The Babymakers #5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #5

Postby Clairebear » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:26 am

Still no call from the clinic about getting my appointment!!! I'm going to call them AGAIN tomorrow at lunch time! I feel sorry for whoever (if anyone) answers that call.. Im not usually an angry pregnant lady but I can sure throw a good tantrum if/when it's needed lol

Charley was feeling much better by the morning after her needles :)

I started my carb diet today (for the glucose test) can't say I actually ate much differently to what I usually do but hopefully I eat enough carbs anyway. Ive never been one to take notice of that kind of thing, I've always eaten whatever I want lol.
So not looking forward to getting up early Saturday to go and sit at the hospital for 3 hrs... And the horrid glucose drink.. Ugh! Yuck! I could barely walk after my 1 hr test with charley, I felt like crap. Not looking forward to trekking through the maze of the hospital and the equally as bad car park, then driving myself home after.. Parking arrangements at our hospital are a joke.. It's a huge walk from the public carparks to the maternity and pathology sections! Nice work, make the sore tired pregnant women walk the furthest. They just added a new maternity section to the hospital, still just as far from parking, if not further. Can't believe they didn't think that one through better!

Anyways enough ranting.. Sorry I seem to be doing that a bit lately lol
I gotta go feed the fur babes and lay down, my back is killing me today and this baby is practicing acrobatics in my belly

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:32 am

Claire - wow, so sorry they haven't called you back! How slack. So glad to hear Charley is feeling better :) Good luck with the carb diet. I've never had to do that before the GTT so don't know if its something new or maybe its just something your hossy does. Good luck for Saturday!

AFM - the boat didn't end up selling so we've lowered the price and relisted it. Just want the bloody thing gone. We've had a few scammers saying they'd buy it and wanting our bank details so they could pay for it. Thank goodness we're both smart enough to do a google search of names and email addresses before giving out our details. My pants don't fit anymore which is bloody humiliating :oops: I'm 9wks and look 16wks! I will try posting a pic later if I remember.
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:28 am

Heres the pic as promised :oops:

DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:52 am

Ugh so full! They want me to eat soo much, and most of it carbs.
Couldn't get hold of anyone at the clinic today :-/ not impressed!

Bella - have u tried finding online sale groups in your area? I know here there are yahoo and Facebook groups for selling just about anything you could imagine. And listing it in the local paper? Hope the boat sells soon for you!
Can totally relate to not fitting into your pants, I'd only just bought some new ones after having lost some weight I gained with Charley's pregnancy and about 2 weeks after I bought them they didn't do up! Lol. I got big fast but then didn't see much change for a while. Now at 27weeks I'm still getting people not realizing I'm pregnant :-/ I'm no where near as big as I was when I was pregnant with charley, which is good! My back is starting to get sore by the afternoons now, and I've gained 6kg, my gain was at least 4kg more at this stage with charley. Aiming to work til 38 weeks but last time I had to give up at 36 cos I was too sore and tired, I was no good to anyone being at work

Anywhoo time to lay down and relax.

Hope to hear from you all soon
Hope your all well.. Especially kiwi.. Hope your morning sickness is behaving!

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:08 am

Oops lol googled peanut butter Lindt balls to see where to buy them..
Discovered 1kg bags for around $35-$40 ... Damn you eBay!
Resisting for now but not sure for how long lol
Weight gain here I come! Lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BellaM » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:04 am

Claire - yep we've listed it on all the local FB sites, as well as Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast sites, ebay, gumtree, quick sales, the paper and the online classifieds for the paper. FX you feel ok to work till 38wks. Its so hard to tell until the time though. I'm hoping to work till 37wks.
Oh dear, 1kg of peanut butter lindt balls. That could be dangerous :lol4:

This sounds so stupid but i'm still so worried about miscarriage. I read so many stories on here where the baby died and they didn't find out for like 4wks later as they still had preg symptoms and no bleeding or cramping. My husband thinks i'm being ridiculous :roll: Hopefully hes right and I am just being ridiculous. Bring on Sept 23rd!!
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:35 am

2kg for $70 hmmm lol good thing I don't have my own credit card lol
I still worry too Bella lol even at 27 weeks! I made it a rule to stay out of the first trimester board as it always made me worry. Didn't even join a ddc til second tri. In my experience tho, DP has always been right when he's told me bub is fine lol. Hard to do but try to listen to DH and not stress

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:20 am

Hi ladies just popping in to say I'm still here.....busy week and 2 sick kids!!!!

Will update better when I can :D

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:34 am

Hey all just a quick update

My internets cut off til mid week as I forgot to pay the bill, Doh!

Had my horrible glucose test this morning then felt like crap all day so I had a nap while charley did then woke up still feeling like shit :(

My housing manager called on Friday and they are finally going to let me sign a lease! Yay :) now time to clean the house n yard for an inspection- that I'm not so excited about but it needs doing anyway and I'll be happier once its done, it's just the doing it part that sucks lol

Still no luck with the appointment at the hospital clinic.. They complained when I went in as they like to start care at 16weeks, yet here I am at 27weeks still having trouble getting an appointment, when I started calling at about 14 weeks! Gah!

Anyways hope this post gets through, I'll be stalking when I can buy probably won't be able to post til my Internet gets reconnected

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:51 am

Claire - hope the housing inspection cleaning goes well for you - that's great news about the lease. You must be relieved after all the hassle you've had :) That glucose tolerance test sounds horrible - we don't have anything mandatory like that here. And as for the clinic - what a bunch of idiots moaning at you that they want to start care earlier, when you can't even get an appointment!!

Bella (sorry I forgot - is it Nicola?) - great belly pic! Thanks! Hope you're not worrying too much about the pregnancy, I know it's easier said than done.

Krissy - oh no - I hope your two boys are feeling better soon - I miss your updates!

Cara - how are you doing? How many teeth does Archer have now? We've had a bit of a difficult week this week as Eli is cutting his top front teeth. I think 1 is almost through the gum now but the other isn't far behind. He's been really upset this week, poor boy :( Painkillers definitely help though.

Otherwise not a lot going on. I'm feeling really fed up - think I need to get back to work. Only 2 more weeks to go. I've just been looking online at 1st birthday party things and I think I'm going to get some Sesame Street things - we like Bert & Ernie and the Cookie Monster in this house :D

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good weekend. Talk to you later
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BellaM » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 am

Krissy - hope the kids are feeling better soon!!

Claire - oh no sorry to hear you were feeling so crap after your glucose test :( Hope the housing inspection goes well. Yay for being able to sign a lease :)

Rachel - its Ella :wink: but Nicolas pretty too :lol4: Sorry to hear you're feeling fed up at the moment. Not long now until you're back at work. Oh how exciting planning Eli's first birthday. Sesame St theme sounds awesome :D

AFM - I'm really getting over this horrible exhausted feeling :( I just want to have some energy!! DH bought his sisters car off her so he can drive to and from the airport up where he works so he gets home Tuesday but I'll be taking the kids to the airport and waving them all off so they can get a plane down there to get the car and drive it up here. With me being on night duty next week I probably won't even notice they're not here as all I'll be doing is working and sleeping. Not a happy woman at the moment as we have no gas which = no hot water. I ordered a bottle last month and when the guy delivered it DH said we had a full bottle so told him we didn't need it. CLEARLY we DIDN'T have a full bottle as a bottle usually lasts us 6+ months :mad:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Will update tomorrow morning I promise. I have a demon child (whom I love dearly) on my hands for a few days and I'm going batty!!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kiwifaire » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Wow ladies! Chatty Group!

Claire - That is crazy that they are jerking you around!

Ella - I would be so mad about that gas! Eeeek!

Sorry for those that I have missed. I know there is more to comment on!

Afm - Oh dear. The morning sickness has hit again with full force. Luckily this time I am on the meds early and am resting as much as possible with 2 young children. I am finding myself so exhausted and cooking is a challenge. On the bright side I was able to get in with one of our cities few midwives. Recently they opened things up that the province's health care covers Midwife care so they are just being swamped with clients. Fortunately our old neighbour is a midwife and even though I didn't know her for long she remembered me and bumped me to the front of the line. On the other side of things the home that we purchased about a year and a half a go we didn't know it (even though we had a home inspection) that the vent to our daughter's room was totally blocked. We didn't think it would be a huge deal. In the winter we could use a space heater and in the summer we can have a fan. That worked fine enough but it caused the seal to her window broke allowing moisture in. Currently Vienna is sleeping in the hallway until the new window is put it. We are also trying to find a company that can fix the vent without having to rip everything out. This is a total headache.
kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby carak21 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:54 am

Well I'm posting a little earlier than I anticipated. It's currently 230 am and Archer is screaming bloody murder in his crib. Nothing I do works and I just keep getting agitated so I've had to give up trying. I'm hopin he will settle soon but it's been going on for an hour now and still no stopping him :( it makes me feel so bad letting him cry but seriously I'm at my wits end. I don't expect dh to help because he has court in the morning but a little help would be nice. Ugh. I suppose it's like sleep training all over again.

Ella-I love the belly pic! It looks like you bounced right back after Charlotte!! You look great, I can see a little bump starting to form though! Eeeekkk so exciting! Sorry to hear about the gas. There is no way I could take a cold shower! Obviously hubby needs to let you deal with the gas tanks! Lol men sometimes they think they know everything when clearly the women know better ;) It sounds like you have a lot on your plate when your home alone!!! How do you ever have time to breathe? Seriously with all that we would be getting to go food every night!

Claire-sorry to hear you weren't feeling well after the glucose test. It didn't bother me a bit when I had it done. Of course I only had an hour to wait but I actually likes he sugary drink. I only had the fruit punch flavor though so I may not have liked any other flavor. Glad Charley is growing well! I wonder how she will feel about having another baby in the house. How has your sister been doing? I saw Tahlia in the pictures and she is getting so big.

Krissy-sorry the babies are sick!! Lots of love cuddles and kisses! Hope they are feeling better soon!!

Natalie-good to hear from you. So sorry the morning sickness has started already but good to know that you are already on the meds to help. Is it helping? That is crazy about the vent but understandable how it happened. I hope you can find someone cheap that can avoid tearing up the wall to do it for you. I hope Vienna sleeps well, I still absolutely love her name.

Rachel-you will miss him especially since you have been with him for so long but I promise the break away is so nice. It makes you truly enjoy them to the fullest when you get home. Archer still only has his bottom two teeth but is currently working on the top two I believe! His teething issues this round is HORRIBLE! He's absolutely miserable as am I! I love the sesame street party idea! Archer loves Elmo, he has a tickle me Elmo that he just loves. I bet there are all kind of goodies for a party with sesame street too. We are going with pirate theme so I have been finding stuff online :) I've bought tons of party favors so I hope a lot of kids show up :) I've gotten bandanas, eye patches, swords....eeeekkk I'm so excited to his first birthday party lol!

Afm-this week/weekend has been hell. Archer has been miserable. I have never seen him this upset ever and it is killing me but making me super irritable at the same time. I get mad when he won't calm down and have to remind myself that he is just a baby. I think he finally has fallen asleep after and hour and a half of crying :( I just hope he doesn't remember it in the morning. I don't want him to feel like I didn't want to comfort him, I just couldn't anymore. Anyway, I'm going to try and get some sleep. Oh and Archers dr appointment went well. He is 17 lbs 8 ozs and 28 inches long. Steadily growing but still a little guy until 15% percentile.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BellaM » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 am

Natalie - so sorry to hear your morning sickness has flared up :( yay for getting in with one of the midwives :) Oh gosh. The blocked vent sounds like a nightmare! I hope its fixable without ripping everything up!!

Cara - its definitely full on sometimes when I'm on my own. We actually got takeaway for the first time the other night cos I just really cbf and it definitely made the night routine easier!! I was able to get everything done and sit down with the kids and watch a movie.
Oh no you sound like your having a real hard time with Archer :hugs: How did you go with sleep training? Do you have any tips? I could do with some to deal with Charlotte. She is a SHOCKING sleeper! I'm glad he finally went to sleep for you and I hope you were able to get some sleep yourself xox

AFM - I had a really REALLY bad night with Charlotte last night. She was up 7 or 8 times. It was ridiculous! I heard her stirring a minute ago so I hope it won't be a repeat tonight. The gas company claimed they couldn't get a bottle to me today :mad: so I had DH's friend come over and connect our BBQ gas to the line so we at least got lovely hot showers. A hot shower has never felt so great!! :D
Oh I can hear my baby girl. I think I'm in for a long night again :roll:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups