The Babymakers #5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #5

Postby carak21 » Sun May 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Oh on the weekends....nope your doing good twice a month! I'm not wasting my weekend visiting in laws, nope nope and nope. I visit after work about twice a month for a couple hours.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon May 20, 2013 12:35 am

Total waste of a weekend lol! They were on the phone last night asking what we were doing when DH next has time off work. We have to see them the weekend at the end of his week off, and because we haven't booked to go away anywhere they were like "oh you can just come and visit us during the week". Like we have nothing better to do. I told DH "absolutely no way". I'm not spending my weekends and during the week when you have time off with your parents - we need our own time. I don't think he wants to see them anyway!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Mon May 20, 2013 2:47 am

Hey all :)

I had a crazy busy weekend.
Saturday I did a tiny bit of housework, took care of charley and napped whenever I could.
Sunday I had my work fundraiser all day, the million paws walk, a giant dog walk with lots of activities and entertainment, it's always a great day but gosh my back was sore and I was totally exhausted afterwards. I ended up getting away from there at about 3:30pm, but I'd been there since just after 8am.
DP picked me up and we went to the toy shop, bought him and charley a toy each, then came home and I relaxed while they played with their toys. Charley went to bed at 7 and I wasn't far behind, asleep by 9 lol

Today DP's pet ferret passed away and he is devastated :(
I've never seen him so upset. When I lose a pet all I want is alone time or couple time, hugs and support.. But DP copes so differently.. He's got mates here to distract him, and stop him crying, cos he won't cry infront of his mates. I offered him a hug, cuddles and support but he just wants to sit with his mates, moping and trying to ignore it, but secretly tearing up and covering it up periodically.. I don't understand his way of coping, and I just don't know what to do to help him... I loved that ferret too, and I'd really like a cuddle but I'm being strong for DP, when all I want to do is hug him! For him and for myself..

Anyway I'm exhausted, going to feed myself and try to relax and sleep.
I'll try for personals tomorrow
Night aLl

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Wed May 22, 2013 2:18 am

Where r u all???

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Wed May 22, 2013 7:53 am

I’m here I’m here!!!!! Sorry – have had a sick baby 

Claire: how are you feeling??? I think we are due for an updated belly pic!!! I am sorry about DP’s pet! It is hard to lose a pet……how is Charley?? How did your speech go?? Glad you got out of there early but still a long and tiring day I sure!!!

Cara: Frankie’s baseball practice and games are different times. He had his first game last night – they played at 445pm (had to be there at 415pm) and it went until about 615pm – so when he plays the “early” game (445pm) it will not cut into Kyle’s bedtime routine – he has been getting ready for bed anywhere between 6-7pm lately (I have been trying to push it back so most nights its 630pm or so when I start but some nights there is no way he could stay up……) but they also play “late” games – start at 630pm be there at 6pm so on those nights honestly I don’t know what I am going to do yet…….I am thinking I will take him to the game and then leave to put Kyle to bed then go back to the game….but really not sure! I don’t think Kyle could stay up until 8pm……those nights will also be difficult with pumping….its going to be a crazy 6-8 weeks!!! Still no teeth but with this flu or whatever it was that he had his fever was 102  poor guy………but I brought Kyle to the doctor on Monday just to be safe and he weighed 15 pounds!!! Can’t believe how big Archer is!!!!!!! He’s as tall (if not taller!) than Kyle and almost the same weight! Crazy! Have you gotten your amber bracelet for Archer..??? Do you notice a difference?

Rachel: How is Eli doing? Any teeth? None here!!! How do you think your amber bracelet is working???? Kyle is doing well with eating also – well not the last few days with being sick but otherwise doing well – sometimes I just worry since he still doesn’t take much milk – but Dr. always says if he’s growing its fine and I of course can tell he’s growing and happy and such but I still worry……As far as your in law question – I would also think 2-4xmonth is fine – depending on how far away they are – if they come to you – etc. I get along well with DH family (and since I don’t have much of my own they are really great!) We get together for birthdays and holidays and then here and there if we have time so I don’t see just the in laws too often (alone I mean – its usually everyone) so sometimes we see eachother a few weekends a month and sometimes its once a month – just depends on birthdays and holidays. Like this past month – first weekend of the month was my little nephews birthday (so party at his house – saw everyone) then the next weekend was Mothers day (everyone went to in laws house for dinner Saturday night) then this past weekend was birthday party at bowling alley for niece and a “sprinkle” (not a baby shower but a get together to celebrate baby) for SIL (girls only at SIL friend’s house) I did not go to this one since Kyle was sick. Then this coming weekend is BIL birthday so we are going to go to in laws house for breakfast. So this month I have seen all of the family every weekend – but again other times we’ll only see eachother 1x in a month…….but we also get along (lol) and most birthdays and holidays everyone goes to in laws house – kids birthdays are done at their own house or bowling alley or where ever kids choose! But if I did not really get along with family or had problems then it would be different and I agree that DH days off (and when you go back to work your days off) should not just be spend with in laws because you are not going out of town! You need time as a family and just to be home doing whatever!!!

AFM: Not really much to report – Kyle has been sick  he is back to “school” (daycare) today and I am back to work but missing him like crazy!!! Seems to be feeling better but still not 100% - not eating much at all and still not very playful but he’s getting there – fever and other symptoms are pretty much gone. Took him to the doctor on Monday and his weight was 15 pounds!!! Tiny!! And didn’t gain much since last weigh in on April 26th but gained a little (and of course was sick so might have gained a little more then lost a little) I have to take the boys to the hospital on Friday for their treatments so we’ll get another weight then!
Frankie had his first baseball game last night and got a good hit!!! He made it to second base with his hit (and got another boy home) and then the next batter he was able to steal 3rd and home!!! He was soooo excited! So he and the other boy where the only ones to get runs – they lost the game but Frankie was pretty excited to score!!! They play again tomorrow!
My weeks will now be pretty full with 2 games a week and my nephew plays 1 game a week (different days then Frankie) so I have to try and make atleast 1 of his games! Busy busy!
Hope everyone else is good!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Wed May 22, 2013 7:53 am

Yikes.........sorry for the novel!!!!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu May 23, 2013 2:26 am

Write a novel anytime :) esp when it's quiet here lol

I'm feeling better now that the second tri is here, less nausea and a little more energy, well aside from being exhausted from my long week that is.
Charley is well :) second tooth just appeared, much like the first. She loves eating real food, and has whatever I'm having, and usually some veggies too. At the moment she's eating her dinner, cheesy chicken nuggets, apple bites and steamed veggies. She had bacon carbonara pasta for lunch at grandmas.

Shes had eggs, cheese, milk, fish, honey and peanut butter all with no problems.
The only food I'll hold off on is strawberries as DP flared up in a rash the first time he had strawberries as an infant.

DP is being distant again.. I'm slowly working on gettin some 'alone as a couple' time with him. We were supposed to have an evening as a family last night but one of his so called mates decided to lecture DP about his life choices and even went as far as to say we shouldn't be having a second child! :mad: and should have aborted it! :mad: 8O :mad: !!! Needless to say I kicked that 'mate' right out of the house!!!
DP is freaking out enough about this second baby, he needs his friends to be supportive not critical!
Ok rant over..

I'll take an updated belly pic early next week, i haven't noticed much change but it's probably cos I'm not taking regular pics lol

My speech at the fundraiser was ok, they didn't ask any of the scripted questions so I felt a bit like a deer in headlights lol but I think I did ok. :)

In pet news, one of my cats has decided to eat inedible objects, nerf darts, batteries, ciggerettes... So ive gotta work out what's causing it, ASAP before he makes himself seriously ill! Times like these I'm glad I work at the vets, if I can't work it Out myself I've got other people to bounce ideas off and it makes tests etc much cheaper :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Thu May 23, 2013 2:42 am

Forgot to mention this 'friend' of DP has no job, no kids and no respect for his own gf !!!

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu May 23, 2013 9:39 am

Hi,
I've been reading posts but just haven't had much time to reply - sorry! Been trying to organise household things like car insurance etc. and then we're getting Eli christened this weekend so been doing a few things for that too.

Claire - sorry to hear that DP has been distant. Sounds like his way of coping is very different to you. I really don't understand men sometimes! As for his friend - I'm glad you kicked him out of your house. People really shouldn't comment on other's situations because there's often stuff they don't know about because it's nothing to do with them in the first place! Glad your speech at work went well and sorry to hear about your cat - hopefully you'll get it sussed out soon what's going on that he/she's suddenly eating weird things! Glad you're feeling better in second trimester now too - that's got to help.

Krissy - sorry to hear that Kyle hasn't been well. I remember you said he's been running a temperature for a little while. I hope he feels better soon, poor wee bubba. Thanks for the support over the inlaws - they just irritate the hell out of me. I think one of these days I'm going to be rude even though I do my best not to be. Maybe I need to speak to sister-in-law to see how she's coped all these years with them...Last time I saw the inlaws FIL was slagging her off saying "she doesn't have a maternal bone in her body", just because they haven't had kids. WTF does it have to do with him?!! :mad:

Cara - how are you doing? I'm afraid I can't remember what's been going on most recently with you... Hope you check-in with us soon.

AFM - amber necklace seems to be helping Eli. He wears it round his ankle and apart from those 2 horrible nights the other nights haven't been too bad. Still no sign of any teeth...I thought I could see something with his bottom front 2 but no sign of anything poking through yet! I'm just having a sit-down before I go run his bath and get him ready for bed. Hopefully DH will be back in time for his bath tonight - we'll see...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi ladies!!! Sorry I've been doing the same as Rachel, been reading but no time to post. It has been so hot here and our AC is acting up so on top of being busy, I've been miserable. Haven't been able to make dinner because it has been too dang hot. But Dh just brought home a portable AC so we will see how tonight is :)

Claire-Sorry to hear about DP being distant. I don't blame you for telling his friend to leave your house. It is not his place to tell you or DP how he feels and if he doesn't like it he doesn't need to be around. I definitely would have gave him a piece of my mind. Glad you are feeling better now that you are in the second trimester. Funny to hear about Charley eating everything. Have you any names decisions yet?

Rachel-glad you think the amber is working well. I just received mine today so of course I put it on Archer, we will see how it works out. Doctor said he doubts his fussiness is teething related because there are no teeth surfacing but its still worth a shot :) Sleeping is not a problem for us anyway, its from around 5-8 that he gets fussy some days. I believe it is because is so tired. He still is not a great napper. How did you do with the IN laws?

Krissy-So sad to hear Kyle has been sick :( Poor baby. Good job for gaining Kyle!! I cannot believe Kyle and Archer are the same size. We had another appointment on Tuesday and they weighed Archer and he was 15 lbs too! I can't tell you about the necklace yet because we just got it but it sure looks cute on him. I'll have to take a picture and show you. That stinks about Frankies late games. I was wondering how I will deal with Archer on Taylors football games when season starts in the fall. I'm pretty excited though and I'm going to get him a shirt made with bubbas football number on it. Maybe he will adjust to being out and about. I know with Archer on the weekends when we are out he will not go to sleep until we get home. He is too busy to go to sleep in my arms like he used too but hes so good and never fusses when he is overtired. Anyway, any plans for memorial day? Do you have to work?
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Sat May 25, 2013 12:54 am

Thanks all for your support on the issue of DPs 'mate'
Still makes me angry to think about it!! I mean we may not have planned this pregnancy but there was never a thought in my mind of not keeping it, and DP never brought it up either.. Especially seeing as we had the mc before charley, I think it really makes us both appreciate how special bubs are and how lucky we are to be able to have them.
DP's mate has no kids and has never been in the situation of knowing that there is a baby that is part him growing inside someone he cares about. I don't think he'd be going on the way he's been going on if he had any idea how it felt, to have a child or loose a pregnancy. Ok rant over lol

Well DP says he has a Suprise planned for me :)
Yay! It involves couple time but that's all he's telling me, that and I just have to be patient lol I'm not good at being patient lol. And knowing DP it won't be a short wait.. On the other hand at least I have something to look forward too.
He did also say we would do something together today, but said I'd have to wait and see what.. So I've waited all day.. And mentioned it a little while ago and he said he didn't even remember sayin that to me this morning! Grr..

Charley's naps are out of whack today, not majorly but she's having her afternoon nap now and it's 5:20pm, she's usually awake now and has dinner at 6:30, bed by 7.. So I guess she'll be up a little later tonight lol

She's getting a third tooth! She's got the bottom front 2 and I can feel a top one has broken through. She's a magic teether, never seems to get unsettled or upset when they are coming through.
I have a friend who uses an amber teething necklace on her girl tho and she swears by it for reducing drooling as well as reducing fussiness while teething.

Cara- sorry it's so hot where u are, I'm having the opposite problem, it's so cold already here and I don't have central heating, so I heat Charley's room and that's all, the rest of us have to rug up in layers and blankets lol
As for baby names, not sure as yet, DP and I had a deal with charley that I would choose first name and he chose middle name, of course we both had a say but the ideas came from me for first name and him for middle. This baby it's reversed, he will pick first name and I'll pick middle. Really hoping for a little boy this time, but Im not that fond of DP's boy name ideas ( not that I have any better ideas lol) and I have 2 boys middle names in my family as tradition so I'll choose one of those, probably, it'd mean a lot to my grandad and my dad but the names aren't that appealing to me. Anyway I'm rambling, basically I want a baby boy but can't think of any boy names I love lol
If we end up with another girl I still wouldn't know what to call her lol charley is kind of a unisex name and I think I'd go for something unisex for a second girl too.. But who knows lol

Krissy- hope kyles feeling ok now, and the mystery temp has gone away and stays away. Hope you can sort out juggling sports games and bed times. I'm
Hoping new bub will be as amazing as charley and settle into the same routine as her by about 3 months. It'll make things so much easier for me.

Rach - hope Eli's christening is amazing, can't wait for photos :)
My cats issue doesn't seem to be behavioral, I tried a pheromone spray and giving him extra attention and he still went in search of stuff to eat/ chew so he's having dental work done on Monday, to see if that helps, if not its bloodwork time.

Anyway ladies gtg getting late n I still have things to do, plus I can hear charley playing around in her cot so I'm going to get her up til after shes had dinner and give up on this afternoons nap, only half hr til dinner now

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat May 25, 2013 3:17 am

Hey. Just checking in quickly to boast that I'm off to get a manicure now while DH is at home holding the baby lol! Hope you girls are having a good weekend x
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Sat May 25, 2013 4:57 am

Hi again ladies!!! I'm posting on a Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It's 6:30am and Kyle surprisingly is not up yet..........he woke up a few times - started to cry then back to sleep.........poor guy still isn't 100%!

I'll try to catch up......

Claire: I am REALLY sorry DP's friend acted like that!!! That is horrible!! I am glad DP didn't let it get him down though!!! And sorry he has been distant....hopefully he will come around soon. And based on the surprise he has planned maybe he is!!! Sorry about your cat......good thing you work for a vet though!!!! I bet Charley is so big - we need some pics of her also!! I have a million of Kyle - I just need time to post them!

Rachel: Hope Eli's Christening goes well...........love to see some pics of him also! And I am jealous of your alone time!! With Kyle being sick he has been on me like crazy - which of course I don't mind :D but it is still tiring......glad your getting time to yourself though and DH is getting some time with Eli!

Cara: We need some pics of Archer too while I'm asking everyone else lol!!!! Kyle went back to the doctor and he lost a little weight :( but I knew he would with how little he has been eating....poor guy! Thats a really cute idea - making Archer a shirt with Taylor's number!!! Frankie's team doesn't have numbers or anything :( but Kyle has a little baseball hat and a baseball outfit and little shoes with baseballs on them - but it has to get nice enough for him to wear the outfit!!!!!! We are having the opposite problem as you - our furnace still comes on during the night / early morning!!!!!!!! I don't "work" per say this weekend or Memorial Day (I don't work any major holiday) but I am answering the phone over the weekend - we forward our business lines and this weekend its to me......got one call last night and had to send my part time guy out - so he'll make double time and the customer will be charged double time.....but they needed him to come asap!!! Otherwise no real plans - to the in laws tomorrow for BIL birthday breakfast and that's really the only plans I have lol pretty boring!! But I like that!!! I always fill it up anyway! What about you?????

Ok I think I got everyone!!! Kyle is on the mend but not 100% yet - but fever has been gone since Monday and no more throwing up!! When I posted on Wednesday he was at daycare and I was at work - well we were both home by noon :( so my boss just told me not to even try to come in Thursday and then yesterday I had off to take the boys to the hospital - so I worked a grand total of 4 hours this week!!!! LOL! Otherwise I was a stay at home mama......but I tell ya I would have rather worked 60 hours then have Kyle sick!!! Was horrible!!! I hope he finally kicks it this weekend - and with getting their medication yesterday that should help! Well 4 weeks ago Kyle weighed 14 pounds 14 ounces (at the hospital) and yesterday he weighed 14 pounds 10 ounces on the same scale - the doctors office is a different scale so I go hospital to hospital or doctor visit to doctor visit since they are so little if a scale is off by a little it makes a difference!!! And also if I take him to the doctor after the hospital visit like yesterday he gets so much fluids at the hospital that he weighs more lol! But I thought he would lose a little weight as he hardly ate anything all week - somedays only taking 10-12 ounces of bm and no food :( but ate well yesterday!!!! :D Otherwise its been a pretty boring week - 2 baseball games and a sick baby......that's been about it. Thankfully not much planned this weekend just get some errands done and hang out with my boys!!! I think Frankie may go with his grandpa today......

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Sat May 25, 2013 7:36 pm

DP just said he doesn't want this baby... 80 :cry:

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Sun May 26, 2013 1:15 am

Oh Claire - he's probably just freaking out after what his mate said. Sometimes men worry too much what other people think...I'm not sure when you posted this as I just happened to look at the board (didn't get an email - again)... I hope you're okay x
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups