The Babymakers #5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

The Babymakers #5

Postby h0ping » Mon May 13, 2013 8:46 am

Thread #5 ladies!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Re: The Babymakers #5

Postby h0ping » Mon May 13, 2013 8:56 am

Good morning ladies!!! Hope everyone finds us here!!!!

How was everyone's weekend??

Claire: How was your mother's day? how is charley doing? your scan is this week right????? Can't wait to hear about it!

Rachel: That is crazy your MIL was so insistant about taking Eli!!!! That would be so silly to drive all that way since your mom is much much closer and available!! When do you think you will go back to work? And I don't blame you about not wanting to leave Eli with them anyway - sorry to say but look how they act about you BF'ing - I wouldn't see them following anything that you want!!!!!!!

Cara: Yes I was surprised to have a minute to post over the weekend!!! Kyle took a good morning nap both days!! YAY Kyle! Sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day - I am so glad things have changed for you and DH!!! (for the better!) I remember when you were first pg with Archer and things weren't good at all - so comparing then to now is such a difference!!! Thats so great!

AFM: Well another good night for Kyle in the books!!! YAY!! He's getting so big now......it seems like he was just born and he's 8 months!!! All our babies are growing up so much!!! Well hopefully the weather starts getting / staying nicer - Frankie has baseball practice 2xthis week and next week he starts 2 games a week!!! So I hope the weather warms up and stays there other wise the games are miserable and with Kyle I wouldn't be able to stay if its too cold :(
Kyle cried again when I left him this morning :( I hate it!!!
Not much else really going on................

Hope everyone is doing good and having a good day!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Tue May 14, 2013 1:28 am

Bean measuring about 13 weeks. Wriggler wouldn't hold still in a good position for piccys lol

:)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Tue May 14, 2013 3:06 am

Oh Claire!!!!!! How wonderful!!!!! Congrats!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu May 16, 2013 2:17 am

Soo quiet here...

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Thu May 16, 2013 4:34 am

Not much to report here,

Work is good but my backs been getting really sore from sitting a lot.
I got maternity tops to wear at work now, will post a bump pic in my new shirts soon. We have a big fundraiser for work this Sunday so I'll be working all day, it's not really work though, just selling products and giving advice. I do have to go on stage and talk about what it's like being a vet nurse at RSPCA. It's a hard one to talk about as it has to be kept G rated and things like my fav part of nursing and the hardest part of the job are unsuitable for public conversation. So basically I have to come up with a sugar coated lie lol Ahh the joys of PR. Lol

Charley is great, loving feeding herself and crawling around like crazy. She's managed to stand a few times without being supported but is still a little way off walking unaided. But she'll get there soon enough. Still only one tooth. She loves having her tooth and Gums brushed tho which is good, though she does steal the brush from me after a little bit lol

DP is good too, still up and down a bit but he will get there. I really hope this LO is a boy, it would mean so much to him. Cross your fingers for team blue for us this time. Lol. He is going out tonight with a mate cos it's his mates birthday, I'm just going to relax in bed, watch a movie and sleep :)

Think I'm starting to feel occasional movements from this LO. As I said, at the ultrasound LO was super active, so I'm pretty sure what I'm feeling is LO. Seems so early but then they say you feel the second move sooner then the first.
I've also decided to try and get back into creative story writing. I used to love it but it's proving a lot harder then I remember, guess its just cos I'm
Being more critical about plot and wording now then I was when I was younger. This is going to take a while. Lol. But it's a good way to keep my mind busy while resting my body.

Sorry cant remember what everyone said at the end of the last thread.

Hope to hear from you all again soon xx

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu May 16, 2013 4:59 am

Yay for a great scan Claire!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for team blue for you.

I totally forgot there was a new thread so again I haven't been getting email reminders...

Thanks for the support about the inlaws Krissy. You are definitely right that they couldn't be trusted to follow my instructions/wishes! Unfortunately DH is a bit in denial about his parents - when I told him how I felt he said "oh I'm sure they would do what you want." Like they have EVER admitted they're wrong about anything! But I don't think it's going to be a huge issue as my mum spoke to them the other day and confirmed that she'll be looking after Eli. So as long as we're a team that's all that matters!

Sorry that Kyle is still crying when you leave Krissy. I can guess how you must feel. I'm going back to work at the start of September although I haven't actually told work that yet. I need to put it in writing soon because HR are terrible and I need to give them time to realise I'm actually returning to work!

Well I had an awful night's sleep last night. Eli is teething although no sign of any teeth yet. His thumb has been in his mouth constantly for the last few days and last night he was awake from midnight until almost 4am. Then awake again at 5am and just after 6am. I gave him paracetamol at 3am then homeopathic granules at 5am - these seemed to be more effective than the paracetamol as he went back to sleep within about 10 mins! Ugh, I'm so tired today. Off to the vet this afternoon for the usual appointment and blood test for my dog. Otherwise not doing much else. The boy is asleep at the moment. More paracetamol before this nap to see if he can get a decent nap - we shall see...

Cara - how are you doing? I'm glad things are going really well for you and DH too :D
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Thu May 16, 2013 6:33 am

It is quiet here.........I check most days but don't have much to report so I don't post.....

Claire: Glad things with you Charley DP and the bean are good!!!!!! I will also cross my fingers for team blue!!! Boys are great :D I can't wait to see a new bump pic!! So crazy to be seeing u/s scans again!! Exciting! Glad work is good.....

Rachel: Poor Eli!!!! I hate those stupid teeth!!!! I don't know what's going on with Kyle but he has had a low fever for a week now - no sign of teeth (but who knows) and no other major symtoms.......but I have been giving him pain reliever every night which I don't like doing but I don't know what else to do!! I hope Eli (and you!!!!) start getting some sleep!!

Cara: hello????? sure you are busy but we miss ya!

AFM: Frankie had baseball practice Tuesday night and has it again tonight and then Saturday morning - games start next week! Weather was really nice yesterday and should hopefully be nice today - Tuesday it was kinda cold at baseball so I had to keep Kyle all bundled up....hoping tonights practice is a little warmer! Otherwise not much to report - other than the low fever Kyle is good..makes me a little nervous as to why he still has it but at the same time with no other symtoms I don't think hes sick.....

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu May 16, 2013 12:13 pm

I hate when it's quiet here...but then I haven't been contributing all that much either...

Krissy - I decided to give Eli some prophylactic painkiller tonight before bed too. I was in two minds about it because he slept well the first part of last night - but then I thought if his pain level was a bit lower to start with, maybe it will help later tonight. We shall see... What painkiller do you use out of interest? I've been using paracetamol but a doctor friend of mine said ibuprofen may be worth trying for teething. Any thoughts? I've also put an amber anklet on him tonight. He seemed a bit more settled today wearing it - which may be coincidence, but I figure it's worth a try. Lots of people swear by it. Have you tried it?

Claire - that's funny about your work speech you have to do. I'm interested about the parts of your job you find interesting!! Glad DP is doing well too - that's nice to hear. Is he excited about baby no 2?

Cara - hope your work situation is sorting itself out. How soon were you planning on talking to your boss / changing to work with DH? (Sorry if you already said - I can't remember everything I've read!) How's Archer getting on with the solids? I'm still trying to get Eli to like savoury stuff. Today he had a bit of minced beef (a tiny bit). He's also getting better with the stuff he has to chew!

Well I'm off to bed soon cos last night was terrible and I need to try to catch up on some sleep tonight. Hope everyone is good
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Fri May 17, 2013 7:41 am

Trying this again.......had a nice response all typed up and it said "you have to be logged in to comment" :mad: no kidding!!! I was logged in or I wouldn't have had a reply box to type!!! LOL anyway..........

Rachel: I give Kyle Motrin (ibuprofen) now that he is old enough (6 months and up) and yes I think it is better for teething than Tylenol (acetaminophen) and it lasts a lot longer. I have never tried the Amber bracelet but would be interested if you think it helps..Kyle has been doing pretty good at night but last night was up twice again......I did not give him the motrin before bed last night and I wonder if that is why he woke up - I wish we would know!! I hate giving him medicine every night but if it helps him sleep then I feel a little better about it but there isn't really a way to know if he woke because he was hurting/uncomfortable etc or if he would have woke up anyway! How often is Eli eating solids now? Kyle does pretty well and "chews" pretty good but I am still nervous to give him a lot of things - but yet I am getting sick of giving him the same things!!!

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? Busy here as always!!! Hoping to have some extra time today (get off work early) to get some things done but we'll see what happens......if I don't get back on later have a good weekend!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sat May 18, 2013 9:44 am

Hello ladies!!! Happy weekend :) sorry I've been busy cleaning the house at night so I don't have to spend my weekend doing it.

Krissy-sorry to hear Kyles been running a temp :( hope he starts feeling better. What time is Frankie's practice at? Does it usually cut into Kyles bedtime routine? That's the only thing that is going to suck when Taylor starts football. His games are on Fridays and Saturday nights but usually do not start until after 7. Ick. Hope he gets some Teethies to pop through soon, seems likes you having been going through this forever :(.

Rachel-hope your enjoying your weekend! Sorry Eli had such a crappy night, poor guy! I hope he had a better night the second time. I'm still waiting on my amber necklace to come in the mail for Arch! I've also heard great things about them plus they look adorable! Let us know of they seem to be helping.

Claire-lovely u/s picture! Hope your enjoying your weekend as well! Glad things are going well at work too :)

Afm-just enjoying the start of my weekend. Yesterday was Archers dr appointment and he weighed 14 lbs 10 ozs and is 25 3/4 inches tall ;) he's still a little guy but he is sure growing. He's a lot smaller than most of the babies in my DDC but that's ok because I love his small petite self. He did fine with the shots but he gets so mad thy he holds his breathe and it scares the nurses and myself everytime! Ugh I wish he would stop that. Did not seem a bit bothered by them at all as we went out to dinner with some friends and he was happy as ever talking and smiling at everyone. We were out late so he slept in today...til 730 :D and then just woke from an hour and half nap! His schedule is getting so much more on track I love it! It's kind of overcast here so we probably won't be going on the boat today and tomorrow dh is going deep sea fishing and I think me archer and my mom and dad will be going to the beach shopping at this lovely outdoor mall/park. I haven't been in awhile so it ought to be fun. Yesterday at worki had a child pass out and have a seizure in my arms! It was the scariest thing to ever happen and I would not ever want to deal with it again. He's fine now but it scared us both we were both crying. Even talking about it tears well up in my eyes :(. No I haven't talked to my boss yet, I just haven't got the balls. Lol she's so good toe and will be super upset when I tell her. But I've or to tell her soon so she can start finding someone to take my place in the fall. I've already agreed to summer school to help save some money to go to Disney world for archers birthday this year. Anyway, I've blabbed enough. Hope everyone's weekend is going great :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat May 18, 2013 11:55 am

Cara - I think the amber necklace is helping! It's only been a couple of days but he was really grumpy the days before and since I've had it on his ankle, after the first 24 hours he's been in a really good mood during the day! He slept really badly 2 nights in a row then last night he didn't sleep badly at all. I had given him acetaminophen before bed - but I also wrapped his necklace round his ankle and left it on all night. So who knows what has helped? The previous nights he had had acetaminophen without much success. But I don't want to jink tonight - we'll see how things go...

Krissy - thanks for letting me know that Kyle gets ibuprofen. I've bought Eli some but then last night he was fine with just acetaminophen! I think the amber bracelet is helping but it's still too early to say definitely. As far as eating goes Eli is on 3 meals a day. He has breakfast (usually fruit and yoghurt) then lunch (some kind of vegetable and fruit) then after his nap he has a yoghurt and later on he has dinner. I keep trying to get him to eat meat but yesterday he pushed the spoon away with both hands after 2 mouthfuls!! I also try to give a bit of finger food - so rice-cakes and small slices of cheese and biscuits he's had. It's a work in progress getting him to try new things. How's Kyle doing with his teeth? Still no sign of any with us but he has a really stuffy nose today - don't know if it's a virus or to do with teething... we shall see!

Claire - the creative writing sounds great. What kind of stuff do you usually write? I've always thought maybe one day i'd have a go at that but it hasn't happened so far. hope you are resting up this weekend. How exciting to see your ultrasound!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun May 19, 2013 5:54 am

Quick survey of you ladies. How often do you think is reasonable for grandparents to visit (considering they are REALLY annoying and interfering lol!) What would you consider to be too much/too often? Thanks - want to check if I'm being reasonable or not...!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:28 am

Rachel-my mil is very annoying too and she probably only sees Archer twice a month but if I had to be reasonable it would maybe be once a week. Glad you think the amber necklace is working, I should be getting mine in this week and I'm excited to put it on him. How did it go last night?
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun May 19, 2013 6:51 am

Thanks Cara! We did ok last night - amber round his ankle and tylenol at bedtime. I can't take more than twice a month of my inlaws...and when I'm back at work I definitely don't want to be spending every weekend with them! No chance. I think I'd divorce DH before I'd do that lol! My sister-in-law never sees them. I think she manages once a year. They hate each other and at first I thought she was unreasonable but now I know why she never sees them.
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Next

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups