The Babymakers #5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: The Babymakers #5

Postby h0ping » Sun May 26, 2013 3:11 am

Oh Claire!!!!!!! I agree maybe he needs a little time??? Ohh I'm so sorry though! :hugs:

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Sun May 26, 2013 4:57 am

I hope so ladies.. Otherwise I don't know what to do...

Just had a civilized convo with DP but he didn't want to discuss any of his problems/thoughts/feelings as he was 'in a good mood'
But he won't discuss them when he's upset or angry either lol frustrating!
I can't win. Sigh..

It was in the middle of an argument that he said it but I think he truely is unhappy about it.. I just don't know why, I mean honestly he hardly has to do anything for charley, he still hangs out with his mates all the time, doesn't do nappies, rarely feeds or bathes her, occasionally dresses her and makes a bottle- seriously not much has changed for him with us having one baby, I don't understand why he's so concerned about the idea of two.

Tried to get some answers regarding his attitude to me lately but didn't get far... The main thing that bugs me with DP is how long it takes to get him to talk about problems.. Seriously this could take weeks and I'm not one who likes to drag things out, I need to get to the bottom of things and move forward....
I know I'll be super sensitive at work this week, but we are short staffed all week so I can't take any time off. I haven't done a thing this weekend but I'm so exhausted from arguing with DP I just want to sleep for a week.. Sigh..

Anyway it's 10pm so I'm going to try and get some sleep before tomorrow.
Night ladies

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby carak21 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:24 am

Hi girls! Hope your all having a lovely weekend.

Claire-sorry to hear all the problems your having with DP. I'm going to e honest with you as I would consider us friends an would do the same for my friends at home. I think DP sounds like a jerk. I think he needs a huge reality check! You do everything for him and try so hard to get him to do things with you, I think you need to step back-leave or kick him out something to make him realize what he has. He has one child and one on the way, it's time for him to grow up. Casey (DH) has been a dick from day one, but ever since Archer was born we don't have any problems. He doesn't go out all hours of the night with friends anymore, we spend Saturday nights doing things together. It's just apart of having a family. I hope I didn't offend you and if I do I apologize and will not state my opinions any longer. I hope you can get things worked out but honestly you don't need the stress right now with a LO on the way.

Rachel-enjoy your mani :) were boating again today! Beautiful weather and Archer is loving the water.

Krissy-yay Kyle for sleeping in!! Sorry to hear Kyle lost weight, poor guy! I'm happy he is feeling better though :) have fun at your BILs. I'm sure your will enjoy it. I'd love to see a picture of Kyle in his baseball outfit :)

Afm-just enjoying the long weekend. Was on the boat all day yesterday and will be today. Then this afternoon we have a memorial day party to go to which will probably be pretty boring but we kind of have to. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Archer is getting to the point where he is not napping while we are on the boat so by the time we get home he is pooped. But that's our weekend life, he will adjust. Tomorrow I'm taking my mom to this outside mall/park where they have boutiques and restaurants and it's soo nice down at the beach. Casey is going deep sea fishing and I am not lol! Hopefully it will be a great time :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1
DD-Aspen Claire born September 1st 7lb 1 oz

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bouvgirl » Tue May 28, 2013 10:47 am

How is everyone?

Claire - how are things with you and DP? Has he come to his senses yet? I kind of agree with Cara - what an awful thing to say to you - he can't have been thinking how you must feel about all of this. I hope he works things out soon...

Krissy - how're things with you? I hope Kyle is better and work is going ok for you.

Cara - how was time with your mum? The shops and restaurants sound wonderful!

AFM - things are good here. We had his baptism/christening on Sunday and it went well, but went by really fast. DH and I had to drive around for an hour and a half afterwards to get him to nap. A few friends came along and then we had lunch after. I'd ordered a chocolate truffle cake with his name on it - it was delicious! Finished the last piece off tonight lol! I find it so hard talking to people when I've got one eye on him but the 2 grandmothers took him out in the pram for a while so that helped! Otherwise not much going on since then...He's started having a big nap at lunch time so we missed our mother and baby group today cos I didn't want to wake him up :(

Anyway, not much else interesting to say - hope you ladies are all good!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Wed May 29, 2013 7:25 am

Good morning ladies!!! How was everyone’s weekend?

Mine was good yet busy as always!

Claire: wondering if you have made any progress with DP……I’m really sorry he is acting this way and then won’t talk to you about it! I understand saying things when upset and being scared/nervous….but that is a pretty serious thing to say!!! I really hope he comes around and you guys are able to talk and get this figured out. You shouldn’t be stressed out right now…….

Cara: Sounds like you had a nice weekend – how was time with your mom?? Kyle is feeling better YAY!! I will take a pic of him in his baseball outfit when he wears it…….the weather has to get nicer though! Baseball was cancelled yesterday because of rain….and its still cool enough mainly at night that our furnace is STILL coming on!!!!!

Rachel: How is Eli sleeping / napping? Kyle finally slept through the night again last night!!! YAY Kyle!!! But with being sick he has been all over the place with his sleeping and eating so now getting back on track! Sounds like the Christening was nice!!!

AFM: Thankfully Kyle is on the mend and was back to daycare yesterday and did well!!! Sunday Frankie started not feeling well……..YIKES!! But thankfully he is also doing alright and went to school yesterday. But he did something to his back and has been hobbling around like an old man since Sunday!!! I am not sure what happened – he was playing in a tree Saturday (after being told NOT to!!! – was told that last year also – little neighbor girl likes to climb the trees and I tell them no climbing at our house and he is not to climb at her’s…..) well Sunday this started so last night I asked him if he had been in the tree Saturday and he said yes but now won’t tell me what happened – just says he “almost” fell out…..but I don’t know the whole story…there is no visible injury but he probably pulled a muscle or something…..
Otherwise not much else happening – just getting back into the week day schedule it was hard being home with Kyle all week – just really makes me want to be with him more……
Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Rachel- glad to ear Eli's christening went well!! :) I bet he was adorable!I totally know what you mean about keeping your eye on the baby. I feel like I never look anyone in the ey anymore for fear of loosing the baby lol. How has your week been?

Krissy-yay for Kyle feeling better an soo happy Frankie didn't get bad sick! Sorry to hear the weather is still yucky. Good job for sleeping through the night! I bet you are one refreshed mama!!

Claire-how are things hun!

The weekend was lovely and had a great time with my mom. Spent a little too much money but oh well! Having a pretty decent work week. I told my boss I was leaving today and she cried which made me cry but she got over it and felt better. Yesterday was my nieces kindergarten graduation and it was so cute! Friday is my pre k classes grad. I'm so ready to get them over with! Everything has been pretty good and good news, Archer is now a sitter!!! I'm so excited :) here's a pic of him sitting with his amber necklace on. I don't know of it really is helping because I don't think he is teething yet. He drools and chews on things but I don't think he will get any teeth until he is around 8 months or so. :)
It's a picture of a picture so quality sucks but you get the point
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Thu May 30, 2013 3:12 am

Hey all, it's been a hectic week with work.
Put that on top of the shitty weekend I had last weekend with DP and being pregnant and you get one exhausted mumma.

I'll post a proper update on the weekend, just wanted to let you all know I'm ok, just busy and tired. DP's attitude is improving but still some work needed.
Anyway I'm reading just too tired to post.

Silly cat is still eatin things he shouldn't and left me a hidden present of vomit on my bed, which I found with my butt. His bloods came back normal, so it's 3 weeks of antibiotics for his cough then X-rays and a dental for him next.

Archer is adorable

Glad Eli's christening went well

Hope Kyle and Frankie are both feeling better soon

Gtg, pets to feed and time to stretch my back.
May try and find beans hb on my Doppler if I feel upto moving from the bed to get it.

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Thu May 30, 2013 3:14 am

So cute cara!!!!! He looks so big!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Thu May 30, 2013 3:16 am

Claire we posted at the same time! I hope things with do straighten out and your cat too....hang in there mama and try to get some rest!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Thu May 30, 2013 3:20 am

Everything on hold now, Charley's feeling spewy .. Poor girl..
She gets upset when she throws up now, specially if she's alone in bed.
Hope she's feeling better soon, hate when she's unhappy or unwell plus mummas back is really sore :|

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bouvgirl » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:41 am

Love the photo of Archer, Cara - he's getting so big! Hope you're having a good weekend

Claire - hope Charley feels better soon so you can get some rest. Also hope DP stops stressing you out. Hope the weekend lets you put your feet up a bit compared to work during the week.

Krissy - how're you? I feel like I haven't been here much this week. Having a bit of a rubbish day with Eli. He didn't nap very much this afternoon and he's been moaning all day long - it's really going through my head - I can't wait until he's in bed tonight. I've lost all patience today!

Not a lot has been going on this week. I feel kind of lazy and fed up. Think I need to go back to work - but at the same time when I think about it I feel worried too (and it's still 3 months away). Our dog was sick today too - hope it's something simple and not anything serious. She has blood tests on Monday to check her liver is ok because of some medication she's on... I do worry about her - but we had a good time yesterday out on a walk with a friend who has an Australian labradoodle - they get on so well... Anyway, feel like I don't have much to say so I won't ramble on...

Hope everyone is having a reasonable weekend!
Bouvgirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby carak21 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Happy weekend ladies! Hope your day gets better Rachel! I get aggravated some days too especially when he is off! It's normal, going back to work would help. It makes me feel better about getting aggravated with him.

Surprise surprise we are on the boat again! Lol archer is messed up today because we left early so he didn't get his morning nap. He is still in good spirits but I can tell he is tired. Casey is going fishing tomorrow so I need to find something to do :-/. I may just hang out around the house and watch movies. I really wish I didn't get sea sick so I could go too :( Tuesday is my dss birthday and he will be 14. We are going to go out in the ocean to a place called shell island. A lot of boaters go out and hang out all day. It's cool because you see all types of sea life and I found sand dollars the last time I was there that I brought back to show my class. My co teacher in my classroom has been looking for another job because work has been such a change and we do not like it anymore and she just got a job interview for Monday. Which reminds me, I finally bit the bullet and talked to my boss. She was very upset but I'm so glad I did it before she finds out about my coworkers interview. Oh she is going to have a mental break down! Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend :)
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clairebear » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi everyone :)

Thursday DP cleaned the kitchen :) and had Chinese for dinner with me at home, we were going to watch a movie after but one of his mates was stuck on the other side of town so DP went to pick him up and I fell asleep before he got home, but he came home with chocolate milk, chocolate, Lollies and appologies lol

So Friday night DP arranged for MIL to have charley overnight and we went to a fine dining restaurant by the lake for dinner, came home and watched a movie in bed together, and had a lovely evening.

Saturday morning I woke up in a great mood, had a shower, charley came home and we did some cleaning together. When DP got up I left charley with him and went to the shop, came home and made choc cherry ripe pancakes :)

This morning I'm having a lazy morning, supposed to be having lunch with my sister but she's full of excuses. Charley's entertaining herself in her room and I'm going to put her down for a nap soon and start dinner, slow cooked beef n veg stew yummmmo!! Perfect winter dinner :) got a bit more cleaning to do but I need some stuff from the shop and it's not good walking weather so gotta wait for DP, and he's having a sleep in. It's ok with me tho, like I said I'm having a lazy day and going to start slow cooking dinner anyway.

Gtg put charley down for her nap. Will try and come back for personals later, feel rude just talking about myself lol

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby h0ping » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 am

Good morning ladies!! Hope everyone had a nice weekend!!

Rachel: How is your dog? Nothing serious I hope!! How are things with Eli? I have those days too – patience runs thin sometimes!!! Are you excited/nervous about going back to work?? I am having a bad I wish I could be home with my baby day! Another baby is leaving daycare because his mom will be staying home with him  and Kyle cried like crazy when I dropped him off. I hate having to come to work but I love my boss/my job….it sucks!!!!!!

Cara: How was your weekend? Glad you talked with your boss!! And good thing you talked to her before your co worker! Do you expect a lot of people to start leaving?

Claire: How are you? Don’t feel bad talking about yourself!!! Sounds like you had a nice few days with DP!! That’s great! How are you feeling other wise? When is your next doctor appointment / scan???

AFM: Not much really to report – just started off bad today  Hate leaving my little boy and then hearing another boy is leaving daycare to stay home sucks!! I am happy for those moms but really wishing I could stay home too!! And DH just doesn’t understand. He complains I should get a “better” job (I don’t make much money BUT the flexibility is WONDERFUL and I couldn’t get a better boss and so I always tell him if I went somewhere else and made more money that’s great – BUT say one of the boys gets sick like Kyle just did and I miss a whole week of work – I could lose my job!!! Then I won’t be making any money…….) Ahhh anyways – sorry ladies not a good day!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby carak21 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Happy 9 months Kyle!! Jeez where has the time gone?! So sorry to hear you were having a bad day Krissy! It does suck when you see other people staying home with their babies and we are stuck working for a living. I wish he wouldn't cry when you left, that's horrible. I hope Archer never does that :(. I agree with you though. It's nice that you have such good flexibility at your job because you always have so much going on with the boys. Don't worry though your boys will turn out to be awesome men because you are working so hard for them.

Claire- nice to hear you had a good weekend. Hopefully you and do are getting along well together. How is baby number two doing? I cannot believe it is almost time to find out what your having already! I forgot when are you due again?

Rachel-hope things are good with Eli this week :)

Afm-it's summer school here now and I'm working the summer to save for Disney. I only had 13 kids in my class today so it was a very low key day! I'm soo tired Archer slept horrible last night and was very unsettled throughout the night. Which of course made me unsettled so neither of us have had much sleep. I am super ready for bed but dinner is Calling my name first. We're having shark, French fries, and corn on the cob yum! Tomorrow is dss bday!! He's 14 and so hard to shop for. I just got him a card with $30 and his dad is giving him $50. Then we will go out to eat tomorrow night. Saturday we are going to the island. We are bringing another family friends and I cannot wait! I went to visit my mil yesterday and it was the worst visit ever! All she does is talk about herself and it gets sooooo old. Then she wanted me to leave archer with her while I shopped. Ummm no. It's my day off work and I'm spending it with my boy. She was mad but oh we'll. Next time I just won't visit her picky butt. Anyway. Off to eat dinner and go to bed. Good night ladies!
Cara (28)
DH-Casey 36
DSS-Taylor-15
DS-Archer-1

carak21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Preg/Mom Circles & Buddy Groups