The Babymakers #5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #5

Postby h0ping » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Rachel: I think diaper sizes are the same....but I'm not sure - we don't have a 4plus....so I'm not sure! Wow he's grown!! 11kg (about 24 pounds???) right? He is tall!! Kyle is size 3 diapers and 6-9 month clothes....he has some 3-6 months that still fit though 8O 8O the clothes are so different though - its annoying - because he has 1 or 2 6-9 month outfits that he has almost outgrown - yet some 3-6 month outfits still fit fine!! And to hold them next to each other they are the same!!!! Adult clothing is the same though but still annoying! So some outfits I bought Kyle at Christmas time hvae just now come out! 8O He will get weighed at the hospital on Friday....

How was everyone's weekend?? I had family here and it was WONDERFUL!! But went WAAAAAY too fast! And they might come back next month!!!!!!!! YAY!!! And we may go visit them in December (both boys birthday's are in December so it would be a combined birthday visit!! but just us - they will do the parties at a different time - which is nice so we can spend time together ) I am so excited ......we have to make and finalize plans though - we just talked about it......

Well not much to say.......just wanted to check in!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Hey Krissy. I weighed him today and he's 11.2kg! I know exactly what you mean about clothes being different sizes - there's a lot of variation between different brands. I have 12-18 month trousers that I have to roll up as they're too long and then others that look like he'll outgrow them soon! Kyle doesn't look small at all in his photos - I guess they're all different... I had my aunt and uncle visiting from Australia this weekend and they have 6 grandchildren. They think Eli is quite big for his age - so maybe they're right?! So glad you had a great time with family this weekend. It was strange seeing my aunt and uncle - I haven't seen them for 12 years since I was last in Australia - and I don't know when we'll see them again...but at least they got to meet Eli and DH (they hadn't met him yet lol!)

Nothing else for me to say either! Lovely to hear from you though :)
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Rachel: Nice to hear from you too!! I don't think Eli is all that big for his age......it just seems not that long ago he was a little peanut too! I think Kyle doesn't "look" really tiny because he is also short for his age lol - he's probably about 18 - 18 1/2 pounds now.....I'll find out for sure on Friday - I of course think he looks "normal" but then seeing him with the other kids at daycare he looks smaller (or like this weekend when my cousin's were here - the baby is 10 months old and the same size or a little bigger than Kyle who is 13 months) but he does not look "tiny" or really skinny or anything......I'm sure your aunt and uncle enjoyed seeing you and meeting DH and Eli :D

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Oh Rachel I wanted to ask if you are still breastfeeding Eli???

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Hey Krissy - you've caught me just before I go to bed (up at 545am on work days!)

Yes, still breastfeeding but only twice a day - and he's starting to lose interest in the morning feed I think. But he's also been teething like crazy over the weekend so not quite himself. I've no idea how much milk he's getting but he only feeds for 2 or 3 minutes in total. Poor boy didn't nap at all well today because of his teeth so he was exhausted by bed time. Hoping he doesn't wake up really early as a result...

You still pumping for Kyle (I'm assuming so?)

Right, off to bed. Night!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:26 pm

Hey all just popping in on my lunch break at work

Charley wears cloth nappies and is in mediums or one size fits all so guessing that doesn't tell you all much lol
She's wearing size 1 - 2 clothes mostly but still has a few 0 that fit. She was mistaken for a 2 yr old over the weekend and that same person commented on how clever she was for her age :) proud Mummy moment there :) didn't get the chance to correct them and let them know she's actually only 14mo lol

She and I took a walk to the corner store over the weekend, it's at the opposite side of our block and charley walked the whole way on her own feet! :) another proud mummy moment.
When we got to the shop she walked past the Lollies and went to the fruit so I bought strawberries for her and kept her entertained with a yummy strawberry while I paid for the shopping. People looked amazed that she chose fruit over sweets :) yet another proud moment :)

Will pop back on tonight if I get a chance gotta go eat now before I run out of break time

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Natalie - hope your DH is ok now since his surgery!! Aww glad to hear Vienna likes preschool. And hopefully Berlin cuts that tooth soon! Charlotte has plenty.
So glad to hear your NT scan went well!! April 9th is mine and DH's wedding anniversary so a good date :D I think someone did mention moving to FB a while ago but there were a few without FB. Someone correct me if I'm wrong? I'm happy to do either. Charlottes due date group moved to FB and its definitely easier to keep up. We're still very active on the page a year later :)

Krissy - you sound crazy busy!

Cara - hope you avoided the hurricane! Any news about the job yet?

Rachel - glad your aunt and uncle from Australia were able to meet Eli and DH.

Claire - nice to hear from you :)

AFM - Charlotte has been sick with gastro and bronchitis. Trip to the hospital and all. Shes on the mend slowly. I noticed today shes also getting her molars so shes in the wars :( Our finance was approved for our house. Valuation gets done this week so fingers crossed it values at what we need. School started back today for the older 2 so no more sleep ins :(
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:50 am

Just posting here incase anyone's not getting alerts on the new thread.

Check in to our part 6 thread!!

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:03 am

I'm here! Tried to post yesterday but computer lost half of my post so I gave up. Will try again but at work now so better go!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Previous

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups