The Babymakers #5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #5

Postby BellaM » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:03 am

Well DH and the kids have been gone for 5.5hrs and i'm seriously lost. I haven't been by myself since before DS3 was born. I had another bad night with Charlotte last night. But I have a cold at the moment too so felt like sh!t and found it hard to sleep anyway. I had a nap already. I'm on night duty tonight so wanted to sleep longer but my body wouldn't switch off.
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:38 am

Oh maaaan. I have been trying to get one last sleep before night duty for the last 1.5hrs and cannot get to sleep. I've given up and I know I'll be hurting by 3am :mad:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:02 am

Bella - hope you don't mind but I did sleep training with Eli at 3 months and I will forever be grateful to the person I got advice from. So now whenever anyone has problems with baby sleep I'm straight there telling them what was advised to me! So anyway, Eli was a lot younger than Charlotte when I did the training, but I remember some of the advice for older babies - and I think even what I did can be adapted to older babies. Basically I let him cry for 10 minutes at a time when he woke up, then after 10 mins I would go in and say a key phrase like 'time to sleep' or whatever you want to say. If they're really upset you can give them a cuddle but you don't want to get into the habit of holding them for a long time, so put them straight back in to bed (and I think they said not to take them out of bed at all when they're older as it can be too stimulating for them). When you've done that you leave the room and then after another 10 mins of tears you go back in and repeat. You can then start to lengthen the time of leaving them - say 12 mins, 14 mins etc. before briefly checking. When it's no longer a full-on cry then I wouldn't go back in as they'll probably fall asleep soon by that point. Not sure if this makes sense but I hope it does. My boy sleeps like a dream now because he doesn't expect to see me in the middle of the night - but it wasn't always like that - I got to the point where I couldn't take any more sleep deprivation and I had to do some training with him. And it was really only 2 or 3 nights of tears (and not long at that - the worst was about an hour and a half the first night) before he was a lot better. And now he actually laughs to himself whenever I close his curtains in his room because he knows it's nap time or night time :D I never thought I'd see that day! (Hope I don't sound like I'm rubbing it in - I just feel so strongly about how much sleep training actually helped us). If I'm rambling and this doesn't make sense then do tell me and I'll see if I can do better!

Oh Cara - poor you and poor Archer. Sorry he's been up at night due to teething. When I think Eli might not sleep well due to his teeth I give him ibuprofen - seems to work much better for us than paracetamol (I think that's acetaminophen in the US). Eli was really pretty grouchy when cutting his teeth and there wasn't a lot I could do to help apart from the painkillers! He's also getting to the point where he's bored and needs new things to entertain him so he moans a lot at times and I have found myself losing my temper at times - so I can kind of understand how you feel with Archer. Thanks for your advice about what it's like going back to work. I think I need to go back now lol!

Oh, just noticed the time - I have to go wake Eli up now or he won't sleep tonight. I'll try to come back later and finish my post...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:55 am

Hi ladies - sorry I have been MIA ....a lot going on lately!!!

How is everyone?

Charley: How is the bub? You? Charley? I loved the pics from her birthday! Amazing how much they grow!! She is beautiful!

Cara: How has Archer been? Wow 17 1/2 pounds and 28"!!! He's bigger than Kyle lol (Kyle was 17 pounds and 27" about 2 weeks ago) so they are close :D

Bella: How are you feeling? Charlotte? How is she sleeping? Kyle was a horrible sleeper also - waking ALL THE TIME but now sleeps 10-12 hours!!! 8O but didn't sleep through the night consistant until about 9 months old.....

Rachel: How are you? Eli? Are you nervous about going back to work? You will miss Eli but at the same time sometimes its nice to have a little break even if its working!

I'm sorry I am sure I have missed things.........

AFM: Where to start......Kyle is going to be 1 in a few days!!! I just can't believe it - his party is next weekend (so after his birthday) and everyone keeps telling me they can't believe it either! We have been SO busy and crazy at work and I have hardly had time to breathe and busy at home ahh!!! Frankie starts school next week (on Kyle's birthday)! Kyle hasn't been feeling well for quite awhile again and I finally took him to the doctor on Monday - back on antibiotics :( but I really hope he's back to feeling 100% I hate seeing him sick!
DH and I had a little I don't know spat I guess this morning (on the phone) about Kyle (its just stupid but its been annoying me all day....)- I have eliminated dairy from my diet (well and never given Kyle any once he started eating food) a long time ago.....we've talked about when / how to try to introduce it again since he isn't "allergic" just sensitive. Part of me is not too worried since we've gone this long without it - its not that big of a deal.....and I had mentioned maybe I would ask his pedi at his 1 year check up. I also went through this with Frankie and he could tolerate small amounts of the "main" dairy products between 12-18 months and then it just kept improving from there. So I am hoping Kyle is the same (Frankie now of course is completly fine with any and all dairy and can eat as much as he wants) Well I mentioned this morning that when Frankie started daycare (at about 3 years old) he was noted for a dairy allergy so that they would not give him any and we would give it at home - that way he wasn't given too much since he was still not able to eat / drink too much. So anyway I mentioned I would probably do the same with Kyle so that we would know how much he was having as to not cause problems and DH is upset because "Kyle isn't the same genetically as Frankie" - YES DH I know this.....obviously - I'm just saying that Frankie was "sensitive" also and that worked great for him so if Kyle ends up being in a similar situation this is how I would like to handle it....but anytime I bring up anything with Frankie (related to Kyle) DH seems annoyed / put off......I'm not trying to be bitchy but I've been through a lot of this once ya know what I mean???
Grrr sorry! Rant over it just bugs me - sometimes he makes me feel like I've done a crappy job with Frankie because Frankie has behavior issues and yes I admit 100% I get annoyed (and sometimes very easily!!!) with him but he's my son no different then Kyle.....
I don't know....sorry ladies don't mean to babble on and write a novel!!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi Ladies!!!!

Bella-Sorry I should have kept the chatter going. Now that I am at home all day, I tend to get a little bored so I should just log in and gossip about whatever is happening LOL. Sorry you were unable to get another nap in. But was your childless day relaxing nonetheless? I can't imagine not having all 4 babies at one time, good for your husband for taking them off your hands whether it was on purpose or not. I also did sleep training with Archer around 3 months. Everyone I know says not to sleep train that early but all of those people do not have good sleepers. Although Archer does have his bad nights and if he is truly hungry I feed him in the middle of the night but that only happens when he is sick or teething. I feel guilty during that period because he needs the comfort of me and my boob lol when he is feeling bad.

Rachel-I have been giving him Tylenol. I need to get some ibuprofen if it works better. I haven't tried that yet. I know when they run fever you are supposed to rotate the two but Archer has technically never been sick thank goodness. I think me losing my temper last week was getting adjusted to being at home with the baby and his irritability with the teething. This week has been much better and today has been the best of all. I feel like we are finally get a hang of the new schedule and he is napping well and eating well and all in all I feel very proud. I can't wait to hear how you feel when you go back to work. P.S. we need some new pictures of ELI its been too long :P

Krissy-Glad you got some medicine for Kyle. Some kids in daycare just stay sick and sadly, they just never get immune until they are older. It sounds like Kyle may be one of those babies poor guy. I stinks because you probably miss a lot of work but your men are way more important than work!!! I'm sorry to hear that you and DH had a spat today. I see where you are coming from though because it is hard not to compare one child from the other even if they have different fathers. Your DH has to understand that you as his mother know what is best and if you feel it is right he should stand behind you. How is DH is Frankie? Sometimes the new husband can show favoritism when the new baby comes and kind of brush off the older one especially because Frankie is so much older and can do for himself. My DH often shows favoritism and the oldest is his. I notice that compare things with Archer to Taylor but it doesn't bother me. What does bother me is when he shows Archer so much attention and none to Tay. Even though he is 14 he still needs attention. Dh does get mad at me sometimes too when I make a decision on Archers behalf when DH doesn't think it is important. I cannot believe it is almost Kyle's birthday!!!

Natalie-How are you?

Claire-?? Any updates on the hospital and your inspection??

afm-It was a ruff last week. But this week has been so much better. I have a happy boy on my hands again and that truly makes me happy. Not only has Archer cut his top two teeth thank goodness but he also got thrush. So he is on an antifungal med to clear it up. Its already looking better. I am starting to sell on ebay. I need some sort of income and it seems like a good source, I have tons of name brand clothes I hardly wear. Also me and DH are going on our first ever night away from little guy. We are going to a country concert and got a hotel room for the night because we are both sure to be intoxicated. I am super excited but I know I know I am not going to know what to do without a baby to wake up to. I am so excited to have a night with my DH all to myself though :oops: Hope everyone is having a good week :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kiwifaire » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:42 am

Sorry, just wanted to pop in to say I am surviving but that each day has a lot of rough moments. The meds are keeping food down but I have almost no appetite or energy.

I hope everyone is doing well-ish!

On a side note Berlin is extremely sensitive to Dairy and I would be in the same boat. If there was any chance she could have a reaction down the road I would like to know that I was the one monitoring her intake.
kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi everyone,
Sorry I did come back to post again the other day but then half of my post got deleted somehow and I just didn't have time to type it all again!

Krissy - thanks for making me feel a bit better about going back to work. I know I really need to go back to work now and I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm starting to feel sad about leaving him...I'm sure that's normal - but I'll just have to see how it goes. As far as being annoyed about what DH said about Kyle and Frankie - I get it - he doesn't need to make a big deal of the fact they're not 'genetically identical'. Sounds like he's trying to exert his authority a bit when it comes to Kyle because he's 'his'? It might not be deliberate - but I guess I'm saying I can understand how you would feel annoyed - I think I would too if it was me. Hope you've managed to sort it out okay.

Kiwi - hope you aren't feeling too rough. Nice to hear you checking in - let us know how you go...

Claire - I hope you're doing okay after all the carbs you've had to drink lol! It sounds disgusting! How is DH now about the pregnancy? Is he getting excited yet?

Cara - I meant to ask - do you think the amber necklace helped at all with the teething? I'm starting to think 'no' when it comes to Eli - he's been teething today and is definitely better after painkillers. As far as photos go - I'm still not keen to post online in an open forum, but if people want to PM me their email address I'm happy to send some by email :) Or if anyone is on Facebook I could do it that way too, but I think I remember you saying you're not on Facebook?

Bella - I hope you managed to get through the time you had to yourself...It must be strange when you are used to having so many people around.

AFM - I sold our jumperoo today because Eli wasn't really interested in it anymore. He's happy walking in his walker and he's been crawling for a week or so now too. I was pretty happy - I got £50 for it (I paid twice that to begin with) and someone was supposed to be coming tomorrow to look at it, but she only had £40 to spend. Then I got an email today from someone saying he was keen to take it today - so he had a look and bought it then and there. I'm now thinking I'm going to have an addiction to selling items from our house lol! I only advertised it on Wednesday this week!

Otherwise work is being a pain in the ass as I was supposed to get paid this week but someone didn't fill out my return to work forms correctly so I still haven't been paid and it's likely to be Monday or Tuesday now. So the jumperoo money has come in handy!

Anyway, hope you girls are all good. Send me a pm with email addresses if you want to see any photos. Or I'm on Facebook too (not sure what would be the best way of finding me...)
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:31 am

Hi all

DP and I are sick. We managed to catch a stomach bug :( the gut issues seem to be a 48hr thing but it got my immune system down and I managed to get a cold/ flu on top, so basically as soon as I started feeling better with regard to the gastro, I started coughing and my nose is running like a tap!
It's Sunday night here now and I've been in bed sick since Thursday night :( I'm miserable. And as much as I want to, I don't think I'll be working tomorrow either. I have barley been able to eat since it hit me, I'm so weak and exhausted. It's 7:30 and I'm off to bed.
Just really hoping charley avoids getting it!

I'm sure I had more to say but I'm exhausted, brain is fried.
Night all

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:17 am

Good morning ladies! Its 7am here and I am the only one awake (we'll see how long that lasts.........) I am SOOOO surprised Kyle isn't up yet but yesterday he got up too early I think and was miserable - ended up laying him down around 7am and he didn't wake up until almost 9am! Anyway......

Natalie: Thank you! At this point with the dairy I am just thinking "why bother when he has enough foods he CAN eat and is happy - why rush/push it - its not like it bothers anyone but me really lol" and yes when we do introduce I want to me monitoring just in case - then if he does have issues I know his "limit" Sorry you are having such a hard time again!!! I was also sick my entire pregnancy - but not nearly as bad - no hospitalizations thankfully!! But still threw up all the time and really didn't gain much weight. I hope things improve and don't last the entire pregnancy!

Rachel: It will be hard to go back to work - you have been with Eli all the time for a year! But just knowing he's in good hands with your mom and having fun and being taken care of so well will really help. Even though Kyle goes to daycare I have known 1 of the ladies since high school so I trusted her - had some issues (which you all know) but thankfully they were nothing in the end - and had a few more that sadly happened when this lady was not there - but they were dealt with and over all I have seen Kyle enjoys it so that helps. You will feel sad (I still do some days!!!) but again I also really really look forward to seeing him on nights and weekends and feel that they mean more since we are apart (if that makes sense lol) As far as the DH issue - nothing has happened - we spend the rest of the (work) day not really talking which is not like us and when I got home nothing was said - I tried asking about it last night just casually and got "I don't know" when I asked what he thought we should do (introduce / wait , etc) so for now I am just going to leave it - might sounds dumb but if he doesn't want to talk about it and figure it out together then I'm going to do what I want to do.......yay on selling the jumparoo!!! (Oh and I'll PM you when I finish this post :D )

Cara: That's right your home now!!! I knew it was coming I guess I just forgot (lol......) With Kyle his issues with getting sick are more related unfortunately to the immune deficiency that he (and Frankie) have - and sinus problems are the most common and chronic for people with their disorder :( he can not become immune and only has the defenses provided with his treatment (when I take them to the hospital) which is not the same every time...It's confusing - if I have time I'll go more in-dept or I will next time I post (if I don't forget.....story of my life lately I usually have an awesome memory.....but that's a whole different post lol!) And on the DH thing - my thinking is also the kids will not be "exact" anyway - no one is!! So of course they are not the same I know this but I'm just saying......ya know?!?!?

Oh boy crying Kyle! Sorry

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:03 am

Krissy wow how did it feel to sleep in? Lol Archer has been on a wake up at 530 kick, eat and go back to sleep until 730. It's nice letting him sleep to 730 but the mornings im super tired are the morning thy doesn't usually happen. Like today he woke up at 650 and I'm sooo sleepy. I will definitely be napping with him today. I don't know much details about his immune disorder. I'm glad he is able to go for treatment to the hospital. So the stuff they inject I'm assuming is to help build his immunities?

Rachel-I know you don't like to post pictures. I'll be sending you my email, I bet he is adorable. And I actually do have a Facebook. It was made to join my December DDC. My name on there is December tww. You should be able to search for me. I don't post on their because I just use it for my private group. I think the amber worked for the first set of teeth that came in but now this last batch of teething was miserable. I also think my newest amber was a fake so I bought another real one. I'll let you know how I like it.

Claire-sorry your sick! I hope you are feeling better today and that Charley doesn't get sick too!

Natalie-oh no sorry the morning/all day sickness is taking
It's toll on you! Did you have it with your first pregnancy too? I hope you get some relief soon!

Afm-just enjoying my labor day weekend. Saturday I spent the day shopping with a girlfriend and dh kept Archer for me. I was gone for 7 hours an it was so fun! Sunday dh and dss went deep sea fishing on your deep sea fishing boat and came back without the boat. It sunk!! The transom was rotting and they had no idea under try we're 15 miles off shore going down :( they had to float in the ocean for 2 hours before someone saved them. When he called me I didn't believe him but now I am so grateful for the people who saved them. I was the only person who knew they went out yesterday and they usually don't get home until 11-12 at night. So I wouldn't have realized something was wrong until I woke up in the morning!! Im so happy they are safe and home with me now! Today I think we are just going to have a lazy day on the lake. Does everyone now feed their babies real food? I never give baby food, archer just isn't a big fan but some days I notice he just doesn't want to eat.
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BellaM » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:32 pm

Rachel - thank you so much for the tips!!! Might give it a go tomorrow night! Hoping it will be easier to cope with when I don't have to be up early the next day :)
WTG on selling your jumperoo. I'm exactly the same and get addicted to selling our house items :lol4: I hope work fixed your pay!!

Krissy - still feeling tired. Charlottes still sleeping the same so going to try Rachel's tips tomorrow night and FX I can start getting her on the right track.
Is Frankie excited about starting school? Sorry to hear Kyle's not feeling well. Especially in the lead up to his birthday!!

Cara - yay for 2 teeth for Archer. I hope his thrush is all cleared up now. How exciting for a night away, just you and DH :D Sounds like you had a great weekend. Well apart from DH and DSS getting stuck at sea 8O How frightening!!! So glad they got home safe and sound!
I've only ever given Charlotte real food. She's always refused to eat baby food. But then even with real food she wouldn't eat much, as in quantity. She's starting to eat more and more now though.

Natalie - sorry to hear you're not feeling well!!

Claire - hope you're feeling better soon!!

AFM - we ended up selling our boat over the weekend. So we're meeting with the mortgage broker on Monday to discuss what to do next. We're also wanting to talk about putting a pool in as well. So will see what he says. We're then meeting with the builder to do up our final house plans and finalise the building contract.
Charlotte has a runny nose at the moment and her eyes are starting to get yucky when she wakes up in the morning. Poor thing. My parents are visiting this arvo before flying up north tomorrow so I better get this house cleaned :roll:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby BellaM » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:04 pm

DH is coming home early! :yay: I had a meltdown when he left which I haven't done in a looooooong time. Plus he's being transferred to a different mine site. So wanted a break from work and to come help me. 11wks today and i swear the baby on my ticker is now massive :lol4:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby kiwifaire » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Hello Everyone!

First off Cara Oh that is crazy about the boat! whaaaat! That is literally my worst nightmare ha.

Bella- Whoop whoop on DH coming home early!

Just wanted to add this little gem of my pretending like I enjoy being pregnant. First pregnancy I was queasy but nothing like the last two. We are definitely done after this.

kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BellaM » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:34 pm

:rofl: what a great photo Natalie!!
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby kiwifaire » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:11 pm

I am glad you enjoyed it! Everyone else's photos they look so serious ha.
kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups