommy; I love to watch didnt know I was pregnant, and maternity ward; when the women are showing intense pain my body tenses as I recognize what they are going through, when the babies are born and the cry doesnt happen terror comes over me; when the women cry that have to have a c-section, I understand all too well the frustration of not having things go your way.

But I also have another bad habit and that is watching memorials on You Tube, I cry so much I cry so hard, so why do I do it? I don't know. I suppose I have the same question in my mind all the time, WHY? I mean when I watch a video on SIDS I am suddenly feeling proud of myself that until my children are a year old, I don't let them out of my sight....I check on them several times a night, and when I watch shows on still borns I talk to God and tell him, you better take me if my baby dies, I have no desire to live through such a moment, but those children so close to delivery and life is taken from them due to the cord, or swallowing large amounts of poop....I just have to ask WHY!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby OCT.4me » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:53 am

have you girls looked into labor gowns? I really like them, haven't gotten one yet.

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lunasmommy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:33 am

I know what you mean... there's so much sadness that if you focus on it too much, it's overwhelming.

I was going to look into delivery gowns! If you find a good site, please share :)

Me- 23
DH- 24
Started TTC Oct 2012
lunasmommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Katie95 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Well I hadn't looked in to it until now! I'm definitely going to get one!

Ok I have a totally naive question... usually they put the baby on your stomach/chest right away when it is still covered in stuff, so then would you change after into this? Or is that why it opens so that the stuff isn't on the gown?
Me- 27
DH- 32

Katie95

Postby lunasmommy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 pm

They usually put a blanket on your chest if I'm not mistaken and I would imagine you can wash the gown after?? Not really sure.

Oh and I went to the doctor last night and he thinks I'm actually 5w4d today so he changed my EDD to Dec 2. First ultrasound next week or week after, depending on blood levels that come back early next week. Can't wait to see the little bean sprout!

Me- 23
DH- 24
Started TTC Oct 2012
lunasmommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Katie95 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:17 pm

That's exciting!! Moved up a few days! I could handle that!
Me- 27
DH- 32

Katie95

Postby OCT.4me » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:34 am

Well the labor gown; has two great pluses. First being that the back goes super low, so room for the epidural or spinal block, but covers your butt..so since I am a fan for modesty even something is better then nothing; I would say that is a huge benefit, and the second it that it opens in the front so easy for nursing, checks during labor; and as asked yes even keep the blood from getting on it, and I would also add they are short so it wouldn't get into any fluids down below during delivery.

They are supposed to be thrown out, but I know some have washed them if nothing was really messed up on them. The price is anywhere from 25 to 45 dollars...and yes the cuter they are the more pricey they are.

When the baby is born it is wrapped up then place on you, and then the towels around it are used to start cleaning it off while the baby is on top of you...no blood ever got on me, except if the hair has blood in it that part would touch your skin....they leave the baby on for a min. before whisking the baby away for vital checks, and a better cleaning. I never was in a rush to hold the baby as I was super exhausted with my pregnancies, so I let them take their time but most the time they would rush through it all to get the baby back to you.

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups