The Babymakers #5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #5

Postby Bouvgirl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:35 am

Great photo Natalie!! You don't look queasy at all :wink: Can't imagine how you're feeling. I didn't realise how crap I felt at the time during pregnancy - I had a relatively easy pregnancy until the end when back pain got pretty bad...but now I'm not pregnant I look back and think "yeh, I felt awful!". Plus I gained a ton of weight which I've lost now (4 stone to be exact) and I feel so much more like my old self. Anyway, not to rub it in - hope the nausea surprises you by not being so bad after all...

Claire - hope you're feeling better soon. Still waiting on your bump pic (unless I missed it?)

Bella - let me know how the sleeping thing goes...I think it's being consistent that's the key - but then all babies are different - so I hope the tips help.

Cara - glad you're having an easier time now with Archer's teeth. I still give Eli some pouches of fruit/veg because he likes them but otherwise he gets home made things. He ate fish for the first time this week - and seems to like cauliflower cheese too! Anything with cheese sauce on it is a hit! What kind of things do you make for Archer? I think you said he eats what you eat - do you puree his food or anything or just give it whole?

Krissy - how was Kyle's birthday? Thanks for posting the photos. I cannot believe he is 1 already, can you? I reckon the first 4 or 5 years are going to fly by...Did you say his party is this weekend coming? (sorry I can't remember anything these days unless it's in my diary :roll: )

AFM - last few days of freedom before I'm back at work. I finally got paid today - woo hoo! Only a week overdue but no-one seemed bothered about that except me. I seem to have run up quite a bit of a credit card bill - buying Eli clothes, toys, food etc. so I'm looking forward to earning money again. Not much else going on here really except the dreaded outlaws are back from holiday at the end of this week. DH hasn't spoken to them for a few weeks after his dad told him not to call - but then when they went on holiday he started getting text messages about the weather that said "love from Mum and Dad xxx" - like NOTHING is going on!! WTF?! These people are seriously crazy. I think there's going to be some kind of show-down when they come back. They're going to insist on meeting at some point to "sort things out" (really just looking for an apology from me) and instead I'm going to tell them exactly where the problems lie and what I think of them. That should be interesting... DH is sick of them and doesn't care if I am actually rude to them now (I wasn't before, but they seem to think I was....) Ha ha, bring it on I say!

Well hope everyone is good
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:46 am

Hi ladies!!! Well some of you saw my pics in the picture thread - but I posted a few :D

Natalie: I LOVE the belly pic lol!!! and I love the pics in the picture thread! You have a beautiful family!!! How are you feeling? Sorry the queasy / stomach issues are getting you again :( Oh and Kyle's hair - it used to always stick straight up I LOVED it!! Now it is getting longer and thicker and lays down like a little boy......cute of course but I loved his "crazy hair" as we called it :D

Rachel: Thank you for the birthday wishes for Kyle! I can NOT believe he is 1!!! Its crazy!! His party is this coming Saturday - I am nervous and excited! I think he will enjoy it though! Glad you finally got paid!!! Oh boy...the in laws lol!!! I used to get a lot of the text / phone calls as if nothing was happening - like they think you'll just "forget" lol or what?!?! But I would just hold firm and honestly (if it was me) I wouldn't have a sit down - an email or text stating you've already spoken so there is nothing else to say - but then be SURE there will be a tantrum lol!!! How is Eli?? He's next to be 1!! Can you believe it????

Bella: YAY for DH coming home early!!!! How are you feeling otherwise? Charlotte is so beautiful!! Thanks for the updated pic!! How is she sleeping?? Just be consistant that is a big thing - Kyle used to be a horrible sleeper and now ......AWESOME! lol I lucked out - I really thought he was going to be a crappy sleeper. Frankie was excited (I think) for school........he's 11 and already getting major attitude with me :doh: how about your boys????

Claire: How are you????? We miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cara: Well I really didn't get to sleep in.....maybe by a few minutes (Kyle is usually up between 5:30-6am - I still got up at 6:15am thinking he'd be up soon.....) And I don't get to nap with him :( and I get up to pump before he gets up...so weekends I get up at 4am pump then lay back down for a little (try to trick myself that I am getting more sleep lol) I can't believe the boat sunk!!! How scary!! Kyle eats regular food and has for awhile - the only "baby" food he eats is some fruit sometimes mixed with his oatmeal (but he eats regular oatmeal - not baby oatmeal) he likes if I put a little of the pureed fruit in with the oatmeal - and I don't blame him I don't think I'd wanna eat plain oatmeal either lol!

Well anyway sorry I didn't get back the other day - weekends are so busy for me!! I think when Kyle woke up it was about 7:10am or so - he must have been tired and needed the sleep so I'm glad I could let him sleep in!
Kyle's party is this weekend and I feel like I have so much to do yet I really can't do most of it until this weekend ......I hate that!
Frankie is constantly giving me an attitude and I am ready to explode at times....I know he's 11 and supposed to act like that but geez!!! Oh and I didn't get a pic of him for his first day of school yesterday......got major attitude about that.....boy oh boy I don't know.....I just hope he keeps the attitude in check for the party I would hate to have to say something to him and make him sit in the bedroom for the party .....I'll be talking to him about it the day before but honestly if he chooses to keep acting like this then I will have no problem making him miss the party.....but I will....lol! Like yesterday he wouldn't / didn't want to sit at the table after he finished eating to do cupcakes with Kyle for his birthday.....sassy boy!!!
Hope everyone is doing good!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Alright, just a quick hello to wish everyone a good weekend. It's early here (630am) and we're up. Hoping to head into town for a couple of hours this morning which we haven't been able to do with Eli for ages. Then home in time for lunch and his lunch-time nap. Pouring with rain here :(

Hope everyone gets some rest and relaxation this weekend (especially the girls who are sick)

See you later!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:21 am

Hi everyone!! I'm baaaaack!! Lol

Haven't had much energy since last weekends illness bombardment lol. Still a little big congested and run down but certainly feeling much better!
So I had Monday off work as I'd suspected I'd need. Tuesday and Wednesday were ok days at work, just did what needed to be done and tried not to overdo it. Thursday morning they decided to rearrange my reception area! During work hours! The whole clinic is having a renovation, but it was very disruptive to have my workspace literally turned upside down, without notice, with clients there too made it stressful and embarrassing. It put me behind in my work and by the end if the day I still hadn't made up the lost time.
Friday I started behind and had the day from hell. Ugh don't even want to go into it, but I only had a 5 min break all day! Just long enough to eat lol
Any whoo work rant over lol sorry

Today was a productive day :)
Got up at 7:30 and started cleaning, then just couldn't stop myself lol got a new washing machine, moved the old one, put washing on, tried a new carpet cleaner, swept, vacuumed, washed doors and walls, washed dishes, cleaned up after the pets..all up I Spent about 11 hrs cleaning today! Still more to do to get it to my standard but 11hrs in a day is enough! Will aim to do more tomorrow lol
Just going to pop a load of washing in the machine and call it a night.

Really wanted to do personals but I'm falling asleep as I'm
Typing so will try to pop back tomorrow

Hope everyone and their LOs are well

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Claire - glad you are feeling better and woah, 11 hours of cleaning! What a productive day :o Hope you are resting up a bit this weekend and not having to worry about things being reorganised at work...

OMG, DH called his parents tonight cos they're back from holiday. It just gets worse and worse... They're saying now that we ABUSED them when they came to see us!!!! :roll: :roll: These people are SO dramatic. And of course they kept going on and on about how awful they feel and they just can't understand why we're being so mean to them! They said they're just back from a 'wonderful' holiday for 2 weeks and then said they're not sleeping and they're "feeling devastated" over all of this. They didn't once ask how Eli was doing, and then DH finds out from his brother that they were asking him whether we were having a party for his birthday! They were also going on about me and saying I was rude to MIL and claiming I'd said things to them that I never said. Honestly, these people are driving me insane :twisted: :twisted: DH left it that there's nothing more to say and they're going to call some time when they want to. We're convinced they'll call before the 1st birthday. Watch this space.... If I'm honest I think DH is better off without them even though they are his parents. They actually tried to make out tonight that what we call emotional blackmail is actually just "normal" between parents and children. WTF!! :evil: :evil:

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend without such drama :wink: We're sitting drinking wine and then I'm off to bed soon. Poor Eli didn't nap very well today but he's been sleeping since about 715pm so hopefully tonight will go ok. Talk to you all later - more vino for me...
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Bouvgirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:57 am

Well ladies - Monday evening here and I'm feeling totally depressed at the thought of going back to work tomorrow :( It'll probably be fine but I feel so sad at leaving the little man at home! Feels like the end of an era... Lots of mummy guilt I'm afraid. I'm sure you all know how that feels to some extent or another. Ugh, poor me!!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:43 am

Hi ladies - just wanted to stop in quick :D

Rachel: Sorry you are nervous for starting work tomorrow - it will be hard to leave Eli but it will be good for both of you as well :D he will be in wonderful hands with your mom and I think you both will do well......let us know how you do! I'll be thinking of you! - oh and OMG your post about your in laws!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!

Claire: Glad you are feeling better! Yay for lots of cleaning - just don't over do it!!! How is Charley??

Cara: How are you??

Natalie: How is your all day sickness?? The girls??

Bella: How are you feeling? Have you been to the doctor yet for the pregnancy?? Sorry if you already mentioned.....

AFM: Kyle's party was this past weekend - went well I think - seemed like everyone had a good time. I will try to post some pics this week! I still can't believe my sweet little boy is 1!!!!!!!!
Anyway - have to get back to work - if tomorrow is quiet I'll be back!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby kiwifaire » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Hello Everyone,

Sorry to post and run but to update everyone. I have been feeling very run down and queasy. The pills keep me from getting sick but they make me extremely tired and I am still queasy. So needless to say I am a pretty miserable person to be around.

I am thinking of you all!

kiwifaire
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby h0ping » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:20 am

Natalie sorry you're still feeling so bad!!!! Glad you still peek in though!!!!

Rachel thinking of you on your first day

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks Krissy. The day went ok but it's only 8pm here and I'm shattered. I think I'll be in bed in the next half hour lol! I was at work by 8am and didn't really stop all day. Ate lunch in 5 minutes in front of the computer and I have an enormous pile of stuff that needs sorted (admin things) that'll take me at least a week to get through. It got to 5pm and I was straight out of the door with a headache! Got home and lots of smiles from Eli :) He had a bath, milk feed and then bed. Bed for me too soon! So I survived... I've had a sore throat for 2 days now though and slept really badly last night - so I figure I deserve an early night tonight. Hope things are good with you
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BellaM » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:27 am

Rachel - haven't tried the techniques yet as DH was home and I was at work. But will give it a go over the weekend :) :lol4: at DH's parents. Don't you just love how people dramatise sh!t to other people in order to get sympathy :roll: They think emotional blackmail is normal between parents and children?! Wow, then I must come from an abnormal family!! :?
Glad to hear you survived your first day back at work. It's definitely tiring juggling work and family. Hope you managed an early night!

Krissy - Happy (belated) Birthday to Kyle :balloons: 1 already?!? Thats crazy :) Oh I'm hearing you on the attitude. DS1 is turning 11 in December and o.m.f.g :doh: Glad to hear Kyle's party went well :D
I've only been to the dr once so far. I'm getting bloods done Monday then have my NT scan the following Monday after that.

Claire - wow at 11hrs cleaning, you crazy woman!! I remember doing when I was pregnant with Charlotte and I was sssooooooo sore the next day. I hope you pulled up alright.

Natalie - sorry to hear you're still feeling miserable! You look great though :D Very cute little bump!

AFM - DH went back to work today. I've hit the 12wk mark and am still feeling tired all the time. I'm hoping that starts to go away over the next couple of weeks! NT scan is 23rd Sept and I can't wait to see that everything is ok. I've caught a few people at work looking at my tummy but no ones been game to ask anything. If they do I'll probably act mortified and say "what baby?" just to f**k with them :lol4: The weather is warming up here so we've been swimming a fair bit over the last week. Charlotte absolutely loves the water!
My new craving at the moment is choc mint ice creams. Although I really should start watching my weight as i've gained 4kg already :oops: :oops: :oops:
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:52 am

according to the scales at work I've put on 4kg the last 2 weeks after only gaining 6kg the whole pregnancy before that! I haven't been eating junk either so no idea how I've done it, or where it's hiding cos I can't see it! Lol
After my cleaning last Saturday I felt ok Sunday so did some more on Sunday but I took it a bit easier lol. It's Friday here now and my back is killing me! But I have to tidy my room tomorrow as we are getting a whole new bed from DP's Aunty.
And I really want to get my cat run cleaned up so I can move the cat out to it and get the carpet cleaned so I can start setting up the spare room for the baby! Can't believe how close it's getting!!! So much to do! So much to buy! So little time n so little money lol.
Realized today that my brothers sister (confusing, don't remember if I've explained but irrelevant anyway lol) has 8 kids, and might have things I'll need with 2 of my own, so I messaged her. Turns out she's still using her double pram n a few other things I was looking for, AND she's expecting AGAIN!
So she's soon to have 9 kids! 3 are her half sisters but she adopted them years ago, the rest are all hers. Anyway just needed to tell someone lol she's told me to keep it quiet for now, but it's so hard not to tell. Lol lucky I have you ladies

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Hey all! I survived my first week back at work :jump: So glad it's over now but it's been good. Everyone was glad to have me back because the locum doing my job was really awful to everyone! Plus I've been getting such lovely smiles from Eli when I get home every day :D :D

Claire - lol about you having to tell someone about your brother's sister! It's quite strange having friends online, isn't it? You can definitely tell us lot things you might not tell other friends...

Bella - I liked your comment about f****ing with your work colleagues who've been checking out your belly! I'm sick of people at work saying "you've lost so much weight" or "you're so thin" - I'm just like "yeh, I was pregnant the last time you saw me."

Natalie - absolutely a cute belly pic! Hope you aren't feeling too rough...

Krissy - hope you've had a good week. Thanks for your support about going back to work - it really made a difference :) What's happening with you this week? I've missed the chat but have hardly had any time to do anything this week. Hopefully it'll get easier once we're in a routine of work/home etc.

Cara - how're you doing? How are things working out working from home? Any more teething this week? I think Eli was teething a bit today but he's asleep right now so fingers crossed.

AFM - haven't been sleeping very well - I think just worried about things to do with work and not able to switch off at night. Otherwise not a lot new. Eli is walking pretty well pushing his cart and work of the week is "Eeeee eeeee"! I'm loving his hugs at the moment too - I just say "can I have a cuddle?" and he throws his arms out. So cute!

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend. Hairdresser for me tomorrow. Otherwise a quiet weekend and not much else on. Hope to see some more chatter here 8)
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi everyone!! It's Friday night here but I really wanted to get on and say hi and give a quick update (and then I noticed I missed some chatter!!!!)

Cara: Hello?????? We miss you Cara!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bella: Great to hear from you!!! Thanks for the (belated) birthday wishes!!! Yes the attitude!!!!!!! OMG!!! Glad someone else understands! Although I have to say its been (a little....little) better this week....Glad your feeling alright...tired of course is to be expected! How is Charlotte? The boys?

Claire: Nice to hear from you too! I can't believe you will have another LO soon! Any name thoughts?? When are you done working??

Rachel: Yay for surviving the first week! How did Eli do?? You??? Kyle was sick again - so I was off work yesterday with him then today was hospital day with both boys.....so sorry I haven't chatted much but lots going on! You will settle into a routine soon and I am glad you get lots of snuggles and smiles from Eli :D makes it a little easier! I wanted to ask - are you still breastfeeding? Will you continue after 1 year????

AFM: Hospital day today - Kyle weighed 17 pounds 11 ounces so I'm guessing 17 and a half pounds at 1 year (since its already 10 days after his birthday!) and about 27.5" - everyone kept getting different measurements lol!!! Both boys are doing well - just constant sinus issues which leads to a horrible cough and Kyle has been moved "up" at daycare (did I mention this.......sorry if I did...) and I don't think the schedule change has helped...but I will get into that more next week! Anyway - just wanted to stop in and join the chatter!! :D If I am not back this weekend hope everyone has a good weekend and I'll update some more next week and hopefully post some birthday pics!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Gah I'm so moody this morning!
I'm annoying myself with my mood swings, lucky DP is asleep lol

DP and I had an argument last night, I just had to get out of the house for a while so I put charley to bed then got in the car and drove to a nice quiet park, sat in the car listening to music and txting DP exactly what I thought about his behavior lol
He still has no idea about balance in life and its frustrating the hell outta me. After over an hour of me trying to explain that I need more from him he finally said he will cut back on his time with his mates! Yay! I just hope he does!
He's been doing casual work, 2 days a week, delivering bread and helping in a bakery, which is great, but all his spare time (5days a week and 7nights) has been being spent with his mates! We have so much to do around the house before our second baby arrives and before the house inspection, and I need some time with him as a couple too, but he just doesn't seem to get why I'm stressed and upset by his lack of motivation to help or his seeming lack of interest in spending time with me.. Normally I'm just quietly angry when he's doing things, or not doing things, that bother me, but hopefully after I blew up and left last night he will wake up and make a change! He had tears in his eyes when I walked out, maybe he needed that shock.
Anyway we got a few things sorted during the argument so I eventually came home and went to bed.
I got up about an hour ago and was happily laying in bed planning my day, then charley woke up and kept asking for dad, next thing I kno I'm cranky, got charley changed and put her in the cot with some toys and a bottle and started cleaning the kitchen, half way through I just wanted to cry, cos I love DP so much, and desperately wanted a hug, then I laughed at myself and felt determined to clean like crazy, and was happy about it. Realized how many moods I'd been through already, made myself a coffee and sat down outside for a while lol feeling indifferent now, laying on my bed watching scooby-doo, waiting for charley to decide if its play or nap time.
If she goes to sleep think I might have a nap too and start the morning again, if its play time I'll get her to help me clean up, or keep the cat entertained while I clean..
Infact now I'm feeling determined again lol think I might just make a start on the cleaning regardless lol

Sorry to ramble, it's crazy in my head this morning lol
Lol and to think the other day I told a friend I don't get mood swings when I'm pregnant lol I'm clearly swinging from the ceiling today lol this is hilarious and frustrating all at the same time, I'm going to get offline now before I drive you all insane with my inane rambling lol
I'll be back when I level out a bit lol

Hope the rest of you are less crazy then me lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups